Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HSDS quick questions

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    why did so so save the 3rd brother of wu dang in the first place?
    She wasn't especially cruel, and she didn't see the point of antagonizing the Mo Dong Sect. Antagonizing the Mo Dong Sect would have made things more difficult for the Heavenly Eagle Sect, and having come into possession of the Dragonslayer Sabre, the Heavenly Eagle Sect certainly didn't need *more* enemies.

Was there any element of respect for renowned heroes who were known to be good men?

ty ken, im watching the 2009 version of hsds and its been a long time, forgot everything
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I agree with Ken's response. In general, I don't think Yin Su Su meant to kill Zhang Cuishan. She was only interested in obtaining the Dragon Sabre.

Default another quick hsds question

how strong are the 3 du monks in shaolin? are they comparable to say GJ/YG? or even stronger/weaker?

i tried to search, but got billions of thread and the top 10 thread didnt have my answer thankssss

how strong are the 3 du monks in shaolin? are they comparable to say GJ/YG? or even stronger/weaker?

i tried to search, but got billions of thread and the top 10 thread didnt have my answer thankssss
    It takes three of them using that formation of theirs to equal a Great. One-on-one, none of those monks has much hope against a Great, but the three of them together using that formation can perhaps battle a Great to a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It takes three of them using that formation of theirs to equal a Great. One-on-one, none of those monks has much hope against a Great, but the three of them together using that formation can perhaps battle a Great to a draw.
    ohh interesting... ty

for some reason it looked like they can defeat ZWJ...

The three of them could draw with ZWJ. Their internals combined were about equal to ZWJ. Considering JY likes to keep his great-level figures about the same. ZWJ would likely be the same tier as YG/GJ, and they would probably perform just as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    The three of them could draw with ZWJ. Their internals combined were about equal to ZWJ. Considering JY likes to keep his great-level figures about the same. ZWJ would likely be the same tier as YG/GJ, and they would probably perform just as well.
    Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor might do a little better just because they were more aggressive and had better combat instincts. I don't know for sure that either one of them could guarantee an outright win against the Do monks and their formation, but their aggression/combat instincts should give them a slight advantage over what Cheung Mo Gei had.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor might do a little better just because they were more aggressive and had better combat instincts. I don't know for sure that either one of them could guarantee an outright win against the Do monks and their formation, but their aggression/combat instincts should give them a slight advantage over what Cheung Mo Gei had.
    I don't know if they'd fare any better 1v3 against them, (most likely yes though) but with the help of Yang Xiao and Yin Tianzheng, it feels like GJ and YG would for sure would have secured a victory. They kept two monks busy for a good few dozens of stances which should have been enough for either to at least disarm one, or possibly even take one out of the fight completely and coast to victory from there.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I don't know if they'd fare any better 1v3 against them, (most likely yes though) but with the help of Yang Xiao and Yin Tianzheng, it feels like GJ and YG would for sure would have secured a victory. They kept two monks busy for a good few dozens of stances which should have been enough for either to at least disarm one, or possibly even take one out of the fight completely and coast to victory from there.
    One problem that Cheung Mo Gei had was that he didn't have a really good *attacking* martial art to go on the offensive against the Do monks with. All he could do was use Keen Kwun Dai Loi Yee to attempt to throw the monks' attacks back at them, which was *not* a successful strategy. He didn't have any real offense to use for breaking their formation.

If it had been Gwok Jing or Yeung Gor, they would have Hong Lung 18 Palmed/Sad Palmed (or Heavy Iron Sworded) the monks and broken their formation. I don't think the Do monks would have had any defense against attacks such as Hong Lung 18 Palms/Sad Palms/Heavy Iron Sword.

I think it would be a little unfair to give YG the HIS in this equation. The HIS allowed him to top QQR and draw with YD even pre-16 years when his internal wasn't on their level. Post-16 year YG with the HIS would probably be able to batter through the defenses relatively easily, especially if you threw in Yang Xiao and Yin Tianzheng.

I think ZWJ actually had a good skillset to take on the Du Monks, honestly. QKDNY allowed him to redirect and avoid getting put into compromising positions against their formation. However, I think GJ might have the best overall skillset for tackling the Du Monks, through a combination of L/R and XL18Z.

YG probably has the best skillset at taking on any one monk individually, and honestly, if the other two were distracted, I could see YG overpowering the single monk with relative ease, but he would probably struggle 1v3 against the formation if he didn't have the HIS.

how strong was song qing shu during the lion slaying festival? was he equal to one Z3F's disciple?

how strong was song qing shu during the lion slaying festival? was he equal to one Z3F's disciple?
    Not even close. His second martial uncle, Yu Lin Chou, destroyed him effortlessly.

Actually Song Qingshu in the novel is much more competent than portrayed in most adaptions. He is actually supposed to be quite intelligent and knowledgable in more fields than many of his uncles.

At the festival, even though Yu is definitely stronger, he had a difficult time closing the deal because he knew that his claws were super deadly. Depending on how you view preparing specific strategies to beat an opponent as legitimate or not, Song actually would have taken Yu's life even if he were going 100% if he hadn't see him use those claws on the two elders before him.

Yeah, but like ZZR, his internal strength simply wasn't on par with the Wudang heroes. He had to rely on his moves being too unusual and dangerous for them to be comfortable taking on. It's not a sustainable model with them. Once they have showed what they could do, the people with stronger internal would still best them.

ic ty.

how strong was the yellow shirt girl aka yang guo's granddaughter?

ic ty.

Nobody really knows. She could be at any level between "better than Chow Chi Yerk" (which isn't that great) to Greats-level or beyond, but the sample size of her martial arts exhibitions is just too small to render an accurate judgment.

In HSDS, the acid test would be fighting somebody such as Cheung 3 Fung, Cheung Mo Gei, or the three Do monks, but Lady Yeung in Yellow didn't fight anybody near that caliber in HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Yeah, but like ZZR, his internal strength simply wasn't on par with the Wudang heroes. He had to rely on his moves being too unusual and dangerous for them to be comfortable taking on. It's not a sustainable model with them. Once they have showed what they could do, the people with stronger internal would still best them.
    Sure, he is definitely not as powerful as the Wudang heroes, but the claws definitely upped his real martial arts level by quite a bit, and he was no slouch to begin with. The defensive nature of Wudang martial arts ironically meshed really well with the 9 Yin Claws, cause he could be seemingly defending the whole time and suddenly just reach out with his hand and kill you. If he had more than a few variations, even Yu might have fell to him just like the Beggar Elder before him that knew about the claws, but wasn't careful enough.

The claws wasn't just an all flash and surprise you technique in my mind, it is a legitimately powerful technique that increases what opponents have to defend against and thus makes it easier for yourself to attack and defend also.

ic ty.

The only real comparison we see is that she seemed even faster than Wei Yixiao, and that she was toying with ZZR. She could have easily taken her life but seemed to be testing her martial arts for fun or just to embarrass her.