Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Chung (鍾漢良)

here is the second trailer of No Choice
    http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/55494388-1222069821.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post
    The link to the clip no longer works, but here's a post referring to that clip to help jog your memory :

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...l=1#post953096
    Oh... I don't even remember that post. Actually, I've seen other clips subsequently, and those subsequent clips hint that he does not have a girlfriend. Now, I'm not too sure about the time sequence of all these clips, but I think the following two clips are more recent.

In this clip, I think he says he's single but hopes to find the right girl someday. At least, I think that's what he is saying. Can someone confirm for me? It's toward the end of the clip, around 5:32 minutes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSnCsyLJ-g&NR=1
    This clip says that Wallace thinks Jimmy Lin's son is cute and wishes to be a father, too, but he doesn't have a girlfriend, yet.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nohgaKqYv0k/

Quote Originally Posted by cunqian li View Post
    here is the second trailer of No Choice
    http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/55494388-1222069821.html
    Thanks for the trailer, cunqian! It looks really exciting! Do you know when this series is going to be released to dvd? How come he's filming all these series and none of them are ready to be released to dvd yet?

By the way, I found another trailer for Wallace's No Choice. It looks very cool!
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/XJbtAViqqIM/

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh... I don't even remember that post. Actually, I've seen other clips subsequently, and those subsequent clips hint that he does not have a girlfriend. Now, I'm not too sure about the time sequence of all these clips, but I think the following two clips are more recent.

In this clip, I think he says he's single but hopes to find the right girl someday. At least, I think that's what he is saying. Can someone confirm for me? It's toward the end of the clip, around 5:32 minutes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otSnCsyLJ-g&NR=1
    This clip says that Wallace thinks Jimmy Lin's son is cute and wishes to be a father, too, but he doesn't have a girlfriend, yet.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nohgaKqYv0k/
    I find this quite strange. The clip that LYZ posted was from an interview in late September of 2010 (09/27/2010), where Wallace talked about his girlfriend. The first clip that you posted is from an event in early October of 2010 (10/3/10), and suddenly he's single in a matter of 6 days? To be on honest, there was a lot of background noise in the 10/3/10 clip, so I couldn't really hear the question leading up to his response. In the second clip you posted, indeed the male reporter does say that Wallace hasn't even landed a girlfriend yet. Personally I'd like to believe that Wallace does have someone special in his life. I hope he's not like Jimmy Lin and Andy Lau, who claimed they were "single" until the truth could no longer be hidden.

Thanks for the No Choice trailer links. It looks like an intriguing drama. I'm interested in seeing how the father-son relationship plays out. Of note, Ren Cheng Wei, the actor who plays Wallace's character Qi Tian Bai's biological father, is only 4 years older than Wallace in real life and his "mother" Xiao Qiang is only 6 years older than him. A tribute to Wallace's forever young good looks, genes, and attitude.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Smile

I find this quite strange. The clip that LYZ posted was from an interview in late September of 2010 (09/27/2010), where Wallace talked about his girlfriend. The first clip that you posted is from an event in early October of 2010 (10/3/10), and suddenly he's single in a matter of 6 days? To be on honest, there was a lot of background noise in the 10/3/10 clip, so I couldn't really hear the question leading up to his response. In the second clip you posted, indeed the male reporter does say that Wallace hasn't even landed a girlfriend yet. Personally I'd like to believe that Wallace does have someone special in his life. I hope he's not like Jimmy Lin and Andy Lau, who claimed they were "single" until the truth could no longer be hidden.
    Yes, my point exactly! I've seen enough Wallace Chung interview/news clips to realize that there are a lot of inconsistencies regarding whether or not he has a girlfriend. Naturally, whether or not he has one is really none of our business. However, I'm sure all his devoted fans are interested in everything about him, whether it's about his personal life or his work life. Like you, I do hope he has or will find his special lady someday.

I just heard recently that Andy Lau is married now! I guess his long-time relationship is one of the best kept secrets around, since I heard he has actually been in this relationship for 20 years! I didn't even know Jimmy Lin was keeping his relationship with Kelly Chen a secret. I don't quite understand why everyone must be so furtive and mysterious. Perhaps it is because I am not a famous celebrity and no one cares if I'm dating or not, but I would think that fans would still love a celebrity even if that celebrity already has a significant other. Any good and sane fan should be happy that his or her idol is in a happy relationship and should certainly not abandon that celebrity just because of his marital status. Or maybe the celebrities keep their relationship under wraps to keep the paparazzi from spreading rumors, which can sometimes be very detrimental to a celebrity relationship. Regardless, I certainly hope Wallace knows that his fans will still love him, even if he's no longer "available" and won't feel like he needs to hide his significant other.

