Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the Title of a Series. Ask Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Sounds possible. "Su Ge" is definitely not a Cantonese name, but could sound close enough to "Siu Chi". Is this the show, Amyrose?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1d92zxhsdY
    yeah it is wow thank you soo much!! i really appreciate you finding this!!

deleted...
    Last edited by mideel; 09-05-12 at 08:09 AM.

do anyone know the vietnamese title of the drama Praying Mantis Boxing or if there is eng sub

is it true zu mountain saga and the gods and demons of zu mountain were taken from a novel.. what's the novel?

I'm really desperate so I'll try this thread...

I'm looking for this series from late 1980s or early 1990s (not sure here). It is a drama set in non modern China, about the palace. Basically the story revolves around a female fortune teller and a male fortune teller. They are always dueling in their feng shui/fortune telling wits and play for different teams. I distinctively remember that the male fortune teller has to "sneeze" in order to get a premonition (or be able to tell the fortune), whereas the girl is naturally gifted in it... The drama is naturally in Cantonese language...so I assume it is either TVB or ATV. This series really stuck to me when I watched it many years ago but I was far too young to remember it, only that I loved the series, the theme song and the lead actress was very pretty

wolsay1, I am just guessing here, is it Fate of the Last Empire? I've never watched it but my friends told me about it way back. From what I remember it sounds a lot like what you described.

Default forgot the name of this translated book

a master is killed by his 3 evil disciples
    passing hero saves master and master gives him his book
    which not only contains his true martial arts but also location to secret treasure

hero falls in love with governor's daughter so spends his days in jail in secret love with her
    governor imprissoned him because of the book

other hero is the disciple of the 3rd evil disciple and is in love with his master's daughter
    the first evil disciple invites them to his house, kills his younger disciple brother
    and has his son frame the second hero so that the beautiful girl eventually marries his son

the second hero meets the first hero, they master the new martial arts, escape, 1st hero dies when he learns his beloved was killed by her father. second hero somehow eventually finds himself in a snowy valley cut off from the rest of the world with 3 great masters (who are all killed by an evil saber using guy) 2nd hero masters his martial arts and kills the sabre guy....red heroine falls for him, but he leaves her to go back to his beloved

ptsome110, sounds like Lin Shing Keut. I never read the book but watched the TVB's adaptation and it's a very depressing series.

Default thanks so much for the responsell

3hrs of searching on this forum and i finally found it
    A Deadly Secret (The Book which you thought was the Martial Arts, but was Actually the Location to the Treasure)
    Its a good read: http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...)#.Uei89Y225sk

Hi first time posting, and I've been looking for something around the mid to late 1990s.

It's about a girl who, i think, is a very strong fighter and runs around the streets doing many thing things. 50%sure

She meets this guy who is just a "scholar" and they becomes friend. SHe always helps him because he is so helpless, but after nearly more than half the show, it turns out he's one of the LEAD secret assassin, that is very capable. 100%

Been looking for 3 years! Watched this after 1998... for sure when I was younger.

Hi,

I've been looking for this series for forever. My dad rent it went I was younger somewhere in the 2000's. I don't think it's TVB but since most dramas I watched was younger was TVB I'm going to give it a shot. I never finished the series and I really want too. SO PLEASE HELP IF CAN.

So the story is basically about a magistrate/rich boy(?) who goes into a town and starts to investigate things and then there's this girl who's really street smart and is greedy for money (she also owns a restaurant). Her and the guy don't like each other at all and are constantly at wits ends. Anyways, there's another girl who always acts weak and sweet but is really strong and knows kungfu and is set out on revenge (?) against her dad. Her dad was a hero who would steal from the rich and give to the poor and was known as the "smiling bandit" (?). Anyways her mom told her to look for him and stuff before she died. The girl who is pretending to be a weak timid girl and the magistrate guy starts to fall for each other. I remember a scene where they were eating tofu and the guy selling it was like "OH! I forgot to add sugar but it's already sweet because you two are so sweet to each other". or something like that.

