Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the character that you hated the most in loch

Post the character that you hated the most in loch

hello people i just want to know the character that you hated to most in loch and why you disliked this particular person so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alinda View Post
    hello people i just want to know the character that you hated to most in loch and why you disliked this particular person so much.

I don't like the 7 master of Kwok Jing, they are so strict on him and they didn't really teach him good martial art. While they are consider as one of the good guy, they seem to only care about fame.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    I don't like the 7 master of Kwok Jing, they are so strict on him.
    That was an important part of making Gwok Jing the man he became. Granted, they had LOTS of help in this from Gwok Jing's mother, Lee Ping (her role in this was the most important of all) and later, from North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, but people should look past the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' ineffectiveness as martial arts teachers (and they weren't as bad as most think; their foundation enabled Gwok Jing to learn all those more advanced martial arts that he later did) to see how much they cared about the kid. They were the five fathers and big sister he never had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    That was an important part of making Gwok Jing the man he became. Granted, they had LOTS of help in this from Gwok Jing's mother, Lee Ping (her role in this was the most important of all) and later, from North Beggar Hung 7 Gung, but people should look past the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' ineffectiveness as martial arts teachers (and they weren't as bad as most think; their foundation enabled Gwok Jing to learn all those more advanced martial arts that he later did) to see how much they cared about the kid. They were the five fathers and big sister he never had.
    true but they encourage so much hate like for example at that one chapter, when 5 or 6 of them got kill by the frog master and the elder master just blame it all on huang rong and her dad. They don't seem to like reasoning until the reality is shown right to them. In the begining chapter, they wouldn't listen to the taoist words but rather choose to believe the word of the monk.

true but they encourage so much hate like for example at that one chapter, when 5 or 6 of them got kill by the frog master and the elder master just blame it all on huang rong and her dad.
    This always gets brought up, but people play some serious Monday morning quarterback with this. In the immediate aftermath of the crime, ALL SIGNS pointed to East Heretic Wong Yerk See being the culprit. The murders happened on his property, and the fact that he didn't like the Freaks was well-known. Even Wong Yung herself believed her dad did it until specific proof emerged later that implicated West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Yeung Hong.

The Freaks didn't figure it out at first, but neither did Wong Yung, Gwok Jing, Hung 7 Gung, or the Cheun Jen 6 Disciples. I think most fans of the story are also led to believe it was Wong Yerk See until later revelations.

They don't seem to like reasoning until the reality is shown right to them. In the begining chapter, they wouldn't listen to the taoist words but rather choose to believe the word of the monk.
    Well, Yau Chui Gei didn't do himself many favors by being a pompous tool about the affair either. Even he admitted that it was his rashness that got everybody into trouble.

This always gets brought up, but people play some serious Monday morning quarterback with this. In the immediate aftermath of the crime, ALL SIGNS pointed to East Heretic Wong Yerk See being the culprit. The murders happened on his property, and the fact that he didn't like the Freaks was well-known. Even Wong Yung herself believed her dad did it until specific proof emerged later that implicated West Poison Au Yeung Fung and Yeung Hong.

The Freaks didn't figure it out at first, but neither did Wong Yung, Gwok Jing, Hung 7 Gung, or the Cheun Jen 6 Disciples. I think most fans of the story are also led to believe it was Wong Yerk See until later revelations.

Well, Yau Chui Gei didn't do himself many favors by being a pompous tool about the affair either. Even he admitted that it was his rashness that got everybody into trouble.
    i will have to agree with your reasoning i could never really find it in myself to hate the seven freaks though it was only Ke Zhen'E that was really that strange. just for the record i hated yang kang the most in this book because he really didn't like anyone except for mu nanci and even then he harmed the people that he loved.
    i.e. making parents commit sucide
    never reconized his dad
    like wealth and power they where the best things in the world to him
    somehow it was easier to like OuYang Feng for some reason. although yang kang did deserve the death he got in a way. i mean he murdered someone and he knew there would be serious consequences.... he went ahead and did it anyway

i will have to agree with your reasoning i could never really find it in myself to hate the seven freaks though it was only Ke Zhen'E that was really that strange. just for the record i hated yang kang the most in this book because he really didn't like anyone except for mu nanci and even then he harmed the people that he loved.
    i.e. making parents commit sucide
    never reconized his dad
    like wealth and power they where the best things in the world to him
    somehow it was easier to like OuYang Feng for some reason. although yang kang did deserve the death he got in a way. i mean he murdered someone and he knew there would be serious consequences.... he went ahead and did it anyway

I like the Frog master in the second part of the trilogy ROCH. and also eldest master ka at the end when they were at that one abadon place where yang kang died.

Can't blame yang kang for much of what he did. He was a spoil prince since the start and didn't know much about his family history with jin country invading great song. Plus there's that one saying, once a master, always a master so I guess Yang Kang was too loyal to Jin country.

hmm....... what about his issues with always hurting the people he loved? i mean he made his parents commit suicide and he didn't really care. he also repeatedly tried to kill gou jing and huang rong which is unexceptable. he also does lots of stuff that he thinks is good but it really isn't.

hmm....... what about his issues with always hurting the people he loved? i mean he made his parents commit suicide and he didn't really care. he also repeatedly tried to kill gou jing and huang rong which is unexceptable. he also does lots of stuff that he thinks is good but it really isn't.

