Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How has the current Financial Meltdown/Recession hurt you?

Quote Originally Posted by big master View Post
    im looking for product/project coordinator jobs in china. i can't seem to find one for expats these days huhuhu
    What kind of job is that? Sorry for asking since project/product coordinator sounds really general to me. What type of field is that in?? Mine is teaching English so there are plenty abroad....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    What kind of job is that? Sorry for asking since project/product coordinator sounds really general to me. What type of field is that in?? Mine is teaching English so there are plenty abroad....
    anything related to production. i used to work in a printing factory in guangdong teaching english in china requires native english speakers..im not a native speaker so its hard to find one...u in china?
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

anything related to production. i used to work in a printing factory in guangdong teaching english in china requires native english speakers..im not a native speaker so its hard to find one...u in china?
    Thanks for answering my question. Oh so the type of job that you are looking for is any printing production company type of job... No, I am in the US and I guess I would qualify because although I am asian, I was born and raised in America. I also have a masters in teaching English so I guess I qualify to teach English.A lot of my classmates were studying my program too but were not native speakers. Therefore, they don't really qualify to teach English overseas. But I do find it strange how they qualify to teach English here if they have experience.However, I can see that native speaking teachers are looked up more than they are. Are you in China? What kind of job are you doing now? How long ago did you work in China??
    Last edited by Trinie; 03-22-09 at 01:59 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Thanks for answering my question. Oh so the type of job that you are looking for is any printing production company type of job... No, I am in the US and I guess I would qualify because although I am asian, I was born and raised in America. I also have a masters in teaching English so I guess I qualify to teach English.A lot of my classmates were studying my program too but were not native speakers. Therefore, they don't really qualify to teach English overseas. But I do find it strange how they qualify to teach English here if they have experience.However, I can see that native speaking teachers are looked up more than they are. Are you in China? What kind of job are you doing now? How long ago did you work in China??
    nope, im not in china. i am chinese by blood but not residing in china. i have worked in china before because i found a job ad in the newspaper. i plan to work again in china but due to crisis, i cant see any job for overseas chinese right now
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

nope, im not in china. i am chinese by blood but not residing in china. i have worked in china before because i found a job ad in the newspaper. i plan to work again in china but due to crisis, i cant see any job for overseas chinese right now
    Where are you living now? How many years ago has it been since you worked in China?? What are you doing now?? Can't you work where you are at now? I can't because I have no experience so I have to go overseas. How much long do you think you need to wait? Can't you find any other job???

Where are you living now? How many years ago has it been since you worked in China?? What are you doing now?? Can't you work where you are at now? I can't because I have no experience so I have to go overseas. How much long do you think you need to wait? Can't you find any other job???
    i went back home last dec 2007. im working here right now in my motherland..its just that i prefer to stay n work overseas...so im still job hunting hehehe
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

i went back home last dec 2007. im working here right now in my motherland..its just that i prefer to stay n work overseas...so im still job hunting hehehe
    That is pretty recent. I am confused about which is your motherland... So are you in China? When you are working overseas, which country is that?? I have been job hunting for a long time so I know how that is. But my situation is not just because of the economic turndown. It is because I lack of job experience in my field. THerefore, going overseas is my only way to go.

why do u want to work abroad??by the way hows working in china?? i plan to work there also...

LOL - fishy coincidence - Small Master replying to Big Master LMAO...

I work for a small company (5 employees plus owners) that produces scenery for cruise ship shows, theatre and corporate events. We always go through cycles of being too busy and then struggling to make payroll, but last week everyone got laid off except for me. I was the first employee of the company so I caught a break, but if I don't sell a show soon, I will be out of work as well. It worries me because I have a two month old son. I feel for everyone who has lost his or her job, and I am intensely aware of the Sword of Damocles hovering overhead.

Missouri.slim

Paycheck cut. Lost one day of work. Increase tax, less spending. Then finally I lost my job altogether. Right now freeloading off my parents. Glad they don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    Paycheck cut. Lost one day of work. Increase tax, less spending. Then finally I lost my job altogether. Right now freeloading off my parents. Glad they don't mind.
    So sorry to hear that, but don't worry.. You are NOT alone in not having a job... Things will get better....

^Thanks. I hope missouri.slim doesn't lose his or her job.

Thanks for your thoughts. I will keep you in mine as well.

Missouri.slim

I feel sorry for you but don't feel bad about living off your parents. Love between parents and chidren is pretty much the only love that is unconditional and unlimited.

Me too.. I hope that he doesn't... Praying that he won't!

Thanks Trinie. I'll keep you in my thoughts, too. Everything will all work out sooner or later. It is all a matter of surviving until then. At least I hope so.

Missouri.slim

Quote Originally Posted by missouri.slim View Post
    Thanks Trinie. I'll keep you in my thoughts, too. Everything will all work out sooner or later. It is all a matter of surviving until then. At least I hope so.

Missouri.slim
    You are welcome and I know how you are feeling because I have been jobless too. Most people don't even know what I plan to do but keep on poking fun at me. Things will fall into place at the right time for you and all of us. That's what my friend told me and I believe it. I know we will all survive because life has its ups and downs as always. If we were able to live it through it before, then why can't we do it now???