Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast

Thread: Yuan Hong (袁弘)

Yea, I think they were considered "Taiwan" series. Probably got mostly funded by Taiwan companies.

But I think it still gets aired like a major series in the Mainland. In 1998/1999, Taiwan productions (or TVB for that matter) were generally considered "superior" to mainland ones. Of course, that was back in the days when Taiwan/TVB actually put effort into their series.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    OMG...TR was the one who made the Jimmy Lin/Alec Su version of Legendary Siblings??!! How did I never know this!! Wow, I actually liked that series a lot (it was also SOOO much better than the disastrous butchered Nic Tse/Dicky Cheung version). I never knew TR was around for so long, for some reason I always thought CP1 was one of their first projects!
    I cheated and looked on baidu

But then again, the "Tangren" of the late 90s was probably just Li Guo Li + buddies. I'm sure it was in combo with other production companies for funding. I mean, most certainly, the Tangren of today is much wealthier than the Tangren 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-15-11 at 11:30 PM.

Ah...so it was like a prior "iteration" of today's TangRen? It feels very different for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Kevin Cheng also had a role in that series.
    OH. MY. GOD!!!!

Well today seems to be the day where shocking things keep happening, I always thought I never saw Kevin Cheng in anything before and had a bad impression of him because I am so not impressed by what I've seen of him in BBJX (whether looks or acting). However...I can't believe he was Jiang Yulang in Legendary Siblings! I actually quite liked that character (despite the fact that he was a cowardly villain) and thought he was pretty handsome. And now you tell me it was Kevin Cheng... *facepalm* But yeah now that you mention it I can match his face to the character. (I actually liked him better than Jimmy Lin who I found quite annoying at some parts, although I definitely loved Alec Su more than him).

Ok, I don't know what to think now...

For all the smack that Kevin Cheng has got all these years for being a "wooden" actor, I have to say, his acting actually looks pretty good in the few snipnets of him in the BBJX trailer.

Ah...so it was like a prior "iteration" of today's TangRen? It feels very different for sure!
    I dunno. Come to think of it now, I think Tangren's style is still pretty similar as it was back then. Of course there's better cinematography, special effects, etc. in their recent productions. But they still have this good looking boys+girls, colorful, pop background music, lighthearted feel to their works.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 08-15-11 at 11:57 PM.

OK, he has finally turned around, LOL. And ugh, that scruff is back again!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2a9uon5.jpg')

Yummy!!!!

This on the other hand
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/663a447bgw1dk7mdap180j.jpg')

oh my god, its Yelu Xie all over again! LOL
    and once again, i have to say that YH is one of the few men i actually can accept with a little scruff, cause his YLX was just so sexy

what the hell is with the beggar beard though? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    what the hell is with the beggar beard though? lol
    LOL, that bald head with beard look is from Shang Shu Fang. Lots of people on his weibo tease him saying his facial hair grows faster than his head hair. Even 41-year-old Nicky grew back his head hair faster than him!

oh my god, its Yelu Xie all over again! LOL
    and once again, i have to say that YH is one of the few men i actually can accept with a little scruff, cause his YLX was just so sexy
    LOL, ChineseChik. Since we are on the subject of scruff, I notice the Yelu Xie look is starting to get pretty popular now! In the past, actors acting as tribal-type ethnic minority warriors weren't good-looking

Feng Shao Feng...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/63239946jw1dk7zgk0z9xj.jpg')

Peter Ho...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/ezlwtx.jpg')

Hu Ge...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2dt6ukh.jpg')

Lin Gengxin...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/62df08bbjw1dk1v9jtclyj.jpg')

And the one back in the good old days of Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2qlycg6.jpg')

But he murdered Qi Lang
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/10r3d34.jpg')

I was wondering whether to count Wallace in, but he doesn't look ethnic minority tribal right? Li Ge Xiao is a deposed Han official, not a tribal enemy anyway
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-17-11 at 03:59 AM.

LOL at the last picture! hahahah. where did you find that?!

Yuan Hong is *hands down* the hottest guy in tribal wear.

(Sorry to all my other favourites...They all still look good though! Except Hu Ge, I am split between thinking that he looks really handsome in that costume, OR that he looks kinda weird... >_< I mean all the other guys look manlier than usual with the scruff/costume, whereas Hu Ge somehow looks girlier than his looks in other series! I think it's the hair??)

They all look really good to me, the only one who doesnt look so good is FSF (sorry FSF fans) there is something wierd looking about him and his costume. i saw a another picture of him in Yang mi's thread looking scruffy and he look better in that one...

Quote Originally Posted by C-luv-H View Post
    They all look really good to me, the only one who doesnt look so good is FSF (sorry FSF fans) there is something wierd looking about him and his costume. i saw a another picture of him in Yang mi's thread looking scruffy and he look better in that one...
    Actually I don't like that shot of FSF either, the angle or lighting kinda makes his face look a bit bloated. I like the other shots of him a lot better, like this one: (but then again I'm biased! )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/7d415343tw1dk7ow6dtqkj.jpg')

This one is good too--I think it really gives off the "feel" that he is the actual historical character Xiang Yu. Looks very "authentic" to me!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/7d415343tw1dk7p24t5r0j.jpg')

The first pic of FSF's sorta side profile looks much better than when he turns to face the camera. I'm actually surprise he looks quite good in tribal-like wear (actually was Chu considered a foreign country?). I always associated him as having the quintessential rich man's son look.

Yeah, I don't dig Hu Ge's look in Shangri-La. He looks out of place in tribal wear. I think it's bcos he has refined and more Han-like features compared to his buddy YH. The ethnic minority tribes were always called barbarians by the Han Chinese, so in the past they always use unpretty rough-looking actors as ethnic kings/princes etc, e.g. in Wang Zhao Jun.

