Page 50 of 358 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 7159

Thread: 大唐双龙传 [Da Tang Shuang Long Zhuan] by Huang Yi

Thanks foxs

Thanks foxs

And the one I thought would be the assassin in the shadows finally shows up, a day late and a dollar short ... god they just need to get away from all of those crazy people ...

They are not going to get away, they are going into those crazy people.

Logic is, the assassin come to kill Shen, because she is the "think tank" of Li Muk, and Li is famous, and have a shot to hunt the deer, when the time come, that is why Li is trying to get Dai Lung Tau out, to position himself a warlord to fight for the throne, and that is why Shen and boyfriend Xu follow him, because they also believe Li have a chance.

And Kou just made up his mind that he want to be the empeior, he is not the target yet because he is nobody, but he will be the target if he is close to his dream, that left Xu to decide should he get away or stand besides his brother.

Good points akolaw, good points ... and it's funny how the three things, no four things they have just draws the power hungry crazies to them ... makes me kind of can't wait for the next installment, but good shows and books are like that!I think I need to go back and check, but is this Song chick the same one that was looking down on them at the dinner, or a different sister? got to take the time to reread it again...

Quote Originally Posted by foxs View Post
    Xu Ziling turned to look. Sure enough, on a large table by the stairs, about three, four tables away, sat three men. One of them wore a dark green scholar robe, and was exceptionally handsome; he was sizing the two boys up. When he noticed that Xu Ziling was staring at him, he nodded and smiled.

Remembering what Kou Zhong had just said, Xu Ziling was startled; hastily he averted his gaze and said in low voice, He seems to recognize us. Maybe its another trap of Shen Luoyan. Dont forget that the deadline for that womans three-day bet is still tonight!
    Speaking of first interactions with their potential love-interests, thinking back, it was at this upscale restaurant that Shan Wanjing, in a good mood...
    Last edited by 徐中銳; 06-03-15 at 04:29 PM.
    I know more than I can express in words, and the little I can express would not have been expressed, had I not known more. 弗拉基米爾弗拉基米羅維奇納博科夫

We get entertain by surprise in story, and good story support surprise with logic behind, so "out of expectation, but reasonable development", and great story have hints fill in long, long before hand and readers agree the writer have thought deep before hand and the surprise are well structured.

Say in a step into the past, Xiang Shaolong's wife have a great black horse, and the future Chu Ba Wong, Xiang Yu fight with hisa famous horse call Wu Jue is a black horse, so the hint was there for the reader.

deleting this post manually. use spoiler tags for spoilers please.
    Last edited by deathblade; 06-04-15 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks foxs

interesting build-up
    thanks foxs

Thanks for the chapter!

Default Book 5 - Chapter 6, Part 2

HPC, Jaya, Ysabel, Laoren, Anh, Drak, you are welcome. DongBin, good catch, thanks. I meant 'covet'. Sky, reading the text, I did not get the same impression (spoiled brat). Care to elaborate? George, they are finally out of the city! Akolaw, I hope you are not giving us spoiler. If it was your own analysis, I am impressed. Good job! Xu Xiong, I am rooting for Shan Wanjing too! Bocah, I am glad Xingyang episode is over, it was just too long for my taste ... To be honest, I nearly lost interest.

Kou Zhong was greatly excited, Now thats different, he said, We might as well go all out, turn the city of Xingyang upside down. Do you still remember those dozen or so jars of kerosene in Shen Luoyans house?

Xu Zilings eyes immediately lit up.

The stable in Xu Shijis official residence was the first to catch fire. More than forty horses stampeded out of the opened-wide back door and bolted wildly off into the street.

Next several spots of fire appeared in the main building. The melting ice and snow actually intensified the fire.

Most of manpower in the mansion had been deployed to join the search operation for the three people; in the confusion that ensued the maids and servants fled for their lives. The fire spread out rapidly, fortunately because of the high walls all around the premise, plus due toe the heavy snow, it did not spread to neighboring buildings.

By the time the people involved in hunt and arrest operation rushed over in panic, on the other side of town Shen Luoyans manor burst into flames, making the Wagang Army tired of constantly running for their lives.

This moment Shen Luoyans beautiful body was standing on the roof of a building. Standing next to her, other than the Old Man of the Field Mo Cheng, there was also a team of handpicked martial art experts from the Wagang Army.

Like the heavy snow falling into the earth, intelligence reports unceasingly brought up by the troops to her, but Shen Luoyan simply fixed her cold gaze on the two fires rising in the distance, but the fire was apparently under control.

