Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate the Peach Valley 6 Fairies!

Default I hate the Peach Valley 6 Fairies!

Am I the only one who finds them extremely annoying? I love XAJH, but whenever I see their names come up, I wanted to skip the whole passage altogether. I understand that they're needed to advance the plot in certain places, but most of the time, their nonsensical talk is meaningless and boring as hell. Maybe they're funnier in the original Chinese?

Monk No Comandment and his wife are totally hilarious, however. I wish that instead of spending pages after pages on the 6 Fairies, JY had given us more of them.

really? well they are annoying but I don't hate them. they made me laugh at some point nonetheless. And they were like guardians to LHC especially when he's sick (although made a mess out too but... at least they were protecting him when he can't protect himself)
    On the other hand, Monk BuJie and his wife were actually more annoying to me than the 6 fairies. They are just unreasonable. They only want what they think their daughter wants without thinking if its best for her.

I guess it depends on the reader on how they portray the characters.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    really? well they are annoying but I don't hate them. they made me laugh at some point nonetheless. And they were like guardians to LHC especially when he's sick (although made a mess out too but... at least they were protecting him when he can't protect himself).
    Well, I don't hate them because they're bad guys but because they slow down the narration with their boring nonsense! I just want them to shut up so I can find out what's happening to LHC and other more interesting characters. However, I think JY made a good use of them when "Chief Ren" met LHC near the end of the novel.

On the other hand, Monk BuJie and his wife were actually more annoying to me than the 6 fairies. They are just unreasonable. They only want what they think their daughter wants without thinking if its best for her.

I guess it depends on the reader on how they portray the characters.
    To me, they're funny precisely because they're so unreasonable. That whole chapter where the "mute" granny kidnaps LHC and RYY makes me lol. "You don't want to become a monk," that granny concluded. "Then be a eunuch."

LHC impersonating that foul-mouthed general is also funny. I wish JY had milked more comedy from the fact that hard-drinkin', raffish LHC is the leader of a bunch of nuns.

But yeah, I guess every reader has a different funny bone to be tickled.

Wait till the 2012 tv series version lol

I liked them in the 2003 Zhang JiZhong version. very funny.

1996 was zzzzz I fast forwared them the second time i watch and every other after that lol

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    really? well they are annoying but I don't hate them. they made me laugh at some point nonetheless. And they were like guardians to LHC especially when he's sick (although made a mess out too but... at least they were protecting him when he can't protect himself)
    That is exactly how I feel. Surely, they were loud and noisy but at least they added a little humor. They were also there to protect Linghu Chong (although they didn't do a very good job <-- understatement)

Monk Bujie and and his wife on the other hand, were annoying. They forced their daughters to do things she was uncomfortable with and they're just terrible, terrible parents.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuet Thi View Post
    That is exactly how I feel. Surely, they were loud and noisy but at least they added a little humor. They were also there to protect Linghu Chong (although they didn't do a very good job <-- understatement)

Monk Bujie and and his wife on the other hand, were annoying. They forced their daughters to do things she was uncomfortable with and they're just terrible, terrible parents.

The Monk was very entertaining in the 1996 version lol

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    The Monk was very entertaining in the 1996 version lol
    That's the version I watched and I didn't like him. LOL Different opinions anyway, I gotta say Yilin was really good though.
    Simon the Snowblower.

I haven't seen the newer serials. All I have seen are the CYF 80's series and the Jet Li movies. Maybe I'll change my mind after watching then on screen --- or maybe not.

The 2012 better not have that DFBB/ LHC romance angle from the movie! Besides the eew factor, it's just too much that LHC

A. doesn't know that RYY is not a granny
    B. doesn't know that DFBB is not a girl

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
    I haven't seen the newer serials. All I have seen are the CYF 80's series and the Jet Li movies. Maybe I'll change my mind after watching then on screen --- or maybe not.

The 2012 better not have that DFBB/ LHC romance angle from the movie! Besides the eew factor, it's just too much that LHC

A. doesn't know that RYY is not a granny
    B. doesn't know that DFBB is not a girl

Oh boy, you definitely gotta watch the 2012 version once it come out lol

come join the discussion of Swordsman 2012 in the MainLand TV series forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    Oh boy, you definitely gotta watch the 2012 version once it come out lol

come join the discussion of Swordsman 2012 in the MainLand TV series forum.
    I scanned that thread earlier. Are they really going through with that plot or is it just rumored? I'd probably not watch it if they make LHC involved with DFBB because he doesn't know that she is actually a he.

Surely our hero LHC is NOT that dumb.

Wait --- maybe RYY will save him by exposing DFBB's true identity before things got too far.
    Last edited by sandy1; 04-05-12 at 05:42 AM.

The fairies had their moment of glory when they provided a good front for Ren Yingying to mock Zuo Lengchan during the meeting of the five mountain sects. They were the exact shameless simpletons who could be expected to say what everyone wanted to hear but which no one had the guts to say straight to Zuo Lengchan's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    The fairies had their moment of glory when they provided a good front for Ren Yingying to mock Zuo Lengchan during the meeting of the five mountain sects. They were the exact shameless simpletons who could be expected to say what everyone wanted to hear but which no one had the guts to say straight to Zuo Lengchan's face.
    I agree. They are court jesters that can say things that other people cannot say. As I have mentioned earlier, there are several instances where they are put to good use to advance the plot. But overall, I find them to be tediously unfunny, and their extended appearances, such as when they tried to cure LHC, exasperating.

But I suppose that I'm in the minority here.

I think if you got these six guys together with the Tibetan Five Uglies from ROCH, there'd be some *serious* partying down.

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1 View Post
    Are they really going through with that plot or is it just rumored? I'd probably not watch it if they make LHC involved with DFBB because he doesn't know that she is actually a he.
    In the Swordsman 2, Linghu Chong slept with Dongfang Bubai and that scarred me. Please don't let this repeat!
    Simon the Snowblower.

In the Swordsman 2, Linghu Chong slept with Dongfang Bubai and that scarred me. Please don't let this repeat!
    I still have nightmares about it.

I thought he slept with DFBB's concubine, but DFBB took credit for it, and LHC never found out the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I thought he slept with DFBB's concubine, but DFBB took credit for it, and LHC never found out the truth?
    Well, I don't really remember. I just remember him and Dongfang Bubai on the bed together and some girl (whom I believed was Ren Ying Ying) came in and said, "You two are both men, but then you...!!!" My memories are not very vivid.
    Simon the Snowblower.

Well, I don't really remember. I just remember him and Dongfang Bubai on the bed together and some girl (whom I believed was Ren Ying Ying) came in and said, "You two are both men, but then you...!!!" My memories are not very vivid.
    NOoo! Don't do it, LHC! Remember your shimei...RYY...Yilin...they're REAL girls.

it look like they might do this again in swordsman 2012