Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Well, she's always starring with much older actors. He is the same age as Jimmy Lin, right? LYF did TLBB with Jimmy when she was only 15, so I don't think age is the problem.
    right. i didn't mean that it was, i was just wondering what their physical age difference really is. but yeah, she was cute with jimmy too; he has such a baby face.
    i would be so happy if LYF and wallace actually collaborated on something together! they look cute

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i would be so happy if LYF and wallace actually collaborated on something together! they look cute
    I actually think Wallace Chung looks younger than Huang Xiaoming. His features are more boyish, whereas Xiaoming is a lot more chiselled and manly.

That's why Wallace Chung is and always will be my ideal Yang Guo.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I actually think Wallace Chung looks younger than Huang Xiaoming. His features are more boyish, whereas Xiaoming is a lot more chiselled and manly.

That's why Wallace Chung is and always will be my ideal Yang Guo.
    you know i was actually thinking that too? i don't know if wallace is actually younger/older than HXM, but he looks younger and that's all that matters! lol.

you know i was actually thinking that too? i don't know if wallace is actually younger/older than HXM, but he looks younger and that's all that matters! lol.
    I believe it's because Wallace has a young heart like Jimmy Lin, that's why he doesn't age much and looks young for his age. I saw him on Million Singer Show (Taiwan) and he's quite enthusiast about anything. He doesn't like hearing about how old he is and remains a free spirit. He does look a bit aged that day coz I think he's tired.

I think Wallace is older than HXM. He's 36 right? HXM is around 33/34 now. It's the aura which makes Wallace feel younger. When Wallace acts alongside actresses around his age, he usually looks younger than them as well, so casting co-stars in their 20s is a better choice for him when they need the gal to be younger than him in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Well, she's always starring with much older actors. He is the same age as Jimmy Lin, right? LYF did TLBB with Jimmy when she was only 15, so I don't think age is the problem.
    If that happens, I feel acting technique would be the problem. Even though LYF is a great XLN, anyone who isn't a good solid actress would feel awkward opposite Wallace's intense, into-the-role acting. It would look as if Wallace is acting by himself. Doesn't anyone think even alongside good actresses, those actresses still pale beside Wallace's acting, even though the actresses are really really pretty?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    If that happens, I feel acting technique would be the problem. Even though LYF is a great XLN, anyone who isn't a good solid actress would feel awkward opposite Wallace's intense, into-the-role acting. It would look as if Wallace is acting by himself. Doesn't anyone think even alongside good actresses, those actresses still pale beside Wallace's acting, even though the actresses are really really pretty?
    In Too Late To Say I Love You, I thought Li Xiao Ran did a pretty decent job acting opposite Wallace Chung as his love interest. I didn't think she was that pretty, but she shone in that drama, nonetheless, because she was able to hold her own against Wallace's intense acting. The only problem, in my opinion, was that she appeared too old next to Wallace's youthful looks. I know she is chronologically younger than Wallace in age, but she just appears older than he is. Even in the beginning parts of the series, with her bangs and curls, she still appeared slightly older than Wallace's Murong Feng...

Perhaps Wallace is just cursed to star alongside much younger (and hence, more inexperienced) actresses in order for his female costar to appear compatible with him, age-wise. One series that comes to mind is Ni Shui Han. In that series, Wallace Chung's rendition of the ambition-driven, villainous Gu Xi Zhao was phenomenal. In fact, I dare to say that he was so hot and intense in that drama that he made his evil Gu Xi Zhao much more popular among the ladies than Julian Cheung's heroic Qi Shao Shang. Song Jia played opposite Wallace Chung as the beautiful Fu Wan Qing. While she looked younger than Wallace Chung (because she is 6 years younger than he is) and was extremely beautiful as his lovely wife, she was...stiff. She paled against Wallace's acting. Good thing her character was supposed to be a beautiful vase, anyway... However, I think it would have been nice to see some solid acting from her, since her character was one of the reasons why Gu Xi Zhao relentlessly pursued the protagonist. Ambition and pride were, of course, the other reasons. Nonetheless, I feel that Fu Wan Qing was really the driving force that started Gu Xi Zhao on his ill-fated path.

By the way, is Wallace in Bu Bu Jing Xin? I lost track of his latest filming and would appreciate it if anyone knows his latest work. He was working on MV and concert earlier right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    By the way, is Wallace in Bu Bu Jing Xin? I lost track of his latest filming and would appreciate it if anyone knows his latest work. He was working on MV and concert earlier right?
    He was offered one of the two male leads in Bu Bu Jing Xin last August (initially the two male leads in Bu Bu weren't suppose to be that old...but Yuan Hong left Tangren in July). However, Wallace Chung's agent didn't want him to shave his head bcos of the upcoming launch of his new Cantopop album, filming of his MVs and preps for his concert. His schedule was only free in March 2011, but that's too long for Tangren to wait. Anyway, later they got in Kevin Cheng as 8th Prince, then Nicky Wu in to be 4th Prince - good for Tangren as these two will inject immense star power into Bu Bu.

