Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous old ATV/TVB series

oh I did not know. What other series was Gallen and Maggie in? In the later 90s, I just recall a threshold of an era. Less rental stores.

I haven't gotten far, I forgot what episode Im on but still in the beginning somewhere. I think both wife accepted each other and both had a boy. I think they are both very good and convincing Actress (Wu mei yee and fung bo bo).

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    oh I did not know. What other series was Gallen and Maggie in? In the later 90s, I just recall a threshold of an era. Less rental stores.
    Maggie wasn't in TOAE. Gallen and Maggie worked together in Cold Blood Warm Heart, Old Time Buddies 1 & 2, and Mystery Files.

I haven't gotten far, I forgot what episode Im on but still in the beginning somewhere. I think both wife accepted each other and both had a boy. I think they are both very good and convincing Actress (Wu mei yee and fung bo bo).
    I think both actresses have great chemistry together! I feel like slapping the husband.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Hi ,have anyone watch or remember this serial The Witness of Time 天若有情 by Anthony Wong and Ekin Cheng

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvb.com/mytv4/poster/1035/103418_200.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.paochebao.com/Source/image/2015/03/12/8E9D66E6327F090F603EB8845C6D5A40.jpg')

I only remember Ekin is bad guy in this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Maggie wasn't in TOAE. Gallen and Maggie worked together in Cold Blood Warm Heart, Old Time Buddies 1 & 2, and Mystery Files.

I think both actresses have great chemistry together! I feel like slapping the husband.
    lol yes slapping the husband but poon chi man does a very good job here too.

Quote Originally Posted by galvatron View Post
    Hi ,have anyone watch or remember this serial The Witness of Time 天若有情 by Anthony Wong and Ekin Cheng

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.tvb.com/mytv4/poster/1035/103418_200.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.paochebao.com/Source/image/2015/03/12/8E9D66E6327F090F603EB8845C6D5A40.jpg')

I only remember Ekin is bad guy in this drama.
    Sorry. Haven;t seen it but Hugo looks really young in that pic. What is it about?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Do you guys remember a Vixen's Tale? Found this clip online. Sharon and Yammie are so pretty. https://youtu.be/mNRBBwihNfs

Do you guys remember a Vixen's Tale? Found this clip online. Sharon and Yammie are so pretty. https://youtu.be/mNRBBwihNfs
    Only vaguely. I always get it confused with "The Serpentine Romance" with Hugo and Maggie (x2).
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Only vaguely. I always get it confused with "The Serpentine Romance" with Hugo and Maggie (x2).
    I actually never heard of this series, looks really good thou.

I actually never heard of this series, looks really good thou.
    It is basically a very loose adaptation of "The Legend of Madame White Snake" where both the White Snake and the Green Snake fall for the scholar. But White Snake gets raped by this Bat Demon and Green Snake has the scholar's kid without him knowing. The story could have turned out horrible but it was pretty well done.
    Cyril Connolly

ah, looks interesting, will look for this series later.

I think you mention God of Honours somewhere in the forum and I'm up to episode 10, but still no Irene Wan. Is she not a lead in this series?

She becomes one of the most important characters near the middle.

ah, looks interesting, will look for this series later.

I think you mention God of Honours somewhere in the forum and I'm up to episode 10, but still no Irene Wan. Is she not a lead in this series?
    She is the most important female in the whole series and she is the female lead. Her existence affects the lives of everyone on the latter half of the series. But the main theme of the story is filial piety so the first half is dedicated to Na Zha's rocky relationship with his parents and how he becomes a good kid.
    Cyril Connolly

I'm at episode 20 now, starting to see a lot more of Irene now. I like her relationship with her sister. Its been a very long time since I've seen Fiona Yuen in any series, is she retire now?

I like Kingdom Yuen in here, she is funny.

Charybdis - Wow. I really wanted to see this series because of Maggie Siu. She's always been one of my fave actresses. I read the series summary a long time ago and thought it wasn't worth watching because of the story, but if you say it's well done then, I will check it out. That is if I can find it somewhere.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-21-15 at 10:21 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Gods of Honours? I remember being really annoyed by Benny Chan's Na Zha and Evergreen Mak's character.

BTW, I was listening to Deric Wan's song from Greed of Man and I can't seem to remember why Ding Hai's sons jumped off the building in the end. Any one remember? It's been a really long time since I watched it, partly because I am sad by Vivian Chow's character's death in the end.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Gods of Honours? I remember being really annoyed by Benny Chan's Na Zha and Evergreen Mak's character.

