Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AUTUMN CONCERTO

I totally agree with everything you guys said.

click to show/hide spoilers
    there are some posts on asianfanatics that pretty much diss TY and MC, saying that they are annoyed with TY for confessing to MC. But for, I thought that part was really sweet and I actually teared up. I'm was a bit annoyed at how TY seemed to not care that CX left, but it was revealed that she ran away many times before. So it's understandable that he probably thinks it's just another one of those time.

I think MC did indeed suffered more than GX. Like you guys said, it's note easy raising a child alone. Some people said that MC is too weak of a character, but I have to disagree. I think she is really strong to continue living and to raise XL by herself without asking from help from others (though TY helped without her consent). She may not be those characters who fight back since she is too unselfish, but she's not a pushover either. During those few confrontation with GX's mom before the surgery, MC did speak back. She didn't yelled, but spoke calmly which I believe is harder to do. She keeps her feelings to herself and suffers by herself.
    www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy8 [Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng]

www.winglin.net/fanfic/Emilyy5 [oneshots]

I agree w/ you guy, MC isn't a helpless person, no offense about this the thing that I found most annoying about this series is the XL, somehow he just tick he off, the rest of the cast are k just him. How do GX remember about his past I wonder through lawyer friend or USB or flashback is GETTING INTERESTING

Why is everyone hating on the kid! Sure he's OTT sometimes but for someone his age to act and cry like he did is really something great.

Anyways..maybe just me or AC is starting to get draggy!...

So it's definitely 20 episodes like Wiki stated. hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Why is everyone hating on the kid! Sure he's OTT sometimes but for someone his age to act and cry like he did is really something great.

Anyways..maybe just me or AC is starting to get draggy!...

So it's definitely 20 episodes like Wiki stated. hmmmm...
    It's still not confirmed whether there will be 17 or 20 episodes but it might well be extended to 20 seeing how steadily the ratings are increasing with each week. Ep 14's rating broke "My Queen's" highest rating and the subsequent episodes might have a chance at exceeding “Prince Turns into Frog’s” highest rating score as well.

After completing the latest episode, I think the series is starting to approach an interesting direction. Am waiting to see how GX executes his “revenge” and how MC reacts to it. It’s quite surprising really because I didn’t expect this twist and had thought that they’d adopt the typical touching-reunion-which-later-leads-to-unhappiness-and-misunderstandings-but-ends-happily for the remaining episodes.

On a side note, Van Ness did a pretty commendable job after regaining his memory in episode 14; his acting has really improved by leaps.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

After completing the latest episode, I think the series is starting to approach an interesting direction. Am waiting to see how GX executes his “revenge” and how MC reacts to it. It’s quite surprising really because I didn’t expect this twist and had thought that they’d adopt the typical touching-reunion-which-later-leads-to-unhappiness-and-misunderstandings-but-ends-happily for the remaining episodes.
    I actually thought the revenge approach was pretty cliche. But I think I will still enjoy it. The only thing I don't like is how they always marry the girl for "revenge". It's sort of an overused plot device, I am so glad the drama is not following the novel, I read bits of it and it's pretty trashy. Same with My Lucky Star, the drama that the book is based on is so much better than the book. And somehow the book always sort of bad. The plot is just weak.

I am so glad AC is finally picking up, I felt like I was about to give up on it soon. How sad that so many ppl don't like XL, I rather like the kid. He's cute. I thought one of the best scenes in the drama was when he tells RGX that he know that he's not his father and that his father is not an alien.

Vanness has definitely improved in acting since I saw him in Meteor Garden...but that's the only other thing I've seen in him.

I'm really enjoy it now, I want to see what GX ultimate revenge going to be, but I think YQ is right about certain such as the question at the end of the esp 14, Did he do all of it because he hate MC or he still love her. To me in order to truly hate somebody you need to love that person, so regardless of his action part of GX still love MC. Vanness acting improve tremendous since MG. I hope that AC able to break prince of frog. For those who have watch this series, you are going to be in for a shock.

