Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: missing Yale student's bod found

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen View Post
    Officially death by strangulation. That requires a lot of motivation. They either did have an affair and he couldn't handle her marriage or he was seriously obsessed.
    I had a feeling that it was strangulation... Hm... that really makes me wonder if they did have an affair or not? Also, the fact that she was going to get married?? I wonder if that was what motivated him to kill her?? Or else why kidnap and murder someone just days before their wedding??
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

The next question is if she was sexually assaulted or if it was just straight up murder.

Quote Originally Posted by jiang bao View Post
    Edit: The Daily News went one step further... It's the dude dressed up as the devil LOL! Ya gotta love the press... Notice how suspect pix always are of them looking scary while vict pix are always of them smiling .
    I actually didn't like how they keep on using that sexy photo of the girl showing her (albeit nice-looking) bobbies. #_#

But, strangle? Yeah that does take some determination...

I don't think it was really planned murder. Seems like a crime of passion.
    My personal page: http://www.whileranting.com.
    Check out my creations and read the legendary Judge Expression's Courtroom Service.

She's exactly 12 years younger than me... 1 complete turn of the astrological wheel.

Amituofo.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 09-16-09 at 06:49 PM.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/annie-le-su...ory?id=8588970

I guess the cops still need the DNA results to have enough evidence to hold him. I thought that he WAS already arrested since the article from the Daily News last night that said he was brought out in cuffs.

Where did the kidnap thing come from? She wasn't kidnapped. He just killed her right there in the lab.

I would guess he killed her while wearing the bloody latex gloves found... Whose blood is it? Is it from piercing her neck skin while strangling or is it his blood from her struggling and scratching him? Or did he crush her internal throat structure and she was bleeding from the mouth?
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

r i p poor girl, hope the culprit, who must be an emo dude, will soon get punished,
    i hate emo guys, they are too troublesome and never have good plans for important businesses,
    btw i ve been thinking of a scheme that can allow me to perform a perfect and beautiful murder, no loathing is involved, just for the sake of artistry, but it s extremely hard coz criminology and forensic science have reached a very high level, i doubt that i will ever be successful haha

They let the guy go. I hope they are at least keeping eyes on him.

"If you do not believe they are a danger to anyone else, then you may let him go," Garrett said. "If this is a crime of passion, you're not concerned about anyone else."
    This sounds complacent, as the key word is "IF". What if it wasn't a crime of passion?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

If they have no evidence yet to arrest him, they can't hold him. He lawyered up.

In a few days the DNA results will come out and we will know exactly who did it. They're going to compare his DNA with the DNA at the crime scene, and also with everyone else who was in the basement that day (they all voluntarily gave up their DNA for testing). But for right now, I think it's already pretty clear who killed her...

http://www.courant.com/news/connecti...0,857789.story

NEW HAVEN - Computer records show that lab technician Raymond Clark III, a "person of interest" in the slaying of Yale graduate student Annie Le, was the last person to see her alive, a law-enforcement source told The Courant today.

Investigators traced Le's and Clark's movements through their computerized swipe cards, said the source, who is familiar with the investigation. Le entered the Yale laboratory at 10 Amistad St. at about 10 a.m. on Sept. 8. She passed through a basement lab area moments later. Then she swiped her way into a separate room of that lab.

Clark entered that same room a short time later, the source said, citing the computer records. Le was never seen again and her card was never used again.

Clark had moved around the laboratory area quite a bit that day, including entering rooms that he normally would not expected to be in, the source said.

Clark also swiped into another area -- the place where Le's body was eventually found after five days, stuffed into a 2-foot crawl space behind a wall.

The pattern of movements captured by the computer records are the reason authorities focused almost immediately on Clark, 24, the source said.

(Pictures: Annie Le Homicide Investigation)

The chief state medical examiner ruled Wednesday that Le, 24, who was pursuing a joint doctoral and medical degree, died of traumatic asphyxiation by neck compression.

