Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Hong Gil Dong]Sung Yuri new project - Joseon Period Martial-Arts drama

omg im watching it in korean even though i dont understand anything but dangg its goooood! im in love with kang ji hwan!!! and i love yuri as always. the other guy reminds me of the doctor geon woo from snow queen! but the one from snow queen is soo much cuter. drools
    TAIWANESE
    mike he
    vic zhou

TVB
    patrick tam
    moses chan
    charmaine sheh

KDRAMA
    lee wan
    jang hyuk
    kim bum
    shin dong wook
    song seung hun
    wonbin
    hyun bin
    im ju hwan
    kim tae hee
    sung yuri
    han ji hye

OK, the series is over.

click to show/hide spoilers
    After the prince kicks out his step brother and claims throne, he is put through a conflict between his court nobles and Hong Guil Dong's army of bandits. The king decides to eliminate Hong Guil Dong and his bandits to protect his throne after an arguement with Hong and wages a siege againt Hong's mountain fort. Hu Inok abandons king to defects to Hong Guil Dong and marry him at the fort, just before the final battle and everyone(yes everyone) dies in the final showdown. However, the legend of Hong Guil Dong lives on among common forks.

This ending is very different from the classical novel on which this series is based on. In the classical novel, Hong Guil Dong leads his followers and found The Kingdom of Okinawa. Hong sisters obviously wanted to have the most dramatic ending possible, and decided to kill off everyone in a tear jerker.
    Last edited by JonDoe; 03-26-08 at 11:19 AM.

This drama is kinda annoying me. The song keeps replaying every 5 mins? First sounded ok but started to annoy me after constant replay like 5 times - 10 each episode, a little exaggerated here but u get my point.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

just watch epi 1... currently watch epi 2

there a disco music in that time??? wierd...
    but i think it ok....

i'm really hate how the ending was.....
    what the hell.... i waste my time for that ending....

what makes my heart shine again was the pretty girl, Yuri and eun..( forgot !)

Quote Originally Posted by forU4nd1 View Post
    i'm really hate how the ending was.....
    what the hell.... i waste my time for that ending....

what makes my heart shine again was the pretty girl, Yuri and eun..( forgot !)
    Well, this is the first "sad ending" from Hong sisters, so give them another chance before they come up with a proper tear jerker.

Default Late as usual

I'm late as usual with dramas. Just watched the first episode, it has 5 stars on Mysoju. I now know the ending, and am not to enamoured with the beginning.

There was breakdancing!! and Kang (Hong Gil Dong) wore shades??? and S Yu ri's voice was squeaky, nothing like her Snow Queen voice. I can't say she was anything like Cho Anna in F couple. And oh lord, Kang is as stiff as in his other dramas. I had just finished watching 90 days... Am not sure if I should watch the rest.

I wonder if anyone likes this drama, besides Song's fans of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25 View Post
    I now know the ending, and am not to enamoured with the beginning.

There was breakdancing!! and Kang (Hong Gil Dong) wore shades???
    If you think about it, that scene never happened. Since you know the ending, think about it.

I wonder if anyone likes this drama, besides Song's fans of course.
    This series was considered Sung Yuri's best performance to date.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    If you think about it, that scene never happened. Since you know the ending, think about it.

This series was considered Sung Yuri's best performance to date.
    Even if it was supposed to be 'artistic licence' and was not part of 15th century Korea, I still don't like episode 1. Looks like I'll miss Song YR's best acting, I am watching painter in the wind.

Even if it was supposed to be 'artistic licence' and was not part of 15th century Korea
    You don't get it, Hong Guil Dong and his men were wiped out at the mountain fort two years before the opening scene of first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by JonDoe View Post
    You don't get it, Hong Guil Dong and his men were wiped out at the mountain fort two years before the opening scene of first episode.
    You're right, I don't get it. How could it be? In the first episode, it said ' (some) years before'. In my books, it's inclusive. Nevermind Doe, I did my share of trying to figure out what's going on in Camus' books. Now, I'm a full fledged graduate, only easy stuff for my brain. Thanks.

You're right, I don't get it. How could it be?
    Hong Guil Dong and his merry band of bandits are all dead, but they live on as legend within the hearts of common folks. That's the message writers are trying to convey in the beginning and the end of the show.

Sigh, after reading the ending, it is somehow like that in Korean drama.

Hit Ep 7. Going into the "sad" part. Will it become even sadder? appears to me that it will become more draggy now too.

i have a feeling that the "king" used to be a good person or else yipan minister will not support him.