Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: God of thunder translations

Default God of thunder translations

*I apologize if the sentences don't flow together, I'm pretty busy this week so I didn't get to proof read it. ;-;*

----------------

A cliff reaching thousands of meters, decorated with small trees swaying in the strong winds, a man-made cliff flat and open, a small silhouette is seen to be basking in the afterglow of the sunlight, lazily hanging his feet on the edge of the cliff, unconsciously swaying it, seeming very lonely.

This is a man of his sixteens or seventeens, with a faint yet wide eyebrow, a pair of slender eyes, which seems as though he squints his eyes through habit, gives people the feeling of a young man in need of sleep. An slim outlined face, as though it has been sliced through with an axe, giving off a firm feeling, as he had not become a adult,he seems like a child, however with further inspection, one could feel the small presence of a man whom experienced many hardships.

"This world is really sadistic! Even the time is different, I don't even know how long had passed....3 years? Or 4? This place only has 2 seasons, summer.....winter....haizz.....I can't return anymore....."

The young man sighed again, and slammed his fist on the floor, staring at the fist mark on a blue rock, he smiled, to him, this world has nothing that makes him feel happy, other then strength, this weird place, devoid of any entertainment. Everyday, other than worrying about food, he has nothing else to do, this is the only meaning of life in this world for him.

gh pitched whistle sounded, the young man quickly stood up, and jumped along the top of the cliff, with an extraordinary speed, and reached a stone fort within seconds, a 7-8 meter fort which stood on the cliff with two big pillars supporting it.

This particular fort is very small, however yet sharp and long with it protruding through the cliff, supported by a wooden structure at the very top, on the floor was a hole with the length of about 3 meters and the width of 2 meters, one could see properly a tunnel heading downwards, a metal ladder on the side of it, installed with gigantic wheels.

A man with and impressive beard, saw the young man coming in and said "Feng, the hunters are back, your eyes are good, can you please go out and check if there's any problem?"

The young man nodded, with a hand holding on to the wheel he headed downwards, in front of him was a sea of darkness, suddenly his eyes shined out beams of fading silvery light, he smiled "Uncle Ke and his men has returned...hurry up and lower down the basket!"

Big beard reached his hand out and grabbed an hoop, pulling it, a huge tied basket appeared, two men started to turn the wheel, and lowering the basket.

The basket, about 3 meters long, with the width of 2 meters and a depth of 1.5 meters, specially made for transporting people or objects, is one of the 2 entrances to the tiger cliff castle, it only has 2 roads connecting to the outside world, and one is right here, the other is a tunnel behind the castle which is extremely hard to go to, which is why the people of the castle all uses the roped basket to travel.

Within the rope basket, sat two men and a pile of prey, the young men blinked once, and said " why are there only small animals Uncle Ke, isn't there any big guys?"

The basket only had wild rabbits, chickens and ducks and a few Zhen sheeps.

The Zhen sheeps is one of the main specialties here, it is a very small type of sheep, which loves various types of Soul Grass, the taste of the meat is considered as one of the best delicacies here, the only problem is it being too small with barely any meat, one Zhen sheep is equivalent to at most 10 kg of meet, which is slightly better then the wild chickens, ducks and rabbits when comparing the amount.

Uncle Ke laughed "Feng, we did kill a Baoya boar, which is about a few hundred kilos, the haul this time is already not bad, Feng, later head over my house to grab a pig leg, hehe"

Feng grinned ear to ear "sure, I'll send you home"

Everyone in Tiger cliff castle is a hunter, those that to grow yam and make cereals normally live in the valley, the young man, Feng is one of about 200 households, which consists of his grandpa and young sister however men don't normally farm, they ate obligated to hunt, as the population of people living in Tiger cliff castle is very small.

These few years wasn't a easy one, when he just woke up, little sis was just 3 years old, and grandpa was already too old to hunt, leaving the young Feng as the sole bread winner, at first Feng relied on harvesting wild fruits, and some hunters that pitted the family of three occasionally shared some meat, and that was how they painfully lived to this day, the people here were very friendly and helpful, within the neighborhoods, they helped each other, without these people, Feng would not have lived to this day

However, after this year's summer, Feng will have to prepare food for the winter, which is a huge responsibility for a young man of his age, he not only has to fend for himself, but for his grandpa and his young sister.

Uncle Ke, went down the basketry again, this time bringing back a 200+ Kg of the Baoya boar, the meat of this kind of boar have a rough texture, without any culinary skills, it would not be delicious, of course, Feng did not really care, as long as it's edible he will eat it. Ever since he's bee here, he never really felt full before, even though he eats large amount, he never felt full, he couldn't understand, why could he eat so much?