BTW, I was listening to Deric Wan's song from Greed of Man and I can't seem to remember why Ding Hai's sons jumped off the building in the end. Any one remember? It's been a really long time since I watched it, partly because I am sad by Vivian Chow's character's death in the end.
    They decided to jump off the building in the end because they lost all their money and other triad boss money. I think David Siu's character mention that any minute now when they walk out the building, someone will be after their life.

I'm at episode 20 now, starting to see a lot more of Irene now. I like her relationship with her sister. Its been a very long time since I've seen Fiona Yuen in any series, is she retire now?
    Yeah. Fiona got married. But I sort dislike Fiona's character in GOH. I get why Irene'e Daji turned bad.

Benny's Na Zha as the rebellious kid was annoying but that was the point of his story. He got moved by his mother's continuous sacrifice for him and eventually saw through his own recklessness and selfishness and turned good. There was a sweet moment shared before Kingdom died.

Evergreen wasn't in it. It was Michelle's character that I could not stand. I did not see a point in her character as Na Zha did not need a love interest, nor did he even ever see her as anything more than his best friend's sister. And as far as sacrifice and unconditional love went, Kingdom's motherly love overshadowed any romantic love that Michelle had for Benny.

I didn't like GOH when it first came out but now that I am rewatching it on TVB, it is not really that bad. After watching the recent Mainland versions (I only watched it for Sammul, my poor Sammul), I totally prefer TVB's version. I heard that in the upcoming one, Er Lang Shen and Daji are going to be childhood sweethearts torn apart by fate.

Dong Hai was having so much luck in the stocks that the major international mobsters like the drug cartels, mafia, etc. invested their dirty money into Ding Hai's 5 Crabs Pty Ltd so it could be laundered. But when Ding Hai lost, he not only bankrupted himself, but also lost billions and billions of the mobster's money. There really was no way out. The five were going to be killed eventually so Ding Hai thought they would take the hero's way out and jump off the building.
    Last edited by charbydis; 09-22-15 at 07:55 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

I never saw the mainland version but heard it had very good ratings. Never got a chance to watch it yet. So they are making another version? Kind of weird to have Er lang seng and daji as childhood sweet hearts.

So far watching it, I thought Irene's character would get possess but it looks more like she is taking advice from the demon. Thought it was sad that Fiona broke her promise and ignore Irene once she got the emperors favor. It was heart breaking to see all the concubines that lost the emperors favor turn mad. What happen to the guy who was suppose to help Irene leave the palace that night? Was it just an empty promise since he didn't show up?

I never saw the mainland version but heard it had very good ratings. Never got a chance to watch it yet. So they are making another version? Kind of weird to have Er lang seng and daji as childhood sweet hearts.
    Don't watch it unless you really want to. High ratings does not mean it is a good series. Seriously, this story has been done to death in the past decade so the new series just wants to introduce new stories to make it more interesting.

So far watching it, I thought Irene's character would get possess but it looks more like she is taking advice from the demon. Thought it was sad that Fiona broke her promise and ignore Irene once she got the emperors favor. It was heart breaking to see all the concubines that lost the emperors favor turn mad.
    Irene was born to be the queen of the fox spirits so the nine-tailed was just trying to bring out her evil side to fulfil her destiny to topple the Shang dynasty to avenge the emperor's insult to the goddess Nuwa. But once Irene's evil side came out, she was the one in charge. The series tries to make Daji more pitiful and more human as if she is an earlier version of We Zetian. But Irene will have some special powers as seen in the last ep.

What happen to the guy who was suppose to help Irene leave the palace that night? Was it just an empty promise since he didn't show up?
    It was never explained in the series but my guess is that it was the nine-tailed fox pretending to be him all along so Daji can see how empty human love was and give in to her evil side. I think it is like that because it is out of character for Bo Yikao (Marco Lo) to ditch her like that and also the fact that the night was never brought up in conversation after. Maybe TVB edited out some scenes.
    Cyril Connolly

I only heard about the mainland version because of Eddie Kwan and Steve Ma. But since you do not recommend it, I will stay away.

When did the emperor insult the goddess Nuwa? Maybe I missed that, I just know after his father passed away, he didn't do his duty as king and just spend all his time with women. So far Irene is turning very evil and torturing the good.

In some ways, I pity pipa (Angela tong's character). Sometimes I think she is mean and annoying but you also see that she really cares for lee jing.

Now that you mention it, it could be the nine tail fox pretending to be bo yikao because he never mention that Irene killed the maid when the king sentenced him to death. I didn't really understand why Irene was trying to seduce him thou. Do you think she liked him? It doesn't look like she likes the emperor at all.