Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: THE LEGENDARY SIBLINGS by Gu Long

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

OMG this is sooo xciting......
    bubeng-y do u always stop translating at a xciting place and u stop.......
    but o well.......ill wait patiently 4 the nex post.......hope its soon tho
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Default Thursday Translation

I confess that I'm guilty . I do try to stop at an exciting place for a reason. That way you will come back again the next day to find out what's going on. Here's a short segment, and hopefully I can add some more this afternoon.
    bubeng

Before Jiang Bie He finished his sentence, Jiang Yulang suddenly barged in while clutching his stomach, his face ashen and his body trembling.

“The wine…the wine he brought was laced with poison!” choked Jiang Yulang while pointing at Xiao Yu’er.

Jiang Bie He’s facial expression immediately changed, he turned to Xiao Yu’er and glared at him. With an angry voice he shouted, “We, son and father, received you with open arms, why do you want to harm us? No wonder, you didn’t… didn’t drink a drop of wine, your wine was poisoned!”

The change of event not only was beyond Hua Wuque’s expectation, but even Xiao Yu’er was stunned.

But he quickly understood the situation, and he cursed secretly, “You slime, how deceitful and knifing your ploy…”

Jiang Yulang’s trickery was really superb, the situation changed 180 degrees, now Jiang Bie He didn’t need to stop Hua Wuque from killing Xiao Yu’er, because they now on the same side wanting Xiao Yu’er’s death.

Jiang Bie He took out his sword and scolded, “I treated you as my own child. Who could have guessed that you were after this precious sword that you were willing to poison me… You monster with an animal heart, you ungrateful creature, if..if I let you live, who knows how many people will be the victim of your evil deed. For the happiness of families and the peace in world of Jianghu I have to annihilate you.” After speaking, with a quick movement he aimed at Xiao Yu’er’s chest.

As he made the move to attack, unexpectantly Hua Wuque jumped forward and held Jiang Bie He’s arm gently.

Again Jiang Bie He was shocked at the quickness of that handsome youth, besides that he couldn’t understand why suddenly Hua Wuque would block his attack, didn’t Hua Wuque wanted to kill Xiao Yu’er?

“Young Master Hua, what…what’s going on?” he asked confused.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” replied Hoa Buque. “It’s because I have to kill him with my own hands.”

Suddenly Jiang Yulang screamed and collapsed.

Right away Jiang Bie He clutched his stomach and groaned, he said with a sad smile, “If..if that’s so, you go ahead, I…” before he could finished his sentence he staggered and collapsed into a chair.

The last part made me laughed, it's so theatrical/fake of Jiang Bie He to stagger, looking for a chair to collapsed in, lol. (at least that's how I imagine it )
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Default Thursday Translation: second segment

As promised, here's the second segment of today's translation, enjoy

Hua Wuque sigh, he took out a small porcelain bottle and gave it to Jiang Bie He, “Here are two types of pills, Siau-cu-hiang (goddess incense) and Soh-li-tan (pure virgin pill), you burn one and inhale, while the other one you drink, the combination of these two can detoxify all kinds of poison under the sky. I hope that it would benefit you. I’m sorry that I couldn’t stay any longer.

Even though Hua Wuque was speaking to other people and doing things, but he never left his gaze from Xiao Yu’er. He was tricked once, Xiao Yu’er was able to give him a slip. A mule would never fall into the same pit twice, so Hoa Bueque didn’t fancy of repeating the incidence last time where Xiao Yu’er was able to escape, so he didn’t dare to let down his guard.

It seemed that Xiao Yu’er also realized that this time he could not hope to escape, so he sat down on the bed cross legged. He looked at Hua Buque and laughed, “I have to congratulate you for the fact that I wasn’t killed.”

“That’s right, it’s my luck that you were not killed by somebody else,” replied Hua Buque laughing.

“If other people heard our conversation, they would assume that you’re my wife disguising as a man. The fact that I congratulate you because I didn’t get killed.”

