Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bones on FOX

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    I just finished watching season 3 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I've now jumped onto Angel. I'm not going to bother with the rest of Buffy which I did not like. After watching a handful of episodes, I must say that Angel is quite addicting. Now that Buffy/Sarah Michelle Gellar is out of the way, Angel is so much more interesting; the storyline and style of the show is much more mature than the teenage angst laden Buffy. Buffy made a visit to Angel in one episode and I wanted to puke. Gosh she annoys me a lot. I wanted to cleanse her image by reading about Bones and think about that show instead LOL.
    haha well i never watched either, but i read about the basic storyline. it just never really appealed to me. besides, if you ask me, i think david looks better now than in angel or buffy. he ages well

Yes I did and the second promo made me smile for a long time, I just couldn't wipe out the smirk on my face .
    haha me too. i cant wait for the new season to start! unfortunately i might not be able to watch the whole thing on tv cause i have SAT classes thursday nights at 8:30. so i can only watch 1/2 of it ill catch up later online i guess.

I just read a very interesting article about season 5, but I won't show it to you because there are some spoilers in there, but I will quote a section where David talks about the chemistry he has with Emily and he reveals a little bit about their personal relationship which I find very interesting.

David Boreanaz:

Various things create chemistry, but I think one very important element is that the actors need to and must have a special bond between just the two of them. I don't want to mention Moonlighting again, but I have to because it is pretty much the standard when it comes to the subject of chemistry. From various reports, apparently Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis hated each other, at least at some point. Nevertheless, they had their private moments between filming that were important to them.

Allan Arkush, Director, talked about the chemistry between Cybill and Bruce:

Some may say actors always do that, but I don't believe all have a special bond like these couples. It doesn't matter if they love or hate each other, it's the bond despite all the other distractions that creates the chemistry and I find that particular aspect of acting extremely interesting.

BTW, David Boreanaz's reactions to Buffy vs. Bones is quite different. When asked if he hangs out with his Buffy co-stars he said that he never socializes with them outside of work. I don't know if he's telling the truth, but that's what he's willing to tell the public. On the other hand, he openly admits that he considers Emily as family and works with her during the weekend. He seems much happier on Bones.

Here's an interview with Sarah Michelle Gellar and David talking about him having a spin-off. Can't say he looks very enthousiastic.

Oh, you gotta see this ET interview with Emily and David if you haven't yet. He's so cute when he imitates his co-star and then he says "She's so cute... look how cute she is". And my gosh, can he sits even closer to her? It's clear they're good friends and enjoy each other's company. If I had a friend like David though, I don't know if I could resist all that teasing and touching. The guy is a big flirt.

Did you also see the April's Fool video? It's hilarious. What a great cast.
    could you give me the link to the "very interesting article about season 5" please? i dont know if ive read it yet. thanks =)
    and yeah i love david's interviews with emily! they always look like theyre having so much fun and theyre always joking and flirting around. its so cute and i love how david is stroking emily's shoulders in that video. they look like such a couple!
    david IS a big flirt. you can just tell
    oh, and i love that april fool's video!! haha i love this show/cast/everything. lol
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 08-20-09 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    haha well i never watched either, but i read about the basic storyline. it just never really appealed to me. besides, if you ask me, i think david looks better now than in angel or buffy. he ages well
    The Buffy universe didn't appeal to me either, but Angel is not too bad. There's a lot of deamon hunting which I find kind of weird, but Angel and the human characters are interesting. Of course, the main appeal is David, he's a good actor and yes, I too think he's better looking now then when he was playing Angel. He is also fitter now; his muscles are more defined .

haha me too. i cant wait for the new season to start! unfortunately i might not be able to watch the whole thing on tv cause i have SAT classes thursday nights at 8:30. so i can only watch 1/2 of it ill catch up later online i guess.
    Can't you record the show and watch it later?

I like seeing the promos, but they're torturous: promo 1, promo 2, promo 3, promo 4, promo 5.

could you give me the link to the "very interesting article about season 5" please? i dont know if ive read it yet. thanks =)
    Don’t forget to watch Bones on 9/17 because Booth won’t remember to…

and yeah i love david's interviews with emily! they always look like theyre having so much fun and theyre always joking and flirting around. its so cute and i love how david is stroking emily's shoulders in that video. they look like such a couple!
    david IS a big flirt. you can just tell
    Seriously, I rarely see co-stars this close and so cozy with each other beside real couples.

