Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

I'm not really sure what's going on, but Wallace's fake boxing is hilarious.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CVCRc7Me79k/

tobeme - Oh, I forgot to mention that I think Wallace's three recent not-yet-released dramas were filmed sometime in late 2010 or in 2011. Not sure, though.

Lol yeah I just finished 'Too Late to say I Love You' but I skipped some parts because it was so sad that I kind of couldn't just sit still and finish it ): but overall, I loved it and was kind of glad that they had a happy ending together despite all that they've been through.

By The Way, I read some reviews on the novel and noticed that the novel had a sad ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Hey!!! Fancy seeing you here, Alice!!! Yay, one more Wallace Chung fan to talk to me! I knew if I kept on babbling to myself like an idiot, someone would finally notice and take pity on me!

Ok, seriously, I didn't think you'd start posting here so quickly. Are you done with your research? How is it coming along?

Initially, I fell in love with Wallace because he is so hot and handsome. But the more I find out about him, the more I realize that he's also a really nice guy, and I find kindness in a man much more attractive than just good looks. I also notice he's very kind and patient toward children, and I have a soft spot for men who are kind to kids.

Eeeee! Now that you are here, I can't help but nag at you one more time... Will you read my fanfics when you get a chance? At least, read the shorter of the two stories (the prequel, with Wallace in it) if you don't have too much time.
    Melanie, I'm done with one research paper but I have another one and plus all those response papers to write...OMG, fourth year is killing me. I have so much thing to read and analyze so I would probably postpone your fanfic for later enjoyable read. When I think of reading, my eyes become teary!!

I like Wallace first b/c of his humor, then his hair (in four knights), then his whole handsome face. The boxing clip is funny! Gentle with kids, humorous, kind, what else could a lady ask for in a husband?

Sorry Ruby, I'd be screaming Wallace's name too if I was holding your banner. Fangirls are fangirls. I'm sure your fanboys wouldn't do that!!

I wouldn't mind if he begins singing again (cue fanservice moments) but please don't stop filming.

Hiiiiii!!!!!! Mel!!!!I am so moved that u r so stick with Wallace. Lol. I am really busy with my school stuff recently and have no time to visit here. . Sorry.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    Lol yeah I just finished 'Too Late to say I Love You' but I skipped some parts because it was so sad that I kind of couldn't just sit still and finish it but overall, I loved it and was kind of glad that they had a happy ending together despite all that they've been through.

By The Way, I read some reviews on the novel and noticed that the novel had a sad ending...
    Haha. I am one of the few people who prefers the novel ending. It's not that I want poor Jingwan to die at that end, but I think the novel's ending has a much more significant impact. After everything that Murong Feng has done to Jingwan, it just reflects poorly on Jingwan's character and resolve if she goes back to his side and lives happily ever after with him. I would rather she be a strong woman and choose to leave him permanently, finding her own happiness with another more deserving man. I also think the novel's ending, where Jingwan kills herself in front of Murong Feng with the very gun he gave her to protect herself, is poetic justice for Murong Feng. In this very symbolic scene in the novel, Murong Feng essentially single-handedly kills the only woman he has ever loved. He deserves to live a long miserable life, suffering every day from the knowledge that he "killed" Jingwan with his selfishness. The drama's ending, while happy, was too idiotic, in a way. This man should live the rest of his life in regret, not find forgiveness and happiness with the woman he hurt so badly with his own selfishness and ambitions. With that said, I understand that the novel's Murong Feng and the drama's Murong Feng are quite different, as the drama's Murong Feng is not as hatable. Therefore, perhaps that is why most viewers still want him to have a happy ending. Besides, with Wallace Chung looking so hot and handsome in uniform, who wouldn't want to forgive him and see him happily holding the woman he loves?