Hua Buque didn’t get riled up, he laughed nonchalantly and replied, “Later when I’ve killed you, they would know that their assumption was dead wrong.”

“Are you dead sure that you could kill me?”

“Even if you wanted to kill yourself, that wouldn’t be possible.”

“Is that so?” Xiao Yu’er asked, raising his eyebrow.

Calmly Hua Buque answered, “With a distance as close as this, just a slight movement of someone’s hand, I would be able to hit the eighteen pressure points (Hiat-to) on both of your arms before that person could complete his movement.

He talked nonchalantly as if he’s chatting about something trivial and easy to do, but Xiao Yu’er believed him, what was said was no empty threat and no boasting matter.

Tie Xinlan was standing outside the window during the conversation, suddenly she vibrated her thin saber till it made a humming sound. She had a pair of saber at first, but one was broken, so there was only one left.

Upon hearing the sound, Xiao Yu’er rolled his eyeballs, suddenly he thought of an idea and he said with a laugh,, “It is not proper for you to kill me here.”

“Any place is fine with me,” replied Buque.

“Do you dare to let me walk outside alone?”

“Why? Do you think you could run away?” asked Hua Wuque smiling.

“Why are you thinking that far? I just want to walk on my own without you carrying me.”

After saying that he jumped off the bed, for a moment he looked at Jiang Bie He and Jiang Yulang. If it were someone else, that person would have exposed the father and son’s pretense.

However, Xiao Yu’er didn’t bother to do that. He knew that it would just be a waste of time and energy. If he could convince Hua Wuque that Jiang Bie He was the vilest and most hypocritical person in the world, still Hua Wuque would want to kill him first, and it would be difficult for him to escape. Furthermore Hua Wuque might not believe him.

Xiao Yu’er stepped outside. The house was an old building where the window was big and low almost like a door. Just one step Xiao Yu’er was outside already. He looked at Tie Xinlan, that young lady was staring at him with her big clear eyes, who knows how many complex and muddled thoughts and emotions going on within her head.

She was still making the saber vibrate till it made a humming sound.

The night wind was blowing gently. Xiao Yu’er continue to walk forward, he didn’t look at Hua Wuque at all, but he was sure that the young man was not too far behind him, he thought there was no use to look behind him.

He walked freely pass Tie Xinlan.

All of a sudden came a flash of the saber movement, Liu-yap-to, the thin saber that Tie Xinlan held, thin as the leaves of the willow tree suddenly came attacking behind Xiao Yu’er.

Naturally Xiao Yu’er knew that the attack was directed to Hua Wuque. Although Hua Wuque’s kungfu was high as the sky he still had to evade the attack. Tie Xinlan’s saber art was counted as high level.

Care to guess what would happen next?

I do try to stop at an exciting place for a reason. That way you will come back again the next day to find out what's going on.
    Oh we are already addicted and far gone - but I have to say it is sort of a masochistic pleasure to have to stop reading at a cliffhanger.

haha i agree with eliza bennett- addicted and far gone + masochism is a good description

hm..haha has tie xinlan succeeded at anything before?? somehow i am skeptical that she will succeed

maybe hua wuque has fallen in love with her and thus she has shock value

Quote Originally Posted by efflix
    hm..haha has tie xinlan succeeded at anything before?? somehow i am skeptical that she will succeed

maybe hua wuque has fallen in love with her and thus she has shock value
    Yeah, I know efflix, has she? Haha. Like father, like daughter, maybe. One thing is she is still 16 (or at most 17 since the story has taken place for a while). Xiao Yu Er for all the intelligence he have, he is still only 14 (maybe 15 by now). So that's like a rare exception. XYE is a bad guy portraying a good guy, lol. He is raised too well to be evil, he uses it to overcome other evils. So I think TXL though fragile and weak in her judgment and "plans", is still young.

