Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

The female lead in Patriotic Knight is older than both Chen Long and Wallace. Her name is Xiao Qiang. She was 38 years old when she filmed patriotic Knights. Wallace was 32 at that time while Chen Long was 31.

Personally I don't think Chen Long was that bad. He's handsome as well and his acting was also decent. And he suits the character of Jin Zhu Liu more than Wallace.
    Last edited by kidd; 06-24-10 at 10:52 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    The female lead in Patriotic Knight is older than both Chen Long and Wallace. Her name is Xiao Qiang. She was 38 years old when she filmed patriotic Knights. Wallace was 32 at that time while Chen Long was 31.

Personally don't think Chen Long was that bad. He's handsome as well and his acting was also decent. And he suits the character of Jin Zhu Liu more than Wallace.
    Xiao Qiang was beautiful...but way too mature with either actors. I didn't know she was the lead female for a long time because I didn't think they did older female/younger male pairings haha. It's not because of the numbers so much, it's really because of her face. She's only 6 years older than Wallace..but it showed. Next to He Mei Tian, who's tiny and childlike, she looked obviously older and Wallace himself has such a baby face LoL. Xiao Qiang looked wonderful opposite Vincent Jiao in Dagger Lee though.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Xiao Qiang was beautiful...but way too mature with either actors. I didn't know she was the lead female for a long time because I didn't think they did older female/younger male pairings haha. It's not because of the numbers so much, it's really because of her face. She's only 6 years older than Wallace..but it showed. Next to He Mei Tian, who's tiny and childlike, she looked obviously older and Wallace himself has such a baby face LoL. Xiao Qiang looked wonderful opposite Vincent Jiao in Dagger Lee though.
    Actually, I don't mind that Xiao Qiang was older than Wallace or even look older than Wallace if the role is written so. I've no problem with older women/younger men relationship. But, in the series, Xiao Qiang's character acted very young girlish sometimes and she calls Wallace's character 'da ge' (if I remember correctly). That's the problem. I think in the series, she's supposed to be older than Jin Zhu Liu (Chen Long) and younger than Li Nan Xing (Wallace).

Character wise, I still prefer her over He Mei Tian's character which was pretty annoying and unreasonable most of the time.

Anyway, this series started out very promising. In fact, I praised it in wuxiasociety when I started watching. But, it kinda lose steam later and going downhill.

I wish they have developed the character of Li Nan Xing more because this is a character with a lot of potential. His background alone already can create a lot of potentially good story and conflict.

Smile

I'm assuming Patriotic Knights is based a wuxia novel? In the series, Li Nan Xing mentions his aunt several times. Didn't Michelle Ye play the character of Li Nan Xing's aunt in another series by TVB, Lofty Waters Verdant Bow? I have not watched that TVB series, but I've seen MV's and trailers. Is Patriotic Knights based on a sequel to the original novel that Lofty Waters Verdant Bow was based on? Since I have not watched Lofty Waters nor have I completely seen Patriotic Knights, can someone be kind enough to elaborate on Wallace's character, Li Nan Xing? What's Li Nan Xing's background? Is there a novel with him as the main character?

By the way, I just came upon a very hilarious MV of Wallace Chung. Unfortunately, I don't know how to read the Chinese at the bottom of the screen, which apparently tells the whole story. However, from the clips, I can deduce that Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace in Ni Shui Han) has twin sons with Fu Wan Xing (his wife in Ni Shui Han), and his sons are absolute wisecracks and goofballs. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like he's trying to teach his sons something, but his twins aren't taking his lessons seriously. If somebody here knows how to read Chinese, could you please give me a brief translation of what's going on in the MV? Thank you so much for your time and help!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/rpA37xJ9Zkw/

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    By the way, I just came upon a very hilarious MV of Wallace Chung. Unfortunately, I don't know how to read the Chinese at the bottom of the screen, which apparently tells the whole story. However, from the clips, I can deduce that Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace in Ni Shui Han) has twin sons with Fu Wan Xing (his wife in Ni Shui Han), and his sons are absolute wisecracks and goofballs. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like he's trying to teach his sons something, but his twins aren't taking his lessons seriously. If somebody here knows how to read Chinese, could you please give me a brief translation of what's going on in the MV? Thank you so much for your time and help!
    LOL that was a hilarious video mel! haha so basically its saying how in ni shui han wallace's character end up going mad cause his wife dies, but that is not actually the case. the video shows how wallace "actually" went mad lol. so the story starts with wallace and his wife "tricking" everyone so they could live their life in peace. they end up having twin boys, and then however many years later they grow up (the 2 other wallaces, the older is the one from four detectives and the other messier one idk from what series). so one day wallace comes home and says, im going to teach my sons everything i know. so basically half the time he's trying to teach his sons something and the other half they're either messing up or misinterpreting his intentions. its reallly funnny so in the end he ends up going mad because of his sons - they made him that way according to the video. nice vid mel, it was hilarious!