Internet Interview
    David and Emily at the Paley Center
    IGN Videio Interview

oh, and i love that april fool's video!! haha i love this show/cast/everything. lol
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.foxflash.com/channels/fox/bones//billboard.jpg')
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

yes, I too think he's better looking now then when he was playing Angel. He is also fitter now; his muscles are more defined .
    hehe. totally

Can't you record the show and watch it later?
    yeah i can do that too i guess. but fox always has the last few episodes they aired online, so i can watch in online on fox on demand too.

I like seeing the promos, but they're torturous: promo 1, promo 2, promo 3, promo 4, promo 5.
    i know! even though i dont want school to start, i wish it were 9/17 already
    thanks for the links actually, ive only seen 2 of the 5. thank you

yeah i actually havent read that article...interesting! i like the rotating interns. nigel was my favorite

Seriously, I rarely see co-stars this close and so cozy with each other beside real couples.

Internet Interview
    David and Emily at the Paley Center
    IGN Videio Interview

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.foxflash.com/channels/fox/bones//billboard.jpg')
    yeah i know. emily and david are just that great
    i actually dont really like that promo shot though. they looked photoshopped together and theres no group feeling...

yeah i actually havent read that article...interesting! i like the rotating interns. nigel was my favorite
    Nigel-Murray is my favourite squint intern too. For what it's worth, I liked it that we saw him with Zack Addy in the season four finale. Seeing my two favourite intern/assistant together was really neat. Too bad Ryan Cartwright got another gig now with I think MAD MEN. They're still hoping that he can do some episodes of Bones. I personally don't like the rotating interns and rather they choose one because I would like a character better if I see a character on a regular basis. If they eventually choose a permanent assistant for Brennan and it's not Nigel-Murray, I hope it'll be Wendell, he bonds well with Booth. Fisher would be my third choice, I find his depressive attitude humorous. It was funny how Brennan would sometime call up his name in case Booth didn't say yes to her request of you know what. I'm sure she did that on purpose just to scare Booth with the idea. Clark I find him kind of boring because he's too serious. The one squint I don't like is Arastoo, he's too stereotypical in a politically correct way and that annoys me. Daisy annoys Brennan way to much to ever become her assistant, but we'll see her more with Sweets.

i actually dont really like that promo shot though. they looked photoshopped together and theres no group feeling...
    I like the promo picture, but I understand your feeling. The whole cast shot a promo yesterday with dancing and everything, can't wait to see it. How bad is it that I get excited just for a promo?

Nigel-Murray is my favourite squint intern too. For what it's worth, I liked it that we saw him with Zack Addy in the season four finale. Seeing my two favourite intern/assistant together was really neat. Too bad Ryan Cartwright got another gig now with I think MAD MEN. They're still hoping that he can do some episodes of Bones. I personally don't like the rotating interns and rather they choose one because I would like a character better if I see a character on a regular basis. If they eventually choose a permanent assistant for Brennan and it's not Nigel-Murray, I hope it'll be Wendell, he bonds well with Booth. Fisher would be my third choice, I find his depressive attitude humorous. It was funny how Brennan would sometime call up his name in case Booth didn't say yes to her request of you know what. I'm sure she did that on purpose just to scare Booth with the idea. Clark I find him kind of boring because he's too serious. The one squint I don't like is Arastoo, he's too stereotypical in a politically correct way and that annoys me. Daisy annoys Brennan way to much to ever become her assistant, but we'll see her more with Sweets.

I like the promo picture, but I understand your feeling. The whole cast shot a promo yesterday with dancing and everything, can't wait to see it. How bad is it that I get excited just for a promo?
    aww really? i was hoping nigel would be there more yeah wendell would be my second choice too.
    wow when i first saw daisy, she annoyed the HECK out of me!! but when she's with sweets for some reason, i just think that they're adorable together

oh really? i didnt even hear about that. im excited now too!! lol

aww really? i was hoping nigel would be there more yeah wendell would be my second choice too.
    wow when i first saw daisy, she annoyed the HECK out of me!! but when she's with sweets for some reason, i just think that they're adorable together

oh really? i didnt even hear about that. im excited now too!! lol
    Most of the Bones news come from Hart Hanson's tweets. He's a pretty cool guy and he does answer the fans' questions. Stephen Nathan also gives out some news, but very little, very short and hard to decode. Most of the time, he just tweets about food LOL. Ryan Cartwright recently started to tweet and I like his tweets, they're well written with a lot of character. Eric Melligan is a sensitive individual who likes to express himself (more on YouTube than on Twitter). He's moving to New York, not living in L.A. anymore so it's going to be harder to get him on Bones . TJ Thyne does tweet too. He too mentioned about the promo shoot. It takes them a whole day to shoot these promos; I never thought these things took so long. Tomorrow, they begin to shoot episode 5.