Very impressive how HWQ is by the way at such a young age. Hard to imagine if he is this good, just how great his Flower Palace masters are?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubeng
    Care to guess what would happen next?
    Yes, I know exactly what will happen. What will happen is that once again you Bubeng leave a cliffhanger for us. And now is the time we sit back and yearningly wait til the next update. And I know there will be a cliffhanger for the next update too, haha. Unending cycle of: enjoying update, being left at a cliffhanger, eagerly waiting, wanting more, repeat...

I noticed some of us in here are somewhat new (barely posted any messages), so that means this thread to us is the main attraction of this forum. So there is no need for making us wanting to come back for more, its already a given,

Default sorry

Hi guys,

Sorry, there won't be any translation posting for today
    I rushed to leave for work this morning and in the hurry I forgot my laptop and flashdrive. I will try to post the translation on Sunday instead.
    my apology,
    Bubeng

Default Friday Translation

I manage to get home early and post today's translation, enjoy!

When the flash of the saber came Xiao Yu’er quickly jumped forward. He heard Tie Xinlan shouted, “Catch this…”

It turned out that the half way through the attack suddenly the direction changed, she suddenly threw the Liu-yap-to to Xiao Yu’er. And if that young man could hold a weapon then the incidence of killing himself at Mount Emei last time could be repeated.

Unexpectedly as the saber was in mid air, suddenly there was the sound “ting”, and the saber mysteriously broke into two and fell to the ground.

At that moment all of a sudden Hua Wuque was already behind Xiao Yu’er, and he said calmly as if nothing had happened, “Are you still wanting to walk further away?”

If people didn't know that they were enemy and only heard Hua Wuque's words, people would have thought that they were two good friends going sightseeing. And why not, Hua Wuque was forever courteous, with a smile on his face as if there's no problem between them. In fact, he didn't even glance at Tie Xinlan.

He knew that if he glanced at Tie Xinlan that she would feel embarrass and would have no face to meet him again. In his life Hua Wuque had never hurt the feelings of any women, especially if that woman was Tie Xinlan.

Xiao Yu'er groaned inwardly, he had no choice but to continue walking forward.

Just a few steps, suddenly he spoke exasperatedly, “It seems that you're very kind toward the girls.”

“Yes, that is my habit since I was little,” answered Wuque with a laugh, “It's a hard thing to change a habit, isn't it?”

“But if it's a girl with an ugly face, then what?”

“Just as long it's a girl, beautiful face or ugly, I think I will treat them just the same.”

“Haha, I would like to find a girl with a very ugly face, bald, covered with boils, flat nose, with a cleft lip, lame, and.. and.. rough skin..... Now, I'm interested to see how you would treat her courteously.”

“Oh, too bad most likely you wouldn't have that opportunity,” replied Hua Wuque.

Suddenly Xiao Yu'er sigh and said, “It's amazing and hard to imagine how you could think of killing someone yet without feeling nervous or worried you still could joke and chit chat with the person, that's really hard to imagine.

“To kill and to chit chat ...”

“are two separate things, isn't that what you mean?”

“That right. I myself would love to talk and exchange ideas with you, but the orders I have received dictate me to kill you. Therefore two are two separate things and not related.”

“I still don't understand; how you could separate those two things?”

“It's what I'm taught since I was small.”

“Wow, you are really a good and obedient child.”

Hua Wuque laughed and continued talking, “Are you still wanting to walk further?”

“Yes, actually I would like to keep on walking, in fact to walk as far as possible,” replied Xiao Yu'er with a dry smile. “But since you are the one who wanted to kill me not the other way round, you don't need to ask what I want.”

“Oh, in that case....in that case, let's stop here,” said Hua Wuque softly and a little uneasy.

Xiao Yu'er looked around him, under the twinkling stars, one saw the big silhouette of Mount Ku-san afar, the leaves on the trees were starting to wilt and shed. It's late at night during fall season.

