Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB Released VCD/DVD Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    The Luk Siu Fung Series is probably the first reason why I want these 70 stuff remastered on DVD after seeing clips on Youtube.com. There are VCD versions but I'm holding back as hopefully, we'll see DVDs soon. I use to buy VCD TVB series so not gonna make same mistake again.

Adam Cheng's HSDS was also decent but his 'Book & Sword' put me to sleep after 10 eps or so. 'The Twins' is one of them series which I never got to see from the 70s. Ah, the great Wong Yuen Sun, I loved his RTV/ATV series (still have them on the old VHS) but never really got to see his TVB stuff, which again is another reason why I want these on DVD soon.
    Yeah I refuse to watch clips on Youtube cause I know I will watch LSF someday. I spent so much money on VCD's cause I never thought there will be DVD's. Like u said, I will never make that mistake again.

haha yeah I heard Book and Sword was a snoozer, but Yu On On looks pretty damn good swimming in that lake
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Speaking from a cultural rather than a commercial point of view, the 1970s and 1980s series should get first priority. The 1990s and 2000s material is still easily available through regular commercial channels. The 1970s and 1980s stuff...not so much.

As a matter of preserving its history and heritage, TVB ought to get those 1970s and 1980s works out on the market first.

I have seen a number of the 70s series and some are pretty good, but I didn't like the 70s version of XLFD though. However, in order to be fair, I think it is ok to have a combination of 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000 series out because a number of the 90s and 2000 series are actually pretty good too(it's just that a smaller number of them are compared to the 70s and 80s). I just hope that they will be uncut and have good quality for a decent price. But then again, it doesn't matter what we want since it isn't up to us anyways...

About Yu On On, I thought she looked WAY prettier in the Reincarnated I rather than Book and Sword. She was very beautiful in Reincarnated. My mom could not stop complimenting how pretty she looked in that series.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

While I remember, I might as well share this here if nobody knows. If you have the HK Modern Media version, you might find a 'secret' menu on the last disk. On the DVD menu, press 'up' button on your remote control and you would go to the special soundtrack/OST menu with all the LOCH songs. Took me ages to figure that out for some reason.
    Dude I tried it and it didn't work. Are you sure it's the last disk?
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    Dude I tried it and it didn't work. Are you sure it's the last disk?
    I forgot to mention that its probably only available on one version of the DVD boxsets. Aparrently, there is like 3-4 HK Modern Media versions and Im guessing the one I got is the one with the OST.

This is the one I got which was posted earlier in the thread
    http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=27386

I noticed some others here also have this version and had trouble finding the OST menu because it doesn't appear accessible at all on any of the disk menus. The box cover and the disk clear says 'Special Making + OST' but it took me forever to find it until I came across that link.

The set I have looks different then the set posted in the link. The link shows the 2 disk overflapping thing, but my set has one disk per page.

Did the OST have the songs from the show or did they have the instrumental music too?

Did the OST have the songs from the show or did they have the instrumental music too?
    I haven't really played all the songs on the menu (only 1 or 2 just to test it out). But if you check this link, scroll down to the bottom and you can see the actual screenshot of the OST menu. Theres about 3 Menus and full of LOCH songs. Although the LOCH DVD have it's flaws, this OST feature made up for it. How greats that.
    http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=27606

Quote Originally Posted by Maz999 View Post
    I haven't really played all the songs on the menu (only 1 or 2 just to test it out). But if you check this link, scroll down to the bottom and you can see the actual screenshot of the OST menu. Theres about 3 Menus and full of LOCH songs. Although the LOCH DVD have it's flaws, this OST feature made up for it. How greats that.
    http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=27606
    Thanks for the link. It looks like the first 12 songs are theme and subsongs from the show and then last 6 are other Roman Tam and Jenny Tseng songs.

Thanks for the link. It looks like the first 12 songs are theme and subsongs from the show and then last 6 are other Roman Tam and Jenny Tseng songs.
    I think you have this version. The OST is on the first disc.

http://www.dvdspring.com/Article_Sho...rticleID=27006

Nope, this is the version I have. I tried the 1st and last disk already. No luck. I don't think my set has it. It's okay though, I already have the OST on CD. I was hoping it had the instrumental music.

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    Received my LOCH!!!! Here are some pictures:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/bettybl/loch4.jpg')

LOL! I was wondering why Nat's room is so girlie. Pictures from someone else's DVD collection. For a moment there, I thought he had something in common with DongFang Bu Bai.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    LOL! I was wondering why Nat's room is so girlie. Pictures from someone else's DVD collection. For a moment there, I thought he had something in common with DongFang Bu Bai.
    Hey you dissing my cushion i have there?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    About Yu On On, I thought she looked WAY prettier in the Reincarnated I rather than Book and Sword. She was very beautiful in Reincarnated. My mom could not stop complimenting how pretty she looked in that series.
    SPOILERS in this paragraph!
    I was so pissd at the end of of Reincarnated when Wong Fei Yeung just walked away, after all that Heung Kwan did for him!!!!!

Yu On-On alone is worth the purchase price of any series. But Yu On-On playing the most beautiful character in the Jin Yong world - getting to wear the most beautiful clothes and getting to act really sweet - (DROOL!!!) Plus Book & Sword is suppose to be a classic (it being one of the first series TVB released on VCD). I heard all the other adaptations of Book & Sword were suppose to be pretty bad and this is the adaptation to watch.

I agree! I was disappointed as well.... I can't believe that he still couldn't grow to love her....You seem to be a big fan of Yu On On. I thought that she was long retired but she is STILL acting!! It is great to see a veteran actress like her still acting.

