Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Michael Miu Kiu Wai

if they ever put LOTCH and ROTCH on DVD, I'd be so all over it.

I own every series he did with Barbara. It's terrible about her death. I would like to know how he reacted to it since they were so close (as friends only, though, right?) The paparrazi was cornering Kent Tong. Nobody bothered to look at the other 4 Tigers. Or did they?

Anyway, does anybody know what other series Michael will be doing next?

it's so sad how barbara die. can't believe it ended in tis way.

how is margie tsang? i only saw two of her series and i loved her. heard tah she just devorce her second husband? can anyone give me any news abt her.
    :*'-'* sw33t_anGeL *'-'*:

Quote Originally Posted by sw33t_angel
    it's so sad how barbara die. can't believe it ended in tis way.

how is margie tsang? i only saw two of her series and i loved her. heard tah she just devorce her second husband? can anyone give me any news abt her.
    Here are some photos of Michael & Barbara.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/bd31e70f.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/0337b88a.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/518a84f8.jpg')

I heard Margie has her very own talk show on TVB. Other than that, I have no clue. The only thing I really knew about her is how her relationship with Tony back in the 80's was the hottest news.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/11e6c088.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/993100de.jpg')

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by cbale456
    In The Condo, Miu got paired up with Au Yeung Pui San? Isn't she much older than him? Was Mui the leading actor in The Condo?
    In the Condo, Suzanna Au Yeung Pui San was a doctor...actually I'm not sure she had a doctor licence or not. But she used her apartment as her clinic. Milky Way was a security guard at her apartment building and had a crush on her. And it turns out she has a husband back in the mainland, who was Lau Kong. Kenneth Tsang's character was married to the actress who played Leila Tong's shifu in Twins of Brothers but Kenneth often cheated on her but she didn't know. He was always away yet he seemed like a good father and husband but thats until he made a move on Susanna and raped her or something. Kenneth went to jail.

Nathan Chan was also in this series..he had a crush on Mimi Kung? I think I forgot. Oh well.

But yes...in the end Susanna accepted Milky Way and they did pair up.

I watched The Foundation and Barbara and Michael were so cute together, Felix's character is a dork! He didn't know how to appreciate her until too late. I don't know why Barbara's character had to die! Even if she had to die, she could've faked her death..like Hugo Ng and Tony Leung did in The Honorable Knights(Legendary Siblings 1988) to fool people.

I watched the ATV version of Justice Pao and Michael Miu was in the case of Sword of Vengeance...and that was only in 1995...he gained some weight while he retired then. I think he gained weight in that series because his head or face appeared a little bit big to me.

How was he in the ACADEMY? Did he get enough screen time?

I want to buy Fearless Duo but I hear it's has a sad ending?! I've been looking for a Michael and Barbara series that doesn't end sadly. I don't want to be depressed every time I want to watch their series.

The New CLH may not be a sad ending...but CLH still had three other girls and plus...he always seem too respectful to her character to be really romantically involved. So I don't know...I was hoping to watch Fearless Duo and let it be the one...that I've been searching for. So does it have a sad ending for Barb and Milky Way?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    In the Condo, Suzanna Au Yeung Pui San was a doctor...actually I'm not sure she had a doctor licence or not. But she used her apartment as her clinic. Milky Way was a security guard at her apartment building and had a crush on her. And it turns out she has a husband back in the mainland, who was Lau Kong. Kenneth Tsang's character was married to the actress who played Leila Tong's shifu in Twins of Brothers but Kenneth often cheated on her but she didn't know. He was always away yet he seemed like a good father and husband but thats until he made a move on Susanna and raped her or something. Kenneth went to jail.

Nathan Chan was also in this series..he had a crush on Mimi Kung? I think I forgot. Oh well.

But yes...in the end Susanna accepted Milky Way and they did pair up.

I watched The Foundation and Barbara and Michael were so cute together, Felix's character is a dork! He didn't know how to appreciate her until too late. I don't know why Barbara's character had to die! Even if she had to die, she could've faked her death..like Hugo Ng and Tony Leung did in The Honorable Knights(Legendary Siblings 1988) to fool people.

