Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HSDS quick questions

Default HSDS quick questions

how powerful were the people in the ming cult compared to the rest of the 6 "good" sects.

like other than z3f + zhang wu ji, is yeung siew + the guy with the messed up face that has the same title as yeung siew the best out of the 7 sects?

also was the vampire guy in the ming cult same level as yeung siew?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

no the yeung bros probably had the two best martial arts.. i mean they could both single-handedly take out the yuen min bros and even Yeun San.. They are probably even better than the greater protection lord... although you could say that The white eagle king has the most internal energy.. he's old lol, and the golden lion king would be ranked # 4 in the list (not including the Ming leader).

The ranks that the novels gives you is bullshyt... Gold Flower Grandma was ranked #1 out of the protection lords.. but her martial arts isn't THAT great, so yea..the vampire guy is probably tied with goldeen lion king or better cuz of his "lightness kungfu"

i think yang xiu, fan yao, 4 kings (besides the bat king, his martial art is not that good, he's only credited for his good Hing Gong) are in the same levels with shaolin kong generations (besides kong jian), the 7 wudang (7 wudang improved greatly after taichi was invented), and Ngor Mei headmaster

kwun lun, Hon dong headmasters belongs to second rate fighters

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller
    no the yeung bros probably had the two best martial arts.. i mean they could both single-handedly take out the yuen min bros and even Yeun San.. They are probably even better than the greater protection lord... although you could say that The white eagle king has the most internal energy.. he's old lol, and the golden lion king would be ranked # 4 in the list (not including the Ming leader).

The ranks that the novels gives you is bullshyt... Gold Flower Grandma was ranked #1 out of the protection lords.. but her martial arts isn't THAT great, so yea..the vampire guy is probably tied with goldeen lion king or better cuz of his "lightness kungfu"

I'm guessing you watched TVB's crappy HSDS 2000. You're wrong... quite wrong. Yeung Siew got pwned by one of the Yuan Ming elders. Fang Yiu had no confidence whatsoever in defeating one of the Yuan Ming elders (can't remember which one). Neither Yeung Siew or Fan Yiu (the two Ming Sect left/right heralds) are on even par with the Yuan Ming elders. There weren't too many guys in HSDS who could match or overcome the Yuan Ming elders and Yeung Siew and Fang Yiu aren't those few guys. TVB's HSDS made them both defeat the two elders by themselves, which is pretty much BS cause Yeung Siew couldn't even match palms with that elder even though he was only at 20% after palming CMK.

I don't know where you're getting your information, but I'm pretty sure it's not from the novels cause Golden Granny Flower is not weak at all. She's on par with the other 3 protection lords. The Bat king would actually be the weakest of the four, but his hing kung makes up for it. And why are you not going by the novels' ways of doing things cause all these tv adaptations are base on the novel and they're base on JY so we should all go by the novel. If you want to go by the tv adaptations, then state so and state which one cause people are going to be mislead if you don't. Cheers.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

The Left/Right Heralds of Light (Yeung Siu and Fan Yiu respectively) were the two best fighters in the Ming Cult other than Cult Leaders such as Yeung Ding Teen and Cheung Mo Gei. Better than the Heralds were the Dao Generation Shaolin Elders, Sing Kwun, and the Yeun Ming Elders. At their level were the Hung Generation Shaolin monks.

Just below that (and not by far) were three of the four Guardian Lords: Golden Haired Lion King Tse Tsun, White Browed Eagle King Yan Teen Sing, and Purple Robed Dragon King Dor Yee See/Granny Golden Flower. At their level were the best of the Mo Dong 7 Heroes (Yu Lin Chou and Sung Yeun Kiu) and possibly guys such as Ah Dai, Ah 2, and Ah 3.

Green Winged Bat King Wai 1 Siu was weaker than his comrades overall, but his superior hing gung skills made up for it. Yan Yeh Wong, the son of Yan Teen Sing and father of Yan Lei/Chu Yee, was probably also at this level. Yan Yeh Wong was able to match palms with Mo Dong Hero # 3 Yu Doi Nam, so I figure that Wai 1 Siu and Yan Yeh Wong must be on the same tier as the mid-level Mo Dong Heroes.

After that come Can't Say Monk, Pang the Monk, Chow Deen, the Iron Crown Taoist, and Lang Him, who might be at the level of the Kunlun Sect and Hung Dung Sect leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    The Left/Right Heralds of Light (Yeung Siu and Fan Yiu respectively) were the two best fighters in the Ming Cult other than Cult Leaders such as Yeung Ding Teen and Cheung Mo Gei. Better than them were the Dao Generation Shaolin Elders, Sing Kwun, and the Yeun Ming Elders. At their level were the Hung Generation Shaolin monks.
    There is no evidence of the left/right guys being the most powerful Ming Sect fighters not name CMK or YDT. They could be weaker than the 4 lords, but most likely are on par with them (at least the three of them).

Green Winged Bat King Wai 1 Siu was weaker than his comrades overall, but his superior hing gung skills made up for it. Yan Teen Sing, the son of Yan Yeh Wong and father of Yan Lei/Chu Yee, was probably also at this level. Yan Yeh Wong was able to match palms with Mo Dong Hero # 3 Yu Doi Nam, so I figure that Wai 1 Siu and Yan Yeh Wong must be on the same tier as the mid-level Mo Dong Heroes.

