Thread: Ruby Lin Xinru 林心如

I don't see anything unique or special about her at all. I think she is just average compared to a lot of other actresses. Not to mention, she isn't even that talented.. Her singing is the worse that I have heard in my life....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I don't see anything unique or special about her at all. I think she is just average compared to a lot of other actresses. Not to mention, she isn't even that talented.. Her singing is the worse that I have heard in my life....
    while what you said is true..but there are many actresses that are the same as her but they dont even have her kind of popularity.. even the more talented girls like Shui Ling never really rose to the peak of fame.. Ruby is not fully talented but people loved her charm and cuteness that she had played her in characters..

in this industry it's hard to determine why many are so popular and super talented ones are not.. we can just say it's all about fate and luck... it's the rite timing, character , the movie that they were in were took off and that gave them the name they are today.

I always think she is pretty and cute, but she doesn't sing that well and her acting is above average and limited. I didn't really like her after the HZGG phase as I prefer Vicki a tad more. However, as years went back, I prefer Ruby more than Vicki. It could be that Vicki lost her appeal or w.e and Ruby was still consistent in who she is, or I guess Ruby grew on to me. In gen, I think Ruby is overrated, but I forgive her out of the overrated actresses out there.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I guess every actress had their own "fate." Some very talented actresses are underrated due to them not having a chance to showcase their talent in a 'hit' show. I think Ruby should count her lucky stars for landing the role in HZGG, because like you, I think she is pretty much average in everything. Without the popularity of HZGG, I don't think she would have the fame that she has today.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    while what you said is true..but there are many actresses that are the same as her but they dont even have her kind of popularity.. even the more talented girls like Shui Ling never really rose to the peak of fame.. Ruby is not fully talented but people loved her charm and cuteness that she had played her in characters..

in this industry it's hard to determine why many are so popular and super talented ones are not.. we can just say it's all about fate and luck... it's the rite timing, character , the movie that they were in were took off and that gave them the name they are today.
    I agree with you. It is timing, luck and fate. Honestly, I think if she did not get the role in HZGG, I really question where she would be right now...Yea, there are plenty of stars that are very talented and great looking. However, they just don't have the connections, luck, timing, fate or the right roles to get them the fame and recognition that they deserve.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic View Post
    I guess every actress had their own "fate." Some very talented actresses are underrated due to them not having a chance to showcase their talent in a 'hit' show. I think Ruby should count her lucky stars for landing the role in HZGG, because like you, I think she is pretty much average in everything. Without the popularity of HZGG, I don't think she would have the fame that she has today.
    Very well said.. I really agree with you. Even my mom who likes Ruby in HZGG says that IF it weren't for the popularity of the show, she would not be even close to where she is now...

Very well said.. I really agree with you. Even my mom who likes Ruby in HZGG says that IF it weren't for the popularity of the show, she would not be even close to where she is now...
    I think hZGG in gen, helped EVERYONE, even FBB

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I think hZGG in gen, helped EVERYONE, even FBB
    Yea, that is VERY true and I forgot to mention that. It helped, FBB, Vicki, Alec, and everyone else get known and popular....

Yea, that is VERY true and I forgot to mention that. It helped, FBB, Vicki, Alec, and everyone else get known and popular....

and after they got popular, it was bye bye to Qiong yao

Yea, that is true but kind of sad for Qiong Yao. It felt as if they are done using her and that's it...

Yea, that is true but kind of sad for Qiong Yao. It felt as if they are done using her and that's it...
    I don't know if I agree. As I recall, Ruby, Alec, Vicki all acted in several Qiong Yao drama after HZGG, even though they all found great popularity after HZGG.

Personally, I think the reason why they didn't return for the 3rd one is that it was simply not very good. The prince had a relationship w/ that girl and Sparrow lost her baby twice (I mean, "come on"). It was very frustrating to watch if you are not a fan of the other guy, because his character was the only one that improved. Ruby's character (played by the other girl) was a horrid mother who neglected her child b/c she misses her husband all the time.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust View Post
    I don't know if I agree. As I recall, Ruby, Alec, Vicki all acted in several Qiong Yao drama after HZGG, even though they all found great popularity after HZGG.

Personally, I think the reason why they didn't return for the 3rd one is that it was simply not very good. The prince had a relationship w/ that girl and Sparrow lost her baby twice (I mean, "come on"). It was very frustrating to watch if you are not a fan of the other guy, because his character was the only one that improved. Ruby's character (played by the other girl) was a horrid mother who neglected her child b/c she misses her husband all the time.
    I don't really agree because I didn't like any of the dramas they acted in after QY's. IF it weren't for QY, they would still be no names....

well it's true that Ruby prob never gotten this far with HuGG. But i think she would have found other series that would have make her name. While she is not one of the prettiest actresses out there but in the 90s her face was pretty original. When i saw HGGe I thought she was such a beauty. For some reason i never really like Vicky like everyone else though she was even prettier than Ruby i thought her face is too western for ancient series.

but not being in the 3rd one was def a right choice for all.. it was bad for me.. except for the quest starring of Shui LIng that made me watch the first couple of ep.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    well it's true that Ruby prob never gotten this far with HuGG. But i think she would have found other series that would have make her name. While she is not one of the prettiest actresses out there but in the 90s her face was pretty original. When i saw HGGe I thought she was such a beauty. For some reason i never really like Vicky like everyone else though she was even prettier than Ruby i thought her face is too western for ancient series.

but not being in the 3rd one was def a right choice for all.. it was bad for me.. except for the quest starring of Shui LIng that made me watch the first couple of ep.
    Well, no one really knows if she would have became famous with other roles. But I honestly don't see any other roles that she played AFTER HZGG that great at all. I don't consider her original since how many people do you see say that she looks like for example, Alyssa, Jolin and any other actress?? Her face is very common, but EVERYONE is unique and original in their own way. Lets see how much longer her "fame" will last. Only time and the future can tell...

