Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Wuxia RPG Discussion Thread

OK, posted. Not sure what information Gouryo wanted from my guy in specific, so I left it open to later interpretation.

Btw, CC: loved the inn-keeper association post!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Hmmm... where r the others? I missed their posts...
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    Hmmm... where r the others? I missed their posts...
    IcyFox is going to come back from hibernation since his character has became the CHIEF of Beggar Sect. And I want to gather a crew in search for Sword God. And while we're at sea, we can have another adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    To PJ,

Do you need Ren Nilai? Can I finish him off? I need a major tough guy to advance the character development of the 2 swords.
    Sure, you can finish him off, but not too easily, please (he is a powerhouse after all).

But first, I would like for him to have told the gang some additional information about how to find SWORD GOD's sexy assistant Zhang Yawen. This could be mentioned now or be told later.
    (I haven't caught up with the latest developments yet, so I don't know how the SWORD GOD hunting plot is going; but last I wrote, the gang had ZERO information about how to find this chick, so they need some clues)

EDIT: Actually, I intended for him to have been asked by SHANDONG SKY-SPLITTING PALM Wang Hong to come to rescue.
    Last edited by PJ; 02-13-08 at 12:24 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Yes, I noticed a lot of XAJH references. Eunuch Lin, for example, clearly seems to be practicing some form of KHBD. I rather like it
    Don't forget your ancestor Ren Nilai. In this story, He is meant to be the inventor of Xixing Dafa.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Sure, you can finish him off, but not too easily, please (he is a powerhouse after all).

But first, I would like for him to have told the gang some additional information about how to find SWORD GOD's sexy assistant Zhang Yawen. This could be mentioned now or be told later.
    (I haven't caught up with the latest developments yet, so I don't know how the SWORD GOD hunting plot is going; but last I wrote, the gang had ZERO information about how to find this chick, so they need some clues)

EDIT: Actually, I intended for him to have been asked by SHANDONG SKY-SPLITTING PALM Wang Hong to come to rescue.
    Of course, he will be winning against the combined might of the 2 swords until something happens.

Maybe Wang Hong should finally appear.

BTW, where is everyone going to stay now that all inns are closed?

Abandoned temple time?

To RWX,

Gouryu wants the Martial Treatise of the Last Empress of Yan. So it was supposed to be an exchange. Can you edit your post?
    Last edited by CC; 02-13-08 at 03:59 AM.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

When this is all done, we should conduct a Ultimate Ranking of the Ultimate RPG Universe. I'm starting to envision it like this:

Undefeatable Level: Eunuch Lin

Elite Level: Jiudala, Black-Faced Buddha, Reverend Rongku (hint hint, he is not as dead as you think)
    (REAL MAN Zhang Sanfeng [by reference])

Cream of the Crop: Cui Tieshou, Hua Wuji, Zhang Wuque, Zhuang Zheng/Taoist Priest 9 Wings, Long Wulang, Ren Nilai (the real one)

First Class: Abbot Hui, Yu Lianzhou, Third Master Pang Yu, Dongfeng Hong, Lu Changfeng
    Last edited by PJ; 02-13-08 at 04:17 AM.

Ultra Elite : Black Faced Buddha (after resurrection), Gouryu

Super Elite Level: Jiudala, Black-Faced Buddha, Reverend Rongku (hint hint, he is not as dead as you think)

Elite: Cui Tieshou, Hua Wuji, Zhang Wuque, Zhuang Zheng/Taoist Priest 9 Wings, Ren Nilai (the real one)

Cream of the Crop :Abbot Huilin, Lu Changfeng,

Top Masters: Yu Lianzhou, Third Master Pang Yu, Dongfeng Hong, Long Wulang,Jiang Fei, Lady Shizuka, Minamoto

1st Rate : Zhang Liu, Sima Feiyun. Gu Hongwu, Yan Hongye

Skilled Exponents : Huizhu, Huixin, Elder Deng, Imperial Captain Guo, Ze Zengrong

2nd Rate : Elder Pan, Fan Jing

Addded some you missed out (in italics) and re-arrange things to MHO.