I watched the ATV version of Justice Pao and Michael Miu was in the case of Sword of Vengeance...and that was only in 1995...he gained some weight while he retired then. I think he gained weight in that series because his head or face appeared a little bit big to me.

How was he in the ACADEMY? Did he get enough screen time?

I want to buy Fearless Duo but I hear it's has a sad ending?! I've been looking for a Michael and Barbara series that doesn't end sadly. I don't want to be depressed every time I want to watch their series.

The New CLH may not be a sad ending...but CLH still had three other girls and plus...he always seem too respectful to her character to be really romantically involved. So I don't know...I was hoping to watch Fearless Duo and let it be the one...that I've been searching for. So does it have a sad ending for Barb and Milky Way?
    Fearless Duo does NOT have a sad ending. I have it, and I enjoy watching it everytime. Except for the first couple of episodes because Michael didn't like Barbara then. It's worth watching only if you want to see a story that is very lighthearted/not too dramatic. All around, it's a good series to watch. Hilarious at many times too. If you are truly looking for a good ending of MB series, Fearless Duo is the one. I would've reccommended United We Stand because of its good ending also. But it's kind of boring when minor cast take up a lot of screen time.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/Dinner.jpg') Fearless Duo - Michael & Barbara takes a break from filming
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b47/liti3691/UWS.jpg')United We Stand

Then how come this person said this in review for Fearless Duo.

Timeless classic about 1st impression love

This is another TVB comedic classic about a couple that has nothing in common and they wind up be the most beautiful lover of all time. The ending is very sad and nice. I'm touched by this love story.

-- Orange County, CA

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Then how come this person said this in review for Fearless Duo.
    I don't know why they said that. I own the dvd's, and there was nothing sad about the ending. The only part that was sad was when ____ died. I don't know if you want me to spoil it for you or not. But then, at the very end of the last episode, Barbara was catching a butterfly and Michael came to get her. This was MANY years later. They both looked adorable playing an old couple. It was sweet how he said "watch your step or you'll fall" or something like that. Hope that helps. Maybe I misinterpretted the ending, but it seemed pretty straightforward that they lived happily ever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nhi
    I don't know why they said that. I own the dvd's, and there was nothing sad about the ending. The only part that was sad was when ____ died. I don't know if you want me to spoil it for you or not. But then, at the very end of the last episode, Barbara was catching a butterfly and Michael came to get her. This was MANY years later. They both looked adorable playing an old couple. It was sweet how he said "watch your step or you'll fall" or something like that. Hope that helps. Maybe I misinterpretted the ending, but it seemed pretty straightforward that they lived happily ever after.
    What?! They don't end up with each other until their old and grey?

In one sentence can you tell me what it is about? The series I mean...

I want to buy the DVD but I'm not sure if I should. They say the story plot is very simple.

Default The Basic Plot

What?! They don't end up with each other until their old and grey?

In one sentence can you tell me what it is about? The series I mean...

I want to buy the DVD but I'm not sure if I should. They say the story plot is very simple.
    LOL. I can't do it in one sentence, so how about a paragraph?

Michael and Barbara hated each other in the beginning when their parents made them get married. Eventually one falls for the other after several dramas/obstacles/struggles. When they find out that they can't live without each other, their happiness is threatened when Michael's (and then Barbara's later on) life is in danger. But they live happily ever after NOT when they're old but when they're still young. You get to see them get married three times. You get to see many cute scenes. And it's a HAPPY ending. Definitely a must-see if you want a happy series of MB.

If you're still deciding, go to this link and scroll down to find more English comments:
    http://go2viet.com/display.asp?bar=4...inc=itemdetail

That should help make your final decision.