Blame it on his step dad the jin prince. lol

There wasn't a character to really single out for hate in LOCH...at least not for me. I thought the Kereit Khan Senggum and his son Dosi were total tools, but they were barely a part of the story long enough to matter.

I guess I could say baby Yeung Gor at the end...not for anything he did as a baby in LOCH, but for the pain in the butt he'd grow up to be in ROCH, but that's hardly fair, isn't it?

i could never really find it in myself to hate the seven freaks though it was only Ke Zhen'E that was really that strange.
    I really hated Ke Zhen'e because he would always nag and rant about the stupidest things and always say he wants to kill someone who was 10x better than him in martial arts. I got the feeling he is very arrogant.
    I guess I could say baby Yeung Gor at the end...not for anything he did as a baby in LOCH, but for the pain in the butt he'd grow up to be in ROCH, but that's hardly fair, isn't it?
    That makes me think of Zhen Zhiping. He didn't do much in LOCH, but I can never forgive him for raping XLN!

I dislike Bao Xirou for being dumb enough to take a man into the family without telling anyone and causing others to die. I also don't like Huazheng for how she is always clinging to Guo Jing, knowing that he doesn't love her. And the way she's portrayed is annoying. Funny how the characters I hate aren't necessary villains. Overall, my pick would be Ke Zhen'e.
    Last edited by Yuet Thi; 04-02-12 at 12:38 AM.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Just like Ken, I do not hate any character in LOCH. Perhaps, I dislike Jin prince for separating the two families.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuet Thi View Post
    I really hated Ke Zhen'e because he would always nag and rant about the stupidest things and always say he wants to kill someone who was 10x better than him in martial arts. I got the feeling he is very arrogant.
    The man has his pride, but I've always had a certain respect for him because he didn't back down even against enemies who were, as you say, at least ten times more powerful than he. Although it was near suicidal for him to do so, Ohr Jen Ngok didn't back down from the likes of Mui Chiu Fung or even Wong Yerk See and Au Yeung Fung. That takes some serious cajones, and I can respect that.

That makes me think of Zhen Zhiping. He didn't do much in LOCH, but I can never forgive him for raping XLN!
    Well, the good news there is that in LOCH Ed. 3, Jin Yong separated the character who visited Mongolia in LOCH (a real historical figure, no less) from the character who raped Little Dragon Girl in ROCH. Jin Yong probably felt bad that he recast an actual historical Taoist, who had no record of having committed any serious crime or moral offense (let alone rape), as a rapist in ROCH. Therefore, Wan Tze Ping (the LOCH character and historical figure) is now free from any involvement in the rape, while the separate new character (for ROCH Ed. 3) Yen Tze Bing takes on the role of rapist.

I applaud this move. Not only is it fair to the historical figure upon which Wan is based, but I never liked the development of turning Wan into a rapist in the story either.

I dislike Bao Xirou for being dumb enough to take a man into the family without telling anyone and causing others to die.
    I don't blame her for this; she was just being kind (hardly a sin), and she didn't know whom the man she rescued was (and she certainly couldn't have known the plans he would later make for her). Again, we have to judge her without playing Monday morning quarterback.

I also don't like Huazheng for how she is always clinging to Guo Jing, knowing that he doesn't love her.
    I hear that the novel's version of Princess Hua Jeng isn't like that, and that she took Gwok Jing's change of heart (all things considered) pretty well. Apparently, the adaptations (or at least TVB's 1982 version) amped up her clinginess/whineyness for dramatic purposes, and the novel version wasn't like that.

It's hard to hate on villains because, after all, their purpose is to do evil things. I guess we only hate on villains when they do evil incompetently.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Just I dislike Jin prince for separating the two families.
    Ditto. Wanyan Honglie gets my vote as the most despicable.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    He gets it by default, I suppose, but even *he* has a few humanizing aspects that prevents him from being completely despicable.

There really isn't that Sing Kwun, Ngok But Kwun, or Gwok Fu-type character in LOCH.

the emperor of the great song......though only small talk about him during the series, should be the one to blame too for partying day and night ruining great song. He sent 12 order for the recall of Yue Fei..... anyone recognize what I'm talking about? lol

the emperor of the great song......though only small talk about him during the series, should be the one to blame too for partying day and night ruining great song. He sent 12 order for the recall of Yue Fei..... anyone recognize what I'm talking about? lol
    Yeah, but that all happened pre-LOCH.

There really isn't that Sing Kwun, Ngok But Kwun, or Gwok Fu-type character in LOCH.
    I'd say Cheng Kun and Guo Fu had some human characters too.

One villain who didn't show one ounce of humanity, is Ding Chunqiu.

One villain who didn't show one ounce of humanity, is Ding Chunqiu.
    what do you call humanity?

what do you call humanity?
    I think of human emotions. Guo Fu loved Yang Guo (in a way that she didn't even understand until the end of novel), while Cheng Kun loved Yang Dingtian's wife. Ding Chunqiu loved no one but himself.