Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

Finally an update. Thank you.

Hurray - made my day. Thank you!

this story is really interesting, thank you

I know updates are really scarce nowadays. Actually my translation speed is really pathetic. First go through babelfish & google translation texts and then edit them is really time taking process...it takes me at least two to three hour for one update.
    Any suggestioons for better translation engine apart from these two??

For what it is worth, fastclock uses Systran.

I use Systran (same engine as Babelfish). Then, I put the translated names back into pinyin, and edit the machine-translated text into readable English. The Chinese text is available online. While the online text is somewhat suspect (missing paragraphs here and there), they are very useful as I can just dump them into Systran and get the translation for the whole novel. Using Babelfish is not that difficult, once you know the quirkiness of how it translates the Chinese text, you pretty much know what the English text should be.
    I really like to again extend my thanks to the respective translators, especially those whose chinese are not their first language. When i attempted to try to translate a portion of DGSD, i got my friends to read out the chinese text to me, and then i try to manually translate. Takes a bloody long long time.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Default hehehehe

for whats its worth brotha... once a week tranlations are also cool. gives me something to lookf orward to in the weekend

makes the story more of a jorney
    So if u get time on sunday morning post up an update or when ever u get time

3 hours per update, wow ur pretty fast... not bad.

Lu Zhengping said: “It will be imprudent of us to tell you about the rumors without knowing the truth. This is a very difficult matter for us. Actually we heard a good friend saying that: “Elder brother Situ is ......is ......” suddenly his eyes lit up and he said in a clear loud voice: “......has died in the hands of this evildoer who is now the leader of the clan of eternal happiness. He has actually usurped the position of this sect leader and is actually very corrupt, obscene and lascivious in nature. This young fellow is really cruel and this friend I am talking about is not someone whose words are empty. He knows Situ Bangzhu from several years in the past and he is well informed about his fame in martial art realm. Situ Bangzhu trusted this young fellow but he has taken advantage of it or…I would say rather taken the liberty to do as he wants.”

Bei Haishi sneered and said: “brother Lu, your words are illogical…it looks as though that you have taken the liberty to spout nonsense.”

Lu Zhengping got raged in anger and his face turned red. He thought in his heart: “This Bei Haishi really lives up to his reputation. “ He loudly said: “It’s a internal matter of the clan of eternal happiness and we as outsiders can’t ask for an inquiry but we people from Guandong martial art fraternity value the sect very much and we only want to know if brother Situ is alive or not. It doesn’t matter if this right or wrong but we will do anything to find what actually happened to him and are prepared to take any actions for this purpose.

Bei Haishi said: “Although I Bei Haishi is good-for-nothing, but in the martial art realm I too have a reputation, not as much as you people but still how can I change my statement? If you honorable people ask me to lie knowingly then I will but then again a lie is a lie. We are all from the martial art realm and we should be warm-hearted to friends but you should understand that this matter is actually unclear and unintelligible….really unclear and unintelligible!”

Gao San Niangzi couldn’t restrain herself by the hearing this flattery and ridiculed Bei Haishi and said fiercely: “My brother Situ was killed, I am afraid you Bei Haishi were the chief instigator. We have arrived to the central plains to take revenge for our brother Situ and we won’t be going back without completing this job. If you are a real man then come out and accept what you have done. Do you have the courage to say the truth? Tell me how brother Situ died?”

Bei Haishi said: “I have this sickness for so many years, its noisy and troublesome and refuses to die. I have lived a long life and I don’t have much left to live for. If Gao San Niangzi wants to kill me then she will actually do a big favor to me.”

Gao San Niangzi got angrier and she said: “Thanks a lot, you are an elder in martial arts realm and you are actually giving this old lady some face but you are still not willing to share the truth. You go and call that young fellow surnamed Shi and then this old lady will ask in front of everyone.”
    She thought that this Bei Haishi is a wily old fox, if they fight him now then they will be overwhelmed by there sheer numbers. This Shi Bangzhu is after all a young boy. Let me see if he willing to tell the truth, or even from his look, we may get some clue.

Cheng Chong standing beside Bei Haishi suddenly laughed and said with a dirty smile on his face: “just now Gao San Niangzi talked about how our Shi Bangzhu is fond of women. That is true but our Bangzhu is only fond of young and pretty women or gentle and refined girls. If you really want Shi Bangzhu to see you then its okay but…I’m afraid …..He won’t….ha..haha!”
    He said these words in a really obscene way and obviously his expressions were frivolous and the implied meaning was obvious. He ridiculed Gao San Niangzi in front of all these many people by implying she is old and rude.
    Dingdang asked in a very low voice: “Elder sister is really good looking and actually is quite attractive, do you like her?”

