Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    No, he's in it. He just doesn't appear in the 18min preview.
    oh. ok thanks for the info
    is the whole series out already?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    actually now that you mention it, wallace probably could've pulled off the wei xiao bao role pretty well! he looks cute naughty lol
    dunno how HXM wouldve done as a king though, i just cant imagine him in the role of kangxi
    I honestly think HXM is way over-rated. He may be younger than Wallace Chung and Jimmy Lin, but looks 10 years older than the both of them. HXM doesn't look like a YG to me. Wallace would have made a perfect YG with LYF's XLN. Jimmy had tons more chemistry with LYF compared to HXM too.

HXM's romance with Angelababy just hit a new low in my opinion of him.

Sorry, I digress. This thread is about Wallace, not HXM or Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I honestly think HXM is way over-rated. He may be younger than Wallace Chung and Jimmy Lin, but looks 10 years older than the both of them. HXM doesn't look like a YG to me. Wallace would have made a perfect YG with LYF's XLN. Jimmy had tons more chemistry with LYF compared to HXM too.

LOL well then i take it that you dont really like HXM. haha its okay
    i do think jimmy and LYF look really cute together though! although i cant really picture him as YG - he face looks too baby-ish for YG imo lol

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    Here I feel like I ought to do a little explaining. The author first wrote another story, called "Ju Sui" or "Ru Guo Zhe Yi Miao Mei You Yu Jian Ni" aka If I did not meet you this second (another stupid name they just had to use for publishing). This story is about Mu Rong Feng's son. SO in writing the prequel that was "Too late to say I love you", she didn't really have much of a choice for MuRong Feng's ending.
    Do you mean the son btw Murong Feng and Cheng Jinzhi? Coz I remember the child JW and MRF have together died at the end of the novel. I heard of the story 'Yu Sui', but didn't realize it came before Bi Zhou Chen. Is the leading male character like MRF? Personally, I don't like how MRF turned out at the end of the novel. He doesn't seem to stay in character compared to the rest of the story. I mean, he's cunning, but not without integrity. He has a lot of good qualities to his character, a legend and a hero but the ending made him seem like a real dictator.

In the series he is constantly falling into traps laid down by his enemies (JW's former fiancee, his own wife etc.) and according to the summaries he seems too love-struck and relies too much on others to make decisions. In the novel, it is true that he really mistreats JW towards the end, but that makes his character more interesting. In the novels, he's strong-willed, decisive, and commands a certain respect and fear. He is always the one in control, whereas in the series, I feel like he's been turned into a pawn of others.
    Yeah, I agree on this point. It's a bit disappointing that he's less than brilliant than he's supposed to be in the novel. In the novel, he's intimidating, formidable and always the winner, but in the series, he seemed to give in to circumstances too much and is not as cunning or as cautious.

There's one character I'm really interested in: Cheng Xinzhi. I like how he's always in the background, helping things along and being there for JW. Jingwan might have loved him, if not for MRF.

I look forward to Qi Fang's performance. She seemed to have great chemistry with Wallace, though he doesn't fall for her. They look good together.

Hey, LYZ maybe you could start a thread for this series in the Mainland series section so all of us could post our thoughts there. You're such a loyal supporter of the novel, the honour should fall on you.
    Last edited by Nefertari; 07-19-10 at 08:50 AM.

I feel HXM is a decent enough actor. His performances are not always good, sometimes exaggerated, but when the role fits him well, he's brilliant. He's one of the actors whom off-screen personality and character I really like, along with Jimmy, Huang Haibing and Ren Quan etc.

I like Wallace well enough, but not familiar enough to say he's a favourite actor of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I feel HXM is a decent enough actor. His performances are not always good, sometimes exaggerated, but when the role fits him well, he's brilliant. He's one of the actors whom off-screen personality and character I really like, along with Jimmy, Huang Haibing and Ren Quan etc.

I like Wallace well enough, but not familiar enough to say he's a favourite actor of mine.
    I did like his off-screen personality when he spoke about his unrequited love for Vicky Zhao and his appreciation for his parents' hard work in putting him through Beijing Film Academy as he came from a humble family background. I even thought he was decent in Shanghai Bund. But I cringed when I saw his YG in ROCH 2006. And I think him going for Angelababy is DUH? cheesy.

