Thread: What question would you ask Jin Yong, given the chance?

Default What question would you ask Jin Yong, given the chance?

Old master Jin Yong is already 94. The chance to ask him questions is slowly slipping away. But if he were still alive what would you ask him?

Mine:

1) If WCY was still alive, would he be stronger than GJ and YG
    2) How strong are Z3F / Wuji compared to GJ and YG?
    3) Most evidence and inferences from books suggest GJ has a distinct advantage over YG, but who would win in a fight?
    4) Wudang 7 swordsman vs Quanzen 7?

Since the last one we have was 7 years ago? (7 years itch), let's continue with this one. Alternatively, you may consider merging this with the latest, Ken.

My question is simple: As you (JY) have always claimed that XZ is the most favorite girl, would you consider letting her stay with zwj if you ever going to edit hsds again?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Since the last one we have was 7 years ago? (7 years itch), let's continue with this one. Alternatively, you may consider merging this with the latest, Ken.
    They were joke threads; you should check them out; they're hilarious.

My question is simple: As you (JY) have always claimed that XZ is the most favorite girl, would you consider letting her stay with zwj if you ever going to edit hsds again?
    Cheung Mo Gei wandered the world after the events of HSDS. He could have made it as far as Persia. He did once moot such a journey.

i believe this was his last interview (even though it's not like interview)

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page...selling-author

Four years ago, I met Cha at the Shangri-La Hotel, which sits at the foot of the rain-forested mountain that dominates Hong Kong Island, for an interview about his literary legacy. Cha has been frail since suffering a stroke, in 1997; he is unable to walk or write, and speaks with difficulty, relying on a retinue: his third wife, his secretary, his publisher, a nurse, a personal assistant, and a rotating cast of protégés. The meeting, one aide told me, would likely be the last interview of Cha’s life. We had lunch in a private dining room, and he sat facing the door, the feng shui seat of honor. His voice, thick with home-town dialect, was weak and hoary, but he managed a few answers in a mix of Mandarin, Shanghainese, and Cantonese. (His English and French have left him.) I asked him about the political meaning of his work, and he made a surprising acknowledgment. “Master Hong of the Mystic Dragon Sect?” he said, referencing the antagonist of his final novel, “The Deer and the Cauldron.” “Yes, yes—that means the Communist Party.” Cha acknowledged that several of his later novels were, indeed, allegories for events of the Cultural Revolution.
    he said previously in 2008 or 2009 that in the next 10 years, he is planning to release the next revision, but it is unlikely with his current condition

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    They were joke threads; you should check them out; they're hilarious.

Cheung Mo Gei wandered the world after the events of HSDS. He could have made it as far as Persia. He did once moot such a journey.
    With zm tagging along?

Quote Originally Posted by a_tumiwa View Post
    i believe this was his last interview (even though it's not like interview)

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page...selling-author

he said previously in 2008 or 2009 that in the next 10 years, he is planning to release the next revision, but it is unlikely with his current condition
    Hopefully, he passed some verbal instructions to someone he trust.

Hopefully, he passed some verbal instructions to someone he trust.
    I heard a rumor that he already wrote fourth editions to all of the novels some years ago, and hid them inside a sword and a saber. All we need to do now is to find the sword and the saber...

With zm tagging along?
    Yes...to keep him honest.

I think they would probably make the trip, at the very least, to report to Siu Chiu that the Chinese Ming Cult completely collapsed. The Persian Ming Cult Leader would need to know about this.

i also want to ask
    what is the result battle between hu fei (ou hui) and miao renfeng in the end of novel, who die? (as the indication said that one of them must die)