Shi Potian said: “What nonsense are you talking now! Be careful or you will find holes in you body if she shoots her short knives at you!”
    Dingdang said with a smile: “If she shoots her knives at me then will you save me, will you help me?”
    Shi Potian didn’t reply.

Gao San Niangzi got extremely angry and was shaking in rage. In a flash three short knives moved towards Cheng Chong as if three silver light streaks moved towards him. Cheng Chong dodged these anxiously and said with a smile: “So are you are fancying me now lady?” He opened his mouth to give a dirty and frivolous expression.

Fan Yifei called out quickly: “hold on for a minute!” But Gao San Niangzi was extremely angry by now and she didn’t intend to restrain herself. She sent out her short knives one after another, one more quickly then the previous one. Cheng Chong managed to avoid the first six but he didn’t manage to evade the seventh one and unexpectedly it caught him on the center of his right leg, he quickly knelt down to immediately.

Gao San Niangzi sneered and said: “kneel down and beg for mercy?”
    Chen Chong too got extremely angry and drew out his sword and attacked her. Feng Liang came forward and parried his blow with his nine soft whips.

Shi Potian saw that now everyone was gearing up for the fight so called out suddenly: “cannot fight, cannot fight! You should see me; you can ask me whatever you want?”

As he said these words, he came out of the hiding, holding the hand of Dingdang in between the crowds. Everyone looked at him and in a swift move Cheng Chong leapt backwards. The clan of eternal happiness gave a thunderous applause to him and bowed in front of him at once and said: “Bangzhu has arrived!”

As soon as Fan Yifei and others heard these words they were extremely surprised and couldn’t believe their eyes but the manner in which everyone in the clan of eternal happiness behaved in front of him, obviously this was not some charade. He thought in his heart: “the young master have told his name Zhong Yu, by age too he is really young, his martial arts are is extremely high, so it isn’t much surprise that the clan of eternal happiness is relying on his. It’s my mistake only that I didn’t think about this matter earlier. (Some play of word by Jin Yong; Fan Yifei musing about the letters in Shi and Zhong Yu”)

Gao San Niangzi said apologetically: “Shi......Shi Bangzhu, so actually you are Shi Bangzhu......You are the sect leader of clan of eternal happiness, we were really reckless. Had we known earlier then there won’t have any misunderstanding?”

Shi Potian showed a faint smile and said to Bei Haishi: “Master Bei, I never thought that we will bump into each other in such a manner, these people are my friends, please don’t fight with them.”

Bei Haishi saw Shi Potian and was extremely happy and anyway he and the Guandong people didn’t have enmity originally, so he bows slightly and said: “I didn’t manage to handle this situation correctly, it all is my fault. Please accept my apology and withdraw all your weapons.”

wow, this is a fascinating story. thanks Abhay! good to see more translation chunks... jia you!

Gao San Niangzi said: “We heard the wrong criticism of Shi Bangzhu, we only heard that brother Situ was harmed by him so we gathered our people and came to central plains to inquire about the matter. We didn’t knew that the new sect leader is actually Shi Bangzhu. We have seen that young master Shi is a righteous person and it’s highly unlikely that he will harm elder brother Situ. I think that elder brother Situ must have seen the martial art skills and the streak of righteousness of this young and promising hero and he himself would have abdicated the leadership to a more qualified person, actually I think brother Situ was fortuitous to find someone so able to replace him.”

Shi Potian didn’t know what to answer so he turned to Bei Haishi and said: “this…this…brother Situ….”

Bei Haishi addressed the Guandong people and said: “Situ Bangzhu is living in seclusion in some remote mountain and he is not seeing any visitors. If he starts meeting visitors then there are a lot of people who will queue up to meet him.”

Lu Zhengping said: “I spoke rashly to master Bei and offended him and all the people from clan of eternal happiness, really should die for this, please accept my apologies.”

As soon as he said these words, he bowed in front of them and clasped his hands and also said: “but Brother Situ and our friendship was really unusual, we have arrived in the central plains just for the purpose to meet him and get news of his well-being. Master Bei you said that Situ Bangzhu doesn’t see the bystanders, but we are not actually some bystanders.”

As she said these words he looked towards Shi Potian with pleading eyes.
    Shi Potian said to Bei Haishi: “Elder Situ, do you know how far he lives? Brother Fan and rest of these people have walked through several passes and spent months to come to central plain just to meet him. They will be really disappointed if they don’t do so.”

Bei Haishi really felt awkward; he couldn’t defy the orders of the sect leader in front of everyone but also didn’t want to discuss this matter there so he said: “I am really muddle headed and unable to fulfill my responsibilities as I explained earlier. You people has come from such a long way and extended friendship to Shi Bangzhu and I haven’t even invited you fro a drink. I don’t want the clan of eternal happiness to lose face in front of everyone because of me so I will invite the fellow visitors who have come from such a far place to come with me to drink a glass of inferior wine, better come late then never.”