A few hunters and Feng laughed merrily as they walked back to the castle.

Tiger cliff castle was build on steep surroundings, with many barriers in its surroundings, the center was about 2 km radius, and had a empty plot for farming, the people in castle lived in the caves below the inner cliff, every household is entitled to a cave, there was natural and made made caves. A small cabin made of wood, during summer, people could live in he cabin, but in winter, everyone must enter the cave.

The shape of the castle is just like a plate, residents live in the plate, and the outside of the plate was a cliff, this was the natural fortress of the castle.

Which was why it quickly became a residential area when the humans found it.

……

Quickly walking home,Feng's hand was a large boar leg, and in his other was two wild chickens.

He reached the wooden fence surrounding his house, the house was built beside a cave, a young lady saw Feng's return and called out "brother, brother..." While running towards him.

With the coldness already starting to set in, the young lady wore a fur coat, the long fur swaying as she ran, she looked like a little furball rolling over here, Feng laughed "don't run...slower, slower" and squatted down, however with the meat in his hands, he couldn't reach out and hug her. (TL: 0.0)

The little lady charged into Feng's arms, hugging his neck, Feng stood up with the girl hanging off his neck giggling "Bro~ whose meat did you take now~"

Feng used his forehead to gently bump the girl's and laughed lovingly "Uncle Ke gave me some of his prey he caught today, hows grandpa?"

She giggled " grandpa went to boil salt and just came back"

Tiger cliff castle also had an unique specialty, there is a underground halogen salt mine, one could go underground to collect halogen salt water and after boiling, can last a household for a while, and one of the main reasons the residents of the castle could survive in such an environment and boiling salt is the normal chore for old people and women to do.

Contact between the outside world and tiger cliff castle is virtually impossible, problems must be settled by oneself, which caused Feng to feel unaccustomed, after a few years of torment, he gradually integrated into the lifestyle of these people.

The young lady continued to hang from Feng's neck, and the both of them chatted merrily as the walked to the small house, Feng shouted "grandpa, I'm home, look! Uncle gave us a front leg of a Baoya boar, which is about 15 kilos, enough for us to eat for a few days"

The little lady slided off Feng's body and ran towards the old men, hugging his arm as he squatted down, "grandpa, auntie Qing gave us a piece of bull leather, I kept it in the cave, it was a really pig piece, wait a few days, the leather armor would be completed and then bro can wear it! Hehe, grandpa, I'm really competent right!" She exclaimed with a face full of self compliment, causing Feng to laugh out loud.

"Haha, little sis is really reliable!"

Feng complimented her

The old man gently patted the head of the young lady, nodded and said "right, Yaoyao is the most reliable one in the house!"

The young lady beamed.

The leather armor is one of the necessities of a hunter, The leather armor's special shapes which is entirely hand- crafted from a variety of beast skins , lined with tough hide in the inner layer, is an locally produced armor made with bull skins as the main material.

Creation of the leather armor is really complicated, with a total of about 10 producers only, about 2 years ago, grandpa started to make it, and a large part was made with the help of the young lady, with two generation's worth of hard work, until recently it could be announced as about to be completed, because it was lacking a piece of bull leather.

This piece of armor is specially made for Feng to go out and hunt, for the hunters of tiger cliff castle, it is a must for the hunter to wear a piece of leather armor made from his family, a custom you may say. Once this armor is worn, Feng would finally be an hunter.

The leather armor need about 3 types of leather, a soft pelt for the first layer, which should have many holes the size of soy beans, not only must it be soft but also good for blocking out the cold, the middle layer would be the bull leather, and the outer layer is a pelt of a beast known as the Changmao bear. (TL: it is actually long haired brown hair but it's too long so I used the pinyin) During creation of the armor, the fur would be weaved together, creating a pattern. And after smearing a type of animal oil, it will not only become cold resistant but also an armor with high defense.
    ------------
    *my web Putttytranslations.wordpress.com*
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-06-15 at 08:22 AM.

Default title

thx putty for the chapter, plss translate the chapter title too...!!!

Thank you my lady^^

I'm going to post about 5-10 chapters here and the rest will be at my web, it's just a hassle to post twice ;-;

putty can you give a sypnosis for GOT????

Quote Originally Posted by Puttty View Post
    I'm going to post about 5-10 chapters here and the rest will be at my web, it's just a hassle to post twice ;-;
    Can i recommend putting your website in the signature or in the first post

Thanks for translating this. Seems like an interesting start.

btw, seem to be a few letters missing in some places like

gh pitched whistle sounded,

Yesh yesh, this was done in a rush. ;-; I had work. I'll do better works don't worry
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-07-15 at 05:15 AM.

