Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: What did you just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    Well, I find that movie little off for my taste which clearly suggests that I have already passed the stage of blockbustericus in The Six Stages Of Movie Geek Evolution.
    The final stage is when you can wait for the movie to show up on TV for free instead of spending money to see it.

I just watched the movie “The decent” its about a caving expedition goes horribly wrong, as the explorers become trapped and ultimately pursued by a strange breed of predators. I really enjoyed the movie.
    Signature deleted because it contains commercial link.

Source Code, was ok, got too happy happy at the end though.

I watched Caroline the second times yesterday,I admire the film mostly because it is good to look at. Selick is as unconventional in his imagery as Gaiman is in his writing, and this is a movie for people who know and care about drawing, caricature, grotesquerie and the far shores of storytelling. In short, you might care little about a fantasy, little indeed about this story, and still admire the artistry of it all, including an insidious score by Bruno Coulais, which doesn't pound at us like many horror scores, but gets under our psychic fingernails.

I have just watched The Hangover 2

Quote Originally Posted by zaveira View Post
    I have just watched The Hangover 2
    I just watched this yesterday night.I actually liked this,although I am not sure if some of the audience understand the cultural differences in Asian culture.Some scenes before it was shown I kind of knew they might put it out in the open,but not quite sure if the production crew would actually do it.Sure does bring some memories my travel out of the country,but not like this movie.I do recommended it,if you like the first movie.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Watched "Warring States" this morning. I had great expecatations for it when I saw its trailer while i was on holidays in China during April/May. Afterall, Kim Hee Sun was in and so was one of my favs Francis Ng. The rest of the cast seemed decent enough and the basic plot was also good. So I thought nothing could go wrong, right? Wrong. How could they have made such a serious story humourous? It was all in bad taste and I thought I was watching some overaged schoolboy live out his first crush! They skipped over the more interesting bits like the chariot races (don't expect Ben-Hur).

By teh end, I hated the protagonist. I hated the female protagonist. The story was sloppy and disconnected. Only Francis and Kim Hee Sun gave it some dignity in their little scenes but it could not save the movie. I would have much rathered they cut out all the love scenes and just gone with the heartbreaking betrayal. The ending is nauseating and I am still fuming.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I just watch the movie Submarine. That is a nice movie to watch and enjoy, I like this movie very much.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Watched "Warring States" this morning. I had great expecatations for it when I saw its trailer while i was on holidays in China during April/May. Afterall, Kim Hee Sun was in and so was one of my favs Francis Ng. The rest of the cast seemed decent enough and the basic plot was also good. So I thought nothing could go wrong, right? Wrong. How could they have made such a serious story humourous? It was all in bad taste and I thought I was watching some overaged schoolboy live out his first crush! They skipped over the more interesting bits like the chariot races (don't expect Ben-Hur).

By teh end, I hated the protagonist. I hated the female protagonist. The story was sloppy and disconnected. Only Francis and Kim Hee Sun gave it some dignity in their little scenes but it could not save the movie. I would have much rathered they cut out all the love scenes and just gone with the heartbreaking betrayal. The ending is nauseating and I am still fuming.

Hmmm looks like a movie to watch ....
    I just finished New Shaolin Temple and Detective Dee...
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Quote Originally Posted by cristal entity View Post
    Hmmm looks like a movie to watch ....
    I just finished New Shaolin Temple and Detective Dee...
    If you want to be bored to death or shocked by retarded love declaration scenes, then go ahead and watch "Warring States"! Don't say i didn't warn you! Tell me what you feel after you watch!

Dectective Dee was visually fascinating to watch but they storytelling was very forced. But on the other hand, Shaolin's colours were dull but the overall effect was great! It had so many stars that i liked in it. I love Wu Jing! Just rewatched Legendary Assassin, Invisible Target and Fatal Contact just earlier in the day. Great stuff by Wu Jing. Can't belive he is 37. Still looks so adorable. Too bad he died in all the recent movies I see him in!

By the way, anyone seen Wind Blast with Francis Ng? Trailer looks cool!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

If you want to be bored to death or shocked by retarded love declaration scenes, then go ahead and watch "Warring States"! Don't say i didn't warn you! Tell me what you feel after you watch!

Dectective Dee was visually fascinating to watch but they storytelling was very forced. But on the other hand, Shaolin's colours were dull but the overall effect was great! It had so many stars that i liked in it. I love Wu Jing! Just rewatched Legendary Assassin, Invisible Target and Fatal Contact just earlier in the day. Great stuff by Wu Jing. Can't belive he is 37. Still looks so adorable. Too bad he died in all the recent movies I see him in!