Shi Potian asked Bei Haishi: “Is our sect not to far from here?”
    Bei Haishi was extremely surprised and color drained out of face, he said: “here in the north-east direction, take a short cut to the city Zhenjiang about fifty miles on road.”

Shi Potian turned his head to look at Dingdang. As soon as Dingdang saw him, she gave her an infectious smile and put her hand on her lip to keep quiet.

Fan Yifei wanted to ask the whereabouts of Situ Bangzhu but as he heard Bei Haishi about the sect location, he couldn’t restrain himself and said: “Since we have come to the central plains then it would be fitting if we can come to clan of eternal happiness and pay our respect.”

Immediately everyone set out in the north-east direction, by the dawn they managed to reach the clan of eternal happiness in Zhenjiang. The steward ran and took care of the people from Guandong and gave them attentive reception.

Shi Potian and Dingdang entered the sect together. Everyone was waiting for the sect leader to come back and they were all pleasantly surprised to see him coming back with a beautiful young girl. Some of them thought: “It looks that the sect leader is really fine now. Formerly after that big sickness, his temper changed but now it looks that he is back to his older self.”

Shi Potian washed his face and drank a cup of tea, he heard Bei Haishi to be on the other side of the door, he said: “Elder sister, wait for a moment, I have to ask something from Master Bei.”

Shi Potian didn’t wait for her reply and came out of room and said: “Master Bei, I want to ask you something, what is this matter of Situ Bangzhu?”

Bei Haishi said: “please come along with me.”
    They passed through the garden and arrived at the altar of chrysanthemum, there was an octagonal pavilion. Bei Haishi waited for Shi Potian to sit down and then only took the seat and said: “It looks that after the sickness even after so many days you are still not able to recall the past matters?”

Shi Potian once listened to his parents analyzing carefully about how clan of eternal happiness might have deliberately made him their sect leader so that they can avert the disaster of ‘command of reward and punishment’, but Bei Haishi was always extremely respectful and courteous towards him. He remembered that he only saved him on skyscraping cliff when he was suffering from cold and heat energy streams. He was fortunate that Bei Haishi was there at the moment and he only diagnosed the problem. Even though they were acting for there selfish reasons but still he saved his life on that day.

At this moment it will be really awkward to ask him directly about this matter so he was spoke frankly and said that he didn’t remember the past matter so at least he can understand more about their strategy.
    He said: “Precisely, that is why I have asked you Master Bei to tell me everything from the beginning to end and relate to me in detail.”

Bei Haishi said: “Situ Bangzhu was originally called Situ Heng, nicknamed eight claws Octopus, he was your teacher's younger brother; Bangzhu, I hope at least you remember this?”

Shi Potian said: “my teacher's younger brother, I ......Don't remember? What school is that?”

Bei Haishi said: “Situ Bangzhu never mentioned about the origin of his school or his teacher. As a subordinate it felt really inconvenient to ask about it. Three years ago, we helped you to save your life from your own master......”

Shi Potian asked: “saved my life from my master, who is my master?”
    Bei Haishi shook his head and said: “it looks that this sickness has a really strong effect on your memory. You even forgot your master unexpectedly. However I too have doubt about this matter but your subordinate actually don’t know. When Snow Mountain sect sent Bai Wanjian to assert that actually you are a disciple of their sect, I have my doubts but looking at your martial arts skill I found it pretty different from their sect.”

Shi Potian said: “my master? I have kowtowed in front of Grandma Shi and accepted to become the disciple of Golden phoenix sect but that is the recent matter.”

He extended his hand to knock his head and thought that what other people are saying and what I know and have seen doesn’t match anymore. In his heart, he was quite worried and asked: “So how did I become the sect leader then?”

Thanks Abhay. Its Independence day bonus

Well, yesterday was a good day...independence day for us, new EPL season strarting and then gunners routing toffees .... I m happy...so one more update
    Last edited by Abhay; 08-16-09 at 10:23 AM.

Bei Haishi said: “When you came here then Situ Bangzhu hired you to become his sub-ordinate and help in sect affairs. At that time there was a great turbulence in the martial art realm. A lot of the sub-ordinates came here to discuss a very important matter, they came here to discuss about ‘command of reward and punishment’. Do you remember anything about that meeting?”

Shi Potian said: “’Command of reward and punishment’, yes I know about them actually. However I don’t remember anything about that meeting. I have absolutely no memories of it.”

