Thread: Most under rated Hong Kong celebrity.

Default Most under rated Hong Kong celebrity.

Give your opinions on which actors you think is under rated in Hong Kong

Lo Chung Hua: He lead in the series "THe god of sword". He did a good job but I don't know why that is the only series that he lead. Always getting supporting roles. He appeared only in a few series
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/thumbnail.php?img=/images/productions/jpgawI-1450.jpg&width=125&height=300')
    http://www.spcnet.tv/ATV-TV-Series/T...iew-r2135.html

Kent Tong: his acting is great but somehow he didn't get very far like he should.

Power Chan: He always done a good job on most, if not all, of the roles he got but somehow he didn't get a leading role.

Derek Kwok: The reason is similar to Power Chan.

Felix Wong: He was actually very popular in TV series and always did a great job but I don't know why he couldn't be successful like Andy Lau and Tony Leung in the movie industry which I think he should/deserves.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 06-13-09 at 02:12 AM.

Bosco Wong!!! WTF he always gets 3rd or fourth male lead when I think he does fine as 1st lead, i.e, seventh day!

Steven Ma he needs alot more exposure, well he is getting alotta series this year.. . . .3 so far at the current count!

Natalie Tong she looked so cute in seventh day, not to mention her wonderful acting!

under rated...so many, a lot of the older supporting actors/actress in tvb are underatted.

in the movie industry, i would say Andy Hui, i think he's a great actor yet he isn't as popular as he should be, well at least on par with Andy Lau.

ATV...well i don't watch enough to tell.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

power chan, natalie tong as stated above by other members: i totally AGREE. i first noticed power chan in flying fox as sum yin whereby i first noticed natalie in Just Love.
    and there are some cuties who are rather unused.. joyce tang's sister (not sherming yiu, but the one who marries tang yat kwan) in armed reaction for example, but i havent seen her in much dramas. sherming doesnt get much roles either.
    and angela tong's only main role is in Marriage of Inconvenience but she did a great job there. maybe the character was written to make it like most of the characters she plays, but she did a great job anyways.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    power chan, natalie tong as stated above by other members: i totally AGREE. i first noticed power chan in flying fox as sum yin whereby i first noticed natalie in Just Love.
    and there are some cuties who are rather unused.. joyce tang's sister (not sherming yiu, but the one who marries tang yat kwan) in armed reaction for example, but i havent seen her in much dramas. sherming doesnt get much roles either.
    and angela tong's only main role is in Marriage of Inconvenience but she did a great job there. maybe the character was written to make it like most of the characters she plays, but she did a great job anyways.
    Yes I really like Anegla Tong too! She is an awesome actress! Sexy too . Power Chan I will also have to agree! He can act! Very Versitile! To me hes like a Wayne Lai, no matter how good he is, it will take him years and years until he get notice by TVB. Mimi Lo of course another under rated actress! She is as good as her bf hah!

I would say Jimmy Au Shui Wei. He is such a good actor and is pretty good looking but only got to play the lead a couple of times. THen all he got to play was either the second lead at best or just supporting characters. I don't think that is fair at all.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I would say Jimmy Au Shui Wei. He is such a good actor and is pretty good looking but only got to play the lead a couple of times. THen all he got to play was either the second lead at best or just supporting characters. I don't think that is fair at all.
    I like him a lot too! He is still handsome!! He should have a lead!

Mimi Lo. This actress is beautiful and good in acting. TVB should give her meatier and more important roles.

It's strange. I don't find Mimi Lo beautiful last time. But, when I watch 'Winter Melon' and catch LWOLAP again on TV recently, find her beautiful.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Mimi Lo. This actress is beautiful and good in acting. TVB should give her meatier and more important roles.

It's strange. I don't find Mimi Lo beautiful last time. But, when I watch 'Winter Melon' and catch LWOLAP again on TV recently, find her beautiful.
    She was very hot in "Siu 11 lang" with Felix Wong, Maggie Siu, and Ann Heung. I think she was the hottest in the series and a good villain too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    She was very hot in "Siu 11 lang" with Felix Wong, Maggie Siu, and Ann Heung. I think she was the hottest in the series and a good villain too.
    Hehe I just love how she looks so cute! Hah She was good in Blade Heart! I think that was one of her meaty roll! Oh wait she was lead actress in Battle against Evil, but I did not like the series much, it was kind of a bore! Yeap she is one of the unrated actress! I wish I can fall in love with those over rated new actress they put in most of the series so I can enjoy the show more hah! But the low key ones are probably who I am going to notice.

Oh yeah Akina Hong, I think shes a good actress, and very pretty too.

i think lin guo dong (林国栋) is also under-rated in hong kong......

he did pretty fairly with several of the tvb series......