Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: wot korean series are u seeing now?

Currently on The Moon that Embraces the Sun, for Kim Soo-hyun.
    玉木宏

blog

I'm having trouble finding a really good modern/contemporary period K-Drama lately.

There's The Fermentation Family that shares the screenwriter and director of Resurrection and The Devil (Ma Wang), which should be good because I liked both. I'll have to watch more to find out how I like it.

But in terms of romance comedy, I'm having trouble finding my rom-com fix. Wild Romance is a joke, even if it has Lee Dong Wook, the main actress's bulging eyes and hard to empathize character and their lack of chemistry is hard to swallow. Actually the characterization of the characters are really lacking. I find myself disliking them for 80% of the time while 10% I'm just too bored to even care and the last 10% is okay...so what else you got?

Anyone seen Padam Padam? It has the very handsome Kim Beom, my has he become more handsome.

So far, the only interesting romance stories are from period dramas. I just want to watch something light but witty sometimes.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-30-12 at 04:04 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I am watching The Fermentation Family. I enjoy it. It starts out slow but gets interesting as the plot unfolds. If you like mystery and suspense, you'll most probably like Fermentation Family. And if you're a kimchi lover, you can't miss this.

Currently watching Bachelor's Vegetable Store- probably more suitable for a female to watch than a guy.

Although having said that, this old man is getting sentimental with the first few episodes.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Currently watching Bachelor's Vegetable Store- probably more suitable for a female to watch than a guy.

Although having said that, this old man is getting sentimental with the first few episodes.

Han Solo
    Wow, I never imagined YOU ever watching Japanese/Korean TV serials. If you don't mind a period series, I'd suggest The Deep Rooted Tree, it has everything for either guy/girl audience.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Wow, I never imagined YOU ever watching Japanese/Korean TV serials. If you don't mind a period series, I'd suggest The Deep Rooted Tree, it has everything for either guy/girl audience.
    Too much free time from procrastinating on things that I had been doing ...

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Currently watching Color of a Woman. It's a very good rom-com. I really love all 4 of the main cast, even the rivalry is so cute. Both the girls are very easy on the eye. It has a very straight to the point plot.

Quote Originally Posted by chancy426 View Post
    Currently watching Color of a Woman. It's a very good rom-com. I really love all 4 of the main cast, even the rivalry is so cute. Both the girls are very easy on the eye. It has a very straight to the point plot.
    It was okay at first, but the whole love square is getting annoying for me. Jun Soo (Jae Hee's character) really does not shine as the right guy for SoRa. I liked ChangJin more. There were some scenes that were to fantasy-like. I thought the storyline was not going anywhere. Jun Soo and SoRa started out as a cute couple but all these silly misunderstanding and all the office drama was not worth wasting my time. As much as I like Jae Hee, his character was not someone I would've chosen. I don't know why Asian dramas always have girls stay ever faithful to one guy, but never let them choose someone different that will make them happier. I mean...just because one relationship with one guy doesn't work out, she can forget him and give the other guy a chance. A real chance, not just date and still have the first guy in her mind all the time.

There were more clever romcoms out there, but this season there's been some silly ones like this one. I don't approve.

I'm very early in the story right now, so it's still enjoyable. Definitely like Chang Jin better. Makes me think that he actually liked So Ra before, but through the length of their friendship his feelings kinda dimmed down, but has just begin to surface again. I think this story is cute that it tries to differentiate. Especially with the whole similar people match better instead of opposite attracts.

The whole cosmetic business with the director fighting with the heir to get control of the business is very much like Queen of Reversal. Though alot of people didn't really like main girl's personality at first, thought Prosecutor Princess was also fresh that the girl ends up liking the other guy whose been by her side.

Have you watched Salaryman? That's the only other story that I've been interested in starting. There weren't many good dramas in 2011. For this year, seems like Operation Proposal, Rooftop Prince 'might' be interesting, but too much idols acting recently.

History of the salaryman!

Apparently it's loosely based off some chinese historical text...Liu Bang/Xiang Yu iirc? But anyway, the show is frickin' a w e s o m e.

And the moon embraces the sun once I'm done with this.

I plan to watch Salaryman soon, hopefully it'll do on tv dubbed so i don't need to watch with subs.

I'm watching Dr. Champ and I'm really loving it. Not the usual medical drama that I expected it to be. Dropped Color of a Woman though, it became like how Seut Seung described.

I don't know why but some of the recent K-dramas I've watched turned out not so good.

I watched The Moon Embraces the Sun and I feel like after the young actors were replaced by the older actors, the story became less interesting. Like a good middle chunk got really boring and the plot didn't seem like it was going anywhere. And if it did, it just wasn't doing a good job of holding my interest. I guess not every Joseon drama can be well-rounded and interesting like Deep Rooted Tree.

I had dropped the Bachelor's Vegetable Shop- Can't stand long protracted sloppy crying Koreans.Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I had dropped the Bachelor's Vegetable Shop- Can't stand long protracted sloppy crying Koreans.Han Solo
    Heh I dropped that drama after the first episode.
    I finished Fermentation Family and now onto Feast of the Gods, another food-centered drama. It is 32 episodes long. I hope it doesn't get draggy. Even then I will stick around for the two lead guys.

Dropped The Moon That Embraces The Sun. Too stupid.
    玉木宏

blog

I'm watching Rooftop Prince. There's some actors from Moon Embraces Sun and some resemblance to the beginning of Moon, but it's a totally different story with mysterious time traveling and plotting and scheming to be chaebol heir. The comedy of how four guys travel to 300 years into the future and adapting to modern life is hilarious. I haven't laughed with a K-Drama like this for the longest time. The guys are so cute and adorable, helpless and vulnerable in modern setting.

Is it worth my time watching History of the Salary Man?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Is it worth my time watching History of the Salary Man?
    Han Solo
    I don't know, it wasn't able to hold my interest very long. I never liked the supporting actor, who was also in Romance Town. I just dropped it after watching several episodes of it. I mean it had some likable characters, but the direction the story was going did not captivate me.

I've decided to follow Rooftop Prince. I think it may turn out to be one of this Spring season's gem. A good mix of drama, comedy, and romance, maybe even mystery. There's only two episodes out so far, but it's got me hook. I enjoy some laughter and I hope it doesn't disappoint. The OST sounds nice too.

Just got done watching the first two episodes of King 2Hearts and can't say I'm hooked yet. It's ok.

Oh shoot...I think I'll have to add The Equator Man to the list of K-Dramas I'm following. Just finished watching the first two episodes. There's already murder, betrayal, secrets and cover-ups in the story. Inevitably, revenge will follow. I feel so sorry for Sun Woo and everything he's lost. Luckily there was a witness to the murder, or else Sun Woo will never find out who really murdered his "father" later on. I'm excited to see next week's episodes.

Dream High 2, and I'm forcing myself to watch it (4 episodes to go!).
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com