Page 70 of 250 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 5000

Thread: Random Thoughts II

so SICK of lazy people that count on you to do everything for them!

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    旂 - qí (2nd tone - flag, also a flag with bells in olden days)
    銨 - ǎn (3rd tone - ammonium)

It's quite awkward to pronounce.
    Thank you, Junny! Indeed, the pronunciation is awkward.

They are very unique characters, IMO.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    so SICK of lazy people that count on you to do everything for them!
    I can understand how you feel. Same shoes here.

To add oil into the fire, the assistant to you disappeared when you needed her help most. We have an argument this morning; her attitude is notorious!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I can understand how you feel. Same shoes here.

To add oil into the fire, the assistant to you disappeared when you needed her help most. We have an argument this morning; her attitude is notorious!
    Why don't you just fire her?

osama bin laden is dead!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    osama bin laden is dead!
    i think it''s sick that the americans are celebrating it. so he is dead but nothing has really changed in the "war"

Why don't you just fire her?
    It's either fire her, or I'll just leave the company. Let others feel how is it to work with her directly.

She has started to do her work and trying to change previously. But I guess the core attitude needs to be fixed. She is still the same, irresponsible, will disappear from work for her own things/reasons. She has a notorious manner, very prideful and extremely emotional. Every time when I wanted to take this up to my boss, things go quite ok so I thought just forget it. But I'm minded to get this over and done with after our great meeting with some important authority,

It's either fire her, or I'll just leave the company. Let others feel how is it to work with her directly.

She has started to do her work and trying to change previously. But I guess the core attitude needs to be fixed. She is still the same, irresponsible, will disappear from work for her own things/reasons. She has a notorious manner, very prideful and extremely emotional. Every time when I wanted to take this up to my boss, things go quite ok so I thought just forget it. But I'm minded to get this over and done with after our great meeting with some important authority,
    you should trade her with someone else. Unless she is hot LOL

Is it within your authority to fire her, or at least cause/influence her dismissal? If it is, consider using it.

Leave the company only for yourself and your own reasons, not because of a crappy colleague.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    osama bin laden is dead!
    Really? I didn't know they were the same person.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Why do you have to be the one leaving? If she's really that bad, then you need to do what's necessary to maintain your sanity...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

i think it''s sick that the americans are celebrating it. so he is dead but nothing has really changed in the "war"
    Nothing has changed in the war, but if your family was one of the victims on 9/11, won't you feel a darn lot better now that the guy responsible for all that is dead?

It's so abstract though. We're lead to believe he's the bad guy, and we're lead to believe he's dead. Most of us have never met him, but act as though we know so much about him, that we are affected on a personal level by his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    It's so abstract though. We're lead to believe he's the bad guy, and we're lead to believe he's dead. Most of us have never met him, but act as though we know so much about him, that we are affected on a personal level by his death.
    Certainly not a personal level...certainly not for me. Whether he's dead or not, the damage has been done. But this provides some form of closure for those who needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Nothing has changed in the war, but if your family was one of the victims on 9/11, won't you feel a darn lot better now that the guy responsible for all that is dead?
    This is like an never ending circle. Can you imagine how many innocent people the US have killed before and after 9/11!
    All they do in order to justify it is by called these people "terrorist" and that's what the strong part called the weaker part. Don't know why the americans have to put their nose in other countries affairs constantly and i suspect is not bc they want to help people but bc of financial ones...

This is like an never ending circle. Can you imagine how many innocent people the US have killed before and after 9/11!
    All they do in order to justify it is by called these people "terrorist" and that's what the strong part called the weaker part. Don't know why the americans have to put their nose in other countries affairs constantly and i suspect is not bc they want to help people but bc of financial ones...
    Nevermind about the Americans. How about the non-Americans the terrorists kill?

And so what if the Americans are butting in and helping people for financial reasons? Do you really think that's a good reason to kill people? Plus you have to remember, it's not like the terrorists killed the specific Americans who committed the initial wrongs, but civilians and people who just happened to be there. Is that right?

Simply put, you got a problem with Person A, you kill Person A. You don't kill B-Z who A doesn't even know. If you kill B-Z, it just looks like your problem with Person A is simply an excuse.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Thank you, Junny! Indeed, the pronunciation is awkward.

They are very unique characters, IMO.
    Well, 銨 is just the traditional script for 铵, while 旂 is a variant of 旗 (both mean the same and are pronounced the same). But it is very strange to use 銨 in a name.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    Well, 銨 is just the traditional script for 铵, while 旂 is a variant of 旗 (both mean the same and are pronounced the same). But it is very strange to use 銨 in a name.
    A few years ago, I had a student whose name had the characters 荧 and 锨, which basically meant "shiny" and "shovel" respectively. When we had our annual session on "What does your name mean and why did your parents name you so?", this student was understandably perplexed!

In the past 6 years, I have also had at least 4 students (whom I can recall off-hand) who had the same two-character (not 荧 and 锨, but something else) combination as their given name. All of them did poorly at school. Now, I cringe whenever I think of that particular two-character combination.

Most popular character for boys' names in my school: 俊.
    Most popular characters for girls' names in my school: 欣, 芷 and 萱 / 渲 / 暄.
    Three to four years ago, the character 轩 was popular for both boys and girls.
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 05-04-11 at 07:04 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi View Post
    A few years ago, I had a student whose name had the characters 荧 and 锨, which basically meant "shiny" and "shovel" respectively. When we had our annual session on "What does your name mean and why did your parents name you so?", this student was understandably perplexed!

In the past 6 years, I have also had at least 4 students (whom I can recall off-hand) who had the same two-character (not 荧 and 锨, but something else) combination as their given name. All of them did poorly at school. Now, I cringe whenever I think of that particular two-character combination.
    People who have these kind of names with unusual meanings most probably were named by an expert name giver according to their birthdate.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Some things, you need to do the hard way because it's a matter of principle.