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by speedlot View Post
    Hi first time posting, and I've been looking for something around the mid to late 1990s.

It's about a girl who, i think, is a very strong fighter and runs around the streets doing many thing things. 50%sure

She meets this guy who is just a "scholar" and they becomes friend. SHe always helps him because he is so helpless, but after nearly more than half the show, it turns out he's one of the LEAD secret assassin, that is very capable. 100%

Been looking for 3 years! Watched this after 1998... for sure when I was younger.
    this sounds so familiar! I want to know the title too!

I'm looking for an ancient series. Not sure if it's TVB or ATV but it's really old I think. I don't remember much but it's about this guy (I think he is a prince), every night he has a dream about a really pretty lady. Whenever he tries to reach her in the dream, she hides her face behind her fan and she disappears. I'm not sure but I THINK that he draws her and tries to find her. She does exist. There's also an evil lady who wants to marry him.

Keep in mind that it's a series set in the ancient times. It's also probably a really old series.

Did the monk have 9 stars on his foot?

Hey does anyone know a TVB series probably 6+ years or more back which is ancient, martial arts based and is about like king of beggars? not sure how to spell it in canto "KOI BONG"?? Any help would be appreciated!

Default Chinese Magic Kids Saving A Little Ghost Boy and Little Ghost Girl

Hi there, recently I've remembered an old film I have watched a long time ago about these Chinese kids that saved a little ghost boy and a little ghost girl or something. I watched this film a long time ago when I was pretty young and I can only remember bits and pieces of it. It was a fun little film about these human Chinese kids with magic powers or Taoist powers that befriended this little vampire/ghost Chinese boy, dressed in traditional Chinese deceased people clothes, and a young/little ghost girl in a white dress. Eventually, the little Chinese vampire/ghost boy and the little ghost girl had to return to inside of a little house/doll house/altar or something, and the human kids all entered the little altar/doll house thing to try and save them. After they entered the little altar/doll house thing, they had to fight all types of monsters/ghosts/spirits and whatnot to try and save their friends. While the kids were inside, some adults and a Taoist master were outside performing a ritual to try and bring the kids back out. I think, eventually in the end, the little ghost boy and the ghost girl had to stay in the doll house because there was a greater being holding them in, and the human kids returned outside and the little doll house was burned and destroyed. If you guys can help me out then thanks alot!

Hi everyone, I registered an account on this forum hoping somebody here would be able to help me with the TV series title and maybe later I'll have luck finding it.

First of all my Chinese sucks more now that I'm an adult than when I was younger. Watched this Cantonese TV series in 1982 when I was a child in Toronto,Canada on our multicultural TV station Channel 47. The show may probably be older, but I remember it was probably broadcast weekly in 1982. My guess the show probably had about 20 episodes or so.

The TV series took place in modern day Hong Kong, so it wasn't a period piece. It was more a drama, but there were elements that one could probably call it a bit of a ghost comedy. The main character was an old man, a widower who had adult children living with him. They all lived in a house or building together and it was haunted by ghosts. My recollection of detail is just terrible because I was so young. The only thing I remember is the old man carried a lamp when he went to find/deal with these ghosts in the house. Also, I think he had a daughter that was married and worked in a bank?

Would be great if I could find this old series and watch it and hear the music again as an adult. Thanks in advance!

Since I created my new account. I'm gonna try my luck on a second title for an ancient times swordsman based martial arts TV series I saw in 1984. Probably about 20 episodes or 25 episodes aired weekly on the same Channel 47 here in Toronto, Canada.

My Cantonese is extremely weak as I've lost practice with the language. I never did learn how to read or write Chinese. I can barely speak the language these days, that's why I'm trying to rewatch some old favorites and brush up on the language again.

