Thread: Mie Jue's death

Default Mie Jue's death

Can someone kindly tell me all he details on how she died? Because I don't have a vivid picture in my head cause I was so young. It'd also be very nice if someone can post a video? Thank you.

She fell to her death from the tower Chiu mun used to lock up the six groups. She was fortunate enough for ZWJ to save her in mid air but she refused his help and chose to fall to her death.

Hey Mobyz, thank you so much for replying. But, is there a video that I can watch from any of the series to see her death?

Why don't you read it?

The book was fully translated and available in our wuxia translation subforum.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyz View Post
    She fell to her death from the tower Chiu mun used to lock up the six groups. She was fortunate enough for ZWJ to save her in mid air but she refused his help and chose to fall to her death.
    Chiu Mun deserves to die for all the bad deeds that she had done. She doesn't deserve a happy ending.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 04-27-12 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Chiu Mun deserves to die for all the bad deeds that she had done. She doesn't deserve a happy ending.
    Oh come on.

Besides, she got her own desserts in a very different way. Think of how she courted Zhang Wuji. She came out of it without a shred of dignity left, even though she got the guy.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    QFT

This statement can be used as an answer for a lot of these questions but some people just flat out refuse to read.
    Something, perhaps, that you have neglected to read.

A lot of adaptions and series add a lot of flavor to the novels that aren't actually in it, and I think it's fine to discuss it and note that it might actually by superior than the novel in some aspects. But I do agree that ultimately if you are attempting a serious dissection of a certain topic, the novel is just a better source for facts and arguments.

One thing that comes to mind is that in LOCH, it is repeatedly stressed that Qiu Qianren is only very slightly inferior to the Greats, and Zhou Botong without using his dual hands technique wasn't even able to gain an edge on him. Judging by the fights he's in and comparing him to how other Greats have performed, it really seems that he is not on their level but actually significantly weaker. Adaptations and series usually treat him as such, and he represents that guy clearly weaker than the Greats, but also stronger than Guo Jing and still dangerous.

I think it makes much more sense that way, and explains why Guo Jing can hold his own decently against him at times, and even gain an edge when it was Guo Jing + Huang Rong.

The novel says many times that he is the equal of the Greats, and the adaptions show only events without JY overlay, but I think the story would actually be more consistent (and thus adaption was superior in this aspect for me) if QQR was weaker.

Thanks, Han Solo. I found the novel/translation page but I don't even know where to start. So many different versions....