Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: That Merciless Blade - Legends of the Arctic Wolf

Hi guys,

As I mentioned earlier, over time, I became very dissatisfied with the arc and the character; I felt that some characters were starting to feel like throwaway characters, and that there was too much foreshadowing/deus-ex-machina, and not enough firm, solid plot. So I have been remapping and rewriting the story in its entirety. Although the backstory is, by and large, still the same, I feel much more satisfied with the rewrite's setting; I feel that the world feels more 'real', with more 'depth', as well as the characters populating them.

I may begin posting again, but if I do, it will be from the very beginning; like I said, this is a very major rewrite, not just some editing. The prologue will remain the same, and there may be large chunks which I splice in almost wholesale, but the story itself will be very, very different in a lot of ways, but much stronger, imho.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Hi guys,

As I mentioned earlier, over time, I became very dissatisfied with the arc and the character; I felt that some characters were starting to feel like throwaway characters, and that there was too much foreshadowing/deus-ex-machina, and not enough firm, solid plot. So I have been remapping and rewriting the story in its entirety. Although the backstory is, by and large, still the same, I feel much more satisfied with the rewrite's setting; I feel that the world feels more 'real', with more 'depth', as well as the characters populating them.

I may begin posting again, but if I do, it will be from the very beginning; like I said, this is a very major rewrite, not just some editing. The prologue will remain the same, and there may be large chunks which I splice in almost wholesale, but the story itself will be very, very different in a lot of ways, but much stronger, imho.
    Hey ren keep in mind different strokes for different folks. im a highly intelegent 30 year old man. and yet i spend hours a day watching kids cartoons... why ? becouse sometimes simple plot with plenty of predicatable events is comforting and enjoyable.

keeping that in mind... i enjoyed your noval so far.

Any progress since July?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Any progress since July?
    Just saw this post.

No

I'll explain more later, time to sleep.

Can't believe it's approaching two years since I stopped.

Okay, you know what? Starting this weekend, I'm going to start writing/posting again. Even if I'm dissatisfied with how some of the story has turned out, I need to start writing again. Expect Chapter 21 on around this Saturday.

Now where did I leave that damn manuscript...

Okay, you know what? Starting this weekend, I'm going to start writing/posting again. Even if I'm dissatisfied with how some of the story has turned out, I need to start writing again. Expect Chapter 21 on around this Saturday.

Now where did I leave that damn manuscript...

It's very hard to restart after you've stopped for a long time. I know I've tried writing chpt summaries for my co-written fanfic and haven't gotten anywhere. Life just been much busier than when we had started writing.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    It's very hard to restart after you've stopped for a long time. I know I've tried writing chpt summaries for my co-written fanfic and haven't gotten anywhere. Life just been much busier than when we had started writing.
    I put mine aside for a decade before taking it up again. There are times when it'll seem totally dead and then, out of the blue, critical mass is achieved and it burns again. Of course, it's hard to tell precisely when that might happen...

If you put it away for a long, long while and then return to it, you'll find yourself dissatisfied with much of the earlier material. This is a GOOD thing, if you have the energy to follow up on it. You can revise the earlier material and in the end, come away with a higher quality final product.

Finish, then polish. That's gotta be my motto. Okay, tonight is writing night, right after I get some food! Will treat myself to a nice bowl of pho

Finish, then polish. That's gotta be my motto. Okay, tonight is writing night, right after I get some food! Will treat myself to a nice bowl of pho
    You better not use the excuse of food coma or MSG to excuse urself from writing and updating. I want an update by this weekend!

Default ren you need to take kens example

and finish up your first book so u can right the 2nd and 3rd parts to the series.

ummm also dont take 10 years about it ...ta
    Ali Derhamy

Default REN....we are waiting

waiting for you to continue the story....more than 3 year already...

It's been another two years, so I figured I'd bump this again.
    --=={Grundle}==--

stuck until now 31 desember2013
    master ren,where are you

Wow... It's been quite some time now!

i will keep post to this thread to keep it in fanfic 1st page, as reminder to Ren that we are still patiently waiting....

Master ren, you mean this coming saturday, right?

I think most of the readers here will be satisfied with just your rough drafts. What happens next in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by honaidy View Post
    I think most of the readers here will be satisfied with just your rough drafts. What happens next in the story?
    wishing mr ren all the best, health and happiness always accompany mr ren.

Default Ren...Where did you go?

Master Ren, please continue this wonderful piece of literature that you have written. I just found this in the fan-fictions in 2014, and all I can say is PLEASE CONTINUE THIS IS EPIC. All the best wishes to you coming from an eager fan.

Hi gents,

Since this is one of the forums that I frequent the most often, and since so many of you are like (really extended) family (whom I never meet and only know about) to me, I thought I would post this here. This is a work-in-progress for me; I've been working on it for a couple of months now, and it's spanned multiple chapters, up to a total of 83,000 words and 15 chapters as of this writing. The title, 'That Merciless Blade - Legends of the Arctic Wolf' is somewhat tentative. The story itself is a mixture of (high) fantasy, with a decent injection of Chinese Wuxia-styled and themed fighting at parts (Wuxia readers WILL recognize them).

I will, of course, greatly appreciate all comments; I will probably post new chapters at the rate of one per week. Thanks again! Much love,

Your friendly neighborhood tyrant, the distinguished gentleman of Star Absorption,

RWX
    Dear mr ren, will it there be continuation of the translation of this wonderful story? Hope you're well and happy... Big thanks for your valuable effort, rgds