Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: My Name is Kim Sam Soon

Quote Originally Posted by yearning View Post
    Overrated..way overrated. I couldn't even finish watching the second episode, and to think I actually own this....well it can go and collect dust because I certainly am not wasting my time on i.
    OMG!!!! Are you serious? You really don't like it? I love this series too! Even if KSS was annoying, I still thought it was a good series. Do you own the DVD? Wanna re-sell it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    OMG!!!! Are you serious? You really don't like it? I love this series too! Even if KSS was annoying, I still thought it was a good series. Do you own the DVD? Wanna re-sell it to me?
    Too late, Yearning is consider selling it to me. For a reasonable price, I might add.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Too late, Yearning is consider selling it to me. For a reasonable price, I might add.
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Is Holy Lady joking with GuGu?

YEARNING!!!! SELL TO ME!!! I GIVE YOU MORE THAN WHAT HOLY LADY IS WILLING TO GIVE!!! I ALSO PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING!!! I ALSO THROW IN NAKED PICTURE OF ME!!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Is Holy Lady joking with GuGu?

YEARNING!!!! SELL TO ME!!! I GIVE YOU MORE THAN WHAT HOLY LADY IS WILLING TO GIVE!!! I ALSO PAY FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING!!! I ALSO THROW IN NAKED PICTURE OF ME!!!!
    Wow, you're going to give her medicine money to treat her blind eyes before flashing her with a nude picture of you (which causes blindness to sensitive eyes)? How nice.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Wow, you're going to give her medicine money to treat her blind eyes before flashing her with a nude picture of you (which causes blindness to sensitive eyes)? How nice.
    Okay, scratch the nude pic.

@ Yearning- How about we do a swap? I send you something you want to watch and you send me KSS?

Smile

this is my forever favourite korean drama. the cast, especially Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin are really cute together, another reason why i love this drama is because the cast and crews are also good friends in real life...even until now...

these are their pics when they visited Hyun Bin at the set of Snow Queen to support him...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/snowholic/samsoon/ss4.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/snowholic/samsoon/ss1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/snowholic/samsoon/ss3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/snowholic/samsoon/ss2.jpg')
    source: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=308077965
    Kim Samsoon, Kim Sun Ah, Hyun Bin, and other K-Drama Fans, Join Our SunBin Fans Club Forum,
    Click => SunBin Fans Club Forum!!!

i watch this for daniel henney only

Who is she?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj182/snowholic/samsoon/ss2.jpg')

Who is she?

I'm guessing a fan or someone from the filming and writing crew?

For me, this series is "OK" to watch, not bad for sure. But i think there is nothing special.

At the beggining it is a bit boring for me, but it is "Ok" at the middle and end of this series. The actor and actress can act wel.

I'm guessing a fan or someone from the filming and writing crew?
    she's the production assistant
    Kim Samsoon, Kim Sun Ah, Hyun Bin, and other K-Drama Fans, Join Our SunBin Fans Club Forum,
    Click => SunBin Fans Club Forum!!!

thought this movie was beyond hilarious.. i loved it.. =] it was sad too

I'm not watching this drama for the second time... must have been since 4 years or so already. Wow, I only remembered some of the scenes and I forgot how much I used to like Hyun Bin in here. Brings back the good times.

Although, I guess I was a little young back then to think so much about the whole plot. What I find kind of sad is that Sam Shik chose Sam Soon over Hee Jin. It's totally understandable when looking at his point of view. Although, poor Hee Jin. She didn't do anything wrong at all, yet he still chose Sam Soon over her. I know I know ... things changed because it's been three years. Still! It was painful to watch the ending of episode 13. I think it was? I didn't feel bad for her, but now I really do. Truthfully, if I was in her position who could resist Daniel? Talking about personality here. I mean I love both of the guys' looks. They're both attractive in their own way.

I still can't comprehend how he can move on from her. Yes, once again they haven't been together for 3 years, but shouldn't a lot of memories stick behind Sam Shik's (I like calling him that ) memory bank. Doesn't he feel sad over them? Just by watching him reminiscing about Hee Jin makes me sad already. How they used to have their picnic and so on?

Another thing I didn't like was the fact that he kept on going on to Sam Soon without completely breaking it off with Hee Jin. It seemed like he was playing around at some point. Sure, he's confused, but what kind of excuse is that? He was hurting both of them...

By the way, Kim Sun Ah's acting is hilarious. I give her props!
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    I'm not watching this drama for the second time... must have been since 4 years or so already. Wow, I only remembered some of the scenes and I forgot how much I used to like Hyun Bin in here. Brings back the good times.

Although, I guess I was a little young back then to think so much about the whole plot. What I find kind of sad is that Sam Shik chose Sam Soon over Hee Jin. It's totally understandable when looking at his point of view. Although, poor Hee Jin. She didn't do anything wrong at all, yet he still chose Sam Soon over her. I know I know ... things changed because it's been three years. Still! It was painful to watch the ending of episode 13. I think it was? I didn't feel bad for her, but now I really do. Truthfully, if I was in her position who could resist Daniel? Talking about personality here. I mean I love both of the guys' looks. They're both attractive in their own way.

I still can't comprehend how he can move on from her. Yes, once again they haven't been together for 3 years, but shouldn't a lot of memories stick behind Sam Shik's (I like calling him that ) memory bank. Doesn't he feel sad over them? Just by watching him reminiscing about Hee Jin makes me sad already. How they used to have their picnic and so on?

Another thing I didn't like was the fact that he kept on going on to Sam Soon without completely breaking it off with Hee Jin. It seemed like he was playing around at some point. Sure, he's confused, but what kind of excuse is that? He was hurting both of them...

By the way, Kim Sun Ah's acting is hilarious. I give her props!
    Okay. We shall call him Sam Shik.

I think Sam Shik chose Sam Soon over Hee Jin because he's fallen in love with her. You're right, Sam Shik and Hee Jin have been apart for three years. But during those three years, Sam Shik has carried the feelings of guilt, grief and resentment. The guilt of "causing" his older brother and sister-in-law's death and the deep grief of losing the brother he loved and respected too. He had resentment for Hee Jin for not being there for him during his time of grief and loss. He believed she abandoned him without a word. That's what he felt and believed for three years.

Of course, Sam Shik, deep down, still "loved" and cared for Hee Jin. But that feeling of love was also accompanied with pain and agony of what happen three years before. As much as he want to go back to the good times he had with Hee Jin, things have changed for them. I think the events three years still carried much weight and pain for him. It's not that he's 'playing around', but he's confused as whether he should resume the life he had with Hee Jin or respond and go with the part of him that has form new feelings of love for Sam Soon. I think the scene where he mistakenly calls Hee Jin, Sam Soon sorta speaks for itself. He has fallen in love with Sam Soon without realizing it. He's changed.

When he learns to let go of the grief and loss of his brother, he had to let go of the past and well, as good as the memories he had with Hee Jin. It's just memories now. If you go back to the episode where Sam Soon and Hee Jin meet at some cafe or place to have a drink, Sam Soon puts it pretty nicely that memories are just memories or something like that. It was pretty early in the series, Hee Jin initated that meeting between them.

Okay. We shall call him Sam Shik.

I think Sam Shik chose Sam Soon over Hee Jin because he's fallen in love with her. You're right, Sam Shik and Hee Jin have been apart for three years. But during those three years, Sam Shik has carried the feelings of guilt, grief and resentment. The guilt of "causing" his older brother and sister-in-law's death and the deep grief of losing the brother he loved and respected too. He had resentment for Hee Jin for not being there for him during his time of grief and loss. He believed she abandoned him without a word. That's what he felt and believed for three years.

Of course, Sam Shik, deep down, still "loved" and cared for Hee Jin. But that feeling of love was also accompanied with pain and agony of what happen three years before. As much as he want to go back to the good times he had with Hee Jin, things have changed for them. I think the events three years still carried much weight and pain for him. It's not that he's 'playing around', but he's confused as whether he should resume the life he had with Hee Jin or respond and go with the part of him that has form new feelings of love for Sam Soon. I think the scene where he mistakenly calls Hee Jin, Sam Soon sorta speaks for itself. He has fallen in love with Sam Soon without realizing it. He's changed.

When he learns to let go of the grief and loss of his brother, he had to let go of the past and well, as good as the memories he had with Hee Jin. It's just memories now. If you go back to the episode where Sam Soon and Hee Jin meet at some cafe or place to have a drink, Sam Soon puts it pretty nicely that memories are just memories or something like that. It was pretty early in the series, Hee Jin initated that meeting between them.
    My bad, I am watching this series for the second time. I get what you're saying, but imagine being in Hee Jin's shoes? I'm getting a perspective of each character here. I understand Sam Shik quite enough and I know this happens often in reality. People change after a while; who can control this factor? No one seriously. Although, at some point of the drama I felt so sad.

By looking at Sam Shik's point of view, he's really serious about this whole matter. Although, he should have at LEAST stepped back for a while to think about it over for himself, rather than going back and forth not knowing what to do. I am not saying he's a bad person overall, but if someone were to tell me this story, I'd be like he's a bad boyfriend.. or bad guy when it comes down to love.