Bai Haishi said: “All the sub-ordinates actually meets annually, it’s a big gathering with all the halls of Zhenjiang and sub-ordinates and their heirs meet on the third day of third month to get together and discuss important matters. Three years ago as I have mentioned they came to discuss how to handle ‘’Command of reward and punishment’. Everyone was prospering at that time and all felt that it is really difficult to escape them this time so they wanted to plan for them in advance. They knew that the envoys will reappear in the martial-art realm again in three years and will start inviting sect leaders.”

Shi Potian nodded and said: “Yes...yes… I know the two envoys of command of reward and punishment and their vicious bronze medals. I know that if people don’t consent to go then they and their entire sect suffers calamity and everyone is slaughtered. I have seen it with my own eyes.”

Bei Haishi shivered with cold and asked: “Bangzhu, you saw with your own eyes, I don’t understand?”

Shi Potian said: “Actually I am at fault not to help those people. I saw the flying fish sect and the iron fork sect getting annihilated in the hands of those two people.”

In his heart he thought: “oh! Elder brother, second brother, you really have a toxic hands hand.”
    The flying fish and the iron fork sect were destroyed by those envoys because their sect leaders didn’t accepted the invitation and thus the entire sect suffered because of it. Actually this matter was also raised within the clan of eternal happiness.
    Bai Haishi sighed and said: “We too anticipated this problem even at that time. He Xiangzhu raised this issue in front of Situ Bangzhu, although no one can say that his concerns were groundless but as soon as Situ Bangzhu listened, he flew into rage immediately and said that he was provoking people against Bangzhu and is conspiring against him and issued an order him to detain him immediately. Everybody asked for a favor and pleaded in front of Bangzhu. Situ Bangzhu consented that he won’t punish him at their face but got him killed in the night quietly and told everyone that he has committed suicide in fear of punishment.”

Shi Potian asked: “then for what? Did Situ Bangzhu and that person He Xiangzhu have some enmity towards each other or some hostility that he got him killed?”

Bai Haishi shook his head and said: “That is the actual matter but Situ Bangzhu was not willing to talk about this matter with anyone.”

Shi Potian nodded, he was not really intelligent in worldly affairs but now after spending time with Dingdang and his parents, his ability to understand these matters have increased a lot and he was able to estimate other people thoughts. He thought: “Situ Bangzhu knew for sure that if he is invited by these two envoys then either he will be buried in that island for the rest of his life or have to fight them but if he does not meet these two people then obviously he will not be able to save his life. This matter he might have already thought for several years but was not actually willing to mention in front of everyone.”

Bei Haishi said: “Obviously numerous brothers knew that He Xiangzhu has not committed suicide but He Xiangzhu was not important but it gave the indication to all the sect members that what is going to happen in future when Bangzhu will actually receive the invitation to go to island of heroes. They were quite certain that he is not willing to sacrifice his life for the sake of others and will trade them for his safety. Numerous brothers at that time had this concern but no one has courage to raise this matter. At that time you bravely stepped out in front of everyone and asked Bangzhu”

Shi Potian said strangely: “I bravely stepped forward and asked him…I asked him?”

Bei Haishi told him: “Yes! At that time you boldly steeped out in front of the entire sect and spoke in a very refined manner. You said: “Bangzhu, you are the master of the entire sect, you are already farsighted but you should also think about the long term interests of the sect too. When the envoys of Command of reward and punishment will arrive in the martial art realm after some time then how will you react? He Xiangzhu proposed to think about this matter and to think how will deal with it when the time comes then, but Bangzhu you compelled him to commit suicide. Numerous brothers from the sect also feel the same but won’t say out of your respect.”

Situ Bangzhu turned hostile towards you, he kept drinking wine and scolded immediately, he said: “You shameless young fellow, this clan of eternal happiness has given you place to live, this clan of eternal happiness saved your life when you were injured and running for your life and now you have the temerity to speak in front of me. Who are you to speak in front of me?

Situ Bangzhu shouted these words in front of you, everyone was frightened and no one dared to stand for you however you were unfazed by this tirade and maintained your refined demeanor and said: “Bangzhu, To accept the invitation from the two envoys of Command of reward and punishment or to decline the invitation, in both cases one dies so what difference does it makes? It doesn’t matter how one dies but the important thing in life are loyalty and righteousness. If all the people of the sect die along side you then what purpose will it serve, what advantage do you have in that case? Would you not rather be generous and accept your responsibility and actually follow all the things what you teach all the other sect members.”

Shi Potian nodded and said:” These words were actually good and logical too, but .....but ......master Bei, I actually do not have such good eloquence skills, I can’t believe that I said these words in front of entire sect.”

Bei Haishi smiled and said: “Bangzhu don’t be so modest. After getting sick, your mental ability has not turned all round. You will convalesce in the future, and your so will you recover your oratory skills such that not only you will be better than anyone in the sect but you will be best in the entire martial art realm.”