It was hotly rumoured that Wallace Chung would be Lian Cheng in Qing Shi Huang Fei, but Lian Cheng turned out to be Wallace Huo instead, who probably fits with the role more than Wallace Chung. Anyway, Wallace Chung's not filming anything now as he's concentrating on music. He just launched his album on 6 Jan 2011. Here's the article about it:
    http://ent.ifeng.com/idolnews/hk/det...079345_0.shtml
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-17-11 at 01:52 AM.

^ i actually think wallace would've made a good villain! he could've been so hot in yan kuan's role...

^ i actually think wallace would've made a good villain! he could've been so hot in yan kuan's role...
    I read that after he turned down Bu Bu, he went on to accept a modern series called "No Choice" which has just been wrapped up (well, with a modern drama, he can keep his hair!).

Now he's totally in full swing promoting his album and music.

Yeah, he would have been cool as QiYou in Qing Shi Huang Fei. I'm pretty sure Ruby must have thought of him.

I guess it's possible to promote an album, film MVs, rehearse for a concert and film a series at the same time...but I guess not everyone wants a work schedule like Hu Ge's.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-17-11 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks for all the news on Wallace Chung, xiaolong. I've been waiting and waiting for another of his series to come out.

I've found something on tudou on the filming of Wallace Chung's upcoming No Choice.
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...61796131&cid=1
    Here's a trailer on No Choice
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...8&iid=61785719

I'm looking forward to No Choice, but I would have preferred him in a wuxia drama. He looks cool fighting with a sword.

I like Kevin Cheng. I'm probably one of the few people who like him. I agree that his acting needs improvement, but I think he's good looking. Nicky Wu's ok, but he just seems short to me for some reason. Although Kevin Cheng and Nicky Wu would inject a lot of star power into Bu Bu, I think, if Wallace Chung had accepted a role in Bu Bu, he would have been able to bring star power to the series, also. At least, I think Wallace Chung is more attractive male eye candy compared to Nicky Wu, but that's just my taste in men. Nicky Wu is decent-looking, I suppose.

By the way, who is the character Lian Cheng in Qing Shi Huang Fei? What is the series Qing Shi Huang Fei about? Was Wallace Chung offered the role but turned it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    By the way, who is the character Lian Cheng in Qing Shi Huang Fei? What is the series Qing Shi Huang Fei about? Was Wallace Chung offered the role but turned it down?
    Well, there wasn't any news about Ruby approaching Wallace Chung at all. Peter Ho and Wallace Chung are two of Ruby's BFFs, so she probably knows their schedules well. Peter is filming Tsui Hark's movie, Wallace's recording and launching his album, so likely she knew they won't be able to be in her series.

Qing Shi's been fraught with delays bcos of last minute changes in male cast. It was suppose to start filming in Dec, then delayed to mid-Jan 2011.

Here's the summary of the four male leads (all sharing equal billing) in Qing Shi:
    click to show/hide spoilers

THE KINGS
    QiYou (7th Prince) - Handsome, cunning, ruthless, masterful. The Prince of Qi, entangled in a power struggle between his father the King and Mother the Queen. He was raised believing that his mother never loved him, preferring his older brother the Crown Prince, and that his father had wanted him to ascend to his throne. So he secretly worked for his father against his mother and brother. He was subsequently betrayed by his father, who he later murdered and went into a power struggle with his brother to finally claim the throne. He also allowed for the Judgement/Murder of his mother, where she was murdered. He is brilliant in schemes often playing others for fools, however to his regret, damaged his relationship with FuYa, his only love with countless times of deceit and usury where she ends up distancing herself from him. Despite the dark side in his rise to power, FuYa describes him to be a great King, one that would reunify China and bring the warring Kingdoms into order.

LianCheng - Handsome, intelligent, virtuous. He is the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yu. FuYa's father had betrothed her to him when their kingdoms were forming an alliance, and he had been searching for her since she went missing after the rebellion in her Kingdom. He pledged to FuYa, if she would accept him, he vowed to restore her Kingdom. In an attempt to invade the Kingdom of Xia prematurely, his army was annihilated by QiYou's army, but FuYa secretly rescues him. After the defeat his King no longer sought an aggressive foreign policy, thus he usurped the throne, and became King of Xia. When FuYa left QiYou she returned to LianCheng, and his unwavering love for her finally touched her, and she married him.

