Thread: Some Bi Xue Jian questions

Default Some Bi Xue Jian questions

I've been watching the new Bi Xue Jian by Zhang Ji Zhong and absolutely love it. I feel that it has been overlooked compared to many of Jin Yong's other books. So in an effort to stir up some discussion about it, I wanted to as some questions about it.

1. Are the roots of Xia Xue Yi's martial arts ever revealed?

2. How do the feats of BXJ's "greats," compare to those of the Song Dynasty Greats?

3. How do the best of BXJ stack up against the best of XAJH?

4. Who would rank as the top 5 in BXJ?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post
    I've been watching the new Bi Xue Jian by Zhang Ji Zhong and absolutely love it. I feel that it has been overlooked compared to many of Jin Yong's other books. So in an effort to stir up some discussion about it, I wanted to as some questions about it.

1. Are the roots of Xia Xue Yi's martial arts ever revealed?

2. How do the feats of BXJ's "greats," compare to those of the Song Dynasty Greats?

3. How do the best of BXJ stack up against the best of XAJH?

4. Who would rank as the top 5 in BXJ?

1. I thought the Golden Snake manual was one of the sacred artifacts of the Five Poison sect, and that's where he got it from.

2 & 3 are almost impossible to answer objectively, I think.

4. I would rate Yuan Chengzhi, Jade Priest, Mu Renqing (a guess - nobody seemed to be able to guess as to whether Jade or Mu were better, but since Jade was cocky enough to storm Huashan, and we all know he's a coward at heart, he must have had confidence he could beat Mu), Xia Xueyi and probably Gui Xinshu as the five best fighters in the novel, with Gui significantly lower than the other four. Wang Zhen, He Tieshou, An Jianqing and Mu Sang will probably be close to Gui, but somehow Gui comes across as a better fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    1. I thought the Golden Snake manual was one of the sacred artifacts of the Five Poison sect, and that's where he got it from.
    I thought Golden Snake manual was created by Xia Xue Yi himself? The 3 sacred artifacts of the Five Poison sect was the treasure map, the golden snake darts and the golden snake sword...

I remember the manual came with the sword? Both in some sort of cave... Whos Gui Xinshu? The one that cause the death of the XiaXueYi?
    " Forgo your past and embrance the future OR abandon your future to save your past?"

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    I remember the manual came with the sword? Both in some sort of cave... Whos Gui Xinshu? The one that cause the death of the XiaXueYi?
    The Heavenly Undefeated Fist Gui Xinshu was Mu Renqing's second student, Wang Zhen's younger martial brother and Yuan Chengzhi's older martial brother. The one with the sickly son and whose nasty students Sun Zhongjun and Mei Jianhe were pretty decent fighters themselves.

I can't really remember what was actually in the cave, and I don't have the books with me, so I can't check.. I just assumed the manual was there.

Yes Yuan ChengZhi got the manual together with the sword, map, and darts in the huashan cave. But i m very sure Xia Xue Yi created the skills in the golden snake manual himself...

Then how would YCZ compare to the likes of YG and GJ?
    Formerly DuGu Qiu Bai

Quote Originally Posted by Allen D View Post
    Then how would YCZ compare to the likes of YG and GJ?
    Going by the Generational Deterioration theory, Ken Cheng said YCZ would be weaker than GJ and YG.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.