Page 468 of 469 FirstFirst ... 368418458459460461462463464465466467468469 LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,360 of 9365

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 《神雕侠侣》 - Huang Xiaoming, Liu Yifei

I just finished the show and have to say, it was just epic. There are very sad moments though. Specially, when XLN was crying out like:"I dont want to die, i want to live with you for many, many years.", it almost broke my heart. That was so touching!

LYF was just perfect for the role of XLN. I dont know what certain guys have to complain about her. Sure, she is young, but XLN is decribed by the novel as a almost- never - aging girl, which looks like 18. So i would rather say, that the former XLNs were to old for the role.

I m just disappointed that they cut out so many szenes and the show ended so suddenly... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaoou View Post
    I just finished the show and have to say, it was just epic. There are very sad moments though. Specially, when XLN was crying out like:"I dont want to die, i want to live with you for many, many years.", it almost broke my heart. That was so touching!

LYF was just perfect for the role of XLN. I dont know what certain guys have to complain about her. Sure, she is young, but XLN is decribed by the novel as a almost- never - aging girl, which looks like 18. So i would rather say, that the former XLNs were to old for the role.

I m just disappointed that they cut out so many szenes and the show ended so suddenly... -.-
    What scenes did they cut?

anyone notice HXM is a lot thinner now than when he was making ROCH 2006?

Default music in episode 22

Does anyone know what song was sung when Yang Guo was asking Xiao Longnu whom would she chose between the Wu brothers, and she said she would chose Yang Guo? The song sounds very much like Tian Xia Wu Shuang, but I listened to the whole Tian Xia Wu Shuang song, and it did not seem to have the those lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    In short, I like watching Liu Yu Fei on screen It's too bad that her counterpart (HXM) overacted in some of their romantic scenes.
    I honestly don't think they have chemistry. The best kind of onscreen couples are those you can feel will continue their romance off-screen. Andy Lau and Idy Chan had that spark. But HXM and LYF? Nah
    Last edited by laisee; 07-26-10 at 12:34 PM.

Actually, I think Chen Zihan's GF goes better with HXM's YG. I prefer GF as a character - has a lot more spunk and that "xie qi" (evil air) that seems to go better with YG's personality.
    Last edited by laisee; 08-16-10 at 10:57 PM.

Wonder if there's anyone still around to answer a few questions that have been bothering me:

1) Regarding the part where Jinlun and Ni Mo Xing get poisoned by LMC's needles after YG tricks them (while he, LMC, and baby GX are forced into hiding in a cave by JL). How did they cure themselves of the poison? All I saw was JL/NMX fighting each other, both of them falling off a cliff with their legs turning black. Then NMX takes a huge rock and smashes his leg (which I guess explains how he didn't die). But next time we see JL, he looks perfectly fine again with both legs intact! Did something get edited out, because there was zero explanation for this?

2) When the whole group including HR/HYS/CY/LWS make ropes to go down into cliff at Jue Qing Gu to save YG, how come they just went down and came right back up? Instead of searching for him more? Seemed kind of useless to just go take a quick look without doing anything. (Also, I'm assuming YG/XLN got back up using the vines they left behind? They didn't show it so I wonder if it was elaborated more in the book.)

3) How come the Wu brothers are so friendly towards Yelu Qi when they first save him from the Mongolians? Yelu Qi was on the Mongolians' side at the beginning, so technically he's their "enemy", right? I know he switched sides after, but the Wu brothers didn't know that at first, and they (as well as the rest of the group when they met up later) seemed to be on very good terms with Yelu Qi. (Who, by the way, I loved. Can't believe Guo Fu of all people had the fortune to marry such a guy...though I did very much like CZH's portrayal!)

Finally, not really a question but why the heck didn't XLN write "I, Xiao Long Nu, am at the bottom of Jue Qing Gu" instead of just "I am at the bottom of Jue Qing Gu"? Wouldn't that be a lot more useful? Seems like a lame plot device to prolong the story. I know YG mentioned he never thought to catch a bee anyways, but ZBT seemed to have noticed it for several years already, he just didn't realize it was from XLN.

