Page 99 of 365 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 7298

Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Oh I see! That's not exactly a bowl cut, just modern day haircut. I thought you meant like those bowl cuts that Asian kids have sometimes. <shudders> There's no way any guy could look good with that hairstyle.
    Haha u must ask xiaolong how she came up with that bowl name lol

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    Just FYI, the trailer along with the ending song is subbed on Viki: http://www.viki.com/channels/2978-st...cond-edition/1
    Thanks for the link. I just finished translating the whole trailer and decided to watch this, thinking I might have wasted my time, and although I'm not a professional translator (yet), and while most of the translations on viki is quite accurate, other parts are actually not. For instance, at the end, they translated the words on the screen to say Yong Zheng was buried with his ancestors which is so totally wrong. Yong Zheng was buried Western Qing Tombs and according to history, emperors were meant to be buried close to their father. It was culture back then. The Eastern Qing Tombs is where most of the emperors and empresses of the Qing dynasty are buried, including Yong Zheng’s father and son (the next emperor, Qian Long.) Yong Zheng alone is buried in the Western Qing Tombs. Some people say (and this too is in the novel) that Yong Zheng was not the true successor to the throne. He did not want to be buried with his ancestors for fear that he could not face them and that they would belittle him for taking the throne away from the true successor, the 14th prince.

Anyways, thanks luv_shi shi for taking the time to sub
    I'm so looking forward to the drama...

Will upload media of BBJX on Sunday

Ai-yoh... My video made it to LSS, Karen, and the BBJX Fan Club's weibos (noticed I dedicated the video to all the girls from this thread at the end. LOL (sorry if you're a dude...hehehe)

诗歌天下:永远支持诗宝!!//@刘诗诗:谢谢! //@蔡艺侬:很感动﹗谢谢这一步步的陪伴﹗我们一定会努力做好后续工作,不辜负大家的厚爱﹗

@步步惊心影迷后援团:曾经为了它从六月就开始关注选角,曾经为了它 去使劲P图和做MV,曾经为了它刷过几百条VB,如今在它艰苦困难之时,请不要放弃!为了曾经努力过的青春 ,为了曾经一同作战的朋友,为了你所爱的人付出的血泪,你们舍得抛弃吗?我的答案是我放不下,忘不掉!!我 会与步步这剧一同进退,决不放弃!

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-24-11 at 12:49 PM.

Still: Filming of dancing scene

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/33mvmt5.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-24-11 at 12:43 PM.

Did they add that dance scene for the drama? I don't recall reading about it in the novel. Where in the story is it suppose to take place? The long trailer made it seem like a dream sequence...

Did they add that dance scene for the drama? I don't recall reading about it in the novel. Where in the story is it suppose to take place? The long trailer made it seem like a dream sequence...
    I believe it is a dream sequence. It's supposed to be MinMin's dance but, in the novel, 13th was talking about how he and 4th knew that everything was Ruoxi's planning and how beautiful it would be if it was her dancing instead. So I think they are trying to show what 4th was seeing/imagining and the moment that he decided he was going to continue pursuing Ruoxi.
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cutzie View Post
    I believe it is a dream sequence. It's supposed to be MinMin's dance but, in the novel, 13th was talking about how he and 4th knew that everything was Ruoxi's planning and how beautiful it would be if it was her dancing instead. So I think they are trying to show what 4th was seeing/imagining and the moment that he decided he was going to continue pursuing Ruoxi.
    Ah that sounds very plausible actually. Thanks, I'm gonna go reread that part.

Anyway, the last part of the trailer w/ eng sub

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    Thanks for the link. I just finished translating the whole trailer and decided to watch this, thinking I might have wasted my time, and although I'm not a professional translator (yet), and while most of the translations on viki is quite accurate, other parts are actually not. For instance, at the end, they translated the words on the screen to say Yong Zheng was buried with his ancestors which is so totally wrong. Yong Zheng was buried Western Qing Tombs and according to history, emperors were meant to be buried close to their father. It was culture back then. The Eastern Qing Tombs is where most of the emperors and empresses of the Qing dynasty are buried, including Yong Zheng’s father and son (the next emperor, Qian Long.) Yong Zheng alone is buried in the Western Qing Tombs. Some people say (and this too is in the novel) that Yong Zheng was not the true successor to the throne. He did not want to be buried with his ancestors for fear that he could not face them and that they would belittle him for taking the throne away from the true successor, the 14th prince.
    Hehe, after watching the trailer on viki, I'm thinking the same thing too, probably we wasted time our time to translate and sub this trailer >.< However, I like ur translation better, it's much more detailed and accurate; you also included the footnotes, which is really thoughtful and helpful to understand some of Chinese customs / history. BTW, I prefer the way u translate the song, it sounds more poetic So...I think I did not waste time at all to sub ur translation. You are really awesome. Thank you so much for the translation

luv_shi shi :X I spotted a few ( like 3 grammar mistakes), my bad for translating around 12 o'clock midnignt and not proofreading...I can fix them if you want or we can just leave it...the general meaning is there...

