Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I don't think that episode will come. From what I remember, it drags and drags, and drags some more until the end.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I find the idea of getting back together just to break up completely really really weird.
    I think I want to skip to the last episode. But I'm taking a break and watching other stuff.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

finished watching SKKS and now watching My Girlfriend is GUmiho

Watching Marry Me, Mary (previously Mary Stayed Out All Night) and I like this fluffy, cotton candy romcom.

Also will be taking a peek at Secret Garden today, Ha Ji Won is always my preferred K-actress.

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Also will be taking a peek at Secret Garden today, Ha Ji Won is always my preferred K-actress.
    I watched the first 2 episodes. Looked pretty promising. Ha Ji Won is always gold. She can shine as the handsome tomboy or a sexy diva. Though I haven't really seen her in too many comedies, and given that Hyun Bin's character is such a whack, I wonder if she'll be able to bring out the comedic chops as well as he does once they switch bodies.

Default Great King Sejong

I have sort of been watching this for the last month.

Choongnyeong is exiled and attempts are being made to bring him back. I tell you, he is such a boring character so far. The crown prince, the mother, the father and others are so interesting. Great acting so far. The actor must be 40 and he is supposed to a young boy.... Oh alright I have good imagination. But somehow delivering a good character without being boring is not happening here. Hope it gets better soon.

Can I have some spoilers? The beggar girl turned maid is going to be his concubine, when does that happen? He is so lovey dovey with his wife. Is she going to be the manipulative misshil? I saw a king Sejong in the Queen Song Deuk thread.

Currently watching "All My Love", a sitcom starring BEG's Ga-in and 2AM's Jo Kwon.

Very amusing and interesting!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

following "Marry Me, Mery" every week and now watching Family's Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    I watched the first 2 episodes. Looked pretty promising. Ha Ji Won is always gold. She can shine as the handsome tomboy or a sexy diva. Though I haven't really seen her in too many comedies, and given that Hyun Bin's character is such a whack, I wonder if she'll be able to bring out the comedic chops as well as he does once they switch bodies.
    You're right abt Ha Ji Won. Her TV projects are always promising - What Happened in Bali, Hwang Jin I. Hyun Bin look so thin, wonder what happened to him.

OMG! I didn't get what you were saying until now. I love Secret Garden so much already and I've only seen the first episode. Hyun Bin's character is so hilariously funny in his such eccentric and arrogant ways its just so funny. I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much in the 1st episode of a comedy drama. He's just so funny. And Ha Ji Won is super cool in all those stunt scenes and that bike scene was awesome. I find it so funny that Hyun Bin's character is afraid of elevators and confined spaces. He's such a weird person that when Ha Ji Won scrunches her eyebrows when she's asleep, he would try to smooth it. There's so many good scenes in just this first episode. Love his reaction to HJW's speed driving. I couldn't stop laughing.

EDIT - I don't think Hyun Bin has gotten much thinner. I think it's his hairstyle that shapes his face, but other than that I think he's always been a slim looking guy. I think his English speaking skills has gotten a better since his My Lovely Sam Soon days. I love the OST in Secret Garden. So far all the songs and music played in the background has been appealing to my ears. Oska is a funny guy too. I can't believe that actor knows hows to sing, I wonder if he sung for this drama for real or was he lipsyncing. It's just that his profile says he's a singer and actor too. The more I watch the interaction between Joo Won and Ra Im, the more I see Mr. Darcy and Eliza Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. Joo Won is acting like a totally mad stalker taking pictures of Ra Im's pictures. Hahaha...totally falling for her.

I love Mary Stayed Out All Night too. It has a great cast too. I'm glad Mae Ri is not like Go Mi Nyu/Nam in You're beautiful. I think I like her better than Go Mi Nam. She's a innocent girl and inexperience in love, but she's still a brave and courageous girl who deals with things independently. She's not afraid of speaking up for herself or standing up to Kim Jae Wook's father in the drama. That's why I like her better than Go Mi Nam. Jang Geun Suk and Kim Jae Wook, what more can I ask for in a drama. Moon Geun Young is a good actress too. I like the actor who plays Mae Ri's dad. Haha he's always funny when he's on screen. I love the Karaoke scene where he follows them two to the Karaoke place and says JGS is a chick magnet when he's singing. Hahaha love it!

These two dramas keep me up at night and waiting for the next episodes. So good!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-08-10 at 05:16 AM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    OMG! I didn't get what you were saying until now. I love Secret Garden so much already and I've only seen the first episode. Hyun Bin's character is so hilariously funny in his such eccentric and arrogant ways its just so funny. I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much in the 1st episode of a comedy drama. He's just so funny. And Ha Ji Won is super cool in all those stunt scenes and that bike scene was awesome. I find it so funny that Hyun Bin's character is afraid of elevators and confined spaces. He's such a weird person that when Ha Ji Won scrunches her eyebrows when she's asleep, he would try to smooth it. There's so many good scenes in just this first episode. Love his reaction to HJW's speed driving. I couldn't stop laughing.
    The only thing going for that drama right now are the actors (Hyun Bin, Ha Ji Won, Yoon Sang Hyun). The little antics and banters are pretty hilarious, too. But as far as story and plot, it's been taking a stall.

