Page 45 of 114 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber 2018

BTW watching GMD now and the fights are quite pretty! I like the Ermei flying around on the candeliers one... it's actually a dance performance, just with the yitian sword!

Jinyong sure knows how to write his heroes... humble and amazing and able to think quickly to try to save the pride and lives of everyone he can while averting disaster for the Ming Sect!

Ohhh... ZM prettiness? I think Ady An is actually very pretty, but her acting came up short for me. I'll have to wait to see about this ZM. Prettiness is as much in movement and action as it is a static face!

Kitty Lai was amazing, I went back to watch a few clips of her as ZM today and she's so natural - happy, angry, upset, sly she was just 100% the role every minute ... she and Tony Leung were selling the chemistry like it was going out of fashion... whew!

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    They use contact lens because XZ isn't Han Chinese and is from Persia?
    Yes, she is 1/4 Persian and 3/4 Han Chinese. JinYong said she had blue eyes, porcelain skin and Wuji commented that she looked more beautiful than most Chinese girls.

Quote Originally Posted by aniking_8 View Post
    not a spoiler if you read the book or seen past adaptions, but the actor portrayal was off. i know his scheme was to forced him to become the leader since he genuine about the cult's future and I don't think the script will alter this. Anyway, right envoy and lion king actors are veteran and jin yong alumni. They're in so many of them. The age, timeline, and character interactions is still iffy like the cave scenes. He spend more time traveling than studying 9 yang. However, the show did justice in the sense of danger and you can sense lives are lost instead of disposable background events. Lion king and his master spend 40 years in frustration and revenge. A lot of time wasted. Everyone is so young. Yang xiao must be 16 like a guanyin virgin pupil then. Also, they made the cousin too pretty as well as the right envoy despite the real scenery and more authentic fighting + cgi vfx. You expect audiences to believe the lion king 's master is in his 80s. He's said 40 years ago and he should be in his 40 then. The cult leader was probably in his 60s given he's older generation and a huge age gap with his wife in the book i think.
    Yes, the Yang Xiao in the book is very smart and never scheming. He's always loyal to both sect leaders (YDT & ZWJ). He has very good organizational skills, albeit not charismatic enough to actually be a leader. Remember that during the time he's in command of Guangmingding, he never called himself "jiaozhu" even though he could easily have. He's almost relieved when ZWJ agreed to be jiaozhu because he would be freed from the huge responsibilities that he knew he wasn't capable off (ie. leading Mingjiao).

He's always by ZWJ's side in the most dangerous battles. He welcomes challenge and adversity instead of running away from it. Yang Xiao is the best second-in-command you could ask for: very capable but not good enough to usurp you.

Just watched the episode 29 trailer. https://youtu.be/yotxWhuXXjU

I’m betting this is going to be my favorite HSDS! Sorry, 1986 version, you had a good run. 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    BTW watching GMD now and the fights are quite pretty! I like the Ermei flying around on the candeliers one... it's actually a dance performance, just with the yitian sword!

Kitty Lai was amazing, I went back to watch a few clips of her as ZM today and she's so natural - happy, angry, upset, sly she was just 100% the role every minute ... she and Tony Leung were selling the chemistry like it was going out of fashion... whew!
    1. The Ermei and zwj fighting will be nicer if they zoom in. Though it may be quite difficult if they are indeed on the "high" ground.
    2. Yes, natural is the "correct" word. Kitty Lai is very natural in her acting. 2019 version zm (Chen Yu Qi)'s acting seems forced at times. Her face is at times tense. Need to see a few more episodes.
    But I like her because she is young and age-like as ZM (around 19-20 years).

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty Bob View Post
    Iirc, she bumps into the people Zhu Jiuzheng's cohorts (the ones who tried to scam young ZWJ saying XX was their savior) and forces them to tell her about the Island.
    Thanks. Now I remember. To add on, how did JHPP convince XX to leave? I remember it has something to do with zwj. That he is ill?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Thanks. Now I remember. To add on, how did JHPP convince XX to leave? I remember it has something to do with zwj. That he is ill?
    She promised to take him to zwj.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious219 View Post
    She promised to take him to zwj.
    Thanks, v_129.

Just wondering: Is there any series whereby they use same actress for Ji Xiaofu and Yang Buhui?

Yes, the TVB 2000 version has Joyce Tang played as both mom & daughter. That version had Gigi Lai as ZM, and Lawrence Ng as ZWJ, and Charmaine Sheh as ZZR.

Thanks, T_t.

I'm on the fence. This current adaption is faithful for the most part with more authentic fighting despite using cg, but it doesn't feel like video game. However, It still fall in the trap of eye candy teen romance. The age, disguises, and the supposed ugly, disfigured deform characters gets a pretty filter makeover.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zl7jZ...ndex=14&t=485s

I think 2000 version makes wuji showcases his ma more better n ost and cgi is more creative with each of the ma
    Last edited by Mido-Ban; 03-16-19 at 07:57 AM.

I cannot comment because i never watched 1986 series in full and other series.
    Supermodel-wise, this series win.
    Though I still prefer kitty lai and gyy.
    Find yin-li and perhaps xz in this series to be the best.

Anway, i have another question. Since the great shift manual is with zwj now, what happen to it in th end?

ZM and YBH really pretty

YLT not get JXF, get her son

Quote Originally Posted by Wezz13 View Post
    ZM and YBH really pretty

YLT not get JXF, get her son
    why son? not able to understand.

Wanted to post the trailer for Ep 30. But not able to find it on youtube anymore.

It's quite funny when zwj poke back zm's hairpin on top of her hair.
    Last edited by wkeej; 03-16-19 at 10:42 AM.

zm is quite lucky. Get to change dressing every episode.
    The rest including zwj have been wearing the same set of clothes. I thought xz supposed to make new ones for him. Should have given him to wear instead of need to "DHL" from Persia when she is back.

Questions to date:
    1. Isn't XZ locked in the room? If so, isn't she wandering when she met YBH and ZWJ?
    2. What happened to the "great shift" manual in the end?
    3. How did yx know the skill exhibited by zwj is nine yang?
    4. How did yin tianzheng know that their attacker (his son’s injury) is cheng kun?
    5. Have zwj treated wyx his illness?

Re: Sticking the hair pin into her hair

Ok, this actually got a reaction from fans and mostly it's WTF? I'd agree- he looks like he's using her like pin-cushion. And it was such a weird dismissive gesture.

Sigh, ok, I'm going to reserve my judgement about ZWJ/ZM in this version, I think they've done an amazing job selling ZWJ/ZZR in this version but they haven't sold me yet on my OTP. Actually mostly they haven't sold me yet on ZM. ZWJ and ZZR both are solid! [You don't know how hard that was to write. Trepidation... I have such high hopes!]

Post-script: I went back to the Baidu page and noticed that they now have (maybe they always had?) ZZR's character description listed 2nd after ZWJ's. Combine that with the more experienced actress, and I have a feeling that the idea of this series is that ZZR is the female lead. (In Chinese 女一 is first female aka, leading female actress in the show) Note that 女一 doesn't have end up with 男一, just the one with the most screentime/plot-relevance/character development. Case in point is XAJH with Joe Chen and Wallace Cheng where Joe was clearly 女一 but she was Dong Fang Bu Bai.
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-16-19 at 10:53 AM.