Quote Originally Posted by alicechen View Post
    Melanie, I'm done with one research paper but I have another one and plus all those response papers to write...OMG, fourth year is killing me. I have so much thing to read and analyze so I would probably postpone your fanfic for later enjoyable read. When I think of reading, my eyes become teary!!
    Understood. If you do read my fanfic one day, please leave me a message. I live for reader messages, since I put so much effort into every chapter. Plus, since I'm in my "crazy for Wallace Chung" phase right now, I hunger to share my love for him through my writing with other fans. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he has very many English literate fans who want to read a Wallace Chung fanfic.

I like Wallace first b/c of his humor, then his hair (in four knights), then his whole handsome face. The boxing clip is funny! Gentle with kids, humorous, kind, what else could a lady ask for in a husband?
    I previously posted a clip here of Wallace interacting with two little boys about 7-8 years old. I think they're either his nephews or some friends' kids. He's so patient with them! He would certainly make a wonderful father some day. I think kids are more astute than we give them credit for. They can instinctively pick out the truly kind people. These boys in the clip love Wallace simply because he's such a kind person. I will try to find that clip and post it here again for you.

You're a big hair person, I can tell. I think his hair in Four Detectives was probably his best period drama hairstyle. From then on, his hairstyle went down the drain. I didn't particularly like his hair in Ni Shui Han, but his awesome screen presence somehow made his hair seem trivial as I was so drawn to his hot bad-boy character that, even with the curls, his seemed sexy and yummy!

Sorry Ruby, I'd be screaming Wallace's name too if I was holding your banner. Fangirls are fangirls. I'm sure your fanboys wouldn't do that!!
    If I were there, I probably wouldn't just limit myself to screaming out his name; I would probably tackle Wallace to the ground and hug him. I'm quite enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by cunqian li View Post
    Hiiiiii!!!!!! Mel!!!!I am so moved that u r so stick with Wallace. Lol. I am really busy with my school stuff recently and have no time to visit here. Sorry.....
    Hi, cunqian!!! You're back, even if it's just for a short while! I miss you! I really thought you had moved on to another actor and no longer love Wallace Chung! It's good to know you still love him as much as I do! How are your studies? I hope all is going well for you. Do you have any news about Wallace's No Choice drama? I keep waiting for it to come out, but so far, there is no news.

Found a new MV with Wallace Chung, Vicky Zhao, and Alec Su. I think it's pretty well-made and rather refreshing to see a Wallace Chung-Vicky Zhao pairing.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/tTSEckMbeJ8/

I'm not sure if I have posted this MV here before, but I love the song. It also has an assortment of beautiful and handsome stars, including Wallace Chung, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Will someone who reads Chinese kindly tell me what the Chinese poem in this poster means? Thank you for your help and time.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/5818/2e64721558a7d221972b43a.jpg')
    It is a Song poem of a famous poet from Song dynasty. It expressed his sorrow and nostalgia for his died wife.
    Basically, it meant:
    Ten years has pasted. I am still alive but you have already gone.
    I just can't stop missing you.

Thinking of your lonely tomb, who can i tell my sorrow with?
    Even if we encountered each other now, you probably can't recognize me.
    My face is blurred with dust and my hair is as white as snow.

I dreamed of you.
    You were making up in front of a window.
    We stared at each other, without a word but crying silently.

There is a place makes me feel heartbroken every year.
    That's the grace yard at twilight.

hiiiiiiiiiiii, everyone!!!!!!
    I bring some pix of Wallace's Shanghai concert. It is a great success. All the tickets have been sold and some fans even appeal of "stand tickets". And it is reported that there is no sponsor for this concert. It is all paid by Wallace himself. He confessed that he do that to fulfill his long-time dream to have his own concert and share his feelings and performance with his fans. A lot of his fans said that it was more a party than a concert.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f/tupian/pic/...061d950b7bf6f5

This is my favorate MV for Gu xizhao!!!!!!!!!!
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjUwMjQ3OTQw.html
    I really love the song.
    I used up my life-long time to miss you. It came like scattered blossom and faded like a thread of smoke .
    My dream lingered at the dessert above the clouds. The sands flied and filled the sky.
    Forgetting about the short life of human beings, we drank and danced under the moonlight.
    The flowers blooming on the sea are as white as snow. Just a few decades our youth shall perish.

The fresh breeze cannot understand me. I looked at the old book the papers of which are yellowed with age.
    The flesh in the dream shall be born and perish in a night.
    The flowers can bloom for a thousand year. No one care about the change that makes the ocean into a land. I sit alone and look at all these alone.
    A wisp of smile can look through the past thousand years. Do you folk ever know the things of heaven?
    All the old acquaintances are the same as the first glance.

I don't know if my translation makes sense. I think it is some philosophy of Buddhism, immortal soul and the ephemeral flesh, and the oxymoron about the short and the long.

Yeahh. Dudes, have a terrific thanksgiving day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for Wallace's Concert Pictures ~.~
    I can't believe he dyed his hair blond ;O

and Melaine (: you read the novel??? I wanted to read it too but I realized that my Chinese is not advanced enough ): haha However, the novel does sound appealing since it showed a different side of Wallace's character as Pei Ling. I sort of didn't like in the drama he was constantly being controlled by his wife though :/

It is a Song poem of a famous poet from Song dynasty. It expressed his sorrow and nostalgia for his died wife.
    Basically, it meant:
    Ten years has pasted. I am still alive but you have already gone.
    I just can't stop missing you.

Thinking of your lonely tomb, who can i tell my sorrow with?
    Even if we encountered each other now, you probably can't recognize me.
    My face is blurred with dust and my hair is as white as snow.

I dreamed of you.
    You were making up in front of a window.
    We stared at each other, without a word but crying silently.

There is a place makes me feel heartbroken every year.
    That's the grace yard at twilight.
    Thank you so much for translating the poem in the poster for me, cunqian! I keep hearing this poem recited in certain dramas and it sounds really sad but I never truly understand what it means until I read your translation. The poem is so sad, but it fits Gu Xi Zhao's love and yearning for his wife perfectly! When I think of Wallace's character Gu Xi Zhao, I feel so sad. He had so many ambitions and grand plans because he wanted to make a name for himself and make his wife proud of him, but in the end, he was left with nothing...

Also, thanks for the pics of Wallace's Shanghai concert. Did he have only one concert? So he has never held a concert ever before? But I thought he was a pretty popular singer in Taiwan from 1995-1999? I was quite shocked by his blond hair and mohawk at the concert. You know I'm a BIG Wallace Chung fan, but I don't like the blond hair or the mohawk. I'm old-fashioned and prefer Asian men with black short hair. I also don't like his outfits at the concert - too flamboyant for me. I prefer simple slacks, blazer, shirt. I prefer quiet elegance. But despite not liking his wardrobe and hair, I still love Wallace for his handsomeness, personality, and humor.

This is my favorate MV for Gu xizhao!!!!!!!!!!
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjUwMjQ3OTQw.html
    I really love the song.
    I used up my life-long time to miss you. It came like scattered blossom and faded like a thread of smoke .
    My dream lingered at the dessert above the clouds. The sands flied and filled the sky.
    Forgetting about the short life of human beings, we drank and danced under the moonlight.
    The flowers blooming on the sea are as white as snow. Just a few decades our youth shall perish.

The fresh breeze cannot understand me. I looked at the old book the papers of which are yellowed with age.
    The flesh in the dream shall be born and perish in a night.
    The flowers can bloom for a thousand year. No one care about the change that makes the ocean into a land. I sit alone and look at all these alone.
    A wisp of smile can look through the past thousand years. Do you folk ever know the things of heaven?
    All the old acquaintances are the same as the first glance.

I don't know if my translation makes sense. I think it is some philosophy of Buddhism, immortal soul and the ephemeral flesh, and the oxymoron about the short and the long.
    Again, thanks for the translation, cunqian! I often listen to songs and have no clue what the lyrics mean. Knowing the meaning of the lyrics makes the song so much more enjoyable.