IDK why, YH with the scruff and tribal wear looks mixed pan-Asian.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-17-11 at 09:27 PM.

The first pic of FSF's sorta side profile looks much better than when he turns to face the camera. I'm actually surprise he looks quite good in scruff as I always associated him as having the quintessential rich man's son look.

Yeah, I don't dig Hu Ge's look in Shangri-La. He looks out of place in tribal wear. I think it's bcos he has refined and more Han-like features compared to his buddy YH. The ethnic minority tribes were always called barbarians by the Han Chinese, so in the past they always use unpretty rough-looking actors as ethnic kings/princes etc, e.g. in Wang Zhao Jun.

I actully like Hu Ge's look in shangri-la, at first i was a little worried but i just watch shangri-la a couple days ago and i have to say he look good with the hair and riding the horses being mean too but its probably just me.

The first pic of FSF's sorta side profile looks much better than when he turns to face the camera. I'm actually surprise he looks quite good in tribal-like wear (actually was Chu considered a foreign country?). I always associated him as having the quintessential rich man's son look.

Techncially, since Hu Ge has more angular/western looking features, wouldn't he look more "tribal"?

For Yuan Hong, I think it's the beard that makes him look more "tribal" whereas HG's goatee looks weak. I think YH's beard is line with his natural facial hair growth, so it looks more authentic and not out of place--hence it looks really sexy

btw, why is FSF in there. Xiang Yu isn't ethinic minority tribal type

I actully like Hu Ge's look in shangri-la, at first i was a little worried but i just watch shangri-la a couple days ago and i have to say he look good with the hair and riding the horses being mean too but its probably just me.
    Perhaps he looks much better in action--somehow Shangri-La never appealed to me so I've only seen stills of it. Although, in general I always thought HG doesn't look best with his hair loose around his face, it needs to be tied at least half-up in some way...I think it's because, as xiaolong mentioned, his features are sooo refined (quite "aristocratic", well the Asian version of that), that with his hair long and loose it can make him look a bit feminine (e.g. in some parts of LOCH--he looked great with long hair even if just a bit of it was tied back half-up, but at a few parts with his hair completely loose he looked a bit strange). Still handsome, but not what I would call "powerful/manly" which is the look you expect with the tribal wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    btw, why is FSF in there. Xiang Yu isn't ethinic minority tribal type
    Lol...actually I wondered that too, I guess xiaolong threw him in because his costuming definitely looks kind of "tribal" there. And technically during the Warring States you can call ALL of them "tribes" since China hadn't been united yet, so there was no "proper" Han population.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-17-11 at 09:39 PM.

Yuan Hong is *hands down* the hottest guy in tribal wear.

(Sorry to all my other favourites...They all still look good though! Except Hu Ge, I am split between thinking that he looks really handsome in that costume, OR that he looks kinda weird... >_< I mean all the other guys look manlier than usual with the scruff/costume, whereas Hu Ge somehow looks girlier than his looks in other series! I think it's the hair??)
    i agree.
    but hahaha, i think its definitely HG's hair that makes him look girlier to you. i mean, i keep trying to do that curly/semi wavey beachy-curls hairstyle, and it never turns out as good as the one on HG!

although i am pretty surprised at how different FSF looks with the beard/costume. looks much more manlier.

but hahaha, i think its definitely HG's hair that makes him look girlier to you. i mean, i keep trying to do that curly/semi wavey beachy-curls hairstyle, and it never turns out as good as the one on HG!

although i am pretty surprised at how different FSF looks with the beard/costume. looks much more manlier.
    Lol. Which reminds me, I need to invest in a really good curling iron sometime... ^_^ (Partly thanks to YM's influence, she looks so cute with her huge curls.)

And I already had my huge "FSF shock" after realizing the guy in DHTHK was actually him!!! And then seeing more pics of him from that film! So when his Xiang Yu pics came out, I'd already gotten used to the idea, haha. (Actually before seeing his DHTHK pics I was seriously skeptical of him pulling off Xiang Yu, but after that I wasn't too worried.)

They all look really manly and sexy with their scruffy look but i preffer all of them with clean look because... i dont know why either... but i just do... wouldnt want to kiss them with the hair on them because it makes them look dirty and its covering all their gorgeous face.... somebody post all their pictures up again but the clean and nice ones....

I think both YH and HG look really hot with the ethnic scruff. LGX looks like what he usually does. Everyone else is...meh.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

They all look really manly and sexy with their scruffy look but i preffer all of them with clean look because... i dont know why either... but i just do... wouldnt want to kiss them with the hair on them because it makes them look dirty and its covering all their gorgeous face....
    I know what you mean, I used to prefer all the guys clean-cut too...now I guess I still do but they have a different type of hotness in the tribal wear! I still dislike scruff on modern-day styling but it's different when it's in costume--looks natural rather than "dirty" because it doesn't make sense for them to have time to shave everyday when in the middle of battle! XD

somebody post all their pictures up again but the clean and nice ones....
    Hehe, since I'm in a generous and fangirly mood today, shall I present xiaolong's tribal men in clean-cut style just for you? (Btw, it took me this long because I was looking for a good picture of LGX...there are not that many of him out there! >_< And no, it's not a fluke that YH has an additional pic in ancient styling... :P And it looks like YH still has a faint bit of scruff but that's just his usual state. XD)

FSF, Peter, HG, LGX, and YH:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/v8lkpf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/35hilae.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/bduzqd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/n5j1qo.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/1zgg6sn.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/dfzui0.jpg')
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-17-11 at 11:19 PM.