...Yes, I know I'm about 4 years late...but I just finished this series. (I always started to get bored really quickly in the draggy first half. Too much of annoying maniac YG, weepy boring XLN, and WAY too many repetitive YG+XLN scenes where they preach on ad nauseum about their supposedly epic love--despite the fact that I couldn't feel much chemistry at all.) I swear they repeat pretty much the same words over and over again every time they meet. (Sorry, really need to get this rant off my chest--feel free to ignore.) Alright, maybe I should start with the positives first. Since I had little prior knowledge of ROCH (didn't watch the previous versions or read the book) I didn't have much issues with the bad editing a lot of people were angry about. Overall I was extremely impressed by the scenery, costumes, and most of the fight scenes. Supporting cast was fantastic. Jue Qing Gu was especially gorgeous, very beautiful and fantasy-like. Unfortunately the content/emotion was lacking--I couldn't get "invested" in the series. LYF was pretty and fit XLN well, very elegant with great fighting scenes--just the character itself is too bland for me to really care about. HXM was very handsome as the Condor Hero--too bad it took him so long to get there that by that time, I was already too annoyed with the character to take any liking to him. He was just downright cringeworthy whenever he laughed/yelled/tried to act "mischievous", and it ruined most of the potentially touching scenes. I had a pretty favourable impression of HXM before, but now I'm completely put off watching him in any other series. I also started tuning out during the XLN/YG lovey-dovey scenes...first few times were boring but bearable, then after about the 10th almost-identical scene I couldn't take it anymore. Got to the point where I almost wished they would just die from the poison so I wouldn't have to sit through any more draggy, cheesy speeches about how they only have a day to live and they can't live without each other (rinse & repeat). Talk about overkill. I was so relieved when XLN finally jumped off the cliff since it meant getting a break from all of that (unfortunately, it also set YG off on his worst rage-filled screaming session yet). I found the series much more captivating and enjoyable when the plot involved the supporting characters--pity there was much less focus on them...
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-16-10 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I found the series much more captivating and enjoyable when the plot involved the supporting characters--pity there was much less focus on them...
    I *so* agree.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Wonder if there's anyone still around to answer a few questions that have been bothering me:

1) Regarding the part where Jinlun and Ni Mo Xing get poisoned by LMC's needles after YG tricks them (while he, LMC, and baby GX are forced into hiding in a cave by JL). How did they cure themselves of the poison? All I saw was JL/NMX fighting each other, both of them falling off a cliff with their legs turning black. Then NMX takes a huge rock and smashes his leg (which I guess explains how he didn't die). But next time we see JL, he looks perfectly fine again with both legs intact! Did something get edited out, because there was zero explanation for this?

2) When the whole group including HR/HYS/CY/LWS make ropes to go down into cliff at Jue Qing Gu to save YG, how come they just went down and came right back up? Instead of searching for him more? Seemed kind of useless to just go take a quick look without doing anything. (Also, I'm assuming YG/XLN got back up using the vines they left behind? They didn't show it so I wonder if it was elaborated more in the book.)

3) How come the Wu brothers are so friendly towards Yelu Qi when they first save him from the Mongolians? Yelu Qi was on the Mongolians' side at the beginning, so technically he's their "enemy", right? I know he switched sides after, but the Wu brothers didn't know that at first, and they (as well as the rest of the group when they met up later) seemed to be on very good terms with Yelu Qi. (Who, by the way, I loved. Can't believe Guo Fu of all people had the fortune to marry such a guy...though I did very much like CZH's portrayal!)

Finally, not really a question but why the heck didn't XLN write "I, Xiao Long Nu, am at the bottom of Jue Qing Gu" instead of just "I am at the bottom of Jue Qing Gu"? Wouldn't that be a lot more useful? Seems like a lame plot device to prolong the story. I know YG mentioned he never thought to catch a bee anyways, but ZBT seemed to have noticed it for several years already, he just didn't realize it was from XLN.

...Yes, I know I'm about 4 years late...but I just finished this series. (I always started to get bored really quickly in the draggy first half. Too much of annoying maniac YG, weepy boring XLN, and WAY too many repetitive YG+XLN scenes where they preach on ad nauseum about their supposedly epic love--despite the fact that I couldn't feel much chemistry at all.) I swear they repeat pretty much the same words over and over again every time they meet. (Sorry, really need to get this rant off my chest--feel free to ignore.) Alright, maybe I should start with the positives first. Since I had little prior knowledge of ROCH (didn't watch the previous versions or read the book) I didn't have much issues with the bad editing a lot of people were angry about. Overall I was extremely impressed by the scenery, costumes, and most of the fight scenes. Supporting cast was fantastic. Jue Qing Gu was especially gorgeous, very beautiful and fantasy-like. Unfortunately the content/emotion was lacking--I couldn't get "invested" in the series. LYF was pretty and fit XLN well, very elegant with great fighting scenes--just the character itself is too bland for me to really care about. HXM was very handsome as the Condor Hero--too bad it took him so long to get there that by that time, I was already too annoyed with the character to take any liking to him. He was just downright cringeworthy whenever he laughed/yelled/tried to act "mischievous", and it ruined most of the potentially touching scenes. I had a pretty favourable impression of HXM before, but now I'm completely put off watching him in any other series. I also started tuning out during the XLN/YG lovey-dovey scenes...first few times were boring but bearable, then after about the 10th almost-identical scene I couldn't take it anymore. Got to the point where I almost wished they would just die from the poison so I wouldn't have to sit through any more draggy, cheesy speeches about how they only have a day to live and they can't live without each other (rinse & repeat). Talk about overkill. I was so relieved when XLN finally jumped off the cliff since it meant getting a break from all of that (unfortunately, it also set YG off on his worst rage-filled screaming session yet). I found the series much more captivating and enjoyable when the plot involved the supporting characters--pity there was much less focus on them...
    it's good that u actually manage to finish the series. though ROCH is my fav wuxia story of all time, i cud not manage to finish ROCH 06. it is just painful. let me try to answer ur questions:

