View Poll Results: Which is your favourite?

Voters
202. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legend of the Condor Heroes

88 43.56%
  • Return of the Condor Heroes

68 33.66%
  • Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre

46 22.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOCH, ROCH or HSDS

1. ROCH
    2. HSDS
    3. LOCH

LOCH - guo jing and huang rong was cute couple.. the story is more light
    ROCH
    HSDS - watch it only to complete the triology..still haven't got attach to it yet.

wow...old thread...like 3 years old no?

having re-read the novels again recently...in order...does anyone else feel cheated by ZWJ?

I haven't finished HSDS yet btw.

WHen i say cheated i'm referring to the fact that both Guo Jing and Yang Guo start out the story with basic kung fu, more so for GUo Jing than YG who could beat quite a few opponants himselve, while ZWJ was virtually unbeatable by the time he left the cave.

thats such a rip off, theres no excitement in his duels as we know he will knock em down. the only time i felt any excitement was when he fought the two minions of ZM to help Z3F and when they were on the island. even though he was obviously stronger then them, he had to master a new skill just because they're kung fu was weird and there was two fighters or more.

YG i won't get into because he grows at a reasonable level, he didn't find his 'gift from heaven' until later in the series and only truely trained after he lost his arm and then after XLN had dissapear.

GJ was the slowest in hand combat but gained internal energy very fast, though both his skills were eventually furthured as the story moved on.

Not only that, ZWJ was such a perfect character is was imposible to kill him, the guy was one of the most powerful fighters, he could also be considered the best doctor around as he was skilled in both medicine and poison and was not dumb to boot. dame perfectionist!

HSDS has just kicked down to my 6 spot on favorite JY story.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

1. LOCH
    2. ROCH
    3. Daylight
    4. HSDS

HSDS was fine for a long while, but towards the end, it became seriously disappointing. I felt that even Jin Yong was losing interest towards the end, pulling off even more arbitrary than usual narrative tricks to wrap the story up.

1. LOCH
    2. ROCH
    3. HSDS

For me my favourite of the three will always be LOCH. I simply hated ROCH as the two leads (Yang Guo and Xiaolongnu) were so irritating and they were made to look good at the expense of others including ruining the characters of Guo Jing and Huang Rong who were my favourite characters from LOCH. HSDS for me was quite boring.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 08-05-10 at 08:23 PM.

I like andhave no preference for LOCH and HSDS. I simply dislike ROCH, though I quite like the adorable GX .
    Last edited by wkeej; 06-18-10 at 03:29 AM.

i don't have the patience to read the books to compare them and to know the original stories and intentions, so i'm basing my vote on the series that i have seen...

and I picked LOCH as my favorite. i absolutely love the story of GJ and HR and the events that went through together. I also love the idea of the Five Greats, that they each have their own title and that they're like old friends but not really. I just feel like I feel sorry and happy for GJ and HR more than I do with the other two stories/series.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I like andhave no preference for LOCH and HSDS. I simply dislike ROCH, though I quite like the adorable GX .
    I adore her too. I just re-watched ROCH 95 recently, and I feel like even though she only appeared in like that last 5 or 6 episodes, it seemed like she was almost more important than everyone else.

Definitely LOCH. Guo Jing and Huang Rong were Jin Yong's best protagonists and Yang Kang was his best villain.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Definitely LOCH. Guo Jing and Huang Rong were Jin Yong's best protagonists and Yang Kang was his best villain.
    i always find it funny how JY turn YK son to be a protagonist and GJ daughter to be almost-a-villain character instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    i always find it funny how JY turn YK son to be a protagonist and GJ daughter to be almost-a-villain character instead.
    This is what I mean by making YG look good at the expense of others. It'd be less disappointing if Jin Yong made GF less spoiled and dislikable and not make HR treat and view YG the way she did in ROCH. They even made the Wu Brothers useless and annoying. I think there were many different ways Jin Yong could have done to glorify YG without the expense of his protagonist from LOCH. Of course GJ and HR were not the only ones to suffer from this there were some others too especially the QZ Sect and don't make me go into that.