Thanks for the No Choice trailer links. It looks like an intriguing drama. I'm interested in seeing how the father-son relationship plays out. Of note, Ren Cheng Wei, the actor who plays Wallace's character Qi Tian Bai's biological father, is only 4 years older than Wallace in real life and his "mother" Xiao Qiang is only 6 years older than him. A tribute to Wallace's forever young good looks, genes, and attitude.
    Really?! The actor who plays the father is only 4 years older than Wallace?! Which actor is Ren Cheng Wei? The one wearing the suit or the one who shot the guy wearing the suit? Regardless of which man is the father, it's amazing that Wallace looks so young in comparison!

I thought one of the women in the trailer looked very familiar! Is Xiao Qiang the one who played Wallace's love interest in Patriotic Knights? And now she plays his mother??? Another huge shock... Next thing we know, Wallace will be playing opposite 20 year old actresses and still look young enough to be their love interest...

Sorry, error...

Smile

Wallace during the filming of his series Nei Xian (Undercover). It's pretty cool watching them film.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fI4k0jZLW68/

Have you guys have ever seen these entertainment shows of him?
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/136196

and here is the third trailer of No Choice .
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=112456665...%BA%C1%BC&pn=0
    Last edited by cunqian li; 07-02-11 at 12:21 PM.

Here are some Wallace 's cute facial expression pictures .
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=109555968...%BA%C1%BC&pn=0

and here is the third trailer of No Choice .
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?z=112456665...%BA%C1%BC&pn=0
    Ahhh! Thanks, cunqian! The trailer looks so exciting! WHEN IS THIS DRAMA GOING TO COME OUT ON DVD???? I can't stand it anymore! All these teaser trailers and yet I don't get to watch the whole thing!!! Cunqian, do you know when the dvd is going to be released? I want to rush to the dvd store and buy it!

Yes, my point exactly! I've seen enough Wallace Chung interview/news clips to realize that there are a lot of inconsistencies regarding whether or not he has a girlfriend. Naturally, whether or not he has one is really none of our business. However, I'm sure all his devoted fans are interested in everything about him, whether it's about his personal life or his work life. Like you, I do hope he has or will find his special lady someday.

I just heard recently that Andy Lau is married now! I guess his long-time relationship is one of the best kept secrets around, since I heard he has actually been in this relationship for 20 years! I didn't even know Jimmy Lin was keeping his relationship with Kelly Chen a secret. I don't quite understand why everyone must be so furtive and mysterious. Perhaps it is because I am not a famous celebrity and no one cares if I'm dating or not, but I would think that fans would still love a celebrity even if that celebrity already has a significant other. Any good and sane fan should be happy that his or her idol is in a happy relationship and should certainly not abandon that celebrity just because of his marital status. Or maybe the celebrities keep their relationship under wraps to keep the paparazzi from spreading rumors, which can sometimes be very detrimental to a celebrity relationship. Regardless, I certainly hope Wallace knows that his fans will still love him, even if he's no longer "available" and won't feel like he needs to hide his significant other.
    Unfortunately, not all fans are "good and sane." Some actually believe they have more than a slim chance in hell to marry their idol if he remains single for all eternity. Therefore, I can understand why celebrities would want to keep their love life out of the limelight, but I think denying an obviously existent relationship altogether is very disrespectful to all parties. I liked how Bao Bao (Bao Jian Feng) handled such questions about his love life. He always admitted to having a girlfriend when he had one, but never revealed her name, saying "you'll all find out who she is when we're married", and was true to his word. I'll always be a fan of Wallace whether he's single or taken, but like you, I hope he doesn't feel pressure to hide any romantic relationships on account of his fan base.

Really?! The actor who plays the father is only 4 years older than Wallace?! Which actor is Ren Cheng Wei? The one wearing the suit or the one who shot the guy wearing the suit? Regardless of which man is the father, it's amazing that Wallace looks so young in comparison!

I thought one of the women in the trailer looked very familiar! Is Xiao Qiang the one who played Wallace's love interest in Patriotic Knights? And now she plays his mother??? Another huge shock... Next thing we know, Wallace will be playing opposite 20 year old actresses and still look young enough to be their love interest...
    This is Ren Cheng Wei: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Ren_Cheng_Wei
    Yep, Xiao Qiang played Wallace's love interest in Patriotic Knights.