1. the book didn't actually make it clear either on that part. JL internal energy might be so high that he is able to rid himself of the poison but it did take time. whereas the other guy cut off both legs in order to prevent the poison to spread.

2. again the book stated that the group did conduct a search for YG and XLN before they left quickly because they were worried about Xianyang situation by leaving GJ alone there. The book didn't really say how the couple got up but we all guess that they use the robe that was left behind.

3. Yelu Qui was never on the mongolian side since the beginning of the story. His family run away because the mongolian queen was threatening his family. later on, Yelu gui father was executed by the mongolian which make Yelu Qui take side with the Guo family even more. I am not sure how ROCH 06 displayed the relationship between the Wu bro and Yelu Qui but if i think 3 of them got along together well since the beginning.

4. XLN wrote that on bee wings. i guess there wasnt enuf space :-)

I think ROCH 06 was really badly done. U shud try ROCH 95 by TVB. this adaptation is closest to the book and it explains alot more! u might even love YG-Long couple way more :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    I think ROCH 06 was really badly done. U shud try ROCH 95 by TVB. this adaptation is closest to the book and it explains alot more! u might even love YG-Long couple way more :-)
    Read the book and tried to like them. Didn't work. JY wrote a couple of monsters. Though it is fair to admit that ZJZ's version bloated that monstrosity out of any reasonable proportions.
    But who cares as long as Yelü Qi, ZZB and ZZJ are cool...
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

1. the book did mention how they got rid of it. JL used his internal energy to force it out, it took him quite a while, he remarked so when he cornered XLN and ZBT in the cave. NMX chopped off his leg to stop the poison, thats why when he meet XLN at the Taoist place he was dead set against killing her, since he wanted to avenge for his leg.

2. The novel mentioned the bottom of the valley was not that large, only a large pool of water in the middle, one of them swam down to look for YG but it was too deep and they got up to a point there was a rock or something blocking. They were worried about GX staying with JL so they went back up. They left the vine so that if YG was still alive he could get back up, since they couldn't see his body.

3. When they first meet YLQ, he was battling LMC whom both the Wu brothers regard as an enemy because she caused the death of their mother. Thy enemy's enemy is thy friend. He was also very gentlemen like and courteous, he didn't fight for GF's attention with them. YLQ was with the Mongolians because his family was descendants of a nation that was defeated by the Kim's who were in turn defeated by the Mongolians. They joined the Mongolian's as a way to avenge their people, it wasn't until his father was betrayed and executed did YLQ and his sister cut of ties with the Mongolians.

4. Same reason as above poster, XLN could only fit 6 words on the bee's wings, three on each. ZBT never thought much of it because he thought he grew them while YG was never one for detail.
    Last edited by Linda; 08-17-10 at 09:27 AM.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Thanks so much for the explanations everyone! The series didn't really clarify it but it all makes more sense now, except for XLN's bees. Maybe it was different in the book, but in the series she could only fit 3 words on each bee, which is why one bee had "I am at Jue" and the other had "Qing Gu's bottom" (or something like that), and HR put the two broken phrases together. XLN also said she wrote it on hundreds/thousands of bees. Since she already had to split apart the sentence, why not just make 3 sets of bees, with an additional set saying "Xiao Long Nu" to clue them in on who was sending the bees?

I understood the part about YLQ being a descendent of the Liao, and Jin destroyed their country so that was the reason his family joined Mongolia...but I didn't quite understand why the Wu brothers decided to help him out immediately at a point when they didn't know he had turned against Mongolia yet. However, I guess it would make more sense if the actual book scene was YLQ & his sister fighting against LMC (who they all hated).