Quick question: Why do they randomly speak English here? Nothing against it....both Vanness Wu and Tiffany Xu's English is quite good, but this is my first modern and Taiwanese series and I'm just curious.

Have you ever heard of Spanlish ( half spanish & half english). I think is the same in this case for those whose being or boarding school in English region. I can't wait to see the ultimate revenge from GX.

sublimes has finally release ep 14
    "the old ren guang xi is back" how exciting lol
    i feel sorry for yi qian in this ep, i dont think what she did was wrong because she believed it was rgx own benefit and its not like she never wanted to tell him the truth. every time when she found out something about rgx past her initial reaction is to tell rgx but everytime someone (mu cheng, her mother in law ) stops her telling her its for the better good for rgx.
    She did what she did so it wont hurt rgx so she doesnt deserve to be hurt like that. I hope she gets a happy ending
    all in all its all the mums fault.
    next episode looks interesting though

my finger are cross waiting, the last few esp is getting good

OMG you going to love esp 15, it getting good.
    fyi, they're getting marry & TY is jail & you'll the wedding night its very romantic & sinful

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    OMG you going to love esp 15, it getting good.
    fyi, they're getting marry & TY is jail & you'll the wedding night its very romantic & sinful
    wait so they get married IN epi 15? or in the preview for the next one?

they're marrying in esp 15, TY is in jail & some steammy scene bwt GX & MC, want to see more

wow ep 15 sounds exciting cant wait to watch it
    their getting married? in the preview i was assuming it was yi qian and rgx who were going to get married as some sort of "revenge" or something
    ty is in jail? wonder what happened
    the rating seems to drop a little for ep 15 i hope it will still beat ftyl in the end xD

I guess the ratings dropped quite a bit because the bulk of ep 15 was focused on resolving/concluding Yi Qian's part. I too found ep 15 rather boring, especially the part with Yi Qian and her dad though her farewell scene with Guang Xi was pretty touching.

Am pretty amazed by how understanding and magnanimous a character Yi Qian is though I find her kindness slightly overwhelming and unnatural. Probably the reason why I don’t find myself liking the character much despite her saintly traits.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I guess the ratings dropped quite a bit because the bulk of ep 15 was focused on resolving/concluding Yi Qian's part. I too found ep 15 rather boring, especially the part with Yi Qian and her dad though her farewell scene with Guang Xi was pretty touching.

Am pretty amazed by how understanding and magnanimous a character Yi Qian is though I find her kindness slightly overwhelming and unnatural. Probably the reason why I don’t find myself liking the character much despite her saintly traits.
    oh, so she's gone from the show now? good, i didnt like her either for some reason.

I found YQ character not realistic enough, there no way she love GX without fighting for him, it more like friend than love. Sunnysnow you right the part about YQ & her father I just fast forward it.It pretty when she say farewell to GX, am little sad even though I don't like her. I praying that this series beat FTLY

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    I found YQ character not realistic enough, there no way she love GX without fighting for him, it more like friend than love. Sunnysnow you right the part about YQ & her father I just fast forward it.It pretty when she say farewell to GX, am little sad even though I don't like her. I praying that this series beat FTLY
    Why would she fight for RGX now when she knows he pretty much doesn't love her anymore? She wasted 6 yrs for him for nothing (well, except 'thanks' and 'i've been true to to you the past 6 yrs' farewell). Why waste more time?

I'm surprised nobody try to guess why MC left GX long time ago. Between the surgery timing & his mom's dislike towards her, that should give people some clues.

I like MC everything I just don't understand why she have to leave him before the surgery. I know she do it for him, but shouldn't she fight to be together w/ the person that you love not leave that person when they need you the most.

Quote Originally Posted by blueberry View Post

I'm surprised nobody try to guess why MC left GX long time ago. Between the surgery timing & his mom's dislike towards her, that should give people some clues.
    Wasn’t it already shown that the main reason was because GX’s mother forced her to by blackmailing her with GX’s life? Or are you referring to one of the other sub-reasons which was revealed in the later bits of the novel?

Wise Fool