Vicki broke contract w/ QY first then FBB followed about 1 year after. Alec has no contract w/ QY, as I know, so can't say he said bye bye to QY. Ruby still under company of QY's daughter in-law until she joined HY in Nov 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Well, no one really knows if she would have became famous with other roles. But I honestly don't see any other roles that she played AFTER HZGG that great at all
    I like her roles in "The Last Tango in Shanghai", "The Royal Chef", & "Flying Knife" & The first two "TLT in Shanghai" & "The Royal Chef" made me know her, not HZGG!

How many her series did you see after HZGG? I've never felt HZGG is great/interesting
    Last edited by Ivy; 01-16-09 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Vicki broke contract w/ QY first then FBB followed about 1 year after. Alec has no contract w/ QY, as I know, so can't say he said bye bye to QY. Ruby still under company of QY's daughter in-law until she joined HY in Nov 2008

I like her roles in "The Last Tango in Shanghai", "The Royal Chef", & "Flying Knife" & The first two "TLT in Shanghai" & "The Royal Chef" made me know her, not HZCC!

How many her series did you see after HZGG? I've never felt HZGG is great/interesting
    I never cared much for HZGG either and felt that it is highly overrated. I saw Fei Dao You Jian Fei Dao and some others and didn't think her acting is that good... It is ok, but not good. We all have different opinions anyway. I still must say that it was HZGG that got her her fame, not other series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.aquacity-nj.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ruby7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.aquacity-nj.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ruby8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.aquacity-nj.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/ruby6.jpg')

More pix: http://rubyandme.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4434

Well, no one really knows if she would have became famous with other roles. But I honestly don't see any other roles that she played AFTER HZGG that great at all. I don't consider her original since how many people do you see say that she looks like for example, Alyssa, Jolin and any other actress?? Her face is very common, but EVERYONE is unique and original in their own way. Lets see how much longer her "fame" will last. Only time and the future can tell...
    Ruby lasted a good 10 years, and built a strong solid fan based. Since she is older, she might not have another spike her fame in her career, but I don't think it would die out instantly. Young actreses these day actually suck more than she does, and always day dream about breaking into holywood only to play stereotypical act. I find Ruby just slightly above average but she was consistent in what she did so if I have to pick the young coming actresses popping out these days, I would give Ruby more props. SOme actresses like ( cough cough LYF), does 2 roles, wears short skirt and release and album, and run to hollywood to act in some kung fu movie, and is gone from the scene. And from Taiwan, I can't think of much actresses coming out who can are really noteworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Vicki broke contract w/ QY first then FBB followed about 1 year after. Alec has no contract w/ QY, as I know, so can't say he said bye bye to QY. Ruby still under company of QY's daughter in-law until she joined HY in Nov 2006

I would like to note that the 16 Springs series made audience loved her more in China

yes she does resembles alot like Alyssia..that does not make them common..to me i still find Ruby and alyssia of the fewer very beautiful actresses out there..they have this really cute face..while many actresses are beautiful but ruby and alyssia are just bubbly cute but everybody has different taste....like many said that in HGG her acting was average..if she wasn't that much of a beauty she wouldn't have been that noticed and all the fans would gone to vicky.... now looking back at HGG it's an ok series, it was cute at the moment but Ruby has done some better work since...

like "sound of colors, flying dagger, princess Dali".. we could never conclude if she could rise to fame without HGG but to me i believe that she would.. for someone who stayed for the industry 10 years already isn't nothing. People wouldn't even care for her after HGG phase die down.. she has a certain charm that i think will eventually captures the audience eye even if there if no existence of HGG.

Sugar was 16 really that famous... when it came out i couldn't watch it... bc i love ruby and shui ling but series was so pitiful plus i knew that ruby was going to be rape..i couldn't bare to watch those kind of series...

Ruby lasted a good 10 years, and built a strong solid fan based. Since she is older, she might not have another spike her fame in her career, but I don't think it would die out instantly. Young actreses these day actually suck more than she does, and always day dream about breaking into holywood only to play stereotypical act. I find Ruby just slightly above average but she was consistent in what she did so if I have to pick the young coming actresses popping out these days, I would give Ruby more props. SOme actresses like ( cough cough LYF), does 2 roles, wears short skirt and release and album, and run to hollywood to act in some kung fu movie, and is gone from the scene. And from Taiwan, I can't think of much actresses coming out who can are really noteworthy.

I would like to note that the 16 Springs series made audience loved her more in China
    It is true that she did last about 10 years, but that honestly isn't much for the entertainment circle. There are many stars that have been in the industry for over 30 years and are still memorable. IF Ruby can last for at least 20 years then that is something to commend. However, like I have said, only time can tell.. I totally agree about LYF. She is way overrated too... I have to say that RUby MUST stop singing because her singing is very bad....

About the cute faces, honestly many actresses are WAY more cuter than her.I can name so many... But once again, it will come down to each person's different taste and opinion. One of my friends really likes Ruby, but has to agree that her looks are nothing special or spectacular. But we all have different taste though so we must respect each other...