Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there is life after death? And if so, can we prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    well i find the concept of reincarnation pretty interesting. That means i could've been a girl my previous life.
    Why? Are you girly in your present life?

Sometimes I suspect I was a dog in my previous life. No idea why, but I just think so.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    You haven't given me anything new.

The problem with accepting some scientific facts is that it kill the joy of believing in false hope. It's like if I give you antibiotics for a common cold, you will feel all better and attribute it to that wonderful drug. Give me that I will complain that it made my stomach upset if I do take it, but more likely I will not be complaint in the first place.
    Well yes, nothing new. If there's something new, it's a religious gimmick. So no, nothing new. It's simply believing and faith. Oh yes, wisdom is strongly connected to faith. Reading the bible without understanding/wisdom, which is a common mistake made by non-believers, is within my expectation. I had approach the bible the way you do, until I decided to give it a chance and opened to it. And, now I know, the words in there don't contradict nor is it misterpreted when I approach them with wisdom. (And, that is a walk, I can only show you the way this much but can't walk with you.)

You're giving me nothing new either. You're simply finding and giving all the "nos", which clearly proves you're being an anti- (I don't have to be a faithful Christian to tell that). It's not from a single word that i conclude that, it''s your "behaviour". For a realistic believer, albeit rather disobedient, I don't usually waste time to "promote" something, until it's your time to go through it.

Before I became a believer, behaving just like you, I would find reasons from the world just to say "No" to the religion.

The bible has a lot of misinterpreted morals. It's conservative, it rejects the minority and conformist happy, despite what it says about accepting everyone. People who haven't read the bible or koran or whatever aren't lacking in morals, so it just goes to show how rigid you end up relying on just one book.
    Rejects the minority? Like? How liberal do you expect the bible to be, anyway? Certainly, a law is there, there are do-s and don't-s. If everything is a yes, does the world not go haywire? I would call, the bible a book of strict laws to follow. There are also some tests for one's faith.

Promise of afterlife is the biggest problem. So what, you won't pray to God/Jesus/Allah or believe in him, if there is no heaven or virgins waiting for you? Why must there be a cookie at the end?
    So, why did you study so hard for so many years? Why don't you just study, graduate and sit at home? It's like there's a start of life, then an end. For Christians, it's heaven where we'll end. For Christian who had sinned, they'll receive the necessary. besides, after that many of studies, aren't you afraid that you can't find a job or something? You give it a shot, a go, no?

As I have mentioned, this time-being (years of living) is a test of faith, trust and believe. During this journey, you'll meet challenges to test your faith, and that's where devil will enter and mess with you.

It's just like an advertisement ploy, except better because you believe you will get the rewards, but no one has seen the company hand them out. In order to attract costumers, it's completely free. Jesus went one step further, hey why work so hard to get our reward, he took all the customers away by promising same reward, courtesy of his father, but just pray to him. Protestants made it even easier, you don't have to purge yourself every week, you can do it in the convenience of your own home. Explain to me the morals of 'selling' a product that isn't guaranteed nor evidenced based to unsuspecting 'souls' and give them false hope in order to make them behave better.
    No, 'that's such a wrong and rude comparism (and concept). Such approach is as bad as a christian telling in a non-believer's face "You're going to hell".

Oh, I'm a realist, really. I do fine without anti-biotics when I fall sick, and it has been that way. I like to hear the truth and reasoning for the worldly things. I draw a clear line between the spiritual realm and the world.

The test of patience for waiting for a result
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 06-20-09 at 12:26 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Why? Are you girly in your present life?

Sometimes I suspect I was a dog in my previous life. No idea why, but I just think so.
    hmmmmm... I just thought it's interesting if reincarnation was true. guys could have been girls, girls could have been guys. the person you're dating now could have been your mother in a previous life time.

hmmmmm... I just thought it's interesting if reincarnation was true. guys could have been girls, girls could have been guys. the person you're dating now could have been your mother in a previous life time.
    That's a good one!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    That's a good one!
    yeah that would make a good series eh?

Lifetime #1 : You are a guy and you have a great mother. The bond between you and your mother is tight.

Lifetime #2: You are still a guy and your current girlfriend used to be your mother in your previous life

Lifetime #3: You now have boobs (i.e. you are a girl now). Your current boyfriend used to be your girlfriend in the previous life

Good drama eh? "Reincarnation Generations" coming soon to a DVD store near you.
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-19-09 at 10:47 PM.