Patriotic Knight is based loosely on the novel 'Xia Gu Dan Xing' (which is the series chinese title). It's a Liang Yu Sheng novel and is part of the 'Tian Shan' series of novels.

The 'Tian Shan' collection consist of 21 interrelated novels. But, they can be read separately.

Btw, the novel Xia Gu Tan Xing is set in Qing Dynasty. Haha, some fans express that they are glad that the director/producer change the setting so that they can see Wallace in full hair instead of half bald. lol.

Very funny video, Melanie! How clever of them to piece together clips from various series to provide a completely different spin on things. You got the gist of the story right, and the rest is pretty much as ChineseChik has summarized. The older son is from Si Da Ming Bu ("he who has never grown up") and the younger one is from Mo Jie ("he who has never been normal"). Poor Gu Xi Zhao.

Filming for Wallace's new series, 醉红尘/别无选择 (No Choice), is underway. It's ironic that you guys have been discussing Patriotic Knights and how mature the female lead is...well, the female lead in this new show is also Xiao Qiang, and she'll be playing Wallace's character (Qi Tian Bai)'s mother.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Patriotic Knight is based loosely on the novel 'Xia Gu Dan Xing' (which is the series chinese title). It's a Liang Yu Sheng novel and is part of the 'Tian Shan' series of novels.

The 'Tian Shan' collection consist of 21 interrelated novels. But, they can be read separately.

Btw, the novel Xia Gu Tan Xing is set in Qing Dynasty. Haha, some fans express that they are glad that the director/producer change the setting so that they can see Wallace in full hair instead of half bald. lol.
    Have you read the novel, kidd? What is it about? Is Li Nan Xing a prominent character in the novel?

Aren't Legend of the White Hair Maiden and The Seven Swordsmen of Tian Shan series based on the Tian Shan novels, then?

Actually, I am glad Patriotic Knights is not set in the Qing Dynasty, also. I'm not too fond of Qing costume. Wallace Chung, while very handsome and sexy, doesn't look as attractive with his head shaven. In Kang Xi Mi Shi, he was very good looking, in fact, the best looking guy in the series, but he still looks much better with a full head of hair.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    LOL that was a hilarious video mel! haha so basically its saying how in ni shui han wallace's character end up going mad cause his wife dies, but that is not actually the case. the video shows how wallace "actually" went mad lol. so the story starts with wallace and his wife "tricking" everyone so they could live their life in peace. they end up having twin boys, and then however many years later they grow up (the 2 other wallaces, the older is the one from four detectives and the other messier one idk from what series). so one day wallace comes home and says, im going to teach my sons everything i know. so basically half the time he's trying to teach his sons something and the other half they're either messing up or misinterpreting his intentions. its reallly funnny so in the end he ends up going mad because of his sons - they made him that way according to the video. nice vid mel, it was hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    Very funny video, Melanie! How clever of them to piece together clips from various series to provide a completely different spin on things. You got the gist of the story right, and the rest is pretty much as ChineseChik has summarized. The older son is from Si Da Ming Bu ("he who has never grown up") and the younger one is from Mo Jie ("he who has never been normal"). Poor Gu Xi Zhao.
    Thanks to ChineseChik525 and Lady Zhuge for explaining the details of the video to me. It's much funnier now that I actually understand what is going on! It's hilarious that Gu Xi Zhao, being so serious and ambition-driven in Ni Shui Han, would end up with such goofy, aimless sons! They are nothing like him at all! No wonder he goes mad! That scene near the end of the video is simply priceless where Gu Xi Zhao is pounding on the ground so hard from frustration that the tiles fly up, while his wife is trying to calm him down.

It amazes me how talented fans are. Some of the MV's I've seen on youtube, youku and tudou are fabulous, creatively and tastefully done. I've found another MV of Wallace Chung that has expertly merged clips from Patriotic Knights and Ni Shui Han to form a different story, a rather bittersweet one, actually. Again, I don't understand the Chinese at the bottom of the screen, but it looks like Gu Xi Zhao and Li Nan Xing are in love with the same woman (Fu Wan Qing from Ni Shui Han). For some reason, Wan Qing commits suicide (I don't understand why), and Li Nan Xing rescues her. Then, for some reason, she marries someone else other than Gu Xi Zhao and Li Nan Qing? The MV is quite sad, totally different from the one I posted of Gu Xi Zhao and his "sons." However, I think the two MV's are from the same MV creator.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/A7IlQaIKAVw/

Filming for Wallace's new series, 醉红尘/别无选择 (No Choice), is underway. It's ironic that you guys have been discussing Patriotic Knights and how mature the female lead is...well, the female lead in this new show is also Xiao Qiang, and she'll be playing Wallace's character (Qi Tian Bai)'s mother.
    Is this a martial arts series? Any news on what it is about? Who's Wallace's female lead? Wow, Xiao Qiang goes from playing his love interest in Patriotic Knights to playing his mother in the new series!