Actually thinking about it GF and YLQ made a pretty cute couple. Since I ended up getting so annoyed at YG, I was actually happy when GF cut off his arm, plus she was the only person in the series who didn't seem to think that he was the best guy who ever walked on earth...so bonus points to her. (Although I hear that in the book even GF likes YG? Ugh...)

(Although I hear that in the book even GF likes YG? Ugh...)
    I dont think the book really show that GF likes YG. First she kind of pity him and then it turns to hatred. It just that at the end of the book JY said that the reason GF hate YG so much is because he didn't pay enuf attention to her. sth like that. so hmmm maybe she did like him a bit. but ROCH 95 made GF love YG alot. i'm not sure with ROCH 06.

Actually thinking about it GF and YLQ made a pretty cute couple. Since I ended up getting so annoyed at YG, I was actually happy when GF cut off his arm, plus she was the only person in the series who didn't seem to think that he was the best guy who ever walked on earth...so bonus points to her. (Although I hear that in the book even GF likes YG? Ugh...)
    Well, YG is a Mary Sue character (probably Jin Yong trying to make up for turning a Yang descendent into a villain - YK). And I totally respect GF for being the only girl who did not fall in love with him so much that she can't get married ever (ref CY, LWS).

I know LYF has the XLN look. But there're are couple of problems I have with her and HXM's YG.
    - They have zero chemistry - you just can't get into this YG/XLN pairing. Their loving stares feel...like acting. The love just feels fake.
    - They are TOO aware of their good looks - e.g. I thought YG look kinda narcissistic when he took off his mask and Yang Mi's GX fell in love with his face at first sight. Same for XLN looking narcissistic when GX praised her beauty said she's the only woman who matches up to YG (in looks again!).

Maybe it's ZJZ's fault for closing up on their faces in various artistic angles (too many times in my opinion) just to emphasise their looks.

I just don't like good-looking people who are too conscious of the way they look. That's the reason why I was never into models.

Could be Jin Yong's fault too - way too many flowery descriptions and emphasis on YG and XLN's physical appearance. That's why I've always preferred the GJ/HR pairing in LOCH - they are so much more real, spunky and 3D.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-17-10 at 09:28 PM.

I dont think the book really show that GF likes YG. First she kind of pity him and then it turns to hatred. It just that at the end of the book JY said that the reason GF hate YG so much is because he didn't pay enuf attention to her. sth like that. so hmmm maybe she did like him a bit. but ROCH 95 made GF love YG alot. i'm not sure with ROCH 06.
    Ah, ok, that's not so bad then. xiaolong, yup I definitely agree that YG is way too much of a "Mary-Sue" character and HR/GJ were far more interesting with actual personalities. Plus ZX/LYP had fantastic chemistry in LOCH 2003. On top of that LOCH as a whole had a much better storyline--the characters actually had admirable goals to strive for and there was the whole "loyal to country" aspect, unlike ROCH where YG/XLN don't really seem to care about anything except for their love. What made it worse was that everyone always praised them for being such wonderful people. Well, what about the fact that XLN doesn't care about anyone other than her "Guo'er" and was willing to sacrifice the life of a cute innocent baby (GX) to save him? Or when YG tried to kill GJ/HR based on very sketchy evidence? (I know he wanted to get revenge for his dad and all, but I couldn't get myself to care about him.) And when he kidnapped GX out of spite towards GF, then did a horrible job taking care of her? (Abandoning her in a cave, then locking her up in a room so "they can't hear her crying".) I could accept these as character flaws, except that in ROCH, no one seems to think they have any flaws at all!

Anyways, on to the better characters. I've already mentioned how much I liked YLQ. I also really liked GF at the end when she was fighting so hard to save GX. Even though she acts all bossy/mean to her little siblings, when it comes down to it she's very loyal to her family. It was so sweet when GF/GX hugged each other at the end. Aww.

I really wish they made YG more likeable in the series as he kind of ruined some of the other characters for me too, because I was not impressed with all the girls who fell for him. E.g. Guo Xiang was so adorable...except that her huge YG-obsession ticked me off. But at least with her, she was actually super likeable so I could see why everyone adored her and wanted to help her/rescue her (even baddie Jinlun--really touching scene when he died ).

In general HR/GJ were good, but the actress for HR could've been a better in some scenes. The actor for GJ was awesome but the actual script was lacking. I felt he was too lacking in love towards his family and favoured YG way more than his own kids. First when GF runs off, HR follows after but GJ doesn't do anything, and his family almost got killed. I give him a pass there since he was probably fed up with GF's bratty ways and had no idea how much danger they'd get into. Then when GX gets kidnapped, he doesn't really seem to care and actually tells HR "look at how spoiled GF is, if our daughter turns out like that I'd rather we not have a daughter!" Ouch! Um, ok, I get you're angry at GF, but don't take it out on poor baby GX who has just been kidnapped! Poor HR...she's already worried sick and then her husband says something that cruel?