The only thing going for that drama right now are the actors (Hyun Bin, Ha Ji Won, Yoon Sang Hyun). The little antics and banters are pretty hilarious, too. But as far as story and plot, it's been taking a stall.
    Both Mary and Secret Garden plot is not going anywhere. In fact Mary had to change a scriptwriter from episode 11 (hope the new scriptwriter will inject fresh ideas, the current plot feels a bit kindergarten to me). As for Secret Garden, I'm hooked... the only thing is that the main leads relationship have gone back to zero again, and it's already episode 10!

I love the OST for Secret Garden. Best of all, Baek Ji Young's That Woman/Man songs.

Default Legend of the king

I really should stop plonking in front of the TV and watch whatever comes. When I start watching some show, I just have to know the ending. So that's why I am watching Legend of the King. Not the BYJ (expensive drama) but one with a very plain looking main prince, with a bad hairdo.... aiiiyaa couldn't they get a younger, less plain guy?

Maybe it's the writer's fault --- this guy played the filial son to the hilt that I was rooting for the bad brothers. Regardless of what his father did, he was so obedient and completely clueless. Even when his mother was framed, he could not see or refused to see that other horrible things would be concocted by his stepmother and stepbrothers, and should do something. But no. His attempts to act stoic..or maybe strong and silent. oh man

With apologies to those who like this show.

@bella25: I haven't the slightest clue which drama this is. Legend of the King? I dunno.

@bella25: I haven't the slightest clue which drama this is. Legend of the King? I dunno.
    Oops!, King of Legend. It's on KBS. The supporting actors were good.

I think the lead actor was the same guy in the drama which had a divorced couple who kept seeing each other.

Dream High (don't judge me! )

I'm missing Secret Garden already. My Princess is coming out so lukewarmy, not as engaging and exciting to watch, but there's eyecandy, so I guess I'll bear with it. The plot and storyline needs to spice up.

I'm missing Secret Garden already. My Princess is coming out so lukewarmy, not as engaging and exciting to watch, but there's eyecandy, so I guess I'll bear with it. The plot and storyline needs to spice up.
    Really? I heard that My Princess is pretty funny and somewhat engaging. Haven't given it a try myself but will watch it once it's done airing. I'm definetly looking forward to watching Secret Garden and hope to start it as soon as I'm done with the drama I'm watching now.

I'm currently slowly watching Creating Destiny, which is so super slow paced. I wish the pace would just pick up, there's just too many nonsensical scenes and dialog. It would be more interesting if it didn't drag so much, it should be only 16 eps not 30. It's the typical forcered marriage/hate, then love relationship storyline. I'm gonna just continue it now that I've already started it. I don't really like the scenes where Eugene speaks in English. Her English is fluent but for some reason her acting isn't very natural when she speaks in English.

Quote Originally Posted by botan View Post
    Really? I heard that My Princess is pretty funny and somewhat engaging. Haven't given it a try myself but will watch it once it's done airing. I'm definetly looking forward to watching Secret Garden and hope to start it as soon as I'm done with the drama I'm watching now.

I'm currently slowly watching Creating Destiny, which is so super slow paced. I wish the pace would just pick up, there's just too many nonsensical scenes and dialog. It would be more interesting if it didn't drag so much, it should be only 16 eps not 30. It's the typical forcered marriage/hate, then love relationship storyline. I'm gonna just continue it now that I've already started it. I don't really like the scenes where Eugene speaks in English. Her English is fluent but for some reason her acting isn't very natural when she speaks in English.
    I consider Creating Destiny to be a daily drama where the plot is more drawn out and so, the pacing is slower. I watched the first episode and didn't care for it.

To compare Secret Garden and My Princess, Secret Garden was funnier and had lots of things happening in each episode. My Princess doesn't have a solid storyline nor does it have well established characters that are real (as I've seen so far). It has some funny moments but it comes from characters acting silly and sometimes the silliness seems out of character. I've seen 6 episodes so far, and everything seems to be presented for fan service rather than producing a solid and strong story.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-27-11 at 01:33 AM.

My Princess doesn't have a solid storyline nor does it have well established characters that are real (as I've seen so far). It has some funny moments but it comes from characters acting silly and sometimes the silliness seems out of character.
    Agreed. I just finished watching the first three episodes and got the same impressions as you. Silliness is funny/interesting at first but gets old and annoying very quickly. I think I'm gonna skip this one and go back to watching East of Eden. I think the same main guy starred in EoE.