BTW, its Abbot HuiLIN. Just like there is no Abbot Xuan and Abbot Fang. You need the full buddhist name.
    Last edited by CC; 02-13-08 at 04:57 AM.

I like how you added 2 levels in between 1st and 2nd rate.

Abbot HuiLIN's name has been screwed up from the very beginning. I propose we "jiang cuo jiu cuo" and declare his name as simply Abbot Hui, a wuxia first and somewhat of an inside joke (along with Dongfeng Hong).

Is Gouryu the one who froze time and space?

By the way, the way Long Wulang was described against Jiudala, he should be higher than Pang Yu and Dongfeng Hong, who got K.O.ed by Jiudala in one stance.

Is Gouryu the one who froze time and space?

By the way, the way Long Wulang was described against Jiudala, he should be higher than Pang Yu and Dongfeng Hong, who got K.O.ed by Jiudala in one stance.

Yes. Since he is supposed to be Yamato's #1, should not be too shabby.

I wanted Zhang and Hua to be below Ren Nilai as well.

Perhaps Pangyu and DongFENG Hong were pre-occupied by each other? Or just use 'wuxia maths' to explain the inconsistency.

p.s. Theoretically Jiudala who mastered the Yijinjing, ALL 72 arts and the Flaming Blade Foot should be undefeatable but what the heck. Lets assume the took some shortcuts and express versions of the skills.

BTW, noticed that a LOT of PCs have a piece of the 9 Yin. Its got to be the #1 most common art around.
    Last edited by CC; 02-13-08 at 05:26 AM.

Yes. Since he is supposed to be Yamato's #1, should not be too shabby.
    Yes, Gouryu-freeze time and space-san should be an equal to Black-Faced overturn the universe Buddha.

I wanted Zhang and Hua to be below Ren Nilai as well.
    Oh, feel free to make it so.
    I just happened to forget about that.

Perhaps Pangyu and DongFENG Hong were pre-occupied by each other?
    That's a valid explanation. But still, I think Jiudala should have killed Long Wulang very quickly if Long is in fact 3 whopping levels below.

p.s. Theoretically Jiudala who mastered the Yijinjing, ALL 72 arts and the Flaming Blade Foot should be undefeatable
    True, we can say he's at 80% to 90% of Lin's level. After all, Jiu did give Lin a good match.

Just for fun, here's the JinYongified levels I imagine everyone to be, using DGSD as the standard:

Sweeper Monk's level

Ultra Elite : Black Faced Buddha (after resurrection), Gouryu
    Tianshan Tonglao's level

Super Elite Level: Jiudala, Black-Faced Buddha, Reverend Rongku (hint hint, he is not as dead as you think)
    Xiao Feng's level
    NOTE: you might ask, how can one who mastered Yijinjing, 72 arts, Great Flaming Blade Foot, Xiao Wuxiang Gong, etc - only be at Great level? The answer: these arts have deteriorated by Ming dynasty. Just look at SPW's Fangzheng: he also mastered Yijinjing and 11 or 12 of the arts.

Elite: Cui Tieshou, Hua Wuji, Zhang Wuque, Zhuang Zheng/Taoist Priest 9 Wings, Ren Nilai (the real one)
    Slightly better than Elder Kurong's level

Cream of the Crop :Abbot Huilin, Lu Changfeng
    Murong Fu's level

Top Masters: Yu Lianzhou, Third Master Pang Yu, Dongfeng Hong, Long Wulang,Jiang Fei, Lady Shizuka, Minamoto
    Grandfather Tan/Duan Zhengchun's level

1st Rate : Zhang Liu, Sima Feiyun. Gu Hongwu, Yan Hongye
    Evil #3/Elder Xu Chongxiao's level

Skilled Exponents : Huizhu, Huixin, Elder Deng, Imperial Captain Guo, Ze Zengrong
    Zhong Wanchou/You Tanzhi's father's level

2nd Rate : Elder Pan, Fan Jing
    Zuo Zimu/Zhu Baokun's level

By the way, do you think our stronger heroes, judging by their level at the beginning of the story--Fang Wudi, Zhuo Jiali, and Ling Jun Yan--should be at least 2nd rate (Zuo Zimu's level)? After all, in the real HSDS, the #1 elder of Beggar's Union put up a good fight against a Xuanming Elder, and Fang Wudi is like the leader or a hotshot in Kongdong, a major sect. Putting our characters below 2nd rate is kinda low.