No worries . This was good stuff

thanks alot for the chapter puttty

what is the title of this chapter?

I think the title is called "Thunder Seal"
    --=={Grundle}==--

Congratulations on a first chapter, Puttty!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

New Goddess has come that will take us to new journey with her God of Thunder....
    Thanks putty......
    GANBATTE....

Chapter 2 lightning stamp (2)

The old man said "Yaoyao, take this boar leg..to Auntie Qing." After someone had given you something, it was basic manners to show your gratitude, even though a Baoya boar meat is not worth much, but It was the thought behind it that counts, and the old man always makes sure to do so.

The little girl hesitated for a while, and a showed slight reluctance, however she still nodded "yes grandpa, I'll be on my way" even though she was only 6 years old, lifting a 15+ kilo boar leg was nothing to her.

As Feng watched his sister leave, he looked at the old man solemnly "grandpa, do you have something you want to say to me?"

The old man nodded, he was pleased by Feng's awareness of the situation "Feng, you are not a child anymore, furthermore 16 this year, you have been training since 6 and your foundation is good, however you need more training, I believe it is time for you to start practicing Lunli."

Feng did not know what to say, he have been here for about 3 years already, even as he practices archery and ways to throw punches effectively daily and trains his body, this is his first time hearing of Lunli, he asked "Lunli? What's that?"

He kept trying to understand this world, and the size of it, however he was and stuck on this cliff,where meeting people from the outside was impossible, and he could only stare at the sky and wonder about the world.

The only thing he could be sure of was that his place definitely wasn't the previous world he lived in, as every night, there would be 7 moons of different colors in the sky, and from that, he understood that this was a new world for him, and other than this, he knew not of anything much.

The old man replied "Lunli is a strange power that not everyone can learn, to learn it, you need potential and talent, and I had already tested your body when you were 6 you have sufficient for both, and that you can learn Lunli."

And Feng was once again speechless, he kept doubting himself and his knowledge of the unknown of this world, however the thing called Lunli...really has exceeded his imagination, he asked "Do the people in Tiger Cliff Castle have Lunli? Who are they?"

"No, only your parents and now you have it, and other than you, no living human here has. Of course, no one here knows of that you or your parents have Lunli"

Since his soul took over Feng's body, he have never met his 'parents' in this world, only did he met his grandfather and sister, and so he had not even the slightest idea of who they were, and so he replied simply "oh, I see"

"Don't underestimate Lunli, once you obtain the power to control it, not even the greatly feared cannibals living in the mountains will be of danger to you."

The cannibals are also human, but they had enormous strength from the since birth, the smallest sizes of cannibals are still at least 2 meters, with corse thick hair on their body, they are more beast than humans. In the mountains, they not only hunt animals, but also hunters and even cannibals of another tribe, and uses the bodies as meat sources, and they are the biggest enemies of hunters, as they posses intelligence.

"Wait here, I have something to give you." The old man walked into the cave and tapped the stone walls, and after a while he finally found what he was looking for. He then inserted a dagger into a crack in the wall, he pried it open and took something out.

With his gaze on the old man's hands, he asked "grandfather, what it this?"

The old man gently stroked the item in his hands for a while and handed it to Feng "this is a stamp, look for yourself" Feng was confused "stamp?" And looked at it closely.

A circular object, with the thickness of a finger, as big as a palm, a pitch black item with numerous silver lines with varying thickness that looked like the veins of a leaf, some as thin as a strand of hair and some as thick as a tooth pick. Even as though it was a small stamp a size of a palm, it was about 3 to 4 kg (TL: note in the bottom about the stamp)

"What a strange stamp!"

"Look at those silver lines, what does that remind you of?"

Feng looked closely and answered "It's like the veins of a leaf, no, like lighting" he suddenly remembered an image from his previous world, however, there was too much lines, and it did not really seem like a picture of a lightning.

The old man smiled, "not bad, this is a lightning stamp! And your Lunli attribute is lightning, and you can train in the lightning aspect of Lunli.

With the stamp in his hands, he called out "ah, no wonder my hands feel numb"

Right after he had spoken, a trace of light appeared on the lightning stamp, Feng wasn't the native of this land, who knew little of lighting, in his past life he knew that electricity was a thing that could kill, and he hurriedly raised his hand to throw it.

"Don't move! Don't loosen your grip, the lightning stamp is activating your Lunli!"