Shi Potian was half believing and half doubting, he said: “Yes? Fine ......after I spoke these words, then?”

Bei Haishi said: “Situ Bangzhu lost the color his face and was shell shocked. He however immediately turned red and patted the table and called out: “quick ......tie this young fellow and bring him in front of me!' But as he continued to drink everyone looked at you and you looked at them but no one actually moved towards you.

Situ Bangzhu got even more angry and yelled: “Fine so that’s it instead! You all have colluded with this boy, you won’t do it? Good, if you won’t then let me butcher this boy myself.”

Shi Potian said: “Did brothers from the sect managed to calm him down?”
    Bei Haishi said: “Several brothers refused to accept the order of Shi Bangzhu and in fact no one moved to tie, there was absolutely no sound and everyone waited to see what will happen.

Situ Bangzhu drew out his metal fingernails and moved to attack you immediately.
    Last edited by Han Solo; 08-16-09 at 11:52 AM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    Well, yesterday was a good day...independence day for us, new EPL season strarting and then gunners routing toffees .... I m happy...so one more update
    6-1, yes indeed.. but it's very early days - the goal difference will help

Thanks for posting this, I've been looking forward towards this being continued and finished for years now.

Situ Bangzhu drew out his metal fingernails and moved to attack you immediately; he leapt to leave his seat and tried to grasp you. You slanted your body and avoided that move immediately. Situ Bangzhu kept on attacking you continually, but you actually managed to avoid each of his moves but did not hit back throughout. Your both hands were empty however Situ Bangzhu had his metal fingernail for which he was renowned in the martial arts. Unexpectedly you managed to avoid about seven-eight moves of his and everyone thought that this was really commendable.

At that time Mi Xiangzhu called out: “Bangzhu, your Shi nephew has avoided your eight moves but hasn’t hit back, he reveres you a lot, you are respected gentleman in the martial art realm, how can you kill the person you yourself have saved and you are his teacher’s younger brothers. If you kill him then who will ask for help in the future?”
    Situ Bangzhu shouted angrily: “Who asked him not to hit back? You have been partial to him in any case, everybody here are of one mind and have gathered here to kill me and have presented this boy to help you to eliminate me, how can I fail your wishes now?'”

He cursed angrily at everyone but his hands did not stop, you kept on avoiding his attack but it was really getting seriously risky for you.
    Zhan Xiangzhu called out: “Brother Shi, take this sword!” he threw a long sword towards you. You caught the sword expertly and let Situ Bangzhu to complete three more moves and then said: “Bangzhu, I have let you make twenty moves without retaliating but now you must stop or I have no recourse but to offend you.”

Situ got angrier and thought that you are mocking him so started attacking more viciously with his fingernails. At that time in the meeting hall about twenty people loudly shouted with one voice: “Hit back, hit back, or he will kill you!”
    You said: “Fine then so be it!”

Then you lifted your sword to parry his fingernails. You two people started this duel and fought very intensely. Everyone saw that Situ Bangzhu was pouring all his strength in his moves but still he was not able to harm you. Finally you made a move resembling to move “to push the boat along”, your sword stabbed his right wrist and his fingernails fell to the ground, you retrieved the sword immediately and leapt three steps back.

Situ Bangzhu stood there, his face lost his color and looked towards the brothers in the sect. In a moment he left the meeting hall with blood dripping from his right wrist wound. There was a ghostly silence in the hall as drops of blood made a faint clattering sound. He moved out of the hall in profound grief saying: “It’s good, it’s really good!”

As he walked out of the hall, all the forty people standing in the hall gazed at him but no one made a sound. As Situ Bangzhu walked out everyone knew that he was not coming back again as he has lost his face in front of the entire sect.

Everybody requested you to take the command of the sect. At that time you said generously: “I am a young boy and I don’t have the competency to take this heavy responsibility but we are supposed to meet a disaster in three years time, the two envoys of Command of reward and punishment are coming back so I will take this responsibility and will accept the invitation to avert danger for the sect“

As soon as he said these words the sect members cheered with one voice and prostrated in front of you immediately. Everyone saw you fighting with Situ Bangzhu and was really impressed with your martial art skills. In fact before this encounter, everyone in the sect were convinced that your martial art skills are really average but the way you first avoided the attack of Situ Bangzhu and then defeated him convinced everyone about your ability and as long as you consented to help the to overcome this disaster then obviously everybody stemmed from their own selfishness supported you whole heartedly.”

Shi Potian nodded and said:” That’s why everyone was so anxious to search me and feared that I won’t come back.”

Bei Haishi’s face turned slightly red and he said: “After you took the leadership of sect you took a lot a new measures and gave various sect members really stern jobs to complete but none ever showed any dissent as everybody thinks it helped to maintain justice and righteous and they were willing the shed their lives for the sect.”