Oops! This thread is suppose to be about the wonderful Wallace!! I vote for the eternally youthful Wallace as my fantasy YG.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-23-10 at 11:51 AM.

I did like his off-screen personality when he spoke about his unrequited love for Vicky Zhao and his appreciation for his parents' hard work in putting him through Beijing Film Academy as he came from a humble family background. I even thought he was decent in Shanghai Bund. But I cringed when I saw his YG in ROCH 2006. And I think him going for Angelababy is DUH? cheesy.

Oops! This thread is suppose to be about the wonderful Wallace!! I vote for the eternally youthful Wallace as my fantasy YG.
    I have no idea who Angelababy is at all. From what you say, I don't think their relationship will last. He ought to go for personalities like Chen Zihan, Yang Mi or Shu Chang. More compatible.

I just started watching The Secret History of Kang Xi. I felt as if Wallace is the lead rather than Xia Yu's Kang Xi. Mine, Nalan Xingde has such a more likeable character than the insufferable Kang Xi. I wonder why they made Kang Xi to be put in a bad light. Xia Yu is charismatic, but his personality traits as Kang Xi disappoints people.

Nalan Xingde has all the good qualities of a protagonist.

Wallace Chung new MV. Jimmy Lin guest stars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMU0H85lHXo
    Last edited by ladycoco; 08-31-10 at 03:08 PM.

Smile

I just started watching The Secret History of Kang Xi. I felt as if Wallace is the lead rather than Xia Yu's Kang Xi. Mine, Nalan Xingde has such a more likeable character than the insufferable Kang Xi. I wonder why they made Kang Xi to be put in a bad light. Xia Yu is charismatic, but his personality traits as Kang Xi disappoints people.

Nalan Xingde has all the good qualities of a protagonist.
    I agree that Nalan seemed to be the leading man rather than Kang Xi. Nalan had quite a bit of screen time, was more reasonable personality-wise. Plus, like all male leads, he had all the women falling for him (esp Qing Ge Er). I did find it a bit strange and inconsistent that Nalan seemed so devoted to his childhood sweetheart and even rejected Qing Ge Er in the beginning. And then, wham! He was suddenly so in love with Qing Ge Er. Maybe my memory is faulty, since I did watch this series a while back... Anyway, Wallace Chung, in my opinion, appeared way more handsome than Xia Yu in Kang Xi Mi Shi. Not many men can still look handsome in the Ching dynasty costume and hair. Although, I still prefer Wallace Chung with a full head of hair.

ladycoco - Cool MV of Wallace Chung, by the way. He looks hot, as usual. I may be attacked by Jimmy Lin fans, but I'll be brave and say this anyway; I think Wallace Chung looks much hotter than Jimmy! Jimmy has this baby boy look. He's very cutesy. (Nothing wrong with being cute, by the way.) Wallace Chung, au contraire, simply is steaming hot and manly. I could be biased in Wallace's favor, though.

Smile

Just found these and couldn't resist posting them. Wallace is so hot!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ttbz8.com/%E6%98%8E%E6%98%9F%E5%A3%81%E7%BA%B8/%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E7%94%B7%E6%98%8E%E6%98%9F/%E9%92%9F%E6%B1%89%E8%89%AF/1280x1024/%E9%92%9F%E6%B1%89%E8%89%AF_003.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://muare1.vcmedia.vn/images/48/Wallace-Chung-04_1278586225.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ttbz8.com/%E6%98%8E%E6%98%9F%E5%A3%81%E7%BA%B8/%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E7%94%B7%E6%98%8E%E6%98%9F/%E9%92%9F%E6%B1%89%E8%89%AF/1280x720/%E9%92%9F%E6%B1%89%E8%89%AF_007.jpg')

Alright, just have to gush over this new pics Mel posted.

Initial reaction ---> Sweet Lord Almighty! (fans self) OMG! Lord have mercy!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tweety365 View Post
    Alright, just have to gush over this new pics Mel posted.

Initial reaction ---> Sweet Lord Almighty! (fans self) OMG! Lord have mercy!
    Thanks for drooling, tweety! I have actually never searched for Wallace's pictures online before. I just like to watch his parts in Ni Shui Han over and over again. However, I started searching online last night after seeing shirtless pics of Peter Ho in the LSS thread that ChineseChik525 posted. Then, I started to wonder what Wallace Chung looked like shirtless. I didn't think my search would yield any results but then I came across these pictures and nearly fell off my chair. The guy is already handsome and attractive with his shirt on, but with it off, he's downright lethal. So I thought I would share.