Honestly, the ending to the Fearless Duo did not even make sense to me. Barbara dropped something which seemed to indicate that she could not save Miu. THen all of a sudden they show all of the scenes that happened in the series(if I remember correctly). Then suddenly, Barbara is old and tries to catch buterflies.. Miu is also and comes to ask her why is she is still old and catching butterflies. They then walk off to see their grandchildren.... They did end up together, but it didn't seem to make sense at all...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Who knows? I also couldn't understand if Michael really came back to life and they lived happily ever after or not. I just thought that they just wanted a funny good last impression on the series by showing them two old and together. Anybody's entitled to their own opinion about how that story really ended. What's important is that all around, it was a good series to watch. Not the best MB series that I've seen, but good enough to view it and say, "hmm, not bad."

Just wanted to comment on him in The Academy I thought this was a great role for him to do when coming back. He really protrayed the role perfectly and I thought he stole the spotlight from everyone else. I really liked watching him, espically with Sammul Chan. To me I thought they did resemble father and son plus all their scenes together was really touching. Very heartwarming seeing how Michael was caring for Sammul and Sammul was looking up to him.

Oh, those pics of Michael and Barbara are so cute! I really want to watch Fearless Duo now ^__^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Honestly, the ending to the Fearless Duo did not even make sense to me. Barbara dropped something which seemed to indicate that she could not save Miu. THen all of a sudden they show all of the scenes that happened in the series(if I remember correctly). Then suddenly, Barbara is old and tries to catch buterflies.. Miu is also and comes to ask her why is she is still old and catching butterflies. They then walk off to see their grandchildren.... They did end up together, but it didn't seem to make sense at all...
    Perhaps...what happen when Barbara died and Miu broke the container that contained her soul--the same thing happen for Miu's soul...barbara had to do the same thing to bring miu back to life.

I just finished watching it last night and well...the series was okay. I just felt there wasn't enough romantic scenes between Milky Way and Barbara. Most of the series consist of Michael liking that other girl. I just felt that Michael liked that other girl who died more than Barbara.

All the guys Kwok Fung and Barbara's maternal cousin liked her on first sight while Michael had to go through all that to know he loves her. Kwok Fung was so funny but at the same time his eyes looked psychotic.

All the men in the series was much taller than Barbara...so Barbara looked extremely short.

It's an okay series....I think I like Chor Lau Heung with them together better, theres more meat to the storyline.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-30-05 at 02:47 PM.

yea, miu was and still is a good actor. I say he was the second best looking out of the 5 tigers after tony of course. but loved him in LOCH even tho he played a villain but you gotta feel sorry for the guy when he died. had a huge crush on him as chor lau heung when i saw it at 6 years old. but recently had a chance to watch the series again and didn't like it as much. he's still an awesome actor. glad he's making a well receptive comeback. he will always be a staple in TVB as well as the other tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by tvfanatic
    yea, miu was and still is a good actor. I say he was the second best looking out of the 5 tigers after tony of course. but loved him in LOCH even tho he played a villain but you gotta feel sorry for the guy when he died. had a huge crush on him as chor lau heung when i saw it at 6 years old. but recently had a chance to watch the series again and didn't like it as much. he's still an awesome actor. glad he's making a well receptive comeback. he will always be a staple in TVB as well as the other tigers.
    LOL, I feel the same exact way about Michael even though he's old enough to be my father. Despite his role, I loved him nonetheless. I mean, hey! If it wasn't for him, we'd never have Yang Guo. However, I think that during the 80's, Michael was the best looking. He's tall, strong, built, and incredibly handsome. Something we don't find very often in actors nowadays. Of course, Tony is the best-looking for today out of the five.

he also starred in ATV's 1990's production of 'justice bao' that is newly released on vcds boxset. he was the leading actor in one of the crime cases.
    ???
    did anyone watch him in atv's 1990's version of 'justice bao'?

Yea, I saw that one case. He was only in one of them. I think it was part 6 if I remember correctly. The case wasn't that good, but if you want to see for Miu then it is ok to watch. It also isn't very long.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Miu's one of my fav actors from the 80s. He was so handsome and charming as Chor. That's great he's acting again.

I actually haven't seen a lot of Michael Miu's series because he was in the older generations but I've seen him in The Academy and I thought he was awesome in there!
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi