Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1230

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Talking

Hi, Black Rose! I thought you shipped Wallace with SFF, but I guess you also independently ship Wallace now, too!

Quote Originally Posted by genna View Post
    I think this is hilarious...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/GennaFong/wallaceproportions.jpg')

Fans have concluded that Wallace is about 9 heads tall. lol, which means he has body proportions of an ideal/heroic figure: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_proportions
    Ha! It's hilarious! Aww, Wallace is so tall! He's so hot! 9 heads tall should equal hot and dreamy.

I don't know if you all have seen 不如跳舞, but you need to see these two excerpts! Wallace is such a cute drunk! And the scene in which Wallace is hanging outside the lingerie store is hilarious!

Seagd927 told me that Wallace is going to hold another concert, this time in Beijing, in April. Wow, I'm so glad for him, but does this mean he's not filming series anymore? And I hope he wears more conservative clothes this time. Those concert outfits just make me . Those feathers make him look like he's putting on a drag show. Sorry for being so blunt. I LOVE Wallace to bits. You girls know I do, but the clothes just have to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Ha! It's hilarious! Aww, Wallace is so tall! He's so hot! 9 heads tall should equal hot and dreamy.
    Awww, Wallace fans are so cute and creative.

LOVE Wallace to bits. You girls know I do, but the clothes just have to go!
    All the clothes, or just the feathers?
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    All the clothes, or just the feathers?
    All the clothes have to go. Maybe the feathers can stay in a strategic place.

Out of boredom, I went to dramawiki to check/update old series and just realized that WC was in Meteor Garden. If I'm not mistaken, he played that tall waiter guy whom Jerry Yan worked with in a fastfood (?)
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Out of boredom, I went to dramawiki to check/update old series and just realized that WC was in Meteor Garden. If I'm not mistaken, he played that tall waiter guy whom Jerry Yan worked with in a fastfood (?)
    Not sure... I do think he was in Meteor Garden. What was his character like?

Actually in Meteor Garden Wallace worked with Shancai in the restaurant near the beach. He was really cute with his broken Mandarin. lol, and they even gave him a little background story.

He first appears in episode 21 at 3:15 in this video...

He shows up until the middle of episode 22 part 3 ^^

Anyway, I hope after his concert in Beijing he'll pick up a drama to film soon!

Actually in Meteor Garden Wallace worked with Shancai in the restaurant near the beach. He was really cute with his broken Mandarin. lol, and they even gave him a little background story.

Is he that guy who was waiting for a girl (played by Xu Wei Lun) to come back? sorry the internet connection in the hotel I'm staying at isn't good so I can't watch the video (it won't load for me)

^ Yep yep, he was waiting for his girlfriend

I watched MG so many years ago, I didn't realize Wallace was in it until recently. lol

^ Yep yep, he was waiting for his girlfriend

I watched MG so many years ago, I didn't realize Wallace was in it until recently. lol
    I see... thanks.

Awww, he was so young back then! Not that I think he's old now... but you can definitely tell the difference.

And Melanie, I just watched some of the old videos you posted a while ago. He looks very charming in Ni Shui Han, even with the ridiculous curly hair. I think I'll go back and watch the cut version of the series. Can you give me a summary of what Ni Shui Han is about?

Awww, he was so young back then! Not that I think he's old now... but you can definitely tell the difference.
    He was adorable back then. Now, he's just hot and masculine.

And Melanie, I just watched some of the old videos you posted a while ago. He looks very charming in Ni Shui Han, even with the ridiculous curly hair. I think I'll go back and watch the cut version of the series. Can you give me a summary of what Ni Shui Han is about?
    Ok, I'll try my best with the synopsis, but I skipped over the boring, non-Wallace parts, so I may not have the complete story.