I'll try to pronounce/spell the title how I remembered it. It had 5 syllables, so I'm guessing the title may have 5 words:

"Woon Fa Sai Game Look" --whole series was about reaching martial arts enlightenment and had amazing choreography and swordsmanship. My pronunciation/spelling of the word "Game" essentially meaning "sword" in Chinese. The word "Fa" for the Chinese word for "flower".

Main character was played by 2 actors. Second actor was used once character reached martial arts highest level and transformed into "different looking" person. First actor character's name was "Wun Fei Yeung".

Would just be just amazing if I could find these titles in the 2 posts I've inquired about and take a trip down memory lane. Bah, I'm getting nostalgic! LOL
    Last edited by Figaro; 02-18-14 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Figaro View Post
    Since I created my new account. I'm gonna try my luck on a second title for an ancient times swordsman based martial arts TV series I saw in 1984. Probably about 20 episodes or 25 episodes aired weekly on the same Channel 47 here in Toronto, Canada.

My Cantonese is extremely weak as I've lost practice with the language. I never did learn how to read or write Chinese. I can barely speak the language these days, that's why I'm trying to rewatch some old favorites and brush up on the language again.

I'll try to pronounce/spell the title how I remembered it. It had 5 syllables, so I'm guessing the title may have 5 words:

"Woon Fa Sai Game Look" --whole series was about reaching martial arts enlightenment and had amazing choreography and swordsmanship. My pronunciation/spelling of the word "Game" essentially meaning "sword" in Chinese. The word "Fa" for the Chinese word for "flower".

Main character was played by 2 actors. Second actor was used once character reached martial arts highest level and transformed into "different looking" person. First actor character's name was "Wun Fei Yeung".

Would just be just amazing if I could find these titles in the 2 posts I've inquired about and take a trip down memory lane. Bah, I'm getting nostalgic! LOL
    That's two different serials - the first is ATV's "Wan Hua Xi Jian Lu", starring Leslie Cheung, in which the white-robed man from Japan comes to China and duels China's martial arts masters to the death. The second one is ATV's "Reincarnated".

Wan Hua Xi Jian Lu (Spirit of the Sword)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZoWVM67Tg

Reincarnated:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9OuVSGWX4s
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 02-18-14 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    That's two different serials - the first is ATV's "Wan Hua Xi Jian Lu", starring Leslie Cheung, in which the white-robed man from Japan comes to China and duels China's martial arts masters to the death. The second one is ATV's "Reincarnated".

Wan Hua Xi Jian Lu (Spirit of the Sword)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZoWVM67Tg

Reincarnated:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9OuVSGWX4s

WOW...Thank you so much!!!

Those are definitely the 2 martial arts series which my foggy memory confused as just one. Didn't know they were both from the late 70's, always thought it was early 80's series.

I'm gonna try to find these titles here in Toronto now. Thanks again!

I'll probably need a miracle for my first post (#416) about the old man and the ghosts in his family's home. LOL

edit: I just googled "Reincarnated 1979" and found this link below and I'm pretty excited about the remake.

http://splashurl.com/n7qxft8
    Last edited by Figaro; 02-19-14 at 01:25 AM.

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find a couple of tv series that I saw when I was a kid but do not know the name of the series. I will list what I can remember from the series. Thank you!

1. I saw the series in the early 90s. I remember that the main character was a lone wolf and any girl who got involved with him would die. I remember there being a motorcycle in series, though it took place maybe in the 20s. I remember there being a pool table and a gay guy with long hair and white makeup that dressed in a suit. The opening theme song is this song.
    Theme Song (Kitaro: Orochi): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzNOj2HexQ
    ALSO: In the opening there is a guy with a mask and motorcycles circling him.

2. I saw the series in the early 90s. I remember that there were meteors that fell from the sky and were made into swords. There were two renowned blacksmiths, one worked for the king and the other was a hermit.

3. I saw the series in the early 90s. All I remember is there the main hero had his face disfigured maybe in the middle of the series, there was a very large battle at the end, and there was a sect in the series that were vampires.
    Last edited by oberatixx00; 07-01-14 at 10:19 PM.