I hope I am allowed to post links here...if I'm not, can someone please let me know. I've split the audio book into 5 zip files (cause one, the file size is too big for sendspace as I'm a on 300MB limit per file account and 2, usually if I upload 300MB together, the file gets stuck halfway) Each folder is about 100MB.

This is the audio book by Jiang Shan. It follows the new revised edition so it has the star scene with RX and 4th and a few other more detailed scenes. I do not own the copyrights or anything, simply sharing......................... Please do not hotlink the address as it is loaded on my personal account. Thanks.

Folder 1:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jraosz
    Folder 2:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mz404y
    Folder 3:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pifbdl

Feel free to start listening to these first. I'll upload the others later...
    Last edited by Mangoberrie; 06-25-11 at 05:51 AM.

Interview with 13th...

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    does anyone know what happened to 14th after 4th became yongzhen?
    I believe 14th continued to be on house arrest throughout Yongzheng's rule. He was only released upon Yongzheng's death. By that time, Qianlong (Yongzheng's son) was strong and had unified support of the court/military, so no way 14th can claw back power.

BTW, I'm loving Kevin in Ghetto Justice too, heheh. As for him in BBJX? Y'know, like ChineseChik, I actually liked 8th/Ruoxi romance in the book although of course 4th outshines 8th eventually. And I always thought LSS who has a very similar kind of look as LYF, needs a lot of warm scenes with her leading men to jive with them onscreen. All the elements are there - a real kiss, the romantic snow fall, the warm hand-holding scenes. But why am I not feeling anything between them? Even that foggy CPR scene in Strange Hero had a lot more going on there than Kevin-LSS kiss in the trailer!
    Last edited by munianci; 06-25-11 at 09:54 PM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    BTW, I'm loving Kevin in Ghetto Justice too, heheh. As for him in BBJX? Y'know, like ChineseChik, I actually liked 8th/Ruoxi romance in the book although of course 4th outshines 8th eventually. And I always thought LSS who has a very similar kind of look as LYF, needs a lot of warm scenes with her leading men to jive with them onscreen. All the elements are there - a real kiss, the romantic snow fall, the warm hand-holding scenes. But why am I not feeling anything between them? Even that foggy CPR scene in Strange Hero had a lot more going on there than Kevin-LSS kiss in the trailer!
    yeah, i agree. they had no chemistry at all -.- lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    This is the audio book by Jiang Shan. It follows the new revised edition so it has the star scene with RX and 4th and a few other more detailed scenes. I do not own the copyrights or anything, simply sharing......................... Please do not hotlink the address as it is loaded on my personal account. Thanks.

Folder 1:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/jraosz
    Folder 2:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/mz404y
    Folder 3:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/pifbdl

Feel free to start listening to these first. I'll upload the others later...
    Whoo hoo! Thanks so much for the audio files!

The only thing I noticed is that starting with the 31st mp3 file, the quality of the audio books suddenly got worse. Am I the only worse experiencing this or was this the case in the original files as well?

Is there anyone who's kinda curious about the museum visit scene by Ruoxi where she comes across an old preserved photo of the brothers? It's kinda sad bcos knowing Tangren's style, they will emphasize a lot first on brotherhood/camaraderie etc before tearing everyone apart - that photo seems to be a harbinger of that kind of story trajectory. I'm quite sure the additions on modern time won't be cheesy or anything, as Tong Hua is 100% behind the script-writing effort. She doesn't have a cheesy bone in her.

Yeah, ditto on the lack of Kevin-LSS chemistry & blah "real" kiss (looks like two people just having to touch lips together because the script calls for it). And Kevin doesn't even have a fish parasite stuck on his head here. What happened? So Plushie, not to worry, Nicky-LSS is definitely outshining Kevin-LSS onscreen.

