Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle Through the Heavens (Dou Po Cang Qiong 斗破苍穹) - An Wuxia Translation

What fires does Xiao Yan get after the 2nd one? and when?

is there any other site that's translating btth other than gravity?

What type of fire does Xiao Yan does he get after the Heart Inflammation fire? and when?

click to show/hide spoilers
    After 400 chapter later, he still didn't get his hand on that fire (Fallen Heart Flame) yet. So I do not know, but I will try to help. Probably got the answer once I reached 500+chapter.

Whoever says this story is basically Xiao Yan hunt for Mystic Flame is really an exaggeration.

The author is a really good weaver of plot, even though his writing style irked me to no end.
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-03-15 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theSwordoftheWest View Post
    In order to keep as close as TL, I use the term use in translating them.

Actually, I'm quiet lost in BTTH power rank. This is as far as I know.

There is stage of accumulating Duan Dou Zhe Li[1] It got 9 stage I assumed. When one reach the 9th stage, one can accumulate into hurricane and break to next stage.

At this stage, the person is called DouZhe. I guess to differentiate it, it discard the word "Duan" in it. At this stage, it rank by stars. It is called Xing DouZhe. I donot know it got how many stars in it.

Then there is another stage which is Da Dou Zhe and Huang DouZhe.

Again, I'm not sure their power level. But even as I reading it ehm ehm skim through it, I got lost in its power level. The typo made it even difficult. Maybe if somebody can clarified how its power level is establish, it can make my reading easier

To simplified:

Stage 1-9 Duan Dou Zhe is called noob (I think :P)

Stage 1 - ?? Xing Dou Zhe is called DouZhe.

Stage xx is called Da DouZhe

Stage xx is called Huang DouZhe

[1] "Li" here being energy
    I had a play around the terms a bit and I think it's like this (nabbed a bit from you earlier :P)

Title Ranks within the Stages
    1. Apprentice (Dou Zhi) ------------------------------- Rank 1-3 = Low Level
    ------------------------------- Rank 4-6 = Middle Level
    ------------------------------- Rank 7-9 = High Level
    2. Practitioner (Dou Zhe) ------------------------------- Stars 1-3 = Low Level
    ------------------------------- Stars 4-6 = Middle Level
    ------------------------------- Stars 7-9 = High Level
    3. Warrior (Da Dou Zhe)
    4. Master (Dou Shi)
    5. Grand Master (Da Dou Shi)
    6. Guru (Dou )
    7. King (Dou Wang)
    8. Emperor (Dou Huang)
    9. Ancestor (Dou Zhu)
    10. Venerate (Dou Houtian)
    11. Peak Venerate (Ding Jian Dou Houtian)
    12. Demi-Saint (Ban Dou Xian)
    13. Saint (Dou Xian)
    14. God (Dou Sheng)

Please remember to use the spoiler tags, guys
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Just started to read this translation on Wuxiaworld, and couldn't resist scanning the original text... It's actually quite good... It is more than 1500+ chapters long... however the English translation got me introduced onto this novel...

Default Random bits, spoiler and question

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    Just started to read this translation on Wuxiaworld, and couldn't resist scanning the original text... It's actually quite good... It is more than 1500+ chapters long... however the English translation got me introduced onto this novel...
    IKR!

What fires does Xiao Yan get after the 2nd one? and when?
    After 1 thousand years later (spongebob nar. voice)

三千焱炎火 or Three Thousand Blazing Fire

What name is appropriate for 陨落心炎?

I called it Fallen Heart flame, but it seems off. This flame get its named for being formless, I assumed this flame is colorless, making it invisible to naked eye other then its killing heat.

@thunderhill
    6. Guru (Dou )

Its DouLing. I called it Holyknight stage. I was inspire by 7 Deadly Sins (anime) when giving that stage. Ling as in Holy used by He-man in ST.

Mystic Flame List
    骨灵冷火 = Bone Spirit Chilling Flame

English name inspire from ghost fire that appear in jap. ghost and anime like GSM, Doreamon and etc.
    This flame is white, and it have extreme cold and extreme heat joined together.