LianXi - Handsome, cocky, calculating, competitive. A master in medicine, face changing and martial arts. He ran a secret organisation that was well respected and feared, always surrounded by a group of lady servants that attended to him. LianCheng's half brother, LianXi admired his older brother dearly. But he was the one to shoot the blind arrow aimed at QiYou which ended up taking his own brother's life. As FuYa described, LianXi had three pillars in life, his Mother, his Father, and his Brother, and now that all three were dead, she could not begin to imagine how terrifying he would become. Engulf with hatred, his rise to his brother's throne, signalled that QiYou had finally met his match.

HangMing - Handsome, faithful, reserved, FuYa's guardian angel. Commander of the Royal Guards, When FuYa went undercover for QiYou; she rescued HanMing during his attempt to assassinate the crown prince. Since then he had stood over her and repaid his debt to her many times over. He seemed to constantly be protecting her from QiYou's usury and deceit but at the same time, remaining loyal to QiYou, his master and King. However in the end he played the hand in her ultimate betrayal, planting the one lie that made FuYa leave QiYou and unintentionally involving QiYou and FuYa into an incident that tore them apart; There was yet another secret he withheld, and he was working to avenge his sister.

Yuan Hong gave up two of these roles, so one less hot guy in Qing Shi . Let's see how the unproven actors do.

But you are right...even though Ruby never approached Wallace Chung, his "absence" is keenly felt in all the Qing Shi tieba threads.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-17-11 at 09:46 AM.

Well, there wasn't any news about Ruby approaching Wallace Chung at all. Peter Ho and Wallace Chung are two of Ruby's BFFs, so she probably knows their schedules well. Peter is filming Tsui Hark's movie, Wallace's recording and launching his album, so likely she knew they won't be able to be in her series.
    I'm starting to suspect Ruby's been going for younger guys...

Peter and Wallace are older than her, so not invited to Qing Shi

Angry

Here's the summary of the four male leads (all sharing equal billing) in Qing Shi:

THE KINGS
    QiYou (7th Prince) - Handsome, cunning, ruthless, masterful. The Prince of Qi, entangled in a power struggle between his father the King and Mother the Queen. He was raised believing that his mother never loved him, preferring his older brother the Crown Prince, and that his father had wanted him to ascend to his throne. So he secretly worked for his father against his mother and brother. He was subsequently betrayed by his father, who he later murdered and went into a power struggle with his brother to finally claim the throne. He also allowed for the Judgement/Murder of his mother, where she was murdered. He is brilliant in schemes often playing others for fools, however to his regret, damaged his relationship with FuYa, his only love with countless times of deceit and usury where she ends up distancing herself from him. Despite the dark side in his rise to power, FuYa describes him to be a great King, one that would reunify China and bring the warring Kingdoms into order.

LianCheng - Handsome, intelligent, virtuous. He is the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Yu. FuYa's father had betrothed her to him when their kingdoms were forming an alliance, and he had been searching for her since she went missing after the rebellion in her Kingdom. He pledged to FuYa, if she would accept him, he vowed to restore her Kingdom. In an attempt to invade the Kingdom of Xia prematurely, his army was annihilated by QiYou's army, but FuYa secretly rescues him. After the defeat his King no longer sought an aggressive foreign policy, thus he usurped the throne, and became King of Xia. When FuYa left QiYou she returned to LianCheng, and his unwavering love for her finally touched her, and she married him.

LianXi - Handsome, cocky, calculating, competitive. A master in medicine, face changing and martial arts. He ran a secret organisation that was well respected and feared, always surrounded by a group of lady servants that attended to him. LianCheng's half brother, LianXi admired his older brother dearly. But he was the one to shoot the blind arrow aimed at QiYou which ended up taking his own brother's life. As FuYa described, LianXi had three pillars in life, his Mother, his Father, and his Brother, and now that all three were dead, she could not begin to imagine how terrifying he would become. Engulf with hatred, his rise to his brother's throne, signalled that QiYou had finally met his match.

HangMing - Handsome, faithful, reserved, FuYa's guardian angel. Commander of the Royal Guards, When FuYa went undercover for QiYou; she rescued HanMing during his attempt to assassinate the crown prince. Since then he had stood over her and repaid his debt to her many times over. He seemed to constantly be protecting her from QiYou's usury and deceit but at the same time, remaining loyal to QiYou, his master and King. However in the end he played the hand in her ultimate betrayal, planting the one lie that made FuYa leave QiYou and unintentionally involving QiYou and FuYa into an incident that tore them apart; There was yet another secret he withheld, and he was working to avenge his sister.
    i like how all the descriptions of the guys started with "Handsome." it sounds like just my kind of series! lol. and it's still such a pity YH gave up this series. he would've been awesome as either qiyou or lianxi, i think.
    but
    liancheng (wallace's character) dies? aww

Qing Shi's been fraught with delays bcos of last minute changes in male cast. It was suppose to start filming in Dec, then delayed to mid-Jan 2011.