About Book and Sword, actually I didn't think the 80s version was that bad. I actually really liked it. THe 70s was ok but wasn't my favorite adaption either...THat's just my opinion though.... I guess a lot of people didn't like Nelsen Pang in the 80s version.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by wargods View Post
    The Justice of Life (1989)
    http://us.yesasia.com/b5/PrdDept.asp...id-1004936433/

Point of No Return (2003)
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004936431/

Notice these dvds are produced by Taiseng, and Global Yesasia still has yet to put up the links for Modern Audio's version on to the site....weird.
    Not just those series, I thought I saw a number of other TVB series produced by Tai Seng on the US Yesasia site but there was never a HK Modern Audio version on the Global Site at all. This might probably be the same for these 2 series here... there might not be a HK Modern Audio version...

I agree! I was disappointed as well.... I can't believe that he still couldn't grow to love her....You seem to be a big fan of Yu On On. I thought that she was long retired but she is STILL acting!! It is great to see a veteran actress like her still acting.

About Book and Sword, actually I didn't think the 80s version was that bad. I actually really liked it. THe 70s was ok but wasn't my favorite adaption either...THat's just my opinion though.... I guess a lot of people didn't like Nelsen Pang in the 80s version.

I think I first watched Reincarnated on my grandmother's old VHS tapes when I was 8. Yu On-On was like Sun Seen Jie Jie to me at the time (borrowing a description from Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils , although I was nowhere near as excessive as Duan Yu was ). She was so unbelievably beautiful. Having rewatched Reincarnated recently, the childhood admiration has been rekindled. IMHO only maybe Angie Chiu came close to Yu On-On's elegant look in ancient costume.

Trinie do you know if she did any modern day serials besides Chen Zhen and Fatherland? Just curious, cause it seemed like all she did was ancient serials for ATV and Book and Sword for TVB.

Never watched Book and Sword 1986. Nelson Pang actually looks like he has the physical skills, but everytime I see him I remember his character in "Herald of Good Fortune" (cantonese title: Chun Mung Gut with Deric Wan, Kathy Chow, Margie Tsang, and Hugo Ng). That's not exactly Dai Hup material.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywu View Post
    Trinie do you know if she did any modern day serials besides Chen Zhen and Fatherland? Just curious, cause it seemed like all she did was ancient serials for ATV and Book and Sword for TVB.

Never watched Book and Sword 1986. Nelson Pang actually looks like he has the physical skills, but everytime I see him I remember his character in "Herald of Good Fortune" (cantonese title: Chun Mung Gut with Deric Wan, Kathy Chow, Margie Tsang, and Hugo Ng). That's not exactly Dai Hup material.
    It's called The Legend of Master Chan. Yu On On also did a short series with TVB. It's called "Crooks' Don't Win" (千外有千) with Kenneth Tsang and Deric Wan. It's 5eps long. She also filmed "Teenager" (少年十五二十時) before Book and Sword. It is actually a popular series back then, but it is very hard to find.

To BobbyWu,
    I always thought Angie is one the most beautiful actresses ever, especially in ancient costume. I first saw reincarnated part 1 way back then when it showed on TV. I hardly remembered since I was way too young. I think Miu Ke Sau looked great too...
    TO tell you the truth, I never liked modern series at all until recently. Therefore, I hardly saw any modern series back then so I can't answer your question. I only saw the classics like the Bund, Shell Game and some others. I still love ancient series the most and maybe some modern Taiwanese ones and that's it... Are you following YU On On's recent new series that she is in??

The 80s version of Book and Sword was pretty good. Nelson Pang actually did a good job in my opinion, so I don't understand why others did not like him... That was his first leading role and he did a good job. Fiona wasn't bad as Princess Xiang Xiang either.
    Last edited by Trinie; 07-23-07 at 10:03 PM.

To BobbyWu,
    I always thought Angie is one the most beautiful actresses ever, especially in ancient costume. I first saw reincarnated part 1 way back then when it showed on TV. I hardly remembered since I was way too young. I think Miu Ke Sau looked great too...
    TO tell you the truth, I never liked modern series at all until recently. Therefore, I hardly saw any modern series back then so I can't answer your question. I only saw the classics like the Bund, Shell Game and some others. I still love ancient series the most and maybe some modern Taiwanese ones and that's it... Are you following YU On On's recent new series that she is in??

The 80s version of Book and Sword was pretty good. Nelson Pang actually did a good job in my opinion, so I don't understand why others did not like him... That was his first leading role and he did a good job. Fiona wasn't bad as Princess Xiang Xiang either.
    I actually thought Nelson did bad. I remember watching the series and couldn't comment how bad the acting was. The only saving grace in the whole series was the great acting of Simon Yam as Qian Long. Come to think of it, Jacqueline wasn't bad either since that was her first series.

I hated all Princess Fragrance character. Got nothing to do with Fiona, I like her actually, but I never like Princess Fragrance in any of the version whether HK, TW, or China, probably because I love the older sister more.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    I actually thought Nelson did bad. I remember watching the series and couldn't comment how bad the acting was. The only saving grace in the whole series was the great acting of Simon Yam as Qian Long. Come to think of it, Jacqueline wasn't bad either since that was her first series.

I hated all Princess Fragrance character. Got nothing to do with Fiona, I like her actually, but I never like Princess Fragrance in any of the version whether HK, TW, or China, probably because I love the older sister more.
    Yeah, I didn't like Nelson Pang either. He seem really stiff to me and didn't have the face of a leader at all. Simon Yam okay in that role. But the person I really noticed is Liu Kai Chi in the role of the 7th brother, the Zhuge Liang of the the Red Flower Society. I still couldn't understand how they tried, and tried to rescue Shek Sau and failed over and over. I mean the whole series seem to be about their fail and near-successful attempt of saving him then for some reason or other, failing yet again. Probably not the best adaptation to go with.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.