Ni Shui Han centered around a cat and mouse chase in which the antagonist, Gu Xi Zhao played by Wallace Chung, was the cat, and the protagonist, Qi Shao Shang played by Julian Cheung, was the mouse. On a chance encounter, Qi met a loyal general who asked him to protect an important sword, called the Ni Shui Han sword. The general unfortunately did not divulge to Qi why the sword was important. Qi accepted the sword and soon found himself the target of an assassin sent by the corrupt and evil Prime Minister Fu. Unaware that Gu Xi Zhao was an assassin sent to kill him and retrieve the Ni Shui Han sword, Qi initially befriended Gu, finding him very intelligent, capable, and heroic. Unfortunately, not long after, Gu revealed his true colors, and hence began the cat and mouse chase that spanned 40 episodes.

I found the first 2-3 episodes of the series rather artsy-fartsy and not really my cup of tea. However, once Gu revealed his true colors, the series got exciting. The entire chase was extremely exciting, with the very intelligent and resourceful Gu always almost accomplishing his mission of killing Qi, only to be thwarted by something or someone.

Wallace was the surprising underdog in this series. I don't think he was very popular or well-known back then when this series was made, but after the series aired, I heard that the tieba forums exploded with discussions of his character and of him. Even now, 7-8 years after the series aired, fans are still making new MVs of his Gu Xi Zhao character! He stole the show from Julian Cheung with his very impressive rendition of the very complex, very evil, and yet sympathetic villain, who craved fame, status, power, and yet in the end, realized too late that what he really wanted was to just simply be with his wife, to love her, to live with her in their little cottage. Because of his most impressive rendition of the suave yet extremely evil villain, all of Wallace's parts were exciting. Julian's parts, on the other hand, were boring and bland in comparison. And because Gu Xi Zhao's love affair with his wife was so bittersweet, they became the more popular couple, whereas Qi Shao Shang's love with his female lead took a backseat.

Character synopsis on Wallace's character, Gu Xi Zhao

Gu Xi Zhao was an intelligent and proud man from very humble origins. He met his wife, Fu Wan Xing, during one of his flying dagger performances in the marketplace (his way of panhandling for money). He was asking for a volunteer in the audience to be his target. Wan Qing, who was suffering from a broken heart at the time, agreed to be his dagger target, in hopes that Gu Xi Zhao would miss and kill her with one of his daggers. Of course, being the good martial artist that he was, he did not miss. Everyone in the audience clapped, very impressed with his flying dagger skill - everyone, that was, except for Fu Wan Qing. As Gu Xi Zhao rushed toward her, all smiles, she slapped him, asking him why he did not miss and kill her. As she ran off, he followed her, already besotted with her beauty and grace. He trailed after her from that day on, already in love with her. Eventually, he won her over with his persistence. They fell in love and married. But her family never truly accepted him, scorning his humble background, mocking him for even daring to love the extremely beautiful Prime Minister's only daughter, a young woman leagues above him in society. Proud, he vowed to not consummate the marriage until he could prove to Wan Qing and her family that he was worthy of marrying her, of loving her. He promised to make a name for himself in the martial arts world, to become someone with power and status. And hence, he turned evil, killing innocents at the bidding of his villainous father-in-law, in order to win his father-in-law's favor. Even when his wife begged him to stop his evil doings, he continued, believing it would be the only way to prove to everyone that he could be a suitable husband for the beautiful and rich Fu Wan Qing.

spoiler below!!!

Sadly, Gu Xi Zhao failed to understand that Wan Qing loved him, for richer or for poorer. To her, he was already a hero, as long as he lived as an honest and good person. When she committed suicide in the end, he finally realized, too late, that power and status were only empty prizes when the only person he loved most in the world was no longer by his side. He survived in the end, but his fate was probably worse than death, as he had to live on alone, in sorrow and regret, without his beloved Wan Qing.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    He was adorable back then. Now, he's just hot and masculine.

Ok, I'll try my best with the synopsis, but I skipped over the boring, non-Wallace parts, so I may not have the complete story.

Ni Shui Han centered around a cat and mouse chase in which the antagonist, Gu Xi Zhao played by Wallace Chung, was the cat, and the protagonist, Qi Shao Shang played by Julian Cheung, was the mouse. On a chance encounter, Qi met a loyal general who asked him to protect an important sword, called the Ni Shui Han sword. The general unfortunately did not divulge to Qi why the sword was important. Qi accepted the sword and soon found himself the target of an assassin sent by the corrupt and evil Prime Minister Fu. Unaware that Gu Xi Zhao was an assassin sent to kill him and retrieve the Ni Shui Han sword, Qi initially befriended Gu, finding him very intelligent, capable, and heroic. Unfortunately, not long after, Gu revealed his true colors, and hence began the cat and mouse chase that spanned 40 episodes.