I'm really enjoying myself as a Bones fan. In the past, I would follow other series at a distance, but with Bones I feel some kind of attachment to it. It's little things like the fact that Booth likes ice hockey, that Hodgins believes in conspiracy theories and all these secret society stuff. I myself have an interest in those things. With these new technologies now, we're a little bit closer to the production team and the actors than in the past. They're just regular folks with really cool jobs. It's too bad I didn't become a fan sooner. Oh well, better late than never.

Promo 6 baby!

Oh boy, I can't wait for the season opener. Apparently, it's really good according insiders. The Fox suits are very happy with it and today a senior writer for TV GUIDE tweeted this:

@hartHanson and to all #Bones fans...the S5 opener is fantastic! Nothing about it is "second best." (Ya'll will get that when you see it)

Most of the Bones news come from Hart Hanson's tweets. He's a pretty cool guy and he does answer the fans' questions. Stephen Nathan also gives out some news, but very little, very short and hard to decode. Most of the time, he just tweets about food LOL. Ryan Cartwright recently started to tweet and I like his tweets, they're well written with a lot of character. Eric Melligan is a sensitive individual who likes to express himself (more on YouTube than on Twitter). He's moving to New York, not living in L.A. anymore so it's going to be harder to get him on Bones . TJ Thyne does tweet too. He too mentioned about the promo shoot. It takes them a whole day to shoot these promos; I never thought these things took so long. Tomorrow, they begin to shoot episode 5.
    i see youve been following a lot of people on twitter, eh? lol. yeah im following ryan cartwright too actually. i really like him as an actor! now to mention, he's kinda cute
    its too bad about eric though

I'm really enjoying myself as a Bones fan. In the past, I would follow other series at a distance, but with Bones I feel some kind of attachment to it. It's little things like the fact that Booth likes ice hockey, that Hodgins believes in conspiracy theories and all these secret society stuff. I myself have an interest in those things. With these new technologies now, we're a little bit closer to the production team and the actors than in the past. They're just regular folks with really cool jobs. It's too bad I didn't become a fan sooner. Oh well, better late than never.
    haha im glad your enjoying myself. although i agree - ive never been this obsessive about a show before! and i feel like i almost know the characters, you know? theyve just grown so close to me

Promo 6 baby!
    WOO
    "well, blood is in your heart" LOL
    thankies

Oh my, now I am extremely excited about the season premiere. Oh I hope I'm not having too high expectations, but those who have seen it seem to really like it. A staff writer at EW has this to tweet about the season 5 premiere:

@HartHanson Just watched the "Bones" season premiere. Very satisfying.

Oh my, now I am extremely excited about the season premiere. Oh I hope I'm not having too high expectations, but those who have seen it seem to really like it. A staff writer at EW has this to tweet about the season 5 premiere:
    ohh man! the fact that these people have seen it and i havent is unsatisfying is that a word??

ohh man! the fact that these people have seen it and i havent is unsatisfying is that a word??
    Not only do they get to see the premiere before most of us, they receive cool gifts too!

http://twitpic.com/fcfgu - #Bones has made me so happy---and stylish---today. Thanks FOX!

Not only do they get to see the premiere before most of us, they receive cool gifts too!
    what? that is so not fair! im gonna go get a job when i grow up at one of those entertainment places now. lol

Emily Deschanel Promises "More Kissing" on Bones

The below is very interesting and shows why the team has so much chemistry. I'm not in the business, but it seems that it is rather rare for a cast to get along so well for so long--I often read conflicts from cast and crew on so many other shows. I like this real-life team as much as the fictional team.

TJ Thyne Answers SOFILPS's Question

Question: Do you have any fun stories from the Bones set? I've read in several interviews that you and the rest of the cast on Bones are laughing in every scene so, what's the truth behind those laughs? What makes it so funny?

Answer: Hello Sofi!

Fitting question.

I was just shooting a scene 2 days ago, with Tamara Taylor & John Francis Daley.
    It was in the Ookie Room. In the scene, John's character comes in and starts fiddling around with some rocks pertinent to the case.

Tamara, John & I got the giggles, and hahahahaha, I kid you not, for like 7 minutes (which is a LONG time when you are in front of the camera), we-could-not-stop-laughing!
    It was one of those moments where no matter WHAT happened, one of us would bust. We couldn't look at each other because we'd go for sure. Tamara was right next to me, and I could feel her almost laughing, which would get me going, which would get John going! Oh-My-God, it was painfully humorous! And ALL THE WHILE, they KEPT SHOOTING!!!! WE were determined to get on top of it, but even the crew was cracking up quietly, and we could hear the director and the producers starting to roll with laughter every time one of us even slightly began
    to smirk. So so so fun. Side busting fun.