Do you have any news about Wallace lately? Is he filming any more new dramas? Any of his dramas being aired on TV? Or is he holding more concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    Melaine (: you read the novel??? I wanted to read it too but I realized that my Chinese is not advanced enough ): haha However, the novel does sound appealing since it showed a different side of Wallace's character as Pei Ling. I sort of didn't like in the drama he was constantly being controlled by his wife though :/
    No, I haven't read the novel. I don't know how to read Chinese. I heard about what Murong Feng is like in the novel from JoleCole and other members in the Too Late To Say I Love You thread. I think there were some members who also liked the Murong Feng from the novel. Even though the novel Murong Feng is much more selfish, ambitious, and more of a jerk, he certainly sounds more intelligent and sly than the drama Murong Feng, which then makes the novel character infinitely more interesting to read about!

lol, actually i just don't like his outfits, it were kinda weird to me. But i really like his hair do!! Anyways, everyone has his or her own taste. :P
    As for the latest news, i think his Yi Chu Ji Fa and Tian ya ming yue dao are going to air soon, but i have no idea when.
    Also, there is a rumor that Wallace is going to act as a Tang dynasty business man who will have a love triangle with two girls(?) in a new drama. The reason why i called it a rumor is that Wallace haven't shown any response yet. Thought I am dying to see Wallace in Tang dynasty cloth, I really don't like the plot.

lol, actually i just don't like his outfits, it were kinda weird to me. But i really like his hair do!! Anyways, everyone has his or her own taste. :P
    Yea, I guess everyone has her own tastes! To me, the hair and the outfits were ghastly! I kept thinking, "Who dressed this poor man?" But Wallace can do no wrong in my eyes, so I still love him.

I prefer his hair (short and conservative) and style of dress in his modern/period dramas like King of Shanghai, Yi Chu Ji Fa, No Choice, Pu Ti Shu Xia. (Thumbsup for the wardrobe department there!) From old clips of Wallace in shows and events, I also prefer his style of dress back when he was in his early 30s - simple slacks and pullover shirt or T-shirt under a blazer or jacket. Nowadays, he wears more flamboyant outfits and I don't really like it. I hope he won't get his ear pierced! I would knock my forehead against the wall if he did that! I don't like men who wear jewelry, except for their wedding rings. Maybe I'll allow a simple necklace, but that's it! Anything beyond that makes them look like sissies! Leave the sparkling jewelry and long, flowing hair for the ladies, men! You guys work on pumping up your muscles...

As for the latest news, i think his Yi Chu Ji Fa and Tian ya ming yue dao are going to air soon, but i have no idea when.
    But what about his drama, No Choice? Isn't that going to air yet? I thought that was filmed before Yi Chi Ji Fa and Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao...

Also, there is a rumor that Wallace is going to act as a Tang dynasty business man who will have a love triangle with two girls(?) in a new drama. The reason why i called it a rumor is that Wallace haven't shown any response yet. Thought I am dying to see Wallace in Tang dynasty cloth, I really don't like the plot.
    To me, Wallace will look handsome in anything, even shirtless. But the plot on this Tang dynasty drama sounds kind of boring. I hope there's martial arts involved. I wish he would play a villain in a martial arts series again, like he did in Ni Shui Han! Or I would be happy with him playing a villain in a modern drama. I love villains!

Found another new MV! I'm a bit confused by the storyline in the MV, but Wallace sure looks handsome in uniform. Also, I spot Ruby Lin and Fan Bing Bing in the MV.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/XyMqzkc11hY/

Smile

Another new very well-made MV of Ruby Lin and Wallace Chung. I like the song in here.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/5i-BDVHH96Y/

Aww, Wallace looks so handsome at this promotion event with Ruby Lin for the movie Night Rose.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fHUh3S5EqLA/

Wow, Wallace looks really handsome on the red carpet. I like Ruby Lin's dress. I think they appeared together to promote their movie Night Rose in 2007.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/HTfDiSfF0UE/