I found the first 2-3 episodes of the series rather artsy-fartsy and not really my cup of tea. However, once Gu revealed his true colors, the series got exciting. The entire chase was extremely exciting, with the very intelligent and resourceful Gu always almost accomplishing his mission of killing Qi, only to be thwarted by something or someone.

Wallace was the surprising underdog in this series. I don't think he was very popular or well-known back then when this series was made, but after the series aired, I heard that the tieba forums exploded with discussions of his character and of him. Even now, 7-8 years after the series aired, fans are still making new MVs of his Gu Xi Zhao character! He stole the show from Julian Cheung with his very impressive rendition of the very complex, very evil, and yet sympathetic villain, who craved fame, status, power, and yet in the end, realized too late that what he really wanted was to just simply be with his wife, to love her, to live with her in their little cottage. Because of his most impressive rendition of the suave yet extremely evil villain, all of Wallace's parts were exciting. Julian's parts, on the other hand, were boring and bland in comparison. And because Gu Xi Zhao's love affair with his wife was so bittersweet, they became the more popular couple, whereas Qi Shao Shang's love with his female lead took a backseat.

Character synopsis on Wallace's character, Gu Xi Zhao

Gu Xi Zhao was an intelligent and proud man from very humble origins. He met his wife, Fu Wan Xing, during one of his flying dagger performances in the marketplace (his way of panhandling for money). He was asking for a volunteer in the audience to be his target. Wan Qing, who was suffering from a broken heart at the time, agreed to be his dagger target, in hopes that Gu Xi Zhao would miss and kill her with one of his daggers. Of course, being the good martial artist that he was, he did not miss. Everyone in the audience clapped, very impressed with his flying dagger skill - everyone, that was, except for Fu Wan Qing. As Gu Xi Zhao rushed toward her, all smiles, she slapped him, asking him why he did not miss and kill her. As she ran off, he followed her, already besotted with her beauty and grace. He trailed after her from that day on, already in love with her. Eventually, he won her over with his persistence. They fell in love and married. But her family never truly accepted him, scorning his humble background, mocking him for even daring to love the extremely beautiful Prime Minister's only daughter, a young woman leagues above him in society. Proud, he vowed to not consummate the marriage until he could prove to Wan Qing and her family that he was worthy of marrying her, of loving her. He promised to make a name for himself in the martial arts world, to become someone with power and status. And hence, he turned evil, killing innocents at the bidding of his villainous father-in-law, in order to win his father-in-law's favor. Even when his wife begged him to stop his evil doings, he continued, believing it would be the only way to prove to everyone that he could be a suitable husband for the beautiful and rich Fu Wan Qing.

spoiler below!!!

Sadly, Gu Xi Zhao failed to understand that Wan Qing loved him, for richer or for poorer. To her, he was already a hero, as long as he lived as an honest and good person. When she committed suicide in the end, he finally realized, too late, that power and status were only empty prizes when the only person he loved most in the world was no longer by his side. He survived in the end, but his fate was probably worse than death, as he had to live on alone, in sorrow and regret, without his beloved Wan Qing.
    Thanks for the detailed synopsis! I watched the first episode and it was full of wine drinking and music + sword practice and I wasn't terribly interested but I'll keep watching the Wallace parts. I like his demeanor when he's being evil.

I can't wait to see Wallace's wife! I'll come back to discuss when I've watched more.

Thanks for the detailed synopsis! I watched the first episode and it was full of wine drinking and music + sword practice and I wasn't terribly interested but I'll keep watching the Wallace parts. I like his demeanor when he's being evil.

I can't wait to see Wallace's wife! I'll come back to discuss when I've watched more.
    Yea, the first few episodes are quite artsy-fartsy. I didn't like them, either. Wallace is very hot when he's being evil.