Also, Fang Wudi shouldn't be far off from Ze Zengrong. Ze actually got knocked out by Jiudala's stomp, while Fang stayed awake, albeit with great difficulty. Even though Fang stood farther, he displayed good resistance.

It becomes VERY interesting to analyze the ranking of our OWN creations.
    When you do this, you can really see it's not very easy to keep everything consistent across a large body of work.

So we should cut Jin Yong some slack once in a while.

Alas, I am slightly confused about Eunuch Lin's motives, so please help me out.

What does Lin really want? Is it to become the emperor? With his strength, he is truly equal to 10,000 people. Who in the government can stop him?

Is it to be #1 in wulin? Earlier, I disclosed that Lin hates his father Zhang Sanfeng, and he wants to overcome the Zhenwu formation, which has never been broken before. So Lin does have some fighting motivations.

Is it to... conquer Japan too?

Or...

Could it be...

That...

The almighty, undefeatable Eunuch Lin...

The #1 powerful force in the world...

All that he wants...

Is...

To....

Be close to the boys that he loves!

In a safe place.

Where no one will harm them.

Where he won't be seen as a monster.

Could it be

That the almighty Eunuch Lin

Unparalleled in history and Unsurpassable into the future

Just wants to...

Be himself.

./
    Last edited by PJ; 02-13-08 at 06:49 AM.

It becomes VERY interesting to analyze the ranking of our OWN creations.
    When you do this, you can really see it's not very easy to keep everything consistent across a large body of work.

So we should cut Jin Yong some slack once in a while.
    That is because there are like 8 of us writing. JY had sole control and 3 revisions!

And Lin wants to deal with the Emperor. It was mentioned in one of the story posts.

I find the Z3F rapist and grandson thing too far out. Maybe Rongku's plot should turn out to be nonsense and he is out to mislead the wulin for whatever reason.

By the way, do you think our stronger heroes, judging by their level at the beginning of the story--Fang Wudi, Zhuo Jiali, and Ling Jun Yan--should be at least 2nd rate (Zuo Zimu's level)? After all, in the real HSDS, the #1 elder of Beggar's Union put up a good fight against a Xuanming Elder, and Fang Wudi is like the leader or a hotshot in Kongdong, a major sect. Putting our characters below 2nd rate is kinda low.

Also, Fang Wudi shouldn't be far off from Ze Zengrong. Ze actually got knocked out by Jiudala's stomp, while Fang stayed awake, albeit with great difficulty. Even though Fang stood farther, he displayed good resistance.
    Fang should be at First Rate level. Ling and Zhuo between first rate and skilled exponents.

There seem to be some characters who only turned up for one or 2 posts. Like that Gongsun girl.

Just for fun, here's the JinYongified levels I imagine everyone to be, using DGSD as the standard:

Sweeper Monk's level
    ]
    Note that our fight descriptions have exceeded JY's descriptions by a big margin. Multi zhang LDAs and Flaming Blade Feet that can slice an inn into 2 etc etc.

Our story is more TVB then JY novel.

I find the Z3F rapist and grandson thing too far out. Maybe Rongku's plot should turn out to be nonsense and he is out to mislead the wulin for whatever reason.
    Different visions for Lin, I guess.
    I am interested in exploring the human side of the powerful demi-gods,
    as a homage to my favorite novel.

And you are partly right about Rongku.
    But we will find out more.
    Last edited by PJ; 02-13-08 at 11:45 AM.

That is because there are like 8 of us writing. JY had sole control and 3 revisions!
    I'm just talking about ONE person's individual creations.
    For example, I wrote that Ze Zengrong fainted while Fang Wudi didn't... I have to keep that incident in mind every time I describe their feats from now on, so that I don't describe one as being much better, which would be inconsistent with the fainting incident. Of course, it becomes easier to memorize what you wrote when you're a full time writer, whereas we are just putting in maybe one hour per day at the most.