Wallace during the filming of his series Nei Xian (Undercover). It's pretty cool watching them film.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fI4k0jZLW68/
    The above clip contains a major spoiler towards the beginning (thanks a lot, Wallace ). It's very entertaining though (thanks, Mel!), and serves as a reminder for how filming isn't as easy as it looks. Just look at how many takes they did just to get that one scene right. If one person screws up at any time, the scene's gotta be re-shot. It's so funny how the director was making fun of Sun Chun, saying she has to call him "da shuai ge" (really handsome guy) since he got "jealous" after she referred to Wallace as "shuai ge" (handsome guy). In fact, Wallace was the one who told her to call Sun Chun "da shuai ge", 'cause he didn't want Sun Chun to be jealous. Sun Chun was then playfully telling the director to "shut up" for having pointed out his pettiness while highlighting Wallace's sensitivity to the feelings of others.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Ahhh! Thanks, cunqian! The trailer looks so exciting! WHEN IS THIS DRAMA GOING TO COME OUT ON DVD???? I can't stand it anymore! All these teaser trailers and yet I don't get to watch the whole thing!!! Cunqian, do you know when the dvd is going to be released? I want to rush to the dvd store and buy it!
    The drama is going to be released at August , but as for the Dvd , I just have no idea , probably little later than Aug .

Unfortunately, not all fans are "good and sane." Some actually believe they have more than a slim chance in hell to marry their idol if he remains single for all eternity. Therefore, I can understand why celebrities would want to keep their love life out of the limelight, but I think denying an obviously existent relationship altogether is very disrespectful to all parties. I liked how Bao Bao (Bao Jian Feng) handled such questions about his love life. He always admitted to having a girlfriend when he had one, but never revealed her name, saying "you'll all find out who she is when we're married", and was true to his word. I'll always be a fan of Wallace whether he's single or taken, but like you, I hope he doesn't feel pressure to hide any romantic relationships on account of his fan base.
    I completely agree with the above. It's too bad that some fans out there actually harbor such delusions as marrying their idols. There needs to be a very clear line drawn; you gush about an actor for the fun of it and because you admire his looks, acting skills, etc, but for heaven's sake, find some nice, "real" guy (not some unattainable celebrity) within a reasonable radius of where you live and fall in love with him. Besides, it's sort of cruel to wish for your idol to remain alone for an eternity.

Unfortunately, I think most celebrities out there do feel the pressure to hide their romantic relationships because they don't want to lose a portion of their fan base. Because of their occupation, they are very public figures who rely greatly on fan appreciation and support to be successful. Therefore, it's not surprising that they feel remaining "single" to the public and hence keeping some crazed fans' hopes alive would work in their favor. I wonder how their significant others feel about this secrecy. They must feel like some forbidden mistress hidden away from the disapproving eyes of the "fan wife."

Actually, this guy does not look that old, but he definitely would not have been able to pull off the "son" role that was given to Wallace.

The above clip contains a major spoiler towards the beginning (thanks a lot, Wallace ).
    Oops, I'm so sorry! I really should carefully screen what I post up, but I don't understand the language well enough to fully realize that Wallace is actually giving away plot secrets. Again, I apologize for spoiling the series for you.

It's so funny how the director was making fun of Sun Chun, saying she has to call him "da shuai ge" (really handsome guy) since he got "jealous" after she referred to Wallace as "shuai ge" (handsome guy). In fact, Wallace was the one who told her to call Sun Chun "da shuai ge", 'cause he didn't want Sun Chun to be jealous. Sun Chun was then playfully telling the director to "shut up" for having pointed out his pettiness while highlighting Wallace's sensitivity to the feelings of others.
    Thanks for translating that segment, Lady Zhuge! I was wondering what they were laughing about. I understood the phrase "shuai ge" but didn't get why they were laughing about a handsome guy. Now, thanks to you, I understand! Wallace is such a sweet guy for trying to not hurt Sun Chun's feelings.

The drama is going to be released at August , but as for the Dvd , I just have no idea , probably little later than Aug .
    Thanks, cunqian! Hopefully, the dvd release will come soon after the series airs! Do you live in a location that gets Mainland China TV series and shows on TV? If you get to watch No Choice in August, please let me know if the series is good and if it's worth buying on dvd.

Smile

More Nei Xian behind the scenes interviews. This time, I don't think there are any spoilers in the interviews...

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/YF56C__vt-A/

Have you guys have ever seen these entertainment shows of him?
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/136196
    The show seems rather silly and pointless but Wallace is so cute in his "Leslie Cheung Chinese Ghost Story" getup. How old was he when he appeared in these shows? Was this from his days in Taiwan?

By the way, isn't Wallace's first concert in August? And No Choice is airing at about the same time, also? Is that timing deliberate to boost the drama's rating? From the third trailer of No Choice, it looks like Wallace's character will start off being a good guy but then begin to straddle the fine line between good and bad due to circumstances. I love his characters! I don't like purely good characters, because they are so boring, whereas grey characters are so much more multi-dimensional.