Feng lived with the old man for 3 years, and had already accepted him as family and as his elder, and so he suppressed his anxiety and tightly held on to the stamp.

Feng's head started to hurt as the stamp started to emit a slight crackling noise "grandfather, is this safe? Ah, pa..pain!"

The old man stared at the hands of Feng "don't be afraid, steady! Steady! Remember, don't loosen your grip!"

Feng didn't dare to fling the stamp away, he could only grit his teeth and tightly hold on to it, along with the slight crackling noise, the stamp emitted flashes of light which entered Feng's body, that numbing feeling, let him feel very uncomfortable, he stuttered "grand.....grand....grandpa......when....when can....this......this end?"

"There's still a long way to go, don't let go"

With the flashes of lightning, Feng's hair, which was to his shoulders, all stood up, the feeling of holding on the the stamp was not comfortable at all.

"brother! What's....what's happening?" After coming in and seeing such a sight, she could not help to not call out.

"Don't touch your brother! Come to grandpa! Don't touch him!"

The face of the girl was entirely white, seeing her brother in the state whereas his hair stood up, looking like his head grew a few times, she ran towards her grandfather, crying "grandpa, what's with bro?" She was brought up by Feng and the relationship between them was very deep, seeing her brother in this strange state brought uneasiness to her heart.

The old man hugged the girl and softly said " don't disturb your brother, just keep watching, your brother is fine!"

The sound of the crackling increased.

Feng's stood in the middle of the small house, his body shaking non stop stimulated by the electricity, his face as red as a tomato as if he's being roasted,

He finally could not hold on anymore and hoarsely called out "cannot....cannot hold on anymore....I....cannot hold it anymore....I..."

"Don't fling it....you can release your grip!"

Feng immediately released his hands, however, the stamp did not drop as expected but instead hanged in front of his chest, giving out uncountable shocks of electric, like a web, covering Feng's body.

Yaoyao bit her nails and shouted "it... It's shining......so strange...." With tears flowing down her face non stop.

"Hold on! Don't be afraid, you won't die!"

Suddenly, Feng stared to move

Following the stamp rotating around his body, Feng also moved. However he did not move out of his will, but it was the shocks of electricity that pushed his body to move.

Yaoyao stopped crying, as the sight before her was too strange, seeing as Feng raised his hands and feet and shook his body and twitching non stop, that strange sight cause her to watch in shock "grandpa.....what's with brother....he...he looks like his dancing..."

"That's right! This is called lightning dance!"

In Feng's heart he cried "this shit...is called what? Lightning dance? Convulsion dance is more accurate! I, I can't even ****ing control my body!"

A big split, followed by a twirl, one foot on the ground , one foot pointing to the sky, the body twisting out of shape , a lightning strike of a finger thickness,hits Feng in the lower back, followed by 7 twirls. (TL: ballerina)

Feng could not even cry out, as even his mouth was numb, he danced the strange lightning dance.

Yaoyao almost bit off her nail "wow, brother is so awesome...."

Feng once more cried in his heart "awesome? Shit is more accurate, brother is being hit by lightning, it's forcing me to do all this, it wants my life!"

As Feng danced, a strange flow of power was circling in his body, his body became stronger as he gave birth to a strange power, Feng understood in his mind, perhaps this is Lunli.

The stamp's shape was already long gone, it was like a shining sun, giving of rays of light that hurts the eyes of people that saw it, causing the old man and Yaoyao to squint their eyes.

Followed by the sound of a thunder bolt, the stamp pierced into Feng's chest, disappearing into his body.

Bang!

Feng's legs finally gave way, and as he lay on the floor, panting non stop the web of light disappeared.

The old man was shocked, he did not expect that the stamp would actually enter Feng's body, he nervously checked Feng, and after confirming it was face, he let out a breath " you little rascal, I didn't expect your compatibility was so high, your level of compatibility is really terrifying"

Feng smiled bitterly " grandfather, my body is too numbed, I cannot move anymore!"

*the stamp, is like a small stone carved with words, or a picture! throw this word 卬 into google and there will be some photos of it *
    Last edited by Puttty; 02-07-15 at 05:30 AM.

Putty, thks for another translation ... what is the Chinese title for this novel?

I can already see myself loving this novel. Thank you so much for translating it, Puttty!

Thanks for translating!People say that his power ups are acquired too easily,what is your opinion?

Red face

1) 霸天雷神
    2) I dunno >< haven't read it past the 2 chapter XD

thanks puttty

Quote Originally Posted by Puttty View Post
    1) 霸天雷神
    2) I dunno >< haven't read it past the 2 chapter XD
    Thks. ..........