Speaking of Patriotic Knights, I purposely watched it for Wallace too, but ended up enjoying the storyline as well. It's not an excellent drama you, but passable. Definitely not memorable though.

I'm okay with older women/yougner men relationship. However, Xiao Qiang had absolutely no chemistry with either man. Half of head was thinking, "They're so awkward!" while the other half kept me in check, "Not mother! She's his love interest!"

The drama started out good, exciting and with a plot. It turned sour when Chen Long's character started to sulk b/c of his love for Xiao Qiang. That's when my hand voluntarily looked for the remote and search for scenes of the handsome and reserved Wallace.

The romance stink big time. One was draggy and the other was too abrupt. But I still find He Mei Tian cute and adorable with Wallace's character. Their sweet scenes after they fell down the cliff was googoogaga. hehe ^.^ Too short.

She's a 1975! Woah! Baby-faced like Wallace yea?! I want to see them together in a drama again, you know, to rekindle the love they left off. =D

And Melanie, those mvs top quality girl! Full head Wallace is preferred!!

Is this a martial arts series? Any news on what it is about? Who's Wallace's female lead? Wow, Xiao Qiang goes from playing his love interest in Patriotic Knights to playing his mother in the new series!
    click to show/hide spoilers
    It's not a martial arts series, but there are definitely elements of Jiang Hu in it. The story starts off at the end of the Qing dynasty, when chivalrous hero Cheng Meng Fei falls in love with Lin Yi, who turns out to be the daughter of a rival family. Their ill-fated union results in Cheng Meng Fei's imprisonment, and Lin Yi ends up marrying rich businessman Qi De Shi while pregnant with Cheng Meng Fei's child. Ten months later, Qi Tian Bai (Wallace!) is born. After the establishment of Ming Guo, Qi De Shi's overbearing ways arouses displeasure from government officials, who order the killing of his entire family. The assassin turns out to be none other than the recently released Cheng Meng Fei. From here, further woes stemming from the extremes of love and hatred, revenge and redemption, and life and death unfold. In the end, the three men come to realize that love and forgiveness are the real truths in life.

If the synopsis is any indication, any kind of love story would seem to be secondary to the relationship between father and son. But anyway, Xu Xi Yan (徐熙颜) will be the lucky girl playing Wallace's main love interest. I also read that Xiao Qiang will be playing two characters?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i45.tinypic.com/2njx4s2.jpg')
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 06-27-10 at 12:12 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by charm101 View Post
    I'm okay with older women/yougner men relationship. However, Xiao Qiang had absolutely no chemistry with either man. Half of head was thinking, "They're so awkward!" while the other half kept me in check, "Not mother! She's his love interest!"
    Despite my old fashioned ways, I am okay with the older woman/younger man relationship, too. Just not for myself. However, I think the problem with that type of relationship onscreen is that it's difficult to create any type of romantic chemistry when the woman looks obviously older than the man, unless the two actors really click onscreen. I believe the same thing goes for the much older man/much younger woman relationship onscreen. The viewers will see the age difference and automatically think mother/son or father/daughter relationship.

But I still find He Mei Tian cute and adorable with Wallace's character. Their sweet scenes after they fell down the cliff was googoogaga. hehe ^.^ Too short.
    Yes! The part where they fell down the cliff was sweet. I actually found the part where Wallace dragged Mei Tian off the cliff and plunged into the lake with her very provocative. It was a very well done scene, full of sexual tension. Too bad not much was done to follow up on their budding relationship after that scene. This couple would have been a hit with the audience, if only the storyline had elaborated more on them.

She's a 1975! Woah! Baby-faced like Wallace yea?! I want to see them together in a drama again, you know, to rekindle the love they left off. =D
    Yes, I think it would be nice to see a sequel on them and their adventures together. I didn't even watch the ending of the series. What happened to Wallace and Mei Tian's characters at the end?

And Melanie, those mvs top quality girl!
    Thanks! Those fans who created the wonderful MV's of Wallace are truly talented!

Lady Zhuge - Thanks for the synopsis of Wallace's new series! It sounds very interesting. From the poster, it looks like there will be a lot of veteran actors, and I actually don't recognize anybody except for Wallace. The actress playing his love interest looks very pretty. I can't find much information on her, though. Is she fairly new in the acting business? Are there any trailers yet for this series? When will it be released?

Lady Zhuge - Thanks for the synopsis of Wallace's new series! It sounds very interesting. From the poster, it looks like there will be a lot of veteran actors, and I actually don't recognize anybody except for Wallace. The actress playing his love interest looks very pretty. I can't find much information on her, though. Is she fairly new in the acting business? Are there any trailers yet for this series? When will it be released?
    Yeah, she's fairly new - in some pics, she reminds me a bit of Sun Li (Huang Lei's wife). They just started filming a bit earlier this month, so no trailers or word available on the release date yet.