Hi, Mel
    I am reading the chapter 13 of your novel , what does a.k.a mean ? it is kind of creepy especially when you read it at midnight. What's more , you really have a gift of writing , though I have to refer to dictionary for some word , I can totally feel how awesome it is !

Hi, Mel
    I am reading the chapter 13 of your novel , what does a.k.a mean ? it is kind of creepy especially when you read it at midnight. What's more , you really have a gift of writing , though I have to refer to dictionary for some word , I can totally feel how awesome it is !
    Oh! Thanks so much for reading, cunqian! Thanks for reading from the beginning and not just the Wallace Chung parts!

A.K.A. stands for "also known as." So that just means that the same character has different names in the story. For example, "Idy Chan Yuk Lin---Chan Yin Yuk a.k.a. Sui Yuk" means that Idy's character is named "Chan Yin Yuk" in the story, but she is also referred to as "Sui Yuk" (by her husband).

Have you read the chapters with Wallace in them yet (chapters 83 and 84)? Did you like them? Wallace is not a main character in my story because I started liking him only about 1-2 years ago and I started my story about 8 years ago. Back then, I didn't even know who Wallace Chung was. But since I'm so crazy about him now, I've added him into the story as a minor character.

The story is creepy? I never thought of it that way, but now that you mentioned it, I guess there are a few scary scenes that are a bit bloody. Don't worry, it's not a horror story, though.

Again, thanks for reading! Please let me know if you have any questions about the story.

The show seems rather silly and pointless but Wallace is so cute in his "Leslie Cheung Chinese Ghost Story" getup. How old was he when he appeared in these shows? Was this from his days in Taiwan?

By the way, isn't Wallace's first concert in August? And No Choice is airing at about the same time, also? Is that timing deliberate to boost the drama's rating? From the third trailer of No Choice, it looks like Wallace's character will start off being a good guy but then begin to straddle the fine line between good and bad due to circumstances. I love his characters! I don't like purely good characters, because they are so boring, whereas grey characters are so much more multi-dimensional.
    It was shot around 2004 I think , and I think all the limelight was focused on the other guy and Wallace just serve as a foil and be totally ignored . However , I think you might want to have a look at the other parts of the program which Wallace had a chance to sing songs .
    part 1 :
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/136122
    part 2 :
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/136123

As for the concert , it is in August , however , i don't think it is designed to hype his drama . First , it is reported that Wallace held the concert on himself just to create a chance for his fans to enjoy his songs and communicate with him , what's more , the first concert only can accommodation 3000 people to maintain a cozy enviroment , and it won't have a significant impact on entertainment news . Third , the airing for NO Choice is decided by the National broad company , it is just a coincidence that they occur simultaneously . :)

It was shot around 2004 I think , and I think all the limelight was focused on the other guy and Wallace just serve as a foil and be totally ignored . However , I think you might want to have a look at the other parts of the program which Wallace had a chance to sing songs .
    part 1 :
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/136122
    part 2 :
    http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/136123
    Oh, yay! I like these clips much more! I love it when he dances to that song of his, Flowing to Paris. I think he looks very sexy when he performs that song live.

Wasn't he pretty popular in 2004? That's when he filmed Ni Shui Han, right? Didn't Ni Shui Han make him quite popular because of his role as Gu Xi Zhao?

I just saw a bunch of Wallace's scenes in Patriotic Knights and he did indeed look younger than the female lead. In the series, she kept referring to him as "older brother," so I assume her character was suppose to be younger than his. Although Wallace did a remarkable job as the reserved, mature hero, he still looked younger than she did. She could probably pass as his older sister, but not his mother! I'm just still in shock that she is now playing his mother in his upcoming series, No Choice. Is she playing his stepmother or biological mother?

Here are the Wallace scenes in Patriotic Knights:
    http://tieba.baidu.com/%D6%D3%BA%BA%...679711dbac50a1

Oh, yay! I like these clips much more! I love it when he dances to that song of his, Flowing to Paris. I think he looks very sexy when he performs that song live.

Wasn't he pretty popular in 2004? That's when he filmed Ni Shui Han, right? Didn't Ni Shui Han make him quite popular because of his role as Gu Xi Zhao?
    Well , I think Gu xizhao indeed bring him a great fame , but it was somehow well-known amid net people . What Gu xizhao brought him is a lot of passionate fans who still gush about him and support him now . Though I am a crazy fan of Gu xizhao , I have to admit that the role Murong Feng rise his celebrity rating . It is wider than Gu xizhao , but never goes deeper . I remember when Nishuihan was released on net in 2004 , almost all the threads in china 's famous bbs such as Tian ya , Jin jiang literature were talking about him , looking like they were Wallace's own forum .