Shi Potian hesitated and said: “Master Bei, it is a matter of past, I could not recall but please do not conceal, what wrong thing have I done?”
    Bei Haishi smiled and said: “To say these words might be a blunder, actually it might not be necessarily so. You were a young and refined person before sickness and were frequently accompanied by several females. I think these girls from Dadu (Beijing) were really shameless and might have forced themselves upon you voluntarily but definitely it was never a matter of force. The Bangzhu of Clan of eternal happiness has a reputation of being wise and refined but your affinity towards female is also a part of it.”

Shi Potian heard these words and streams of sweat flowed at his forehead. He knew that these words of Bei Haishi were superficial about what he has done in these past few years; definitely they were not such minor fault. He thought his hardship with Dingdang and thought that I can’t recall with how many more people do I have this kind of immoral personal relationships? Suddenly he had a thought in his heart: “what if A’Xiu knows about these relationships, I only like her but ...but ......”
    Bei Haishi said: “Bangzhu, subordinate was really ignorant to say these words to you but I did not know whether I should say these words or not?”

Shi Potian said: “Master Bei you said these because I explicitly asked you, now please be honest with me.”

Bei Haishi said: “Our Clan of eternal happiness has been involved in some shameful business but it was inevitable in given circumstances, otherwise how could have we managed the food and the cloths for thousands of our younger brothers and sister in the sect?

Fine…we are not the heroes as everyone expects we should be but what good are those stinking morality and virtues if the mothers and sisters are starving. Well if a subordinate was doing something wrong than I didn’t help him but….let’s say we didn’t pay any attention so as to maintain harmony and friendliness among the brothers in the sect.”

Shi Potian reddens all over the face immediately and felt ashamed as he remembered that Wan Xiangzhu tried to assassinate him that evening when he was recuperating. He in fact accused him of enticing his wife and Shi Potian understood that he might have rightly accused him.

Bei Haishi also said: “Master Ding Busan is really a strange person and his martial arts skills are also extremely high. Bangzhu I advice you to abandon his granddaughter or I think you will be in trouble, although we are not afraid of him but still he is a powerful enemy which we don’t want at this moment.......”

Shi Potian said quickly: “How cam I leave Ding Guniang?”

Bei Haishi smiled and said: “Bangzhu when you like a girl then you treasure her with all your heart and life but I am afraid you don’t have much patience will these girls. Bangzhu you two people are just intimate but nothing else, it isn’t as if you two have bowed in front of heaven and earth and have married or something. It will be better to avoid her.”
    Shi Potian said: “But ......But I actually bowed to Heaven and Earth and got married with her.”

Bei Haishi said: “At that time you were recovering from a serious sickness and your memory was blurry. I have seen that people forget things and don’t remember correctly after this kind of serious illness.”

Shi Potian knitted his brows and found it hard to reply for a while.

thank you very muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. a nice update.

Bei Haishi thought that its time to stop talking about this matter so he changed the topic and said: “When the Guangdong people saw you, they were really happy to see you; in fact they started to praise you, their demeanor softened and started saying Bangzhu is this and Bangzhu is that ….. They were singing praise of the virtues and the righteousness of Bangzhu and talking about your extraordinary martial art skills… I don’t understand this matter.”

Shi Potian told him how he fought with Ding Busi and saved their life numerous times and how they threw a banquet to his honor. The Guangdong people had already praised Shi Potian and his martial art skill and now after listening about the fight with Ding Busi, Bei Haishi was quite surprised and immediately asked how he managed to improve his martial art skill that much. Shi Potian himself was at loss and couldn’t reply.

Bei Haishi actually thought that he is not willing to say anything about this matter so he didn’t pursued this matter and said: “These people also have some fame in the martial arts world. Bangzhu now that you have helped them so they now a obligation for you. You can seize this opportunity to boss around. I think if they ask about Situ Bangzhu in front of the entire sect then you can simply say that Situ Bangzhu has given the command of the clan to you and have retired and have retreated in seclusion. To tell them about that entire episode wouldn’t be such a nice idea and we should try to avoid that uncomfortable situation. In addition telling them the truth won’t be any advantage to anybody but might only escalate more feuds between us.”

Shi Potian nodded and said:” As you say master Bei.”

Two people then started idle talk for some moment. Bei Haishi started reporting about the sect matters. He gave the details of the various sect activities. He reported Shi Potian about all the punishments he gave in the clan and the changes in the steward personnel, he told which village has sent how many silvers and rice, what money has he received from the wharf for these many months.

Shi Potian was perplexed about that much information but he simply kept saying yes and kept on listening. Bei Haishi further mentioned some of the achievements of some people, he mentioned about some dishonorable deal which came in the light and said that the greenwood villages have delivered the money, pearls, jades and grain to the clan of eternal happiness.