海心焰 = Ocean Heart Flame

This flame colour is ocean blue. It is a flowing flame that move like body of water.
    Last edited by theSwordoftheWest; 05-10-15 at 03:57 AM. Reason: update

Did he get several wives at the end?
    In the end did he get xun'er, ex-fiance, a snake woman, and soon getting ex-fiance's master as wife... 4 wives??? Story is quite long, so I wasn't sure from the rough translation I used...
    Last edited by szfong; 05-14-15 at 08:29 PM.

Meh there is hardly any content in these chapters

and 1/3 of the story is just him chasing the Mystic flame bleh

Next time won't get caught up in these overblown hype train

Quote Originally Posted by Kruptos San View Post
    Meh there is hardly any content in these chapters

and 1/3 of the story is just him chasing the Mystic flame bleh

Next time won't get caught up in these overblown hype train
    I'm at 666 chapter and he just only get his hand on second flames.Its over simplified saying it is about his quest for mystic flames actually. Since he didn't even hunt for all 23(I might be wrong on this one but I'm sure he get only 5 or 6 flames top). But I understand certain story have different appeal to different people.

Xian Ni is rich in magic.

ST and CD is rich in science and action.

DDDL is anime-ish.

BTTH is for me, witty dialogue, good human interaction, and though I don't like Xiaoyan because he hot-headed, but he is believable as human being.

I'm only at chapter 100 and something - when he goes to the desert to train up and look for his first mystic flame. I think the author is as good as "I Eat Tomatoes".

Could anyone tell me at what chapter does the fight between Xiao Yan and his ex fiancee take place? ( more like 100-150 , 200-250 ...) Alsi i'm reading through machine translator ( currently around 100th chapt) so i have a bit of trouble understanding about the "evolving skill" his master pass on to him , if someone could explain about the different fire he has to acquire , thanks .
    Last edited by deathblade; 05-17-15 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Since this is your first post I won't delete it. Please use spoiler tags, even when the spoiler is in a question.

Quote Originally Posted by bubuls View Post
    Could anyone tell me at what chapter does the fight between Xiao Yan and his ex fiancee take place? ( more like 100-150 , 200-250 ...) Alsi i'm reading through machine translator ( currently around 100th chapt) so i have a bit of trouble understanding about the "evolving skill" his master pass on to him , if someone could explain about the different fire he has to acquire , thanks .
    Chapter 334. BTTH translation is already reached Chpt 52. Its not long before explanation is given on "evolving skill".

Quote Originally Posted by theSwordoftheWest View Post
    Chapter 334. BTTH translation is already reached Chpt 52. Its not long before explanation is given on "evolving skill".
    Thank you

Default raw language of DPCQ

hey hello, i really did not know where to ask this but could you tell me one thing- is DPCQ in traditional or simplified chinese? i am learning chinese, so i want to know what should i study so that could read all manhuas and light novels
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate6 View Post
    hey hello, i really did not know where to ask this but could you tell me one thing- is DPCQ in traditional or simplified chinese? i am learning chinese, so i want to know what should i study so that could read all manhuas and light novels
    thank you
    It is Simplified. Even the Jing Yong stuff that was originally in HK traditional are now mostly available online in simplified form, I'm sure it was/is still printed in tradition as well. More than 90% of stuff out there is in Simplified Chinese... But it can be easily converted to Traditional Chinese using software, though some characters do not have 1 to 1 relationship, but they are still understandable even if wrong... See:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debate_...ese_characters

Good luck.
    Last edited by szfong; 05-25-15 at 10:32 PM.

hey thanks man, that really helped. sorry to pester you further- so is the manhua in simplified chinese as well? that way i could perhaps start learning the simplified chinese maybe? are most stuff out there (LN and manhuas) in simplified chinese?
    thanks again

Yes, almost all the Chinese stuff on the net are in Simplified Chinese. Only exceptions are Taiwan, HK and Macau sourced material, but they often have Simplified version... While it is less true the other way around.

thanks man!