Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Peak Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung vs. peak ROCH Gwok Jing

Default Peak Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung vs. peak ROCH Gwok Jing

Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung proved himself the greatest of the first generation of Greats at the First Mt. Hua Sword Tournament, and by the end of ROCH, Gwok Jing was conditionally the world's best martial artist (disputed, but not to the point that it is an impossible or even improbable claim).

So if Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung were to fight Gwok Jing at the latter's peak late in ROCH, which one would emerge as the "Greatest of Greats?"

If by "peak", you mean Wang Chongyang with 9Yin, then Guo Jing would stand no chance. WCY would know and be able to counter every move by Guo Jing from 9Yin, not to mention, I'm sure Wang Chongyang was quite familiar with 18 Dragon Palms. And left/right hand technique as well a Kong Ming Quan was based on Quanzhen Martial Arts.

ROCH Guo Jing and to me it's no contest. I'm of the camp that believes in Wang being somewhat inferior even to ROCH Greats.

If we go by LOCH accounts, where Wang is only marginally better than the LOCH Greats, then ROCH Guo Jing definitely wins.

If we go by ROCH accounts, where Wang is somehow still better than the ROCH Greats, then it's hard to say.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I think Guo Jing at his peak would be better than Wang Chongyang at his peak. At the 1st Wah Mt. summit, the 5 greats took 7 days to decide who the winner was. This suggests that they were somewhat equals and it took 7 days and nights to decide a winner. It is an established fact that ROCH greats are better than LOCH greats. Hence, Guo Jing, a ROCH great would at least be a notch above, if not significantly better than Wang Chongyang.

The result is not very clear, instead of GJ winning hands down due to ROCH/LOCH difference. I used to believe in the 2X-4X difference of ROCH/LOCH but I sense that Jinyong is trying to say something by repeating the age issue like more than ten times in ROCH.

I've made my point on how I think LOCH Greats were in fact better than ROCH Greats (or very marginally worse at best).

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    Wcy wins hands down!!
    You need to explain that hands down!!

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    The result is not very clear, instead of GJ winning hands down due to ROCH/LOCH difference. I used to believe in the 2X-4X difference of ROCH/LOCH but I sense that Jinyong is trying to say something by repeating the age issue like more than ten times in ROCH.

I've made my point on how I think LOCH Greats were in fact better than ROCH Greats (or very marginally worse at best).
    Which thread did you make that point? Can you point the thread out?

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=27266

I disagree with the view and replied a bunch in that thread, so I'm always glad for some new views on it.

Yeah do have look through the posts I made in that thread. It doesn't make sense that martial arts level moves relative to progression of story instead of age of characters. Ie, Wang Chongyang at age 70 is weaker than Huang Yaoshi at age 70?

YG beats both he is the greatest of all greats

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Yeah do have look through the posts I made in that thread. It doesn't make sense that martial arts level moves relative to progression of story instead of age of characters. Ie, Wang Chongyang at age 70 is weaker than Huang Yaoshi at age 70?
    We know age has nothing to do with it. Zhang Wuji reached Great more or less at 20, Yang Guo at 20-36, Guo Jing at 33-50, Zhang San Feng and the other Greats didn't reach it until even later most likely.

I remember you arguing about the plateau effect, but the existence of people like the XiaoYao Elders, Dongfong Bubai, Shi Potian who all trained their martial arts fair and square (i.e. no transferring like Duan Yu/Xu Zhu) means that there is no plateau, or at the very least it can be surpassed if one trains/improves correctly or differently. All the people I named I believe are clearly heads and shoulders above the Greats. You can throw in Dugu, Sweeper, and other ELOCs like Murong Longcheng, Huang Shang, etc if you wish, but we have no information on their training, just that they most likely surpassed the plateau.

I was referring to relative age with equal merit in training process. I should've made that clearer.

HYS has no upper hand in his training which logically allows him to surpass a 70 year old WCY when he's 70.

I made several threads on the plateau effect and the idea is that the Greats/Elite level is a plateau but not unsurpassable. One would need exceptional level martial arts (eg Shi Potian's MA, Xiaoyao Arts).

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    YG beats both he is the greatest of all greats
    Yg can suck Wcy's balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by goodrick View Post
    You need to explain that hands down!!
    In the book Zbt said had Wcy been still alive he would have pwnt Jinlun Fawang in 10 strokes.

In the book Zbt said had Wcy been still alive he would have pwnt Jinlun Fawang in 10 strokes.
    C'mon... ZBT obviously did not mean it.

Yg can suck Wcy's balls.

ZBT has the ZCS syndrom or ZCS has the ZBT syndrom: Not able to measure MA level of persons with great MA.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Like many people who post at SPCNet, ZBT was a hero-worshipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Like many people who post at SPCNet, ZBT was a hero-worshipper.
    Yourself included, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Yourself included, right?
    Who under heaven have I not criticized?