Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    What made you drop it? I literally sit there cringing at all the plot holes and lame dialogue but still stuck around because I like the lead girl and her character.
    Pretty much what made you cringed, I just had enough at one point and dropped it and never looked back.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Pretty much what made you cringed, I just had enough at one point and dropped it and never looked back.
    I get it...what it means is I am way more superficial and can sit through utter junk for a pretty face. Can't deny anything there.
    Last edited by Linda; 12-28-14 at 11:02 PM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I started Her Legend a drama about a illegitimate main heroine who becomes an orphan after her mother dies of cancer? and gets taken in by her only uncle (mother's older brother) and her mother's friend/uncle's wife. So the drama involves the two cousins, the main heroine and the supporting beeotch aka her envious cousin. The evil cousin steals her identity to be adopted by a wealthy couple who cannot get pregnant. The wealthy lady wanted to adopt Jung Soo (main heroine), but they got involved in a car accident and to save her they had to fly to US for treatment. 8 years later and amnesia ahjumma who wanted to adopt Jung Soo adopts her cousin because her cousin is evil and assumes her identity. Then flash forward several more years, evil cousin is now adopted daughter with the best education and wealthy life. Main heroine has to work her way up to be a handbag designer. Yes, a show about designer hangbags. It's got all the tropes of scheming family relatives plotting against the heroine/hero. The heroine knows nothing of the schemes, but she's been robbed blindly of her identity and wealth so that the poor-me cousin can use her as a stepping stone so she can have her own happiness and success. Ugh. So annoyed at the evil cousin, in order to secure her happiness, success, and wealth, she will stop at nothing to sabotage and ambush her cousin, who had lost so much since her mom's death. The aunt and cousin knows no shame and will not hesitate to sabotage their niece/cousin to secure their own future. Beotches!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 12-28-14 at 11:30 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Lol you just described a whole host of korean drama's right there. What's with stolen identity in Korea. Is it that easy.

I just picked up Miseang or something, it's about a newbie starting at the bottom of the corporate ladder and trying to work his way up without being swallowed by the cut throat world. It's good so far but I find it kinda depressing.

I'm on episode 6 of Fated to Love You. I'm watching the Korean version, not the Taiwanese one. I read the manga before and I think it was pretty good so I decided to watch this even if I already have an idea of how the story goes. But boy was I surprised, the plot is mainly the same but there are some really hilarious twists. I especially love Lee Gun's laugh!

I watched the taiwanese version recently and it was a really hilarious series

Will check out the koren version.

Not a series. Rather a movie - The Admiral: Roaring Currents
    There is one part which I can't quite understand. When the Korean spy joined in the prisoners, he met a "Japanese" riding on the horse. They seem to know each other, am I right? What is the relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    귀신보는 형사 처용 / The Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo Yong http://www.koreandrama.org/?p=29753
    Finished. What should I say? The series ended with no ending? Possibly there is a second series.

I'm watching Shine or Go Crazy, which I started a week ago but I had to let myself slow down and not watch it for a few days. I had been binge watching it. It's such an awesome loose historical drama. Stellar performance and story telling.

Watching Three Days. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Days_%28TV_series%29 Very interesting for the first 2 episodes. Will it continue to be so for the next 14?

Watching Three Days. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Days_%28TV_series%29 Very interesting for the first 2 episodes. Will it continue to be so for the next 14?
    Overall, good series. Worth a watch.

Planning to watch Bad Guys (gangster show).

I'm just finding out Hulu not only carries K-dramas via Dramafever, it is also carrying Chinese dramas from the Mainland, Taiwan, and HK. I never thought there would be a day where Hulu would carry all that. I'm picking up Lan Ling Wang up again to finish and then I'm moving over to Beauties of the Emperor with Ming Dao and Joe Chen and other Taiwanese dramas. Yeay!

Overall, good series. Worth a watch.

Planning to watch Bad Guys (gangster show).
    Also an interesting series. The second last episode is the climax whereby truth after truth is revealed. The last episode is somewhat anti-climax since everyone will be able to guess the mastermind.

i'm watch Oh My Ghost and The Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I just picked up Miseang or something, it's about a newbie starting at the bottom of the corporate ladder and trying to work his way up without being swallowed by the cut throat world. It's good so far but I find it kinda depressing.
    Misaeng is a very good drama. I enjoyed watching it.
    You plant a garden and the flowers do not bloom, you poke a stick in the mud and it grows into a tree

Mask and I Remember You (Hello, Monster. ) has been my favorites this summer. She was Pretty reminds me too of myself. SiWon is hilarious in it.

I tried She Was Pretty but couldn't really get into it, so is Twenty Again.

Concurrently watching it with Life in Sangyuan County. It's 106 episode long but since it's finished airing I have the benefit of fast forwarding.

I just finished the section where the two leads learnt to perform on stage. It was so funny I had to stop secretly watching it at work.

Since all three are light hearted comedy I found Life in Sangyuan County the better series by far so dropped the other two.
    Last edited by Linda; 09-30-15 at 05:05 PM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I'm watching She Was Pretty. It's so funny

She Was Pretty
    Cheer Up!
    Oh My Ghost

All of them were available on KissAsian in HD Quality & perfect sync English subtitles

Currently watching MY Girl.....