Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2011-2012 Thread

You make a good analogy but I still think you're focusing on the wrong player. It's all on Lin not Melo, how the offense runs. To use your analogy of the Celtics Big 3, it's actually the FOURTH player who made everything work, Rajon Rondo, and after he became more confident he noticeably stopped deferring so much to Paul Pierce (who has a Melo type game), and started distributing the ball as he saw fit. It's all on Lin to run the offense from this point.

BTW, WTF was ESPN thinking last night?

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/02/18/l...s=iref:nbahpt2

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    You make a good analogy but I still think you're focusing on the wrong player. It's all on Lin not Melo, how the offense runs. To use your analogy of the Celtics Big 3, it's actually the FOURTH player who made everything work, Rajon Rondo, and after he became more confident he noticeably stopped deferring so much to Paul Pierce (who has a Melo type game), and started distributing the ball as he saw fit. It's all on Lin to run the offense from this point.
    That's not my point. If Melo acts all cancer like in the locker room because he isn't getting 30 shots a game, either
    1. Lin and all other players will be told to give Melo the ball more.
    2. They play as they are now, and Melo ruins that locker room.
    3. Melo accepts that he's not going to shoot 30 times a game.

My point is I think 1 or 2 is more likely to happen than 3.

Look at Denver before and after he left. That's the same story with NYKs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KeongJai View Post
    That's not my point. If Melo acts all cancer like in the locker room because he isn't getting 30 shots a game, either
    1. Lin and all other players will be told to give Melo the ball more.
    2. They play as they are now, and Melo ruins that locker room.
    3. Melo accepts that he's not going to shoot 30 times a game.

My point is I think 1 or 2 is more likely to happen than 3.

Look at Denver before and after he left. That's the same story with NYKs right now.
    I don't see Melo asking for the ball every game. If they go on several losing streaks or when the game is on the line then I can see him asking for the ball. Melo is a great scorer. Giving him the last shot isn't bad but Lin should decide if he should give him the ball or not. Lin is not a selfish guy. Melo ego will probably catch up to him come playoff time. He needs to first accept his role. The guy caused alot of trouble just to play in New York. I don't think he's willing to go anywhere for awhile. This is his first full year as a Knicks. He needs time to adapt. Once he does he needs to play defense and rebound, as well as Amare. If everyone gels together the Knicks can make some noise in the East. The Heat and Bulls will give them trouble come playoff time.

Adding J.R. Smith to the Knicks gives them an offensive weapon. The Knicks needs someone to back up Chandler, preferably one that can play defense and rebound well. It will be interesting to see Baron Davis return. He's decline but if he can play 10 minutes at a high level then the team would not have to worry about putting major mileage on Lin. If everyone accepts their role, the Knicks will be fun to watch. It's like the Suns v. 2.0.

The Knicks are fun to watch. Unfortunately for them, my Heat are even more fun to watch.....
    Maybe once Lin gets used to playing elite defenses he can cut down on his turnovers a bit. Hasn't
    happened as quickly as I thought it would. Interesting to see how he will do against Derrick Rose
    after the All-Star break.

Lin needs some serious work on his ball handling in the off season. The Heat exposed his weakness. Those turnovers are killing him and the team. I think his battle against Rose will be interesting but Rose will come out as the winner. IMO Rose is the top 3 point guards in the league right now. I wouldn't put Lin on my top 10 point guards in the league list right now. He's good but he needs some work.

His ball handling is not bad. The Heat are just athletic beasts that play fantastic defense, especially that game where they doubled him off a lot of picks. A point guard's turnovers are a byproduct of his whole team, not just in his ball handling skills. If they ran their PnR better (which admittedly is hard against the Heat) there would have been more and clearer passing lanes which leads to less turnovers.

I do agree that he is definitely not a top 5 point guard, but I think outside of the obvious few, many of the point guards are more or less on par with Lin depending on what teams they're playing that given week. Ranking pg's, I'd say numbers 7-15 or so are probably interchangeable.

Lin turnover has gone up but more importantly down since Melo came back. The team is still trying to work with each other. Lin emergence really change the team. I don't see them getting to the Finals this year at all. Hopefully next year the Knicks find another defensive big man. Chandler is important to that team.

Dwight needs to get out of Orlando. The team has been on a rapid decline. They lost a couple of big lead games. Ryan Anderson has been great but it's not enough to keep him around. There has been rumors of Orlando getting Monta Ellis but I don't think Dwight and Monta would work well together. The big question is where should he go? Nets might be the best option (as a free agent) if Deron decides to stay. I would love to see Deron and Dwight on the same team.

Right after coach resigns Melo decides to play better? Wth honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Right after coach resigns Melo decides to play better? Wth honestly...
    u on the linwagon?

melo didnt play better, he still taking volume jumpshops/3's, the blazers just played with like 20% effort today... they didnt even try
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    u on the linwagon?

melo didnt play better, he still taking volume jumpshops/3's, the blazers just played with like 20% effort today... they didnt even try
    I think any team that gets Carmelo Anthony is going to melt down sooner or later. The man can score points, but he's chemistry poison...not a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I think any team that gets Carmelo Anthony is going to melt down sooner or later. The man can score points, but he's chemistry poison...not a winner.
    The nuggets made the WCF in 09. I've never heard of any locker room problems with him. It's more just of a coach finding the right way to utilize him or the pieces placed around him.

Amare is out for the season and Lin is out for six weeks. If the Knicks make it to the playoffs they are going to lose in the first round.

I love watching Duncan and the Spurs play. Nothing flashy. Just great team basketball. I want to see them win another championship. There is still a chance they could win one more but it will be tough with all the competition in the West. Never doubt the Spurs.

If my Knicks make it to the finals i'll book a ticket to the states and come and see them play.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Grizzlies epic choke job for game 1...
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

That's gotta hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    Grizzlies epic choke job for game 1...
    I didn't believe it when I saw the box score this morning. I had to watch the highlights to believe it. I still think the Grizzlies can still beat the Clippers. The Grizzlies need to try and not get to confident with their lead. A big lead doesn't matter if you can't keep it.

Bynum had a crazy game. He has a great offensive and defensive game. He's the second best center in the league. It's possible that he could surpass D.Howard. D.Howard needs to improve on his offensive game in the off season. He has all the skills to have an excellent offensive game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
    I didn't believe it when I saw the box score this morning. I had to watch the highlights to believe it. I still think the Grizzlies can still beat the Clippers. The Grizzlies need to try and not get to confident with their lead. A big lead doesn't matter if you can't keep it.
    Memphis will still win, esp with caron butler's broken hand. They have the talent and pieces to take out SA, too. They just need to make sure their inexperience doesn't get the best of them (ie. melt down against clippers)
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    Memphis will still win, esp with caron butler's broken hand. They have the talent and pieces to take out SA, too. They just need to make sure their inexperience doesn't get the best of them (ie. melt down against clippers)
    Yeah...this will probably help the Grizzlies in the long run. It's good for them to get their lesson in humility in Game 1 of Round 1 instead of, say, an elimination game.

WTF Knicks??

Lets go Boston now in the East
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    WTF Knicks??

Lets go Boston now in the East
    Knicks never had a chance to begin with. Amare reach idiot status. The Knicks are stuck with him for three more years. There is a very good chance that the Knicks will get swept. Lin, Shampert, and Amare are out. Davis is having back problems. Chandler is battling the flu. Try again next year.