By the way, anyone seen Wind Blast with Francis Ng? Trailer looks cool!
    Haha i guess ill stay away from until i'm really bored out of ideas on what to watch ....
    I really enjoy Wu Jings movies too! So intense and full of action, i think the next movie im gonna watch is fatal contracts or legendary assassin!
    Ive seen invisible target and i saw this music video on wu jing based on the movie... It was epic! A lovable hero and antihero for me except in shapolang.... I was glad when donnie yen killed him in that

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Haha i guess ill stay away from until i'm really bored out of ideas on what to watch ....
    I really enjoy Wu Jings movies too! So intense and full of action, i think the next movie im gonna watch is fatal contracts or legendary assassin!
    Ive seen invisible target and i saw this music video on wu jing based on the movie... It was epic! A lovable hero and antihero for me except in shapolang.... I was glad when donnie yen killed him in that

Invisble Target is probably Wu Jing's best speaking role. I thought he brought out the coolness and coldness in Tian Yang Sheng ( ) when he was bashing up everyone yet you can feel the love he has towards his brothers. Certainly one of my favourite recent movie villians - very human and sympathetic. I think he perfected his cold death stare in SPL and uses it well in his following films. Jet didn't talk much and only killed so not much really for me to go on. I knew he was a sociopath but I still liked him cos Wu Jing is so adorable. I liked Donnie as well but I can't help liking Wu Jing. I like his athletism and dynamic moves while Donnie is more of a solid powerful martial artist.

I found Legendary Assassins quite disappointing and exaggerated. The action is great but the story is not good and hella confusing. Tell me what you think of the ending because i am very confused by the sequence of events. Action in Fatal Contact is very good and much more realistic and you can see that everyone who fought put in heaps of training. But again, the story is not good and I hate the girl and the ending is crazy. Hate the movie but like the action.

Just found out that Wu Jing is in Wind Blast too! Yay! I do hope that Wu Jing will star in some good movies as a lead or co-lead or even a lead villian, rather than a supporting or cameo or a lead in a crap movie. He is immensely talented but he is 37 already. I do find that his baby face limited his roles to TV series when he was younger (he still looks quite young at times). He looks way more mature now and I hope he gets a big break soon!
    Cyril Connolly

Invisble Target is probably Wu Jing's best speaking role. I thought he brought out the coolness and coldness in Tian Yang Sheng ( ) when he was bashing up everyone yet you can feel the love he has towards his brothers. Certainly one of my favourite recent movie villians - very human and sympathetic. I think he perfected his cold death stare in SPL and uses it well in his following films. Jet didn't talk much and only killed so not much really for me to go on. I knew he was a sociopath but I still liked him cos Wu Jing is so adorable. I liked Donnie as well but I can't help liking Wu Jing. I like his athletism and dynamic moves while Donnie is more of a solid powerful martial artist.

I found Legendary Assassins quite disappointing and exaggerated. The action is great but the story is not good and hella confusing. Tell me what you think of the ending because i am very confused by the sequence of events. Action in Fatal Contact is very good and much more realistic and you can see that everyone who fought put in heaps of training. But again, the story is not good and I hate the girl and the ending is crazy. Hate the movie but like the action.

Just found out that Wu Jing is in Wind Blast too! Yay! I do hope that Wu Jing will star in some good movies as a lead or co-lead or even a lead villian, rather than a supporting or cameo or a lead in a crap movie. He is immensely talented but he is 37 already. I do find that his baby face limited his roles to TV series when he was younger (he still looks quite young at times). He looks way more mature now and I hope he gets a big break soon!
    Will be watching as soon as I get the time to sit down or comfortably lie on my bed and enjoy some awesome action !
    Yea i hope he gets a big break soon as i really believe he has immense potential and the talent... It's a joy to watch his movies....
    Btw have you watched the legend of the zu mountains?( i think that's the name) he was in that too... But not much air time compared to ekin cheng and louis koo ....
    Crazy movie that was confusing and crazy haha....

Today i watched the andy lau version of what women want... Pretty comical movie... Quite nice if not brilliant. Gong li is still looking nice for her age.
    Andy lau is as handsome as ever...

Btw have you watched the legend of the zu mountains?( i think that's the name) he was in that too... But not much air time compared to ekin cheng and louis koo ....
    Crazy movie that was confusing and crazy haha....
    Yeah! He was playing two characters. His first one died in the beginning then got reincarnated into the second one. Nothing extrordinary or anything - I couldn't even recognise Wu Jing until half way through cos he was flying so much. The whole thing had really bad CGI and things just move way too fast. In the end battle, I couldn't see who was fighting who in the flutter of metalic wings and red flashes, and then someone just died and I was like"Huh"? The one from the 80's had corny special effects but at least I got the story and it looked proper.