Xiao Yu'er muttered, “It's so strange, it's autumn in Jiang Nan province, how could it be possible that I, Jiang Yu, Jiang Yu'er has to die so soon at such a young age?...”

Have a great weekend guys, see you on Monday
    Bubeng
    Last edited by Bubeng; 11-21-05 at 01:40 AM.

Default Mon Translation

There's a change of scene here. The story now revert back to Jiang Bie He's residence.

After Hua Wuque and the other two went far away Jiang Yulang jumped up.

Jiang Bie He also got up, he looked at his son and with a laugh he said, “I didn't expect you to come up with a strategy that's much better than mine, in time of crisis.”

Jiang Yulang looked down and answered, “How could the son be compared to the father. Your son only....”

“In front of your father you don't need to find excuses,” replied Jiang Bie He. “If you are really smarter and wiser than me, I would also be thankful, why would I want to have any ill intention toward you?”

Yulang looked down and nodded in agreement.

Jiang Bie He felt for the small porcelain bottle given by Hua Wuque, and said while knitting his brows, “Xian Zi Xiang and Su Nu Dan... how unexpectedly to find out that young man Hua is a disciple of the floral palace. With the appearance of that young man in Wulin, I have to be more cautious."

"Even though his kungfu is very good, but he doesn't seem to comprehend the intricacies of life, so why worry about him? spoke Yulang.

"That person might seem to be green and stupid, but actually he's very sharp, how could you understand his real personality?" said Jiang Bie He thoughtfully.

"Miss Tie seemed to be like a smart person, but turned out to be rather dumb just like you said, Father," said Yulang with a laugh. "Only... like what she said, did her dad actually ever come here? For sure you didn't kill him?"

Jiang Bie He scoffed, "Even though I have never seen Tie Zhan, the Raging Lion, but a young girl like Miss Tie has the habit of not telling lies."

"If she wasn't lying and you have never seen The Raging Lion, Tie Zhan, how come Miss Tie came to our place looking for her dad?" asked Yulang creasing his forehead.

"That means that the Raging Lion, Tie Zhan, did place a secret code here, and it's possible that he came here in disguise and I was too careless that I didn't see through the disguise."

"But...., but that young girl said that after her father came to our place, he never left this place," said Jiang Yulang.

"That's right, I imagine that it is possible that he is still here," replied Jiang Bie He calmly.

"Still here?" clarified Yulang surprised.

Jiang Bie He snorted then stood up, he then said coldly, "Don't you forget that besides you and me, father and son, there is still another person."

"Hah, does Father mean that deaf and mute old man?" exclaimed Yulang.

"What deaf and mute? Can't someone pretend to be deaf and mute?"

"But...but Father, you had tested him by creeping behind him and suddenly sounding the big gong right by his ear and it was obvious that he didn't hear that awful racket from the gong, in fact he didn't even blink."

"A person that has a strong inner strength even if a mountain slides in front of his eyes wouldn't panic, let alone blinked."

Right away Jiang Yulang said lowering his voice, "Does Father know where he is right at this moment? Maybe he's long disappeared."

But Jiang Bie He spoke louder on purpose and said with a menacing voice, "He thought that I did not suspect him, therefore he is still here right now. Soon we will confront him and we will kill him without giving him any chances to talk. It is better to kill one hundred people than to let one spy escape. Mark my word!"

Jiang Yulang spoke in a low voice fearing that other people might overhear their conversation, but his father on the contrary purposefully spoke out loudly causing him to be surprised and puzzled. If the old man was really pretending to be deaf and mute wouldn't he try to escape upon hearing what his father said? But after rethinking the situation, he understood his father's reasoning. He thought, “It's possible that Father is aware that the deaf and mute grandpa is around, so he spoke out loudly on purpose. If he ran away scared, that proves that he is truly The Raging Lion, Tie Zhan, and it would not be too late to chase after him.”

