Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gray Hairs

Default Gray Hairs

Ok, I know this sounds strange, but have any of you ever had gray hair?? What do you do with them? Do you pluck, dye or just leave them on?? I just pluck my gray hair even though people tell me not too.. I heard that it isn't because of old age(well I am only 30, so I am not THAT old yet)... I wonder if it is because of stress and other reasons?? sigh....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I know some people who dye it.

I haven't experienced anything with gray hair yet (thankfully). I know that some people have some sort of genetic disposition, where they get gray hairs at a very early age (I know a couple of friends who have a lot of gray hair, even though they're barely in their twenties).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I have a few random white strands. There's one that I can see in my sideburns. I just pluck it or cut it if i can.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

Well I don't have a lot of gray hairs... I just have some once in a while and just pluck them... I have known some people that are young but have quite a bit. I heard it is because of their blood or something.. Not sure.. What about those people that have all gray hair?? I mean, my grandma was 100 when she passed away and did not have all gray hair, while there are some people that are only in their 50s but have all gray hair...Is that genetic too??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Never, and I'm happy about it.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

if i had white/gray hair, i'd just leave it.
    with the genetics, doesn't that skip a generation? so if any of your grandparents had white hair early, you could get it too. If all 4 didn't then it's unlikely for you to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Well I don't have a lot of gray hairs... I just have some once in a while and just pluck them... I have known some people that are young but have quite a bit. I heard it is because of their blood or something.. Not sure.. What about those people that have all gray hair?? I mean, my grandma was 100 when she passed away and did not have all gray hair, while there are some people that are only in their 50s but have all gray hair...Is that genetic too??
    I think it's combination of stress, genes, foods you consume, and environment. The reason your 100 years old didn't have all gray hair is because life back then was less stress, foods are organic, little/no pollution, and good genes.

A few strands do not count as premature graying.

Most premature graying is genetics. Other medical courses are to do with nutrition and thyroid. So if gray hair is your only symptom, chances are you just inherited, especially if you have a family history.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think it's combination of stress, genes, foods you consume, and environment. The reason your 100 years old didn't have all gray hair is because life back then was less stress, foods are organic, little/no pollution, and good genes.
    I'm pretty sure living through WW2 would have been pretty stressful

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Sorry, but once again what you said does NOT even make sense again...My grandma was born in 1906 and went through a lot. Of course life back then was hard for her and everyone that lived in that era... I wonder if you ever think before you write/talk??

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    I'm pretty sure living through WW2 would have been pretty stressful
    WW2 is nothing compared to listening to R&B music.

I am not that old either (31), but I have a some grey creeping in at my temples. The grey hairs grow faster than the rest so I have to cut my hair more often than I did when I was in college. I am not vain about the grey, but I do feel stupid having a couple of hairs sticking out that are a lot longer than the rest.

I remember when I discovered my Dad dyed his hair. It was a little funny and a little sad at the same time. You always think your dad is to tough to get old, and if he did get old he would be too tough to care. He doesn't dye anymore, and that's the way it should be-- at least for him.

Missouri.slim

Quote Originally Posted by missouri.slim View Post
    I am not that old either (31), but I have a some grey creeping in at my temples. The grey hairs grow faster than the rest so I have to cut my hair more often than I did when I was in college. I am not vain about the grey, but I do feel stupid having a couple of hairs sticking out that are a lot longer than the rest.

I remember when I discovered my Dad dyed his hair. It was a little funny and a little sad at the same time. You always think your dad is to tough to get old, and if he did get old he would be too tough to care. He doesn't dye anymore, and that's the way it should be-- at least for him.

Missouri.slim
    Hey you are different from me... My gray hairs are usually shorter than my other hairs. They are sooo short that they stick up like they are asking to be plucked so I always pluck them. I don't want my gray hairs to be so noticeable since they stick up...

I have gray/white hair once every blue moon. Funny enough, everytime we talk about grey hair in my office, people always say I have thick, shiny, black hair. But then my big boss takes a look at my head, he ALWAYS finds one full-length white hair that I couldn't see before. After it happens few times, I refused to let him hovering above my head to take a look at my head, saying that everytime he does that, I grow a white hair.

And yeah, whenever I was told I have a white hair, I will pluck it ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    Hey you are different from me... My gray hairs are usually shorter than my other hairs. They are sooo short that they stick up like they are asking to be plucked so I always pluck them. I don't want my gray hairs to be so noticeable since they stick up...
    That's because you keep plucking it. So they are always shorter growing from the same follicle that lacks the dark colour.

For some reason gray ones tend to be more rigid than my dark ones.

Member of TC fanclub.

I had my first grey hair at age 10, its genetic in my family. Nowadays I'd pay my little niece (just so she can earn some money) once in a while to pluck out 100 grey hair or so. It feels nice actually but I heard by getting it plucked, it will grow more.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kadaw View Post
    I had my first grey hair at age 10, its genetic in my family. Nowadays I'd pay my little niece (just so she can earn some money) once in a while to pluck out 100 grey hair or so. It feels nice actually but I heard by getting it plucked, it will grow more.
    That's an old wives' tale. Pluck 1 => 2 grow back. This occurance can be explained by the fact that a new one maybe growing near the one you just plucked. So when the plucked one grow back, you notice there's another one of similar length near it. Get your niece to pluck away until she learns maccas pay better.

Member of TC fanclub.

Lol. I have short hair so its kinda tough for her, but she can do 100 in 20 to 25 minutes, which would take me for ever. Being a cheap uncle I am, I pay her 10 cents per grey hair heh, especially when knowing that she'll use the money to buy virtual gold at Gaia Online.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    That's an old wives' tale. Pluck 1 => 2 grow back. This occurance can be explained by the fact that a new one maybe growing near the one you just plucked. So when the plucked one grow back, you notice there's another one of similar length near it. Get your niece to pluck away until she learns maccas pay better.
    Yea, that is on old myth which I heard it not true. I just have to pluck my gray hairs since I have dark black hair.. Therefore, when I get a gray hair, everyone sees it...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kadaw View Post
    Lol. I have short hair so its kinda tough for her, but she can do 100 in 20 to 25 minutes, which would take me for ever. Being a cheap uncle I am, I pay her 10 cents per grey hair heh, especially when knowing that she'll use the money to buy virtual gold at Gaia Online.
    That brings back memories for me since my uncle's always paid my little cousins' to pluck his gray hairs. At times when my uncle did not have money, my little cousins would go to his car and empty out all of his change.So funny... I used to pluck gray hairs for my parents too, but I never charged them for it... It was my duty to make my parents happy...