Song Jia's acting was only very mediocre at best in this series, so don't expect a best actress of the year performance. However, there were a few very cute scenes between Song Jia and Wallace. My favorite scene was when Wan Qing, who had never cooked before in her life, told Gu Xi Zhao that she had already started learning how to pick out groceries and cook. She smiled shyly, saying that she was starting to feel like a wife. (Remember, they had not consummated the marriage yet.) And he replied teasingly that just knowing how to cook did not make her a wife. Innocently wide-eyed, she asked what would make her a wife. In response, he gave her a most suggestive smile without verbally saying anything. And she blushed so hard when she realized his meaning.

Not sure whether this poster has been posted here before. It's quite nice

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/940e6d24jw1dqzd779etqj.jpg')

A funny one

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/9b97a275tw1dpwa2nzw8fj.jpg')

I didn't know that Wallace was in Meteor Garden! He is so cute playing a "lunatic" and then trying to make excuses for his behavior hehehe His Mandarin is adorable! Gyahh! *melts*

^ haha ikr? He was adorable! My sister thought he was cute and funny too, even though she was watching MG for the first time a few weeks ago for her new obsession, Vic and Vanness rather than anything else.

Anyway, Wallace updated his weibo a few days ago and posted a picture (March 28th):

He was reminiscing the old times with his friends and classmates~
    xia0yuer, can you translate it? I don't want to butcher it >__<

打開門永遠比我早跨出去的是時間。每次老同學聚會,話題圍繞學生時期瘋狂行徑,說著當時風雲人物現在的意氣 風發,不怎麼用心學習卻用力頑皮的青春歲月,用最旺盛的記憶力,記住一張張自由自在的臉,不能忘懷,以至於 事隔二十年跨世紀同學會,仍能從照片中憶起熟悉的身影和種種趣事。這些年彷若那些天.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/GennaFong/8ad4b31c8701a18bc83ce2f49e2f07082938feb2.jpg')

Anyway, Wallace updated his weibo a few days ago and posted a picture (March 28th):

He was reminiscing the old times with his friends and classmates~
    xia0yuer, can you translate it? I don't want to butcher it >__<

打開門永遠比我早跨出去的是時間。每次老同學聚會,話題圍繞學生時期瘋狂行徑,說著當時風雲人物現在的意氣 風發,不怎麼用心學習卻用力頑皮的青春歲月,用最旺盛的記憶力,記住一張張自由自在的臉,不能忘懷,以至於 事隔二十年跨世紀同學會,仍能從照片中憶起熟悉的身影和種種趣事。這些年彷若那些天.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh162/GennaFong/8ad4b31c8701a18bc83ce2f49e2f07082938feb2.jpg')
    This took forever and a half to translate because it's in traditional...

The one always opening doors and leaving before I do is time. Whenever my old classmates get together, the topic of conversation always revolves around our reckless times as students. The man's, who was speaking at that time, enthusiasm and energy was not used to study, but was actually used to be mischievous in our youthful years. Using our vigorous memories, we remembered our most free and unrestrained expressions, we cannot forget what happened over twenty years ago; the alumni association that spans across two centuries, yet after looking at the pictures, we can still recall the familiar silhouettes and all sorts of interesting things. These years seem like those days.

And I can only make out the first three words on the picture: "It really is [ ]"

Is that a picture of Wallace as a child?!!!!

This took forever and a half to translate because it's in traditional...

The one always opening doors and leaving before I do is time. Whenever my old classmates get together, the topic of conversation always revolves around our reckless times as students. The man's, who was speaking at that time, enthusiasm and energy was not used to study, but was actually used to be mischievous in our youthful years. Using our vigorous memories, we remembered our most free and unrestrained expressions, we cannot forget what happened over twenty years ago; the alumni association that spans across two centuries, yet after looking at the pictures, we can still recall the familiar silhouettes and all sorts of interesting things. These years seem like those days.

And I can only make out the first three words on the picture: "It really is [ ]"

Is that a picture of Wallace as a child?!!!!
    Thanks for translating, xia0yuer! Although, I'm still not sure what Wallace said.