At the same time Jiang Bie He moved toward the door and “bang!”, suddenly he pushed at the door with force.

Anybody care to gues if that deaf and mute grandpa was really Tie Xinlan's dad?

Someone mentioned that this is the end of chapter 39 in the Viet translation. Can anybody verify whether this is true with the original Chinese book?
    bubeng

yep, end of chapter 39.

Strip! Strip! Strip!

Quote Originally Posted by chowbeng
    yep, end of chapter 39.

Strip! Strip! Strip!
    unless I missed some comments... that was very very random

and bubeng good job on the translating!

yeah, i think its txl dad all right.

Someone mentioned that this is the end of chapter 39 in the Viet translation. Can anybody verify whether this is true with the original Chinese book?
    bubeng
    Yeah, that's the end of Chap 39 of the Chinese text. The Legendary Siblings is now 30.71% done; 69.29% (or 88 chapters) more to go.

HYS
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Default Tue Translation

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    Yeah, that's the end of Chap 39 of the Chinese text. The Legendary Siblings is now 30.71% done; 69.29% (or 88 chapters) more to go.

HYS
    That's all? Only 30.71%? Luckily someone else volunteers to take over so I will have a break in 2 or 3 days.

Thanks Yang Guo and Chowbeng for verivying the end of the chapter.

And now to Chapter 40:

Chapter 40

Outside at the end of the long porch there was a small room, inside was a flame, a fire coming from a little stove. That deaf and mute grandpa was squatting by the stove watching water to boil.

The grandpa squatted, not moving a muscle, he looked calm and undisturbed waiting for the water to boil.

All his life he was used to “waiting” and who knew how long he would be “waiting” still?

Regarding the art of “waiting” naturally he knew much better than the younger people. Even though he realized that people his age were either dead or did not care to wait anymore since there's nothing that they look forward to.

Jiang Bie He at that moment was not too far behind that weak old grandpa, suddenly he shouted menacingly, “Great, your disguise was perfect, yet in the end still you're found out. Now surrender your life!”

After saying that as quick as a flash he leaped and his palm triked toward the skull of the grandpa.

As if oblivious to any danger, the old man looked up and smiled toward the master and pointed to the pot of water that was boiling, his gesture was saying, “The water is boiling, soon I will serve you some tea.”

Jiang Bie He lowered his hand slowly onto the old man's shoulder. Regardless what, he was still unsure at the last moment. If the old man had heard a little bit of what he said, it would be impossible for him to smile and act so calm and natural.

Obviously Jiang Bie He wasn't aware that there were several people at times would smile calmly and naturally even when facing death.

Such a person is rare, one of those people was Xiao Yu'er....

It seems that the author did not give a definite yes, that it was Tie Xinlan's dad, but most likely it was, depending on what Gulong would decide later one.
    Last edited by Bubeng; 11-21-05 at 10:00 PM.

Obviously Jiang Bie He wasn't aware that there were several people at times would smile calmly and naturally even when facing death...Such a person is rare, one of those people was Xiao Yu'er....
    If that was indeed TXL dad, I would not be surprised. Raging Lion is part of the Ten Evils. I get the feeling all the ten evils are great at disguises. He is not some amateur "evil", if not he would be long dead already. Some of Raging Lion comrades did their evil work on the great Yan Nan Tian back in the early chapters. So we know what they are capable of.

I think based on martial arts, the Evils might not fair well in wulin. For sure they are no match for Yan Nan Tian. But intelligence wise, the Evils had that big time. And we all see that now displayed fully through Xiao Yu Er.

Default Wed Translation

Hi Felix, I guess people will be stuck with me translating for a little while . I thought I would get out of translating this part, it's kind of boring. Maybe we should skip it and jump to a more interesting part, what do you think?

In the mean time, here's the translation for today:

The stars were twinkling, shining dimly on Hua Wuque's fair, handsome and flawless face.
    A prince that treated every woman in the world so gentile has to have a face like Hua Wuque, the model of the most perfect man under the sky.