Shi Potian kept on listening but didn’t understood most of the things and didn’t know what to reply.

In the evening a big banquet was thrown by the clan and the entire Guandong group was invited by Shi Potian with Bei Haishi accompanying him on his right hand seat.

The wine went on for three rounds and various people spoke some modesties. Fan Yifei said: “Benefactor Shi has great ability, he has reorganized the clan of eternal happiness and now it’s so prosperous. Brother Situ always wanted it this way.”

Bei Haishi said: “Situ Bangzhu was the one who planted the seeds at that time, but now it’s us who are enjoying the goods but these are trivial sect matters, we do not dare to talk about them.”

Fan Yifei was just looking for an excuse to again inquire about Situ Bangzhu. Suddenly he saw the subordinate from tiger hall; Fu Xiangzhu arrived at side of Bei Haishi in a hurry and whispered something in his ear.
    Bei Haishi smiled and nodded, he said: “it’s good, it is really very good.”

He turned his head towards Shi Potian and said: “Bangzhu I am really pleased to inform you that we have captured the disciples of the Snow mountain sect. These two people have come from the Ling Xiao city to rescue the other disciples of Snow mountain sect we have earlier captured. We actually knew that something like this will happens and were just waiting for the bird to walk itself in the net. We had just caught both of them just a few moments ago.”

Shi Potian was startled, he said: “We have captured Snow Mountain disciples?”

Bei Haishi smiled and said: “Previous when that Bai Wanjian came here with his disciple and left with you Bangzhu, we were really worried and only feared that they might treat you unkindly, so......”
    Bei Haishi didn’t want to say in front of Guangdong people that Bai Wanjian in fact kidnapped Shi Potian in front of everyone and carried him away so he talked ambiguously about that situation and said: “Our entire gang went out to inquire the whereabouts of Bangzhu, Unexpectedly we bumped in to a group of Snow mountain disciples near Anhui and after a small fight we captured them all, it was only a pity that Bai Wanjian was not there.”

Dingdang suddenly asked: “Did that lady Hua Wanzi was also among them?”

Bei Haishi smiled and said: “of course she was in the first batch of people we seized in the sect itself, Ding Guniang was also here at that time, isn’t it? That time altogether we captured about seven people.”

Fan Yifei thought in his hearts with amazement: “Snow mountain sect has as illustrious prestige in the martial art realm; unexpectedly they were routed by the clan of eternal happiness.”

Bei Haishi also said: “We interrogated the disciples of the Sow mountain sect about the whereabouts of Bangzhu. Everybody said that Bangzhu left that temple of the village god in the evening and after that no one has seen him again. Once everyone heard that Bangzhu is well then we all were relieved, now what about these Snow mountain sect disciples, they were here to kill Bangzhu, so what punishment should be given to them?”

Shi Potian deliberately considered: “Father and mother said that I once did obeisance to the Snow mountain sect and accepted them as my school. That way these Snow mountain disciples are my brothers, how can I punish them, forget about the thought of killing.”

He said: “We and Snow mountain sect have some misunderstanding, now …. convert......” he tried to speak an idiom but couldn’t remember it and thought for a while.

Bei Haishi pitched in and said: “Convert an enemy into a friend.”
    Shi Potian said: “Yes, converts an enemy into a friend! Master Bei, I wants to release then and asks them to drink together, is it good master Bei?”

He did not know whether in the martial arts world this is an acceptable custom so he wanted to confirm with Bei Haishi. He also asked because he knew that they had put a lot of effort to capture so many of Snow mountain disciples and at least he can get his approval rather than acting on his own authority. Although other people revere him to be their sect leader but still he wanted to take everyone in his trust rather then just ordering them to comply with his verbal command.

Bei Haishi smiles said: “Bangzhu is really broad-minded and generous. It is surely a fine precedent in martial arts realm.” He then told: “Sends some person to bring in the Snow mountain disciples.”

The sub-ordinates complied immediately and soon they came back with the two detained Snow mountain disciples. Both were wearing white clothing. Those two people have their hands tied behind the back and had many bloodstains on their white cloths. Obviously there was a fierce fight and both people were injured.

That sub-ordinate shouted: “Go forward and bow in front of Bangzhu.”
    That middle-aged person glared at Shi Potian as other sect members started abusing him. He too shouted: “You shameless killer! You do these kinds of evil, you thief, robber, its time to face retribution for the crime, waits for my master to come, he will tear you all in shreds and avenge for me.”

This is great - I am really enjoying this story a lot. Thank you again!