When Clark was initially interviewed by federal agents shortly after Le was reported missing, he acknowledged seeing Le in the laboratory, the source said. He then was asked to take a polygraph test, which he failed, sources said.

Federal authorities also issued polygraph tests to anyone who had access to the laboratories, including Clark's girlfriend, Jennifer Hromadka, who is also a animal lab technician. She passed her polygraph test, the source said.

Le's devastated family, speaking through a pastor, expressed gratitude to the law offices and the Yale community, including a Vietnamese student association, for their response to the tragedy. Scooped up at his Middletown apartment by a squadron of police officers armed with search warrants, Clark was released from custody Wednesday after giving police a DNA sample.

Investigators will compare it to 150 items of evidence found in and around Le's makeshift tomb in the wall of the laboratory basement.

Now, investigators await the DNA test results, which Police Chief James Lewis said could lead to an arrest.

"It's all up to the lab now," Lewis said during a Wednesday evening press conference at police headquarters. He said with just one match in the case, "we'll be going for an arrest warrant."

Police have already served four search warrants in the case, three in search of evidence at Clark's Middletown home and in his car and another on Clark's body. Those search warrants have been sealed from public view, according to prosecutors.

Though Clark was cooperative while in police custody, the chief said Clark invoked his right not to speak to police.

His attorney, David H. Dworski, declined to answer questions about his client but said they are staying in touch with police.

"We're committed to proceeding appropriately with the authorities with whom we are in regular communication," Dworski said.

Annie Le Vigil: Pictures | Video | Story | Leave your condolences in our guest book

The public defender's office in New Haven, which traditionally does not get involved in criminal cases until arrests, is also consulting on the case, sources said.

Lewis said he believed the investigation is "going to end in an arrest."

He said investigators believe a single killer was involved in the attack on Le, but that they are investigating and keeping surveillance on more than one individual. He said he doesn't want investigators to be accused of having "tunnel vision."

"The issue for us now is to bring justice to Annie Le's family,'' the chief said.

Late Wednesday night, New Haven police officers were staking out the Super 8 motel on Route 372 in Cromwell, keeping an eye on a "person of interest," in the event that an arrest warrant was signed Wednesday night, according to Cromwell police Capt. Roy Nelson.

Law officers and the media are delving deep into Clark's life, and part of a portrait is emerging.

Clark, a 2004 graduate of Branford High School, belonged to three clubs, according to his yearbook; one that focused on Asian culture, another that drew attention to the plight of the homeless, and a third that stressed charity.

In the group picture of the Asian Awareness Club, he is standing, bespectacled, his hair short and combed back, next to a female Asian student. The group cooked authentic Asian dinners, and on Jan. 22, 2004, visited New York's Chinatown to participate in New Year festivities.

Homicide investigators working the Le case have obtained a police report indicating Clark's ex-girlfriend at the high school had trouble with Clark after breaking up with him. She went to Branford police with her concerns. Clark was not charged in the case and has no criminal history, save for a traffic ticket.

Police on Tuesday night served warrants for Clark's person and for Apt. 1A at 40 Ferry St. in Middletown. Clark shares the apartment with his girlfriend.

Clark moved to Middletown from New Haven six months ago, where he shared an apartment with Hromadka and three cats, according to former neighbor Taylor Goodwin, 16.

Clark worked as an animal technician for the expansive Yale Animal Resources Center, which "provides for the daily care of all animals used in research at Yale (95 percent of which are rodents)," according to Yale University's website.

(Video: Yale Students Feel Concerned)

The center, which is accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, coordinates the procurement of research animals, houses animals at multiple sites around the campus, and offers various scientific services to researchers, including breeding, tissue collection and analysis, animal restraint during experimentation and euthanasia.

Five days after Le's disappearance, members of the state police crime squad, with the assistance of a cadaver dog, discovered her fully clothed body in the research building at 10 Amistad St. She was wearing the same clothes seen in a video of her entering the building last week, a source said.