BTW, I just came back from a visit to Yunnan & Dali. I don't care about popularity of the series so long it's well done too, but it being shown on Hunan TV is actually a really big thing. I realize how powerful Hunan TV is (nicknamed "Mango" by netizens) - it's like now the biggest and top drama channel in China, overtaking CCTV's drama channels for the first time in history last year.

Aside: Those watching my Ghetto Justice vids on my YouTube channel - I changed it to Fury On The Streets hoping to avoid detection by TVB.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-26-11 at 02:13 PM.

Whoo hoo! Thanks so much for the audio files!

The only thing I noticed is that starting with the 31st mp3 file, the quality of the audio books suddenly got worse. Am I the only worse experiencing this or was this the case in the original files as well?

Really? I didn't notice anything. The audio towards the end really isn't as well cut up, as there are those segments marking which site it came from, other than that, I didn't notice sound quality difference....anyone else? I'm curious now...I'll have another listen to it carefully and see if I can identify something.

Part 4:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yyhngp

be back with last part tomorrow or day after...

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Haha u must ask xiaolong how she came up with that bowl name lol
    Oh, I dunno. It just looks so lovely with the floppity flop all round. I just got that impression after watching Detective Tanglang (superb series BTW, like Strange Hero minus the Fish = perfection). I'm into sketching and it's the kind of hair that's very nice to draw. The same sketch marks/directions as the way I draw bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    And I always thought LSS who has a very similar kind of look as LYF, needs a lot of warm scenes with her leading men to jive with them onscreen. All the elements are there - a real kiss, the romantic snow fall, the warm hand-holding scenes. But why am I not feeling anything between them? Even that foggy CPR scene in Strange Hero had a lot more going on there than Kevin-LSS kiss in the trailer!
    IDK why...everyone always said LSS & LYF looked alike when she first burst on the scene with Young Warriors and LOCH08. But I got really stuck on her looking like both LYF and Joey Wong Jo-Yin after Strange Hero even tho her costume is so unlike theirs. It's the MTY/Leslie Cheung effect - it so stuck on me. IMO her onscreen romances needs lots of emoting on the guy's part (it's same with LYF and Wong Jo Yin - IDK why, I think it's this pure virginal kinda look?). For Kevin, he's just wearing one expression throughout the trailer, that's why.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 06-26-11 at 02:11 PM.

Is there anyone who's kinda curious about the museum visit scene by Ruoxi where she comes across an old preserved photo of the brothers? It's kinda sad bcos knowing Tangren's style, they will emphasize a lot first on brotherhood/camaraderie etc before tearing everyone apart - that photo seems to be a harbinger of that kind of story trajectory. I'm quite sure the additions on modern time won't be cheesy or anything, as Tong Hua is 100% behind the script-writing effort. She doesn't have a cheesy bone in her.
    Absolutely! They devised it so that the scene showed at the beginning of the ending song, right after 4th and RuoXi died in the trailer, so I was almost tricked into believing she returned to the modern times after her death. However, as you mentioned about Tong Hua, I really doubt the director and producers would follow a Gong ending, so the scene's probably from the start of the drama and used as a device to hint at the things to come. It's a shame it wasn't a painting of Kangxi and the princes though. They didn't have cameras in that era, so the photo would not have featured the princes.

I found LSS to look rather similar to LYF in Chinese Paladin or whenever she needed to convey that virginal innocence and is dressed similar (ie. hair down, pretty pale floaty dress). However, she definitely held her own as San Niang in Yi Zhi Mei and the similarity is weakened when she has her hair up, like in Bu Bu and the later stages of Clothing the World.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    However, as you mentioned about Tong Hua, I really doubt the director and producers would follow a Gong ending, so the scene's probably from the start of the drama and used as a device to hint at the things to come. It's a shame it wasn't a painting of Kangxi and the princes though. They didn't have cameras in that era, so the photo would not have featured the princes.
    Unfortunately the producer (Karen Cai) hinted in her weibo before that they will bring Ruoxi back to modern time. Plus Nicky took a pic of himself in modern attire and modern hair wig, and said, "This is how I'd look like today" during filming. I just think it's all too cheesy to try any attempt at reuniting them in modern time. Doesn't help that I don't care two hoots about Nicky either.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

so long as the ending isn't cheesy....I would prefer that it follows the book and has a tragic ending than a corny ending...
    I actually quite like the ending of the novel, it's what made the book more emotionally moving...
    it's so weird, the more I read the book, the more I like 14th...
    wonder what would have happened if history was changed and 14th became emperor instead of 4th...
    I'm just thinking btw, so ppl who love 4th don't need to come after me