Another thing I don't get is why Sam Soon seemed so straightforward when she knows that Hee Jin is sick. I acknowledge the fact that she told Hee Jin that Hyun Bin has to choose. Although, having her telling Hee Jin some certain stuff seemed a bit harsh. Every girlfriend has the right, to tell someone to back away from their boyfriend NICELY. I don't know maybe, everyone has a different opinion about this.

I guess I have a different opinion when it comes to these kind of things. Truthfully, I wouldn't be able to stand up to this kind relationship if I was Sam Soon. This whole idea made me lose interest in Hyun Bin's character. Just a tad I mean.

Hee Jin was right at some point, Sam Soon will become as boring as her someday.

I thought he gave up on Hee Jin too quickly, after doing all the waiting for three years.
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 04-22-09 at 04:20 PM.
    -

I guess I understand what you mean. Sam Shik's mother strongly request Hee Jin to leave Sam Shik and go get cured of her sickness. She didn't want a daughter-in-law that would die and cause pain to her son. It's the same situation as the love triangle or square in Terroir. The director/screenwriter does make us empathize with Hee Jin's character as well as Sam Soon and Sam Shiky .

Love the talking Sam Soon Pig scene.

Eventually, Hee Jin was able to move on with Dr. Henry (Daniel) too. Henry loves Hee Jin and treated her better than Sam Shik did.

BTW, I never understood why these Korean guys can't just hold or grab hold of the girl's HAND instead of the WRIST. It would be more romantic to grab her hand and run off instead of taking her wrist like she's some limp old teddy bear to be dragged off.

I guess I understand what you mean. Sam Shik's mother strongly request Hee Jin to leave Sam Shik and go get cured of her sickness. She didn't want a daughter-in-law that would die and cause pain to her son. It's the same situation as the love triangle or square in Terroir. The director/screenwriter does make us empathize with Hee Jin's character as well as Sam Soon and Sam Shiky .

Love the talking Sam Soon Pig scene.

Eventually, Hee Jin was able to move on with Dr. Henry (Daniel) too. Henry loves Hee Jin and treated her better than Sam Shik did.

BTW, I never understood why these Korean guys can't just hold or grab hold of the girl's HAND instead of the WRIST. It would be more romantic to grab her hand and run off instead of taking her wrist like she's some limp old teddy bear to be dragged off.
    Well, I guess I feel emotional watching it because I've been through a similar situation. Makes me confuse just by thinking about it.

I loved episode 2. The part where she got drunk and she went to get her money from the bank. Hilarious indeed!

I believe Daniel is more suited for her also. IMO, though he'll never love her the way Sam Shik used to. That's why I find it kind of sad. It's hard to find another person like him and she just lost the OLD him. She's such a wonderful person though, that I know she'll find another person. Hard to say as good.

Seriously, I think it's part of the Korean ritual. Never pull by the hand. Very good question though . The Korean dramas always do the same thing over and over again. For example: the piggy back rides.. blehh and amusement parks and so on ... I guess they want to keep it like that.

Another question, do you think he would have stayed with Hee Jin the way he's going after Sam Soon now, if she didn't leave three years ago? Even if he meets Sam Soon? Would it have been 180 degree different?
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 04-22-09 at 04:39 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Another question, do you think he would have stayed with Hee Jin the way he's going after Sam Soon now, if she didn't leave three years ago? Even if he meets Sam Soon? Would it have been 180 degree different?
    If Hee Jin didn't leave him 3 yrs ago, he would have no chance to meet Sam Soon, because he wouldn't open that restaurant. BTW if she didn't leave, Sam Shik wouldn't change. It means he won't love Sam Soon (in 13 episode he said to Hee Jin that he had changed, so he had loved Sam Soon) May be in some way If he meet Sam Soon, I think, he'll just think she's idiot

It will totally 180 degree different!!!

And it's very strong storyline however already 4 yrs passed it's still hot issue!
    Be Busy like Jimmy!

Hello,
    May I also add that in the 3 years, Hee Jin went through a lot too and Sam Shik was not by her side either.

Things might have been different if she had kept in contact with him, even if she had to be away for three years. Sure, she might have wanted to spare him the bad news about her illness when he was still recovering from the accident. However, after a month or two, didn't she feel like she wanted to get in touch with him? Didn't she want to know how he was?

It was naive of her to think the after those three 'long' and traumatic years, they could just snap back to how they were before. I think he too thought that they could magically pick up from where they left off three years ago but he realised before she did that it was not possible.

Easily the best Korean romantic comedy of all time. Kim Sun Ah rocks!
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com