A moment like that is funny because we are all there to do the job, and we KNOW that we can not be laughing! Which only makes it worse. It's like cracking up in Church, or if your teacher is in the midst of yelling at you and you can't help it! It's so not the time to laugh but you can't help it, you are busting up.

It's a small example, a simple visual. The only reason why we get to that state is because of how much we like each other (that or we are delirious from 14 hours of shooting).
    Do you know what I mean? When you look forward to seeing someone as we all do, it just puts a smile on your face, and you are that much more susceptible to fits of laughter.
    It's our supporting cast as well! Oh my God are they funny! Some of the funniest people I know! Joel and Carla, and Michael, Eugene, Ryan and Brendan, forget about it! (They play FISHER, DAISY, WENDELL, NIGEL, and Booth's brother.) Man, when they are on set, when I have scenes with them, HOWLING through it all! Michael Terry man, and Brendan is freaking hysterical, and I get giddy when Carla is there or Joel. Just funny fun people and we are all doing what we love, ACTING. It s a very happy set when the squints enter stage 6!)

This past summer, Tamara came and shot SHUFFLE with me! And the days when she was on set in scenes with me, it was no different than on Stage 6 at BONES. The crew of SHUFFLE were cracking up at us "You can't get these two together, trouble starts!" they'd say through laughter.

Eric and I were the same way all through season 1-3. Don't get me wrong, we are an extremely professional group and we get the work done!

But every once and a while, in a certain scene, on a certain night, in almost every episode, 7 minutes of pure crack-up occurs. And I love every second of it.
    :-)

TJ
    Team Jeffersonian - the most fun team on TV.

yay for hodgela! i like them together. and they broke up for the stupidest reason! it came out of nowhere at the end of the first episode last season i also really like the letter at the end - it says everything i think:
    "Dear Hart Hanson, Do it. Just do it. We double-dog-dare you to put Bones and Booth together. We've heard the excuses about how a Bones and Booth hookup would kill the show, but the electricity between those two characters will not short out so easily. The series' best and most powerful moments are always when Booth and Bones come together, not when they force themselves apart. The power of their strained and distant partnership would be multiplied many times over if you harnessed the thrill of their rare touches and honest moments and channeled into a complicated full-time thing. Try it. You might like it. And we would love it.
    Sincerely,
    Your fans"

Team Jeffersonian - the most fun team on TV.
    i really like this promo!! its pretty long too, so hopefully that means fox is giving bones the promotion it deserves now and i LOVE the part with sweets! lol its hilarious how it was just silence and then it was like, oh look! we've got to go solve a murder. bye! lol

There is nothing new on Bones in this video, but the 5th and last question made me ROFL . Oh and Scrabble? I can totally picture Brennan playing that.

http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/1837571.html

There is nothing new on Bones in this video, but the 5th and last question made me ROFL . Oh and Scrabble? I can totally picture Brennan playing that.

http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/1837571.html
    LOL thanks for the link!!! the last question made me laugh so hard. i can actually picture david doing that, somehow. LOL
    and yeah! she actually kinda reminded me of brennan in the interview - no social networking sites, playing scrabble, etc. it was so cute!

what? that is so not fair! im gonna go get a job when i grow up at one of those entertainment places now. lol
    This is OT, not really Bones related, but it's kinda funny.

This Michael Ausiello guy works at Entertainment Weekly. He received this Dollhouse promo goodies from FOX today. I'm pretty sure he also got those Bones sox a few days ago. And this is from ABC LOL.

Fantasy Life: Televisionary Talks to Hart Hanson About "Bones" Season Five

BTW, where do you live ChineseChik525? I'm in Canada and I get to see the season premiere one day earlier than those in the States. September 16th can't come fast enough.

This is OT, not really Bones related, but it's kinda funny.

This Michael Ausiello guy works at Entertainment Weekly. He received this Dollhouse promo goodies from FOX today. I'm pretty sure he also got those Bones sox a few days ago. And this is from ABC LOL.
    LOL. egg whites i thought they were mashed potatoes for a second.
    Fantasy Life: Televisionary Talks to Hart Hanson About "Bones" Season Five

BTW, where do you live ChineseChik525? I'm in Canada and I get to see the season premiere one day earlier than those in the States. September 16th can't come fast enough.
    oh your so lucky!! i live in the US. jersey
    100th episode!! whoot whoot!