Incidentally, I notice that in the middle picture, he has a band aid on his left hand and gauze wrapped around his right hand with bloody stains. I wonder if those are deliberate details added in to further emphasize his "tough hunk" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Incidentally, I notice that in the middle picture, he has a band aid on his left hand and gauze wrapped around his right hand with bloody stains. I wonder if those are deliberate details added in to further emphasize his "tough hunk" look.
    you can refer to my post in the LSS thread for my reaction to these pics mel, i dont feel like popping my eyes out again lol.
    but anyway, i think those were details added in. how else would he get such serious injuries? its probably just to further emphasize the idea of the shoot.
    (those arms...)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    you can refer to my post in the LSS thread for my reaction to these pics mel, i dont feel like popping my eyes out again lol.

(those arms...)
    Yes, those arms... I would like to squeeze his biceps. I'm very touchy feely.

Anyway, I saw your comment in the LSS thread, but I am going to post my response to you here since this is the Wallace Chung thread. (I keep thinking someone will boot me out of LSS's thread for going off topic about Wallace Chung there. ) Your popping eyes were quite hilarious. Yes, I never knew he was hiding such a nicely muscled body underneath all those clothes. You know, in Ni Shui Han, I recall him wearing a ton of clothing. Although, I believe they were filming during very cold weather.

I agree that Nalan seemed to be the leading man rather than Kang Xi. Nalan had quite a bit of screen time, was more reasonable personality-wise. Plus, like all male leads, he had all the women falling for him (esp Qing Ge Er). I did find it a bit strange and inconsistent that Nalan seemed so devoted to his childhood sweetheart and even rejected Qing Ge Er in the beginning. And then, wham! He was suddenly so in love with Qing Ge Er. Maybe my memory is faulty, since I did watch this series a while back... Anyway, Wallace Chung, in my opinion, appeared way more handsome than Xia Yu in Kang Xi Mi Shi.
    No, your memory is not faulty. I feel the exact same way when I watched KXMS. In fact, I found the love for Qing Ge Er from all three guys (Kang Xi, Nalan and Second Prince) quite unconvincing. Kang Xi met Qing Ge Er in the garden once and proclaimed that she's the only woman he ever truly love in his life. I don't even remember how the Second Prince started to love Qing Ge Er aside from being matchmade with her.

And Nalan, I never felt he loved Qing Ge Er. He might have respected and admired her, but his feelings were only for his cousin.

Anyway, the only pairing I found compatible in the show was Nalan Xingde and Nala Hui-er. The others are just weird and appeared forced romances.

Talking about Jimmy Lin, he's so lucky to be getting married. He looks more like a man now. Found his life story really phenomenal and inspiring. How can one done so much and be loved so much by so many people in one life?

By the way, Wallace's new show Too Late to Say I Love You - 来不及说我爱你 has started airing in parts of China in the last week and has been at the top spot!

I still like him with shirt on - subtle manliness. He oozes a lot of poise with debonair shirts on.

Can't wait to see his role as Murong Feng.

Yes, those arms... I would like to squeeze his biceps. I'm very touchy feely.

Anyway, I saw your comment in the LSS thread, but I am going to post my response to you here since this is the Wallace Chung thread. (I keep thinking someone will boot me out of LSS's thread for going off topic about Wallace Chung there. ) Your popping eyes were quite hilarious. Yes, I never knew he was hiding such a nicely muscled body underneath all those clothes. You know, in Ni Shui Han, I recall him wearing a ton of clothing. Although, I believe they were filming during very cold weather.
    lol mel they do look like they would be nice to touch though..

aww haha i dont think anyone in the LSS thread is mean enough to do that, but i agree - we'll talk about wallace at the wallace thread
    i always think all the actors are actually wearing tons of clothes when they film wuxia/historical pieces, especially like Qing dynasty costumes. idk why, maybe they just look kinda bulky?

Great pics, Melanie! Wallace's six pack isn't as pronounced as some, but he's undeniably a hottie through and through.

It's great to hear that 来不及说我爱你 is doing well on the ratings front, Nefertari. Have you or anyone else started watching the show yet?