THE KINGS

Yuan Hong gave up two of these roles, so one less hot guy in Qing Shi . Let's see how the unproven actors do.

But you are right...even though Ruby never approached Wallace Chung, his "absence" is keenly felt in all the Qing Shi tieba threads.
    Whoa! Thanks to xiaolong for posting up the descriptions of the four leading men in Qing Shi Huang Fei! After reading through the descriptions of the four leading men, I like QiYou and LianXi the most. QiYou just sounds so deliciously scheming and ruthless, yet with a soft spot for his lady love, that I now really, really wish Wallace Chung had been offered this role! After seeing Wallace Chung do wonders with the role of the villain Gu Xi Zhao in Ni Shui Han, I have the utmost faith that he would be able to play the role of QiYou to its highest level. Like I already mentioned in the Qing Shi Huang Fei thread, I think a great villain makes the difference between a mediocre series and great series. I think Wallace Chung could have been made Qing Shi Huang Fei a very memorable series if he were to tackle the role of the ultimate villain, QiYou. Too bad... Does anyone know what Wallace's upcoming series, No Choice, is about? The trailer I posted of No Choice doesn't offer much information. I hope he doesn't play some goody-goody, because I would much rather see him in roles like QiYou than in ones where he's the boring hero.

While QiYou sounds dangerous and ruthless, he also gives one the feeling that he is in tight control of everything around him. On the other hand, from the descriptions posted by xiaolong, I get the vibe that LianXi is like an angry loose cannon that only his parents and his older brother can control. Once free from the restraints of his family, he is like an armed tank with no driver... Scary... Yuan Hong would have been a perfect LianXi!

He just launched his album on 6 Jan 2011. Here's the article about it:
    To tell you the truth, I never thought much of Wallace Chung's singing. He's a memorable actor, but certainly not a memorable singer. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time he's taking on a solo 'live' concert right? - which is totally taking up all his time away from acting. Even Hu Ge doesn't take on a solo concert. I much rather Wallace took on Bu Bu Jing Xin than do this.
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-18-11 at 11:21 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    To tell you the truth, I never thought much of Wallace Chung's singing. He's a memorable actor, but certainly not a memorable singer. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time he's taking on a solo 'live' concert right? - which is totally taking up all his time away from acting. Even Hu Ge doesn't take on a solo concert. I much rather Wallace took on Bu Bu Jing Xin than do this.
    I completely agree! I would rather see him crank out more series than spend all this time preparing for a concert. I've seen some of his music videos on youtube, and while he always looks so so handsome and delicious in them, his songs aren't that memorable; the tunes just aren't that catchy. His voice is mediocre - not bad but not fantastic, either. Now with all that said, to be fair to him, I recently heard his OREA song on youtube and really liked that one, though. Plus, he's not a bad dancer and has a fair amount of charisma, so I think he does have a commanding stage presence, which is important in live concerts. But like kengyew said above, I would much rather see him free up more time to film series, like Ruby Lin's Qing Shi Huang Fei or even Bu Bu Jing Xin (not a fan of the Qing dynasty hair and costume).

Anyway, Wallace Chung's not filming anything now as he's concentrating on music. He just launched his album on 6 Jan 2011. Here's the article about it:
    Could anyone who reads Chinese be kind enough to tell me if the article says where Wallace is holding his concerts? Is it just one concert or a series of concerts? Is he, by chance, coming to California, USA? If yes, where in California and when???

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Could anyone who reads Chinese be kind enough to tell me if the article says where Wallace is holding his concerts? Is it just one concert or a series of concerts? Is he, by chance, coming to California, USA? If yes, where in California and when???
    nope, nothing about any concerts, sorry
    the article just basically talked about how he's putting out a new album after 6 years, and how he collaborated with jimmy lin, etc. it also mentions that orginally the producer actually wanted him to play dao ming si in taiwan's original meteor garden, but because he already signed a contract with some mainland series or something he refused. he said that he doesn't regret it though.
    which is good, cause i totally can not see him as dao mingsi.

Thanks, ChineseChik525 for letting me know what the article said. If Wallace Chung were to come to California for a concert, I would definitely go see him. I want to see how tall he is in person. He seems really tall in the series, where he still towers over his female costars even though the women have 3-4 inch heels on. I haven't seen Meteor Garden, so I have no clue who Dao Mingsi is. But from what you are saying, Dao doesn't sound like a cool character, anyway.