Suddenly they heard a loud sound from outside the window and Wangba Dan said in a loud voice: “Younger brother, I really liked your abuse, this guy is really a dog and bastard.” But they heard the sound of shackles as about twenty Snow mountain sect people came inside the hall. They were wearing handcuffs in their hand and shackles in their legs but still they entered hall fearlessly.

Geng Wanzhong, Huyan Wanshan, Feng Wanfu, Ke Wanjun, Wang Wanren, Hua Wanzi and several others were among the captured people. Wang Wanren came inside through the gate and said: “You bastard…” and started cursing unceasingly.

Some said: “If we had swords and spears in our hand than we would have killed this young thief right here.”

Fan Yifei thought in his heart: “If they have captured these kinds of people than it isn’t anything to be proud of.”

Bei Haishi glanced towards the Guangdong people and understood that they are thinking of them as cowards because they have shackled these people so he immediately left his seat and said with a smile: “In Anhui we have to capture all the people this way not because we were concerned about their martial art skill but because we concerned about well being of Bangzhu and that’s why we didn’t resorted to injure anyone gravely but obviously you people don’ accept your defeat and still think of clan of eternal happiness as dirty worm-infested dog. Everyone here obviously in his heart refuses to accept our victory so let’s do one thing. I will give you ten moves, so as long as clan of eternal happiness is not able to catch you within ten moves then we are really dirty worm-infested dogs.”

On the day when clan of eternal happiness fought with Snow mountain people and captured them, at that time Bei Haishi displayed five lines of six people and started to attack. Ke Wanjun and others cannot get away even two-three moves at that time so ten moves was indeed a tall order. The newly captured Snow mountain disciple actually didn’t know about that and he just saw a thin sick looking old man in front of him so he thought why should I be frightened?

He called out immediately: “Your clan of eternal happiness is just relying on its numbers for the victory, what great is that? Let us alone have ten moves, or even if you want hundred moves then so be it.”
    Bei Haishi said with a smile: “Is very good, is very good! This brother has real courage and is really excellent. We then make a bet, if you meet my ten moves then clan of eternal happiness is a dirty worm-infested dog however if you lose in the ten moves then your snow mountain sect is dirty worm-infested dog, is that good?”

As he said these words, he moved his hands and towards him and broke the thick hemp ropes which were tying his hands in a single stroke and said with a smile: “Please!”

That person was tied up with these ropes for quite some time now and he has tries a lot to break free of them and have struggled many time so he knew that these hemp ropes were very tenacious, but when he saw that this sick looking person has broken the rope with a superficial stoke as if he was breaking a noodle, he was really frightened. Instantly, his complexion changed, his body started trembling and he didn’t dare to challenge Bei Haishi.

Suddenly they heard another sound from outside the hall, someone said: “Is very good, is very good! I accept this bet!”

The Snow mountain disciple heard this sound and immediately their facial expression changed, on the other hand the people from clan of eternal happiness were all surprised, and now the facial expression of Bei Haishi changed.

They heard the sound of something striking the gate and it opened. They saw a highly dignified and heroic looking person coming in; it was indeed 'Frost of the North-west” Bai Wanjian. He held his fist in the other hand to greet them and said: “I don’t have much talent but still I will like to meet your ten moves master Bei”

Bei Haishi showed a faint smile, he looked calm but under his heart he actually felt really awkward. Although he knew that he can defeat Bai Wanjian in martial arts but it won’t be possible to do this in ten moves, even a hundred moves was also less to subdue him.

He said with a smile: “Ten moves of gambling against the chivalrous ‘frost of the north-west’, it won’t be a nice gamble. We have to change the rules now. If master Bai Wanjian himself is interested than we have to look for at least 300 moves to decide the victory or defeat!”

Bai Wanjian said: “Originally Master Bei you yourself have said these words, now you not keeping your promise.”

Bei Haishi said with a smile: “Ten moves of gambling are fine for this mean and extremely arrogant ignorant youth but not for a chivalrous veteran martial art expert like you.”

Bai Wanjian said: “If clan of eternal happiness accepts itself as a dirty worm-infested dog then I don’t have any problem with that. Obviously you are accepting that your martial art skills are below this mean and extremely arrogant ignorant person isn’t it?”

When he entered the hall, he saw Shi Potian beaming and buoyant sitting on the mat and numerous fellow standing in handcuffs and shackles, looking thinly and pale, under his heart he was really angry but still he exchanged few words with Bei Haishi and scolded the sect in front of everyone.

Again they heard some noise coming from the outside of the door; suddenly they heard a loud voice: “Songjiang government officer Yang Guang, master of Xian Su manor Shi Qing and Lady Min Rou are paying a visit.” They heard the sound of Shi Qing.

As soon as Shi Potian heard his father’s voice, he felt great happiness and leapt up like a spring and called out: “Father, Mother!”

Default zzzzz......

cliff hangers
    ill be back tomorow