Meng Guangmei was awesome as LMC but the way she died was so lame, flying into the fire crying about her old love (who was dead for years and obviously didn't care about her at all). I know she was poisoned already at that point and surrounded by people who were going to kill her, but still...she got offed kind of easily for someone who was the "villain" for much of the first half.

Finally Gongsun Lu'e was great--I really felt for her character and wished she had a better ending. Also even though her outfit was a bit too "costume-ish" I thought it was gorgeous and suited the atmosphere of Jue Qing Gu very well.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 08-17-10 at 09:56 PM.

Or when YG tried to kill GJ/HR based on very sketchy evidence? (I know he wanted to get revenge for his dad and all, but I couldn't get myself to care about him.)
    actually, he didn't go to kill GJ/HR because he wanted to get revenge for his dad. He actually did that for XLN.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post

I know LYF has the XLN look. But there're are couple of problems I have with her and HXM's YG.
    - They have zero chemistry - you just can't get into this YG/XLN pairing. Their loving stares feel...like acting. The love just feels fake.
    - They are TOO aware of their good looks - e.g. I thought YG look kinda narcissistic when he took off his mask and Yang Mi's GX fell in love with his face at first sight. Same for XLN looking narcissistic when GX praised her beauty said she's the only woman who matches up to YG (in looks again!).
    which is why ROCH 95 is way better. Louis Koo and Carmen Lee got great chemistry and they carry out the character really well. they didn't over do it like LYF and HMX.

actually, he didn't go to kill GJ/HR because he wanted to get revenge for his dad. He actually did that for XLN.
    Really? This is new to me! The series made it seem like he wanted revenge since he thought HR/GJ killed YK. Why would he go after them for XLN?

Anyways I'm off to watch HSDS now! Was going to watch the new one but after ROCH 06 I think I'll go for the old 2002 version instead. Plus it has more actors I like--the new one only has Ady (not enough for me to sit through another ZJZ production so soon) while the other one has Alec Su, GYY, and the lovely CZH. Don't much care for Alyssa Chia but then again I've only seen her in one series before, so maybe she'll win me over as ZM? (That one series being DHTZ, where, funnily enough, I also got kind of annoyed at HXM due to his obsession over his "love" for Alyssa's character. Though he was actually still decently likeable in there. Absolutely loved CZH as the princess though!)

Though I'm a bit wary of watching another JY series involving a "perfect/flawless" main protagonist with 4 beautiful girls falling all over themselves for him (especially when the guy is as wishy-washy as I hear ZWJ is). Hopefully the storyline is better though!

Really? This is new to me! The series made it seem like he wanted revenge since he thought HR/GJ killed YK. Why would he go after them for XLN?

Anyways I'm off to watch HSDS now! Was going to watch the new one but after ROCH 06 I think I'll go for the old 2002 version instead. Plus it has more actors I like--the new one only has Ady (not enough for me to sit through another ZJZ production so soon) while the other one has Alec Su, GYY, and the lovely CZH. Don't much care for Alyssa Chia but then again I've only seen her in one series before, so maybe she'll win me over as ZM? (That one series being DHTZ, where, funnily enough, I also got kind of annoyed at HXM due to his obsession over his "love" for Alyssa's character. Though he was actually still decently likeable in there. Absolutely loved CZH as the princess though!)

Though I'm a bit wary of watching another JY series involving a "perfect/flawless" main protagonist with 4 beautiful girls falling all over themselves for him (especially when the guy is as wishy-washy as I hear ZWJ is). Hopefully the storyline is better though!
    He needed to kill GJ/HR for the other half of the antidote. when he left the passionless valley, he decided that he wont go to kill the couple and instead live the 18 days remaining of his life peacefully with XLN. However, XLN said that how can 18 days be long enuf, she wants to spend thousands years more with him (i think she just wanted to say that fate is so cruel and she love him so much). hearing that, YG changed his mind again and decided to go kill GJ/HR to exchange for the antidote so he could be with XLN longer. the idea of revenge was not his real intention.

yeah, better stick to the old version. the new adaption tend to overdo stuff. HSDS is actually good but zWJ is just too 'weak'. but the overall story line is great!

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, YG is a Mary Sue character (probably Jin Yong trying to make up for turning a Yang descendent into a villain - YK). And I totally respect GF for being the only girl who did not fall in love with him so much that she can't get married ever (ref CY, LWS).
    Did the book say that CY and LWS remain single for the rest of their life? i didn't come across that part. or is it just everybody assumption??