While observing his opponent, Xiao Yu’er laughed suddenly and said, “Do you know that your name ‘Wuque’ fits you very well, because you certainly don’t lack anything, no flaw…you come from a place that’s honored by the realm of jianghu, whose name is well known and respected. You are young and handsome, all your needs are met, no worries of not having enough money. Your kungfu could make all people in Jianghu obey and respect you. Your good look, and your congenial personality make all women swoon at your feet. Despite all these, you are still pure and clean, in fact nobody could say any bad words about you even behind your back.

Xiaou Yu’er shook his head and added on with a laugh, “If there’s a perfect person in this world, without any flaw, that person is you.”

“Thank you very much for your praises,” replied Hua Wuque with a smile.

“However, all of a sudden I found out now that you do lack something,” continued Xiao Yu’er softly.

“Oh, what is that?” asked Hua Wuque disinterestedly.

“Feelings!” answered Xiao Yu’er. “You are lacking feelings, yes feelings. From the top of your head to the tip of your toes I’ve observed that you are lacking on the area of feelings, you are right now a perfect human minus the feelings. You probably have cold blood running through you veins also.”

“Oh, is that so?” Hua Wuque only gave a dry smile.

“Naturally you are not willing to accept my analysis, correct?” asked Xiao Yu’er. “Good, now try to answer, do you really understand the meaning of love? Do you know what is hatred or grudge? Have you ever love or feel hatred?”

While walking forward he continued, “I'm confident that you've never feel even frustration nor worries. For example, sickness, getting old, poorness, disappointment, sadness, embarrassment, anger... all these are suffering that can't be avoided by common people, but you don't know all these, not one of them have you experienced, none of these are in you dictionary of life. For someone who doesn't know what is suffering, how could he understand what is happiness?”

After letting out a sigh, slowly Xiao Yu'er continued on, “If you have never loved someone seriously or hated someone, you won't have any problem, you won't know any suffering, and you won't know what is happiness... other people might admire you, but I on the contrary think that people like you have nothing to live for.
    Hua Wuque was quiet for a while, he was still calm as before without showing much expression, he only gave a dry smile and said, “Maybe what you said was correct, probably it was the environment where I grew up made me like this.”

“That's right,” said Xiao Yu'er with a bitter smile, “Only Floral Palace can create a man like you, making you like a mannequin, a life mannequin. Although you are always well mannered toward anybody, but inside your heart you never felt that they deserved to be respected, although you are always gentle toward every woman, but you never really like them.”

He then gave a long sigh, and continued on, “If you were to kill someone, inside your heart you are not sure that the person deserves to die.”

“Yes, all of that are regrettable,” said Hua Wuque.

“Very well, I'm done my talking, you can do your job now,” finally Xiao Yu'er said, tilting his head up and let out a laugh. “I'm interested to know how many strokes you will need to kill me.”

How do you think Xiao Yu'er will get out from getting killed right now?
    Last edited by Bubeng; 11-24-05 at 07:20 PM.

I thought I would get out of translating this part, it's kind of boring.
    That's one of the reasons why I don't do Gu Long, despite having had such requests. GL just goes on and on and on.... I don't have the patience needed to plough through his works, so to all those valiant Gu Long translators out there, including Bubeng, Athena, Bliss, Wubbles, JadedWener, fastclock (to name a few), my most sincere admirations!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Wow, from the dialogue it really seems like Xiao Yu'er is ready to meet his end!!

I have no idea how he's going to get out of this - maybe he can do some talking and distract hua wuque?

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    That's one of the reasons why I don't do Gu Long, despite having had such requests. GL just goes on and on and on.... I don't have the patience needed to plough through his works, so to all those valiant Gu Long translators out there, including Bubeng, Athena, Bliss, Wubbles, JadedWener, fastclock (to name a few), my most sincere admirations!

HYS, you have no compassion