WU Jing does star in some confusing movies. Like Drunken Monkey and Tai Chi Boxer which was just excuses for everyone to act silly. Even Fatal Move was confusing and the ending was , like the writer got fired and they had to end the movie somehow. The only good thing about it was Tien Niu and the action at the end. But I still don't get why Wu Jing was fighting Sammo at the end all out of the blue! Seems like it was just forced into the story just because they had two great martial artists in the story and it would be a good selling point. The fight itself was good and Wu Jing had a lot of near escapes from Sammo's kicks. But the reason for the fight alludes me even today. The ending also sucks. And the blue hair... OMG!

Today i watched the andy lau version of what women want... Pretty comical movie... Quite nice if not brilliant. Gong li is still looking nice for her age.
    Andy lau is as handsome as ever...
    Andy Lau is ! One of my most favourite of all time. I thought the movie was soso (Hey, Mel Gibson was soso as well) but Andy was super-charasmatic! Wonder what is out next? That chinese movei doesn;t count as it is just a cameo. He seems to be putting off work for a few months now. Maybe the baby rumours are true! Gong Li looks smashing for her age! Definately one of the most beautiful Chinese women on screen.
    Cyril Connolly

I think he perfected his cold death stare in SPL and uses it well in his following films.
    I never like Wu Jing until SPL. I have a change of mind after that.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I never like Wu Jing until SPL. I have a change of mind after that.
    My impression of Wu Jing just be locked in his Tai Chi Boxer years when I was still in primary school. I find him extremely cute and adorable (feel like patting him like a puppy whenever he appears), but too kiddish for my liking. I liked him well enough but would never watch a movie just for him. Then he reappeared as a psychotic killer in SPL and really got my attention, and they was when I started being a fan. I used to dislike Donnie Yen a lot until SPL and Flashpoint. Hated his attitude but it seems to have toned down over the years.

BTW, has anyone watched the new "A Chinese Ghost Story"? I won't say it is crap but I disliked it even more than I disliked "Warring States". It was superficial and messy. Why on earth would they dedicate the movie to Leslie when they butchered his character into such an annoying pansy? I regret watching it.

Also watched "City Under Seige" last night! Hated it. Yuck! Everyone (especiually Aaron) annoyed me except for Colin and Wu Jing. Zhang Jing Chu was a vase. Nice to see Yuen Wah back. Colin should do more movies!
    Cyril Connolly

Internal affairs 2. Can someone tell me how the informant was shot especially he is holding policeman mole Andy Lau in front?

Watched Wind Blast or Xi feng Lie yesterday. Interesting but not great. I have to admit, the desert scenes looked breathtaking. I just felt bad for all the actors and actresses having to act and fight and jump off cars with sand blowing into their eyes. And everyone was talkimg with colums of white fog coming out of their mouths so I guess it must have been freezing. The story is pretty simple and straightforward. The first half when the characters are introduced is okay and the pace is fast but it gets lost in the second half when the action takes over. I seriously forgot why they were all in the desert in the first place and the ending scene was lame. I blame the choppy editing. Interesting to know that all off the artistes did their own stunts which is impressive as the cast is not exactly young. Duan Yi Hong was jumping off trucks and crashing into sand dunes which looked real difficult.

Everyone had their own minute to shine, but nothing unforgetable. I seriously thought Francis stole the show with his lines and expression (and the hairdo, yee the hairdo). Couldn't feel anything for anyone else. And the guy who dubbed him was terrible. Should have let Francis use his own voice since the dubber had a terrible accent. I think we were supposed to pity the lovebirds (Xia Yu and Charlie) but I find their reason for crime not very convincing. Yu Nan was refreshing as the young and cold assassin who hates everybody. She has a striking screen presence that takes root in a predominately male movie. Charlie is the damsel-in-distress who is pitiful but so annoying. Wu Jing climbs walls better than Spiderman and that is about it.

I think it is interesting to see this Chinese-western movie (refreshing as at least no bashing of foreigners of sappy romances or slapstick) but no need to buy it or see it repeatedly. I think once is enough.
    Cyril Connolly

I just saw Mr. & Mrs. Incredible. That was such a cute movie. It had me laughing and smiling all the way through. I liked it that they didn't go for the obvious plotline in some of the story. It was refreshing. I also found myself really liking Louis Koo. I hadn't seen him in anything before, but he's handsome and has a really charming natural acting style.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I'd just watched Transformers 3 and it was really awesome;it's much better than Transformers 2 and I would give 8/10.Also watched Super 8 and I would give like 7.5/10.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.