Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Inner Palace: Zhen Huan Biography 《后宫:甄嬛传》

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    The final episode was really the best and most emotionally rousing in the series
    I enjoyed the final episode very much.

I wished we could have seen more of Duan Fei and Su Pei Sheng after the death of Yongzheng, though. Given their intelligence, I wondered if they sensed that something was amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by poppies View Post
    I enjoyed the final episode very much.

I wished we could have seen more of Duan Fei and Su Pei Sheng after the death of Yongzheng, though. Given their intelligence, I wondered if they sensed that something was amiss.
    From what I read on china tieba fanforum
    It is said that Su Pei Sheng knew the emperor was sickly and gonna die from the immortality pills.
    He made a choice to help ZhengHuan secure a power base because if ZH falls, Jinxi the maid would be implicated, and he would too be dragged down as it was an open secret they were "married".

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    From what I read on china tieba fanforum
    It is said that Su Pei Sheng knew the emperor was sickly and gonna die from the immortality pills.
    He made a choice to help ZhengHuan secure a power base because if ZH falls, Jinxi the maid would be implicated, and he would too be dragged down as it was an open secret they were "married".
    I see. Thanks.

Yongzheng treated him well, I felt. There was also the issue of loyalty, as a servant and as a subject.

Come to think of it, Jinxi and him, and Zhenhuan's sis and Shen Bei Le, were the only happily-ever-after couples in the show.

I just finished this drama and it was so so good!!! Nothing dragged and I love it!

While watching I was thinking it would be so nice had Alex Fong played the Emperor and seriously, I just saw the trailer of Legend of Mi Yue and Alex Fong is the Kin of Qin. What a coincidence! LOL Am going to watch it for sure. If it's even a bit as good as Zhen Huan, I'm happy.
    ---------
    Shellie

http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com...e-netflix.html

Posted my review of the six-episode Netflix reversion. This was one of the most polarizing dramas I've ever watched. I both loved and hated it for various reasons. Still very conflicted.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Love this series! Can't stop re-watching it. Haha.

Although I always wished I knew more about the background of some of the minor consorts/ concubines. For example, why was Li Pin (one of Hua Fei's main allies at the start of the series) apparently so favoured by the Emperor that she managed to get a mid rank/ zhu wei (head of a palace)? I mean, she is not as pretty as most of the harem, or had kids like Xiang Pin and Qi Fei. She doesn't seem to come from a powerful/ high-ranking family, unlike Hua Fei, Duan HuangGuiFei or Mei Zhuang (presumably Hua Fei would be threatened by an ally who might threaten her own position); she doesn't seem to be talented in any particular area (unlike Ling Rong or Zhen Huan), and she doesn't seem to at least have a "nice"/ "virtuous" character (unlike Duan HuangGuiFei, Jing GuiFei or Mei Zhuang). Also, I found it abit odd that, since Jing GuiFei was under Hua Fei's control (i.e. was a GeGe living in the quarters of a CeFuJin) when the Emperor was the prince, why JingGuiFei was apparently never Hua Fei's ally.