• obai

2 66.67%

Thread: mongolian sharpshooter jebe vs manchurian manbeast obai

Default mongolian sharpshooter jebe vs manchurian manbeast obai

who wins here?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Does Jebe get to use his archery equipment? If he doesn't, he's screwed.

How far apart they're standing also makes a big difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    How far apart they're standing also makes a big difference!
    Yeah. At a distance of twenty feet or more, and with archery equipment in hand, I *really* like Jebe's chances. Within grappling distance and without any archery equipment, Jebe is a goner.

Honestly, I don't think Jebe has a chance against Oboi regardless of distance and archery equipment. Given how powerful Oboi is, he will be able to catch Jebe's arrow and kill him within few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Jebe has a chance against Oboi regardless of distance and archery equipment. Given how powerful Oboi is, he will be able to catch Jebe's arrow and kill him within few seconds.
    Obai isn't *that* good. Arrow catching is beyond his skill level.

Seriously, what's up with everybody overrating Obai this week? The guy is monstrously strong...perhaps the strongest individual in Jin Yong's stories in terms of sheer muscle power (not inner power), but people are beginning to describe Obai as if the man were Kiu Fung or something. The man obviously isn't unskilled, but he's not capable of some of these Sung/Yuan/Ming Dynasty Great/Elite-level feats people are suddenly attributing to him.

I swear this is going to turn into the next version of "Ling Wu Chung could defeat GOD if he puts his sword in a surprising position."

Arrow catching is far from an elite fighting maneuver though; Jebeh himself showed that he could do it against another great Mongolian archer.

Can't really comment about Obai since I never read DOMD, but it wouldn't be surprising for someone called the greatest warrior to be able to catch arrows. But if Obai truly had no inner power at all, then it seems hard to beat an archer that can machine gun fire arrows like mongolian archers could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Obai isn't *that* good. Arrow catching is beyond his skill level.

Seriously, what's up with everybody overrating Obai this week? The guy is monstrously strong...perhaps the strongest individual in Jin Yong's stories in terms of sheer muscle power (not inner power)
    Ma Guangzuo might top him for sheer muscle power. This is a guy who could impress the likes of Jinlun Fawang and Nimoxing with his feats of strength, not to mention being able to thump Fawang into a daze. Now that would be a contest, who would win in a fight between Oboi and Ma Guangzuo.

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Ma Guangzuo might top him for sheer muscle power. This is a guy who could impress the likes of Jinlun Fawang and Nimoxing with his feats of strength, not to mention being able to thump Fawang into a daze. Now that would be a contest, who would win in a fight between Oboi and Ma Guangzuo.
    It would almost be like a Thing vs. Hulk brawl.

I think Obai would win here; he's likely not far behind (if indeed he is at all) Ma Gwong Jor in terms of strength, but more skilled than Ma.

weapons included and distance will be starting at 100 feet.

side note: would yang guo's dad be superior or inferior to these 2? how about yang guo's ancestor that invented the yang family spear technique?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post

side note: would yang guo's dad be superior or inferior to these 2? how about yang guo's ancestor that invented the yang family spear technique?
    On horseback he might have a chance against Oboi, otherwise he wouldn't come near either of them. Jebie would likely shoot his horse first, then him.

side note: would yang guo's dad be superior or inferior to these 2?
    You mean Yeung Hong? He should be able to take both of them using 9 Yum White Bone Claws and the Cheun Jen Sect skills that Yau Chui Gei taught him, provided he doesn't fall prey to Obai's mammoth strength first.

how about yang guo's ancestor that invented the yang family spear technique?
    You mean Yeung Yip, the patriarch of the Yeung Family Corps? With spear in hand, he'd probably defeat both Jebe and Obai.

At distance and with their preferred weapons, Jebe takes this.

You mean Yeung Yip, the patriarch of the Yeung Family Corps? With spear in hand, he'd probably defeat both Jebe and Obai.
    Yang Guo's ancestor was Yang Zaixing - I don't think there was any proven relationship to Yang Ye of the Yang family legends. On mounted horseback the Yang family spear was pretty effective against enemy troops, but not sure a single spearman could take on a single archer at 100 paces, especially when the archer may ride a horse as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Yang Guo's ancestor was Yang Zaixing - I don't think there was any proven relationship to Yang Ye of the Yang family legends...
    There's never been any definitive proof (because it's a complicated mixture of history, folklore, and pop culture), but based on the information that we do have, it's easier to believe that there's a connection than there not being a connection. The surname, the weapons technique, the dynasty served (sort of; Northern Sung and Southern Sung were two distinct periods, though there was continuity between them), the patriotic bent. One would need to believe in *many* coincidences to believe that Yeung Hong was *not* the progeny of the famous Yeung Family warriors who famously fought the Khitans.

You mean Yeung Hong? He should be able to take both of them using 9 Yum White Bone Claws and the Cheun Jen Sect skills that Yau Chui Gei taught him, provided he doesn't fall prey to Obai's mammoth strength first.

actually i meant yeung hong's dad lol, he was able to fight yau chu gay for several hours right?

actually i meant yeung hong's dad lol, he was able to fight yau chu gay for several hours right?
    Are you kidding? Yeung Teet Sum wouldn't last thirty seconds against Yau Chui Gei if Yau were actually trying. Yeung Teet Sum can handle a dozen or more soldiers with his spear, but against actual wulin people he's almost helpless.

Yang Tiexin lasted as long as he did purely because Qiu Chuji was curious if his self-declared "Yang family spear" was genuine, and wanted to see it. Otherwise I doubt he would have lasted a couple of strokes.

Qiu Chuji himself noted that the Yang family spear had no real training on the footwork and hence was not really a martial arts skill - it was mainly designed to be used while on horseback. I think if Yang Tiexin (or Yang Zaixing or Yang Ye - regardless of whether Yang Ye was really his ancestor I don't think Yang Ye, not being a wulin figure, would have been any more superior a fighter than Yang Zaixing) were mounted on a horse he could be quite a potent force, but I'm sure Oboi wouldn't be a pushover on a horse either since the Manchus, like the Mongols, were quite good at mounted combat. The romantic in me would root for Yang Family Spear, but I suspect Oboi would just brute force his way through. Jibie would most definitely have no problems in first targeting the horse then finishing of any of the Yang family spear exponents with his second arrow.

Anyone want to list any feats Obai did?