YES I HAVE! (Although that might have been expected.)

Somebody has uploaded the entire series onto youtube, nice high quality video. I find tudou to be a little slow sometimes, so youtube works much better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo.../0/yGjtIIQEwN4

It is really fantastic! Beautiful actors, wonderful costumes, props etc. At the moment it's doing astoundingly well on PPS, being the highest watched mainland drama and getting an amazing overall rating of 9.7. And it's only been showing on local TV as opposed to satellite TV.

I'm up to about episode 19 and the tragedy is about to start... It's quite faithful to the novel early on, but they have altered three supporting characters a lot: Cheng Jin Zhi (female no. 2), Xu Jian Zhang (male no. 2), Cheng Xin Zhi (male no. 3)

Wallace and Li Xiao Ran each portray their characters wonderfully, and they have great chemistry. I only wish Wallace's character would show more intelligence/cunningness in the series rather than other people just talking about it. Also, the writer really has made his characters a lot more honourable- he cares about and wants to fight for the people rather than simply to satisfy his own ambition. He also places a lot more value in love. In the book, whilst he loved Jing Wan, in the end, power was always more important. In the series however, he is a lot more faithful to love. In a way, this has weakened his character somewhat (as Nefertari and I were discussing earlier), and has made him seem like a less effective leader. It also makes their love story more trageic. But I guess that in order to suit the taste of the audience at large, these 'softening' changes were necessary. Most people (especially women) probably won't appreciate a male lead who betrays the female lead.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Do you mean the son btw Murong Feng and Cheng Jinzhi? Coz I remember the child JW and MRF have together died at the end of the novel. I heard of the story 'Yu Sui', but didn't realize it came before Bi Zhou Chen. Is the leading male character like MRF? Personally, I don't like how MRF turned out at the end of the novel. He doesn't seem to stay in character compared to the rest of the story. I mean, he's cunning, but not without integrity. He has a lot of good qualities to his character, a legend and a hero but the ending made him seem like a real dictator.

Yeah, I agree on this point. It's a bit disappointing that he's less than brilliant than he's supposed to be in the novel. In the novel, he's intimidating, formidable and always the winner, but in the series, he seemed to give in to circumstances too much and is not as cunning or as cautious.

There's one character I'm really interested in: Cheng Xinzhi. I like how he's always in the background, helping things along and being there for JW. Jingwan might have loved him, if not for MRF.

I look forward to Qi Fang's performance. She seemed to have great chemistry with Wallace, though he doesn't fall for her. They look good together.

Hey, LYZ maybe you could start a thread for this series in the Mainland series section so all of us could post our thoughts there. You're such a loyal supporter of the novel, the honour should fall on you.
    Thank you! I'm going to head over to the Mainland section to open a new thread right now.

And yes, Yu Sui (sorry I wrote it as Ju Sui, typo), is about MuRong Feng and Cheng Jin Zhi's son. He's actually their third child. I think MRF and CJZ end up having four children? Two daughters and an elder son. The elder son (Mu Rong Qing Yu) had a pretty tragic story too. He fell in love with a commoner girl, whom his mother subsequently killed. He soon afterwards died in a plane accident (he was a pilot in the army). This was because he made a vow to the girl: 我可以发誓,假若我不是当真喜欢你,就叫我从天上摔下来,摔得粉身碎骨.
    The short story is called 曾是惊鸿照影来.

Anyway, so Yu Sui is about the third son (Mu Rong Qing Feng), who believe or not, is even worse than his father. He falls in love and then marries a poor girl. He misunderstands that she doesn't love him, so he starts ignoring her and having an affair... But really she's just a very insecure and shy person, and whilst hurt by his actions, won't speak up about it. So he goes on to think that she doesn't even care, so he act's worse, and then she feels even more hopeless... and so on and so on. He's too proud to say or do anything and she has too much of an inferiority complex. It's basically a story about two people who are in love with each other, but because of their personalities are unable to communicate so continue to misunderstand each other, culminating in a very tragic ending. It's a pretty damn frustrating story to read.

Sorry I'm rambling in Wallace's thread. To make up for it, I shall add in a bit more Wallace news.

WALLACE HAS NOW OPENED A WEI-BO!!! (Wei bo= asian version of twitter). I think this is to promote his new album.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情