1. HSDS
    2. LOCH
    3. ROCH

HSDS was the first wuxia series I watched and I loved all of it, the story, characters, romance, sects. LOCH was good too, close second.
    ROCH to me was just about YG looking for XLN, find her only to separate again, then look for her again, separate, etc... My favourite parts of ROCH were the parts involving support characters such as GJ/HR, Guo Fu, Lu Wushuang, Guo Xiang.

Condor trilogy from china imo is trash, just this decade alone how many remakes are there for these 3 series alone? 2 each series? why cant they just make one thats perfect like TLBB or SOD.....

The first 3 productions from them was okay, but what was the purpose of another bootleg from a different POV perspective?

Series : ROCH Characters : YG, XLN

If we're talking specifically about ZJZ's remakes including LOCH03, ROCH06, and HSDS09/10, then it would be:

1. HSDS
    2. LOCH
    10000000. ROCH

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu View Post
    LOCH for me..
    after reading LOCH, i went to read ROCH but i feel smthin is lacking as compared to loch.. in fact, i was quite bored when i was reading ROCH... LOCH, to me, is more exciting and every pg is like an adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    If we're talking specifically about ZJZ's remakes including LOCH03, ROCH06, and HSDS09/10, then it would be:
    1. HSDS
    2. LOCH
    10000000. ROCH

I agree with the people that hate The Return of the Condor Heroes. I can only base my judgment on Zhang Ji Zhong's TV productions, but wow ... not even the beautiful Jessey Meng Guang Mei was enough to keep me awake during that trainwreck of a series. Although I have a feeling it had everything to do with the novel being a cheap, pointless sequel (unlike its predecessor, which had an ACTUAL epic story and therefore, a POINT) and nothing to do with the production values of the series itself.

Although I did feel like bashing in Huang Xiao Ming's face with a baseball bat throughout the entire series.

Story-wise, I found The Legend of the Condor Heroes to be immediately engaging. Return, on the other hand, is a mistake of Zha Liang Yong's that he never should have written. The story goes from being non-existent, petty crap to being the same rehash and only a shadow of its predecessor's far superior narrative. Not to mention the pathetic cameos of LotCH characters.

The Return of the Condor Heroes (2006) is like some direct-to-DVD Disney movie sequel.

Which brings me to ZJZ's 2006 adaptation, in which pretty much EVERY new actor playing a returning character was INFERIOR to the cast of LotCH (2003). Hong Qi Gong and Ouyang Feng were particularly pathetic. I may hate Ouyang Feng, but You Yong was fantastic in the role, unlike the old fart from Return.

The old guy that plays Guo Jing is also NOTHING like the character ... nor Li Ya Peng ... an epic fail on the part of whoever was involved with the casting.

In addition, Liu Yi Fei is overrated at best, and Yang Guo is easily my most hated character of any wuxia series/novel to date. Huang Xiao Ming's horrible fake acting, fake laughing, annoying little dick personality, and jackass face made it 10x worse. Their little showmance bored me to tears ... when it wasn't causing me to vomit up food.

The only thing that kept me watching was Jessey Meng as Li Mo Chou. Beautiful, fantastic actress ... dark, twisted, entertaining character. And maybe also Yang Mi as Guo Xiang.

The few actors from LotCH (2003) that actually DID reprise their roles (like Wang Wei Guo), made far too few appearances. This series just mostly had me pining for Zhou Xun and Li Ya Peng, a far more believable and engaging wuxia pair than Liu Yi Fei and Huang Xiao Ming.

Not to mention a narrative (the fall of the Jin Empire and the rise of the Mongols) that didn't suck.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 05-07-12 at 12:14 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

EDIT: I changed it
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 07-19-12 at 01:53 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Default Someone please reply to this question of mine?

All three Zhang JiZhong versions is so boring and dramatically long......They keep dragging things on and exaggerating the talking.
    The TVB Hong Kong versions is much more fun and fast paced to watch as they get straight to the point plus the comedic acting was well done.

LOCH is the best of the so-called trilogy. My 2nd favorite is HSDS.