Yes, I think it would be nice to see a sequel on them and their adventures together. I didn't even watch the ending of the series. What happened to Wallace and Mei Tian's characters at the end?
    I don't mind a sequel or better yet, a new drama with them as the main couple. They ended up together but the last scenes were of course, focused on the main pairing.

Thanks Lady Zhuge for the series info! Like Melanie, I don't recognize anyone except for Wallace and Xiao Qiang. But that's understandable since Mainland dramas tend to be more diverse with their actors and actresses. The plot sounds interesting!

Actually, I am glad Patriotic Knights is not set in the Qing Dynasty, also. I'm not too fond of Qing costume. Wallace Chung, while very handsome and sexy, doesn't look as attractive with his head shaven. In Kang Xi Mi Shi, he was very good looking, in fact, the best looking guy in the series, but he still looks much better with a full head of hair.
    i agree. wasnt too fond of his hair in royal tramp (he played the king - had to shave his head ) either

well, the female lead in this new show is also Xiao Qiang, and she'll be playing Wallace's character (Qi Tian Bai)'s mother.
    and wow lol thats hilarious!

Yeah, she's fairly new - in some pics, she reminds me a bit of Sun Li (Huang Lei's wife). They just started filming a bit earlier this month, so no trailers or word available on the release date yet.
    thats exactly what i thought! i think it's the eyes. especially in the ones where she's in the white dress, i was like, wow! she looks like sun li
    great minds think alike i guess

Smile

Hey, have you guys seen this interesting clip of the filming of Ni Shui Han? It's pretty cool. I thought it was sweet of Wallace Chung and the guy who played Tie Shou to prepare the birthday cake for Song Jia (actress who played Fu Wan Qing). Wow, it looks so cold!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/ecL4BAmVuhs/

More MV's on Wallace Chung!
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...2394976&cid=22
    http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playin...2394551&cid=22

Smile

I found another beautifully-made MV of Wallace Chung. The song in the MV is one of my most beloved songs when watching LOCH 2008. I think the lyrics fit Gu Xi Zhao and Fu Wan Qing very well.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/T1JqiUTMAF8/

I found another beautifully-made MV of Wallace Chung. The song in the MV is one of my most beloved songs when watching LOCH 2008. I think the lyrics fit Gu Xi Zhao and Fu Wan Qing very well.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/T1JqiUTMAF8/
    awwww i love this song! one of my favorite tv series songs. never get tired of hearing it! cute video

A fantasy MV of Wallace Chung as Yang Guo and Crystal Liu Yi Fei as Xiaolongnu. Wallace may be older than Huang Xiaoming but looks far younger than him and far more like Yang Guo. He has that rebellious look down pat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOsya8urHA

Huang "screaming ape" Xiaoming was the main reason why I couldn't enjoy ROCH2006 as much as I should have. Wallace Chung would have been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    A fantasy MV of Wallace Chung as Yang Guo and Crystal Liu Yi Fei as Xiaolongnu. Wallace may be older than Huang Xiaoming but looks far younger than him and far more like Yang Guo. He has that rebellious look down pat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfOsya8urHA

Huang "screaming ape" Xiaoming was the main reason why I couldn't enjoy ROCH2006 as much as I should have. Wallace Chung would have been perfect.
    that was a really well edited video! although i still like HXM, i do agree that his version of YG was a tad bit overacted. he did better after the 16 years as an older more mature YG. wallace does look younger than HXM, and he probably couldve pulled off both young and naive and old and mature well. and he wouldve made such a hot couple with liu yi fei! oh well lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    that was a really well edited video! although i still like HXM, i do agree that his version of YG was a tad bit overacted. he did better after the 16 years as an older more mature YG. wallace does look younger than HXM, and he probably couldve pulled off both young and naive and old and mature well. and he wouldve made such a hot couple with liu yi fei! oh well lol
    Wallace seemed to be able to pull characters from all ages well, taken that he doesn't have the strange moustache on. He doesn't age much and could look younger than most of his co-stars.

I agree with what you wrote on HXM. But I felt his acting in the later parts more or less makes up for his screaming part, which is just a small portion of the show. I think he was chosen because he looks most like YG. But in Duke of Mount Deer, I felt he should switch places with Wallace. Wallace made a great Kang Xi, but as Wei Xiao Bao, that would have push his acting chops coz his charisma could show its full potential. HXM is a good Wei Xiao Bao, but his chemistry with his wives is lacking. Wallace would have done a better and more solid job. The reason why Wei Xiao Bao and Kang Xi has such good chemistry is because Wallace's Kang Xi is very 'dao4 wei4'