Lifetime #1 : You are a guy and you have a great mother. The bond between you and your mother is tight.

Lifetime #2: You are still a guy and your current girlfriend used to be your mother in your previous life

Lifetime #3: You now have boobs (i.e. you are a girl now). Your current boyfriend used to be your girlfriend in the previous life

I've actually heard of this theory before, that a father is his daughter's lover in the previous life, and a mother is the son's lover in the previous life. It's also used to theorise why dads tend to love their daughters more while moms love their sons more.

I actually have heard about this before... My mom always tells me that twins of the opposite sex were lovers in the last life that were not allowed to be together in that life. Therefore, they want to stay together so they reincarnated to be twins... Gosh, isn't that freaky? I always read about these soul called psychic stories that say that you have karmic ties with people you are with or have connections with in this life.

Yea, what if you were a girl in your last life Ghaleon? Ha.. ha...
    Last edited by Trinie; 06-20-09 at 02:29 AM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I actually have heard about this before... My mom always tells me that twins of the opposite sex were lovers in the last life that were not allowed to be together in that life. Therefore, they want to stay together so they reincarnated to be twins... Gosh, isn't that freaky? I always read about these soul called psychic stories that say that you have karmic ties with people you are with or have connections with in this life.
    That's interesting! Haven't heard of it before though!

Trinie, you have a style for jokes, huh? Nice one!

I have no idea if there is life after death, but I'm fairly confident that there is death after life.

since the number of beings is constant, and there are more and more human beings, that means that there are fewer and fewer non-human beings. i think that human is a "higher" being than fly. in other words, according to karma, these non-human beings are doing more and more good? if the number of humans keeps increasing, does that mean that one day there will be no more non-humans?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    since the number of beings is constant, and there are more and more human beings, that means that there are fewer and fewer non-human beings. i think that human is a "higher" being than fly. in other words, according to karma, these non-human beings are doing more and more good? if the number of humans keeps increasing, does that mean that one day there will be no more non-humans?
    Non-humans don't seem to have 'good' or 'bad' karma. If you look at it, animal and insect behaviour are quite constant, and nearly never does anything malicious on purpose. But human beings who are much more complex, is the exact opposite so we accumulate the karma.

And if the theory is to be believed, humans get reborn as animals and insects to atone for their sins during their human lives.

Don't underestimate the power of humans anyway... we are really, really good at killing each other. So there, we are filling up the spaces of non-humans too.

so i had boobs in my previous life? lol.
    Maybe you were a guy in your previous life?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I have no idea if there is life after death, but I'm fairly confident that there is death after life.
    how about life before birth?
    Last edited by Ghaleon; 06-20-09 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    That's interesting! Haven't heard of it before though!

Trinie, you have a style for jokes, huh? Nice one!
    I only knew about it because my mom told me. She said that she actually knew a pair of twins that that has happened to. She said that the girl twin got married and the guy twin was so sad that his "sister" got married so he died... Basically, my mom claims that he died of a broken heart. THat sounds strange and silly to me but who really knows???

Yea, I am trying to get back at Ghaleon since he always teases me...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

how about life before birth?
    Maybe I was a guy in my previous Ghaleon... You never know... You could have been a girl in your last life...

Maybe I was a guy in my previous Ghaleon... You never know... You could have been a girl in your last life...
    And you two were married in the previous life....

And you two were married in the previous life....
    What gave you that idea?? Honestly, I heard that if two people were married in another life, it means that there is a good chance that they will end up together again in this life. Not sure how true that is though...

Honestly, I heard that if two people were married in another life, it means that there is a good chance that they will end up together again in this life. Not sure how true that is though...
    Isn't that very boring then? You essentially ends up being with the same person over and over again.

Suppose that there is rebirth but we do not know. (E.g. I do not know who I was in the previous life). Can we put a stop to rebirth in this life other than say you reach "Buddhahood"? E.g. tell yourself that what karma you have let's settle once and for all in this life. Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Suppose that there is rebirth but we do not know. (E.g. I do not know who I was in the previous life). Can we put a stop to rebirth in this life other than say you reach "Buddhahood"? E.g. tell yourself that what karma you have let's settle once and for all in this life. Possible?
    Get your soul destroyed then it will stop. So start sinning now.

Get your soul destroyed then it will stop. So start sinning now.
    ok, will be good.