Mo Cheng took a step forward behind Shen Luoyan, he respectfully said, It appears that this is all those two guys doing. I really dont understand why after being stabbed by Yang Xuyan, not only Xu Ziling did not die, he is even able to raise such a big wind and a big rain?

A faint bitter smile escaped from the corner of Shen Luoyans mouth; she said nonchalantly, I did not underestimate them at all, but I still miscalculated. Now that I calmly think about it, I ought to know that since they are continuously making progress, not only their martial art skill are getting stronger with each passing day, their ability and wisdom should also grow along with their experience, so that they become very difficult to deal with.

Mo Cheng snorted and said, It doesnt matter what they have become, tonight they are going to lose their lives. Zheng Zong has just arrived here, now he is with Xu Ye [master Xu] setting up the net to intercept them; guaranteed that they wont be able to escape for too long.

Shen Luoyan coldly snapped, Uncle Cheng! You are angry.

Mo Cheng was stunned.

Shen Luoyan calmly said, The number of people who want to seek the Duke Yang Treasure Trove from them is too many to be counted. But the fact is that until today, nobody is able to do anything to deal with them. If we still underestimate the enemy like before, we might fail and might be wiped over the floor. The missing roster is of grave importance, if they really take it with them, I would have no choice but to atone for my crime with death.

This moment someone was coming to report that they have stopped the herd of horses running away from the Xu Mansion, but they failed to see the three peoples vestige.

Mo Cheng sighed and said, Xingyang City is so big, they only need to find a place to hide, we will have to waste so much effort to find them.

Shen Luoyan shook her head, No! she said, I understand their character very well, especially that guy Kou Zhong; he is not that patient. Tonight they will go all-out in creating disturbance to take advantage of the situation to escape.

After a short pause, she continued, What surprised me most is why did they seem to know about our hunt and arrest operation so that they come and go freely in the city? It is as if they personally listen to Xu Shiji and me planning it.

Right this moment, Xu Zilings voice was heard from behind them, Shen Luoyan! Do you have time to chat with us?

Shen Luoyan and her mens countenance changed immediately; they turned around to look.

Under the heavy snow swirling in the air, Xu Ziling stood upright and unafraid on the roof ridge of a nearby house, he was speaking calmly, composed, elegant and stylish.

An indescribable feeling welled up in Shen Luoyans heart. She felt it deep in her heart that Xu Ziling had grown up, not at all like the naughty, big kid, who still loved to play, impression she previously had. And she was not referring to his tall and straight figure, the most significant change was that the repeated crises and hardships have nurtured in him his current bearing and gallantry, which made up the distinctive style of Xu Zilings intimidating charm.

Without waiting for her to respond, her men had already flown over and surrounded Xu Ziling, in a swords-drawn, bows-bent like situation.

Shen Luoyan gathered her thought and flew over; in the blink of an eye she already stood face to face with Xu Ziling on the rood ridge.

The two peoples eyes were locked toward each other; both were having a hundred and one thoughts swirling in their minds.

Xu Ziling nodded slightly, he calmly said, From laughing, giggling and playing together, we have turned into archenemies who are fighting life and death battle against each other. Each time I am thinking about this I really feel downhearted.

The affection in Shen Luoyans heart was even harder to describe.

Right now Xu Zilings face still showed paleness due to the loss of blood, but it did not compromise his scholarly, refined appearance; on the contrary, it added some kind of profound depth and a sense of maturity to his demeanor that only sufferings could bring.

In all her life, a few men did indeed move her heart, but because helping Li Mi to gain the world has become her objective, love and family affairs have to be shoved to the side. So much so that she tried to make herself cold-hearted, that she would consider anything from the point of view whether this matter would be useful to their cause or not.

After encountering Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling, every time she had to deal with these two boys, she had to go through a struggle in her heart. But at that time she only thought her heart was torn because she was fond of their talents.

However, she was acutely aware that she was actually happy to see them, that butting heads with them actually left a rich aftertaste in her mouth. Still, she never thought that there was any love between man and woman in her heart toward them.

When she found out that Xu Ziling was injured by Yang Xuyan, at the time where his life or death was still unknown, it suddenly dawned on her that Xu Zilings death may actually deal an unbearable blow to her.

It was as if she was losing the most precious thing in the world.

Now that she was standing face-to-face as enemies with this young martial art master, who was three or four years younger than she, the complicated contradiction in her heart was not hard to understand.

After taking a very deep breath, in the most calm voice she could muster Shen Luoyan said, Are you at the end of your rope?

Xu Zilings eyes flashed with spirited rays; calmly he swept the enemies all around him with his gaze. As if nothing happened, he said, Order them to stand back a little first, otherwise I will attack immediately.

With a cold laugh Shen Luoyan said, Dont overly overestimate yourself, I can order them to withdraw, but its not because I am afraid of your threat.

Xu Ziling said indifferently, My threat includes a book, which you will never get back. But in case you dont believe me, this time I intentionally came to return the book to you, so that you wont bear the criminal charges. However, you are accustomed to repay kindness with evil; therefore, no matter what you think, I will not think it strange.

Shen Luoyan was silent for half a day; finally she waved her hand to order her men to retreat, and then she sighed and said, At a time where everybody, by hook or by crook, fighting over the world [tian xia], any gratitude and grudges is just a waste of time. Hows this: if you hand over the book, I will guarantee your safe passage out of the city.

Xu Ziling shook his head, How can that be enough? he said, I also want your personal guarantee that no matter what happen in the future, as long as its not us who stir it up, you must not come looking for us to give us trouble.

Shen Luoyan dismissed him by saying, The decision maker in the Wagang Army is Duke Mi and not me, Shen Luoyan. Even if I guarantee it, it will be useless.

Xu Ziling helplessly shrugged his shoulders and said with a bitter laugh, Do you want me to wait for Duke Mis return? Right here, right now, you are the decision maker, hence the reason we have no choice but to look for you. If later on Duke Mi overthrow your commitment, I certainly cant blame you.

Shen Luoyans tender heart shook; she suddenly came to realization why between Kou Zhong and Xu Ziling, her favorable impression lay with Xu Ziling. It was simply because he always projected some kind of upright and true personality, unlike Kou Zhong who was frivolous and full of slick-cynicism.

She herself was a cunning, smart person who was used to handling any matter unscrupulously, yet she was obviously moved by Xu Ziling, someone with special quality that she lacked, someone that was totally different from her.

Xu Ziling was constantly on alert of any movement around him. Right now he caught a glimpse of the arrival of Xu Shiji and a group of competent-looking subordinate, who then stationed themselves on the roof ridge of a big residential building about a dozen zhang away to his left. But of course he was unclear whether the Flying Feather Zheng Zong was among these men.

Shen Luoyan signaled Xu Shiji that everything was under control. She affectionately fixed her gaze on Xu Ziling for half a day before speaking softly, Very well! I agree to this condition. Where is the book?

Xu Ziling suppressed the ecstasy in his heart; lowering his voice, he said, Withdraw your men from the eastern city gate immediately, open the east city gate, let Kou Zhong leave first, and then you alone accompany me going out of the city, I will return the book to you then.

Shen Luoyan sighed and said, Xiao Ling, you still dont have enough experience. By saying that, it is obvious that the book is in your hands, because Kou Zhong must get Susu to a safe location as soon as possible

You are thinking of going back on your words? Xu Ziling cut her off.

Shen Luoyan knew that Xu Ziling had seen through her attempt to sound him out; she smiled and said, Of course not! Please take a good care of yourself, my little sweetheart.

While Xu Ziling was baffled because she had called him her little sweetheart for no reason, Shen Luoyan already flew away and landed by Xu Shijis side, and then they were whispering into each others ear.

It was only then did Xu Ziling discover that his entire body was drenched in cold sweats.

After going through numerous twists and turns, they were finally able to leave the city.

Thanks foxs

Will we still see SLY after this? I hope not. Thks foxs.

Thanks foxs

Thanks, foxs.

oh nooo... judging from her tone, it seems SLY will not change her mind and follow the 2 brothers...
    There goes a powerful ally... and lover...

Thanks foxs.

Thanks foxs. Honestly, I dont remember th previous post about that Song girl. She didn't leave a favorable impression.

LuDong, why the hate for SLY? Unlike you, I want to see mor of her.

Thanks foxs! Any female character introduced would probably be fun for the two main characters. Haha. And then there's Susu... .____..

I can feel SLY predicament, she is loyal to Li Mi, but at the same time wanted to see the two boys grow because she sees potential in them. But fate has it that she cannot risk her career over some boys she met recently, no matter how fond she is to them. Her personality towards them changed from the beginning until now, Xu Ziling is a soft spot for her, Kou Zhong, not so much. Hahaha.

Hi Fox,

I am not giving spoiler, that is why I am using a step into the past as example.