Police had to remove part of the wall in a laboratory to get access to the crawl space. The source said that evidence recovered from the crime scene indicated that Le was killed in a different room in the basement and then moved to the room that has the crawl space.

The source said that only someone with intimate knowledge of the layout of the laboratory would have been able to access the crawl space.

The source said that tiny droplets of blood were found in one of the laboratory rooms where police now believe that the slaying took place. The blood is being analyzed at the state forensic laboratory. Authorities also are trying to determine if Le was sexually assaulted.

Investigators didn't lock down the building until the weekend, meaning that people walked around and possibly through the potential crime scene for four days.

Investigators had attempted to bring a cadaver dog into the building earlier in the week, but because of the large number of animals in the laboratory, the dogs were unable to do a thorough search.

Le, from Placerville, Calif., was to have been married last Sunday in Syosset, N.Y., to Jonathan Widawsky, a graduate student at Columbia University in New York. Police have said that he is not a suspect and is helping with the investigation.

this scares the crap out of me!

RIP Annie Le.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    this scares the crap out of me!

RIP Annie Le.
    Don't worry, I'll protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeung Gor View Post
    Don't worry, I'll protect you.
    it's impossible for you to protect me all the time.

i go to work and from work alone. i park in an 8 story ramp and walk thru the subway to my office by myself. it's not so scary coming to work because most of the time i see or walk with other people coming in or pass others that are leaving. the scary part is the leaving at midnight, i walk alone to the ramp which is almost vacant. our company is heavily video taped, more than the building that Annie Le was in, but we also have many little electrical rooms too. We also swipe in and out. And there have been many times where i have to run down to the basement to look for a file by myself since my badge gives me access to every single room in the company i often times volunteer to do the task. working here for more than 6 years it's never crossed my mind that what i have done so often in the past was putting me at risk. i also walk pass the supply area and say hi to many of the stockers that deliver stuff on night shift. it's giving me goosebumps just thinking about this. i think i should use the buddy system now.

This is so sad.
    However, I think we should not rush into judgement and let the forensic team to investigate. I hope they find the killer and bring him to justice. The killer deserves the maximum that allowed by law (hopefully the death penalty).

Here are some pictures of the suspect and his fiancee.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009...shtml?tag=page
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 09-17-09 at 01:10 AM.

it's impossible for you to protect me all the time.

i go to work and from work alone. i park in an 8 story ramp and walk thru the subway to my office by myself. it's not so scary coming to work because most of the time i see or walk with other people coming in or pass others that are leaving. the scary part is the leaving at midnight, i walk alone to the ramp which is almost vacant. our company is heavily video taped, more than the building that Annie Le was in, but we also have many little electrical rooms too. We also swipe in and out. And there have been many times where i have to run down to the basement to look for a file by myself since my badge gives me access to every single room in the company i often times volunteer to do the task. working here for more than 6 years it's never crossed my mind that what i have done so often in the past was putting me at risk. i also walk pass the supply area and say hi to many of the stockers that deliver stuff on night shift. it's giving me goosebumps just thinking about this. i think i should use the buddy system now.
    But what if your buddy is your would-be killer?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    But what if your buddy is your would-be killer?
    ok now i'm really freaked out.

This is a really sad story to reaad. She is just starting her career and all gone.
    I hope the killer get caught ASAP.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

ok now i'm really freaked out.
    Just a thought...
    Pepper spray or learn self defence class??
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Police are calling it workplace violence. Doesn't sound like they even did the same thing.

Hard to believe that the dude would just choke her to death if they were just mere co-workers. I mean, it would take some really extreme work rage to do that. I’ve worked with some really really incredibly a-hole, byatchy people, and I’ve gotten really mad at them, but I’ve never thought of doing anything violent to them. Maybe punch them in the face or vandalize their car would be the most extreme I would consider going.

Yeah, I agree. I do think there's more than just "workplace violence." It takes a lot to kill someone, especially choking someone to death.