Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do China series ever do modern series?

Default Do China series ever do modern series?

Was just curious because i've never seen a modern series produced by China. So yeah

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

The only modern series that ive seen are Fast Track Love starring Vicki Zhao and Ashes of Phoenix (or is it Phoenix from the Ashes? ) starring Kristy Yang

there are...thought most of them arn't main stream. my parents like watching them

boy and girl with ruby lin was china series ryt?
    and sun li's "屋顶上的绿宝石" is also a good china drama though i don't know if it's really chinese or taiwanese..lol..oh yeah and love of the aegean sea, it wa sshot in china but i don't know coz the actors were taiwanese.. but yeah those were good dramas if u like 'dramas'

There are lots of china modern dramas.. some are actually gud too..just look around
    Last edited by apartheid; 06-01-07 at 08:46 PM.

The only good china modern series are those with ruby lin.

The others are really boring.
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

Quote Originally Posted by babybunny View Post
    The only good china modern series are those with ruby lin.

The others are really boring.
    are you kidding me? her fei ni bu ke was horrible, and her "lovers in paris" was even more, didn't even know why i watched those

fast track love was okay, love vicki and lu yi

Quote Originally Posted by Zhong View Post
    Was just curious because i've never seen a modern series produced by China. So yeah
    They do modern series as well. It's just that they are too obsessed with wuxia remakes at the moment. Actually, they are probably going to remake everything that's possible to remake.
    Jiang Hu, a Wuxia fansubbing team
    Currently seeking more help!

Quote Originally Posted by Ueda Jiro View Post
    They do modern series as well. It's just that they are too obsessed with wuxia remakes at the moment. Actually, they are probably going to remake everything that's possible to remake.
    they make lots of modern series...it's just we're obsessed with their "anicent" or "wuxia" stuff.

It is true that they make A LOT of modern series, but it is just that they are more known for the ancient and wu xia series(which are ones that I aim for). I actually didn't really like modern series at all until I started liking some modern Taiwan ones lately, but I still love ancient series more. I haven't found a single China modern series that I actually like though.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

i remember for a while, they kept making series that would transcend some 4 generations, going from late qing all the way to the 90's or something.

Really?? That sounds really tedious and boring. I saw some Qing Dynasty series from China and gosh were they BORING....THey were extremely long too. I hate those long historic ones.... I mainly aim for WU Xia or heavenly gods stories or anything else that is set in the ancient times and has a good plot....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I like mainland serials mainly for their costume/wuxia/historical epics. They have the budget and manpower to produce really authentic, grand and large scale ancient productions, plus unlike other asian productions, mainland productions have easier access to the vast array of traditional chinese landscapes/architecture.

I don't really fancy modern mainland productions, always found them a little weird. Probably cause im used to watching modern productions by HK, Taiwan, Japan and more recently, Korea Anyway, most "modern" mainland productions tend to centre around the early (1900-1940s) or mid (1960s-80s) 20th century.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by apartheid View Post
    fast track love was okay, love vicki and lu yi
    i did not like it it was disappointing
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I like mainland serials mainly for their costume/wuxia/historical epics. They have the budget and manpower to produce really authentic, grand and large scale ancient productions, plus unlike other asian productions, mainland productions have easier access to the vast array of traditional chinese landscapes/architecture.

I don't really fancy modern mainland productions, always found them a little weird. Probably cause im used to watching modern productions by HK, Taiwan, Japan and more recently, Korea Anyway, most "modern" mainland productions tend to centre around the early (1900-1940s) or mid (1960s-80s) 20th century.
    there's actually quite a lot of investigation & crime series...but i never found the interest due to the lack of good looking guys

though there were a few series based on this guy hai yan's scripts or something that was decent. the most famous one i think was "yong bu ming mu (永不瞑目)" with lu yi inside.
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 06-02-07 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    there's actually quite a lot of investigation & crime series...but i never found the interest due to the lack of good looking guys
    Detective serials? Somehow, i always like the ones produced by HK like the older ones by TVB and the movie ones. But yea, i always find that mainland modern serials (or even costume one) lack male eye candy. They usually invite Taiwanese or HK actors to star as lead etc. Mainland dramas do not lack female eye candy though

Wise Fool

I think Mainland dramas are commendable for the fact that they're not afraid to focus on older couples. You rarely see older couples being the focus of Taiwanese or HK dramas.

The detective ones are done a lot better than the HK ones because they don't have as much crappy slapstick and lame jokes. However, there are of course shitty ones too, but the ones I've seen, such as Death Diary, are quite decent and have superb acting.

However, I'm disappointed that the ones w/ Taiwanese or HK guest stars have completely ruined the Mainland modern genre. I see teeny-bopper idol dramas all the time now with really really really crappy plot, like Lovers in Paris. God, I wanted to kill the TV after watching a couple episodes and gave soon after.

I don't like any of the China modern series and I somehow find the frequency of the "jokes" made in China modern series doesn't match to my frequency China ancient series are extremely nice They should just focus more on the ancient series like what they're doing now.I've heard news that they are shooting a remake for Hong Lou Meng and they are currently selecting the cast for Lin Daiyu ... ... Hong Lou Meng is a nice story.I look forward to that I hope that it don't disappoint my expectations for the show ... ...

I dont know but i dont find the comedy genre in mainland movies all that entertaining and hilarious, they're great at serious and tragic and what not types of genres but humour is not really their niche. HK serials/movies, and even certain Korean ones still produce funnier comedies imo. So far, no matter how much they try to imitate, I still cannot experience the type of slapstick comedy so successfully portrayed by many HK artists in mainland serials. I guess its just the different styles of acting.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by apartheid View Post
    are you kidding me? her fei ni bu ke was horrible, and her "lovers in paris" was even more, didn't even know why i watched those

Never watched those series you mentioned
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos