Thread: A step into the past - 寻秦记 - by Huang Yi

Thanks Yeongwee.

Thumbs up

Awesome....a full chapter in 2 days....a big salute to you Yeongwee!!!

how it goes so far......and it's started on 28 Sep 2007 by Learned Lady Jean.... and to recognize what have the honorable translators done for us.... thank you guys.......

VOLUME CHAPTER TRANSLATOR #Chaps
    1 1-13 Learned Lady Jean 13
    2 1-10 Learned Lady Jean 10
    3 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    4 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    5 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    6 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    7 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    8 1-3 Slyphiad 3
    4-6 Slyphiad & Justin13 3
    7-10 Justin13 4
    9 1 Slyphiad 1
    2-11 Justin13 10
    10 1 Ren Wo Xing 1
    2 Slyphiad 1
    3 Ren Wo Xing 1
    4 Slyphiad & Ren Wo Xing 1
    5-6 Justin13 2
    7 Ren Wo Xing 1
    8-12 Justin13 5
    11 1-12 Justin13 12
    12 1-3 Justin13 3
    4 Learned Lady Jean 1
    5-12 Justin13 8
    13 1-13 Justin13 13
    14 1-12 Justin13 12
    15 1-6 Justin13 6
    7-13 Yeongwee 7
    16 1-11 Yeongwee 11
    17 1-3 Yeongwee 3
    4-12 Justin13 9
    18 1-11 Justin13 11
    12 Ren Wo Xing 1
    19 1-7 Ren Wo Xing 7
    8-11 Learned Lady Jean 4
    20 1-12 Learned Lady Jean 12
    21 1-2 Learned Lady Jean 2
    3-4 Yeongwee 2
    5-12 ? 8
    22 1-12 ? 12
    23 1-12 ? 12
    24 1-12 ? 12
    25 1-14 ? 14
    TOTAL 293
    Last edited by Jaran.Saga; 02-29-12 at 03:22 AM.

Chapter 4 - Towards Shichun in Secret
    (The chapter title is 暗室春潮 - not sure if this is the right translation, someone help me?)

Xiang Shaolong lay in the underbrush observing the enemy's barracks. In just two days, he had covered what would have taken an ordinary person ten days, reaching a Zhao encampment approximately ten miles from Zhongmu. He was originally confident of sneaking past the enemy's defensive perimeter, but seeing the ground situation, this unfulfilled dream burst like foam bubbles in sunshine. Most aggravating was the fact that Li Mu had cut down all the trees in the area that might have offered him cover. He had also dug long trenches in the plains where Xiang Shaolong was and posted guards on all passageways. Even if he could somehow cross the trenches, he still had to surmount three layers of fences before he could reach the barracks. And then he had to sneak past ten miles of barracks and finally though a stretch of plains outside Zhongmu that was completely devoid of cover.

Looking at Li Mu's arrangements, he must be preventing anyone from approaching Zhongmu. Xiang Shaolong was like a delirious half-starved kitten seeing a fish but being unable to consume it. The agony was beyond description. His only gratification was that while Li Mu had put a water-tight seal around Zhongmu, he was still unable to breach Zhongmu's sturdy walls. He was most familiar with Zhongmu's capabilities. Defending Zhongmu for even a year would not be a difficult thing.

At the moment, he had only two choices. The first was to follow his original plan to get to Daliang and then to the Zhao border before reuniting with Huan Qi at Tunliu. The other option was to go round Zhongmu, sneak past the Zhao soldier's frontier defence and then back to Qin. The latter option was of course much more dangerous. With Li Mu's meticulous planning, he is sure to have outposts preventing Qin soldiers from rendering assistance from the East. If he did not have his skis, this option was akin to walking into a trap. But at this point, it was not without a chance of success. Just as this desire was burning in his heart, the sound of horses and dogs came from the Southwest. Xiang Shaolong's heart sank straight down. He finally let go of this enticing thought, got up and headed towards Daliang.

He reached the outskirts of the Wei capitol Daliang at dusk the next day. Having returned to the scene of his previous exploits, thought about the late Prince Xinling Wei Wuji and could not help his conflicting emotions. At this point he had already exhausted his dried rations and was both hungry and tired. Yet Daliang's defences had obviously been strengthened. All the high points were staffed with sentries. Most despairing for him were the few large rivers and man-made ditches obstructing the road towards Daliang.

Observing the area, he realised that he had to cross the rivers to reach Daliang before crossing the ditches on the other side of Daliang in order to get to the Zhao border. It would also be best for him to stock up on foodstuff on the way as the bitter cold made it impossible to gather wild fruits to allay his hunger as he had been doing. At present, his greatest advantage was that the Wei people were still unaware that he had arrived at the vicinity of Daliang. To traverse Daliang and then rush to the Zhao border was not an impossibility.

to be continued....
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

Wow... I actually translated 98 chapters.... a third of the book....