After that come Can't Say Monk, Pang the Monk, Chow Deen, the Iron Crown Taoist, and Lang Him, who might be at the level of the Kunlun Sect and Hung Dung Sect leaders.
    Yan Yeh Wong matching palms with the 3rd Mo Dong brother is irrelevant cause that was a long time ago and we are judging fighters at their peaks. One progessed in kung fu and the other got paralyzed. The Mo Dong elders all kind of progressed over time and Cheung Chu Shan might've been the weakest (not counting the third brother) and probably was after spending many years on the island not really training. Song Yuan Qiu should be on par with the Golden Lion King, if not more powerful cause after what CCS witnessed from his eldest brother after the many years seperation, he was sure that SYQ is no weaker than Xie Xuan. The 4th brother was basically able to tie Bak Mei Ying Wong and the 7th brother had better techniques than Bak Mei Ying Wong, but lost the fight due to lack of overall qualities. So, you can basically say the 5 Mo Dong brothers were on par with the 6 top fighters of the Ming Sect, not named CMK or YDT.
    青山不改,绿水长留. 请啊!

http://www.geocities.com/wackyjlee/Others/lee.swf <----Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee version) kicking arse

ZWJ/Z3F
    YDT?
    Du Monks
    KJ
    XM elders, CK, FDB
    Ah 2, Ah 3
    FY, YX, YDT, Golden granny, blind lion, Kong monks, Wu Dang top ones (1+2), MJ
    W1X, lower wu dang ones
    Other 6Pai sect leaders
    ZZR
    ZM
    XZ
    ZL
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by batmankiller

This isn't a genuine tongue-in-cheek effort to mock our wild glorification of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan, is it? If it is, then I must say, you are a genius. If not, then for the love of the moderators of this forum who have the power to ban you if you contribute nothing but inaccurate sh*t, do consider making some useful contributions to this forum which you have not done yet. Thank you.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Also shouldn't forget Beggar's Union Chief Shih For Lung, who was no pushover (although adaptations generally make him look much weaker than he actually was). Despite having learned only 12 of the Hong Lung 18 Palms, he was able to give Sing Kwun one hell of a fight. Sing Kwun defeated and killed him, but it wasn't easy, and Sing Kwun was seriously injured in the process. That would put Shih For Lung, I think, at around the level of the three better Guardian Lords of the Ming Cult.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    This isn't a genuine tongue-in-cheek effort to mock our wild glorification of SWORD GOD Zhuo Bufan, is it? If it is, then I must say, you are a genius. If not, then for the love of the moderators of this forum who have the power to ban you if you contribute nothing but inaccurate sh*t, do consider making some useful contributions to this forum which you have not done yet. Thank you.
    how about you calm the **** down? i havne't seen an english translation of HSDS .. so i'm going from 3 tv adaptations.. And I've read the forum guidelines. it doesn't say you can't accidently give the wrong info... just says you can't act like a jackass to others and "attack the point not the person" =\

To batmankiller: I'm just giving you a friendly reminder, that your days on this forum may be numbered if you continue to post useless, misleading junk that pollute the value of SPCNET wuxia community. I'm sure that we have better things to do than spending valuable time to correct your absurd non-factual claims all the time. For your information, information from the novels = factual; information from adaptions that contradict the novels = non-factual. Get your facts right or at least have the decency to learn the facts; otherwise I'm sure your knowledge would be better served in the TV adaption forums.
    Last edited by PJ; 10-30-06 at 03:14 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    To batmankiller: I'm just giving you a friendly reminder, that your days on this forum may be numbered if you continue to post useless, misleading junk that pollute the value of SPCNET wuxia community. I'm sure that we have better things to do than spending valuable time to correct your absurd non-factual claims all the time. For your information, information from the novels = factual; information from adaptions that contradict the novels = non-factual. Get your facts right or at least have the decency to learn the facts; otherwise I'm sure your knowledge would be better served in the TV adaption forums.
    Friendly? sure.. bai qi's reminder was friendly, yours was just nasty saying "oh i know more than you, you stupid noob, get off the forums" It was a mistake.. which I haven't denied, if you feel correcting me is not worth your essence of time then please.. scroll down my posts. If you're actually trying to help me... then say where I did wrong.. simple as that. ..
    I'm a new to these things, and never really got into wuxia till a week ago. I can't read chinese I can only understand cantonese, so I get my info from English Translations and such TV adapations....

How do you guys think Yang Ding Tian match up the the Du monks at the end of HSDS?

It seems YDT pawned one of them when he's alive. But Du monks progressed significantly post that, while YDT may also have improved (reaching 4th or 5th stage).

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    How do you guys think Yang Ding Tian match up the the Du monks at the end of HSDS?

It seems YDT pawned one of them when he's alive. But Du monks progressed significantly post that, while YDT may also have improved (reaching 4th or 5th stage).
    From HSDS86, I think YDT was working on the 5th level before he died. Was this the case in the novel or no?

in the book YDT reached and was practicing lvl 6 before he died
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Both of you are wrong. Yang Ding Tian *BARELY* passed the level *four* but suffered from fire deviation soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifian
    Both of you are wrong. Yang Ding Tian *BARELY* passed the level *four* but suffered from fire deviation soon after.
    Correct.

From HSDS 86: IIRC he knew that he was about to die, so he came up with the plan of dying together with SK.
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

It's interesting - was the 3 Du formation for YDT? Does that mean they are only confident in defeating YDT with formation, but not individually (assuming he was alive - in which his max level would probably be only 5).

Member of TC fanclub.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    It's interesting - was the 3 Du formation for YDT? Does that mean they are only confident in defeating YDT with formation, but not individually (assuming he was alive - in which his max level would probably be only 5).
    One on one the Du monks would have lost to YDT. The oldest Du monk lost an eye figthing YDT alone. The formation and 30(?)years of pratice were to avenge the lost of an eye! And they call themself monks
    You do know that it is just fiction, dont you?

Default looking for quick answers from HSDS

why did so so save the 3rd brother of wu dang in the first place?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!