Anyone missed me?

Glad to see Learned Lady Jean & Buddy Yeongwee back in action!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaran.Saga View Post
    how it goes so far......and it's started on 28 Sep 2007 by Learned Lady Jean.... and to recognize what have the honorable translators done for us.... thank you guys.......

VOLUME CHAPTER TRANSLATOR #Chaps
    1 1-13 Learned Lady Jean 13
    2 1-10 Learned Lady Jean 10
    3 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    4 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    5 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    6 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    7 1-11 Learned Lady Jean 11
    8 1-3 Slyphiad 3
    4-6 Slyphiad & Justine13 3
    7-10 Justine13 4
    9 1 Slyphiad 1
    2-11 Justine13 10
    10 1 Ren Wo Xing 1
    2 Slyphiad 1
    3 Ren Wo Xing 1
    4 Slyphiad & Ren Wo Xing 1
    5-6 Justine13 2
    7 Ren Wo Xing 1
    8-12 Justine13 5
    11 1-12 Justine13 12
    12 1-3 Justine13 3
    4 Learned Lady Jean 1
    5-12 Justine13 8
    13 1-13 Justine13 13
    14 1-12 Justine13 12
    15 1-6 Justine13 6
    7-13 Yeongwee 7
    16 1-11 Yeongwee 11
    17 1-3 Yeongwee 3
    4-12 Justine13 9
    18 1-11 Justine13 11
    12 Ren Wo Xing 1
    19 1-7 Ren Wo Xing 7
    8-11 Learned Lady Jean 4
    20 1-12 Learned Lady Jean 12
    21 1-2 Learned Lady Jean 2
    3 Yeongwee 1
    4-12 ? 9
    22 1-12 ? 12
    23 1-12 ? 12
    24 1-12 ? 12
    25 1-14 ? 14
    TOTAL 293

Of course we miss you, don't talk so much, start translating again!!! You can start by telling me what that Chapter 4 title should translate to.
    Man is glue. You are man. How then can you step away from glue?

thanks alot..i'm suprise we're so close to the end
    it's an amazing feat of work that all the translators have done so much translations in such a short amount of time.
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Default :D

Quote Originally Posted by yeongwee View Post
    Of course we miss you, don't talk so much, start translating again!!! You can start by telling me what that Chapter 4 title should translate to.
    Thats the yeongwee get him back to work... Im kinda looking forward to seeing the ending of this epic noval... what an adventure.

was kinda sad to see so many people dead... but thats life ay bitter sweet

thinking of you Justin
    Ali Derhamy

Thanks Yeongwee and all the rest of the translators.

I too am amazed that we managed to get this far. A big to all the translators past, present, and future.

God bless us all........... Learned Lady Jean and Yeongwee are back in action..... now Justine13 emerges from..... where have you been, man?.... of course we miss you..... you know what... no translation for 1.5 mos before Yeongwee return.... so quiet.... only few birds come checking... scarry....

God bless us all........... Learned Lady Jean and Yeongwee are back in action..... now Justine13 emerges from..... where have you been, man?.... of course we miss you..... you know what... no translation for 1.5 mos before Yeongwee return.... so quiet.... only few birds come checking... scarry....

Wow. Just returned from long trip and somany changes. Yeongwee, thanks for keeping this going. Lady Jean, we still miss you. Cheers.
    lawwoo
    Bonus. A new day.

Let me read a bit to catch and so i know what is going on before translating ok?

Been on the road and running an investment fund so my time is really limited now.

Thanks for all the wishes!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin13 View Post
    Let me read a bit to catch and so i know what is going on before translating ok?

Been on the road and running an investment fund so my time is really limited now.

No problemo... take your time, man... i'm still remembering the way you translate.... like speedy gonzales.....

Thanks to all translator, past, current and future. I know this is a big project, translating a long story. So I will patiently sit back and waiting for anyone to continue the translation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin13 View Post

Hey, Justin13; iPad 3 is on the road, already. Get it! Perfect shiny little tool to read and translate while traveling :P

And where is Lady Jean?? Tell her to let the husband do some cooking and ironing, once a while. Hehe... I'm so funny...

Pretty sure Balikpooping is single and has never had a date in his life!!!

Quote Originally Posted by balikpapan View Post
    Hey, Justin13; iPad 3 is on the road, already. Get it! Perfect shiny little tool to read and translate while traveling :P

And where is Lady Jean?? Tell her to let the husband do some cooking and ironing, once a while. Hehe... I'm so funny...

Default hahhaha

Quote Originally Posted by sword_demon View Post
    Pretty sure Balikpooping is single and has never had a date in his life!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eisa5AZ20W0
    Ali Derhamy

I see. sword_demon must be Lady Jean's husband. No other explanation for why he must hurriedly registered, and wrote that post. It's a very funny joke, hey you Jean's husband!

O